[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HATE Pokemon Sun and Moon SO FUCKING MUCH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1503369332521.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1503369332521.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
What exactly did they do right? the awful 3d looks much worse than the sprites from generations prior, for the most part gen 7 pokemon look U G L Y as fuck, no post game, shitty story they shove down your throat. The games lost every and any sense of exploration, the feeling like youre actually going on a journey. When compared to rby gsc where you pretty much got your pokemon and got thrown into the world, for you to figure things out on your own, given the freedom to explore and acutally have fun hell you could do erika, sabrina, koga, blaine in almost any order you wanted to, same with gsc and chuck, pryce, jasmine and all of kanto. No one told you what to do or where to go, there was no lame bullshit story about some fucking faggot protector guardian pokemon you went city to city and beat the gyms, you found the legendary birds/dogs and you became the champ because you wanted to not because the game told you to.

When comparing to sun/moon, where youre fucking forced to walk to a fucking checkpoint, fucking check points in a god damn pokemon game, watch 10+ minutes of cutscenes before you get to actually play the fucking game again (not to mention the like 30 minutes of bullshit you have to sit through before you can pick your starter). When you want to explore you have some dumb fuck cunt npc standing there saying hes too busy sucking dick and hell let you through when hes done and this shit happens in like every single fucking new place you get to.

There is so much fucking babying and hand holding in this fucking game. Like i like how gamefreak feels the need to explain to the player how the fucking battling works when its the most straightforward thing in the world., when this fucking series has been out for like 20 fucking years. Yet they dont properly explain important things such as natures, evs, ivs in thier game.
>>
>>33456224
(you) dumb frogposter
>>
>>33456224
For those confused: >>33456081
>>
File: Wojak and Pepe are the best.jpg (44KB, 956x148px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak and Pepe are the best.jpg
44KB, 956x148px
>>33456232
>dumb frogposter
Just stop already. Frogposting is healthy for the board.
>>
>>33456235
Why did you copy and paste my post in that thread?
>>
>>33456259
I'm not OP, I just noticed they were identical.
>>
>>33456254
Wojak is much different. Pepe is a literal normie meme now. It's more normie than saying normie. Fuck off dumb frogposter.

>>33456235
Why respond to a thread by making a new thread? Another thread died for your shitpost. Mods do your jobs.
>>
>>33456292
I didn't make this thread! I just noticed they were identical!
>>
Valid points across the board. However, the point of Pokemon isn't exploration, but the journey you take with Pokemon. It's about the Polish, not the freedom. You're given a memorable objective, to keep some kind of experience left in the game. If you want nonlinearity, that's fine. But gen 1 didn't have nonlinearity; it had 0 polish and basically said "fuck you, you're on your own". In terms of experience, they didn't do jack shit. Your Adventure is what you make it; not what you want it to be.

Pokemon sun and moon have a lot of issues, but the cutscenes were there to give a more cinematic experience, which I generally loved. The cutscene to get your starter was abysmal, but only when you're experiencing it more than once. it's there to offer a connection with you and your Pokemon, and to make it more personalized for you. The cutscenes weren't even the worst part of the game.

The environments were the same copypasted 4 things over and over again. If you explored, you didn't get a reward. No rare Pokemon, no Z stones in most cases, and no story element or progression.
>>
>>33456224
tl;dr
>>
>>33456224
I bet you have a squealy, faggy, whiny voice.
>>
>>33456375
Most people don't need a respectable opinion, anyway
>>
>>33456314
kys
>>
The lack of a story in old games only gave an illusion of freedom anyway. The fact that you can so things in a different order doesn't change much, the game still forces you to beat the gyms and Elite 4 because that's all there is TO do. And it's even worse because the game gives no narrative or motive, so there's really no reason to even bother because the gyms are the least exciting part of the game.
>>
>>33456614
Wrong
>>
>>33456614
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>33456614
nice reddit thoughts, my man
>>
>>33456614
idiot
>>
File: 1420753589027.png (111KB, 207x196px) Image search: [Google]
1420753589027.png
111KB, 207x196px
>>33456224
they're a little more intent on handholding now, that much is true; but the fact is that thanks to all the graphical upgrades and better attempts at actual writing, very little is left purely to the imagination like in the old games. gamefreak is doing the exact same amount of work instead of doing more to be able to pull this off, and that's why the games are more noticeably shit.
>>
>>33456614
that´s not how you shitpost my man
> SM is a walk to the red flag simulator
here
>>
>>33456614
hurrrrr
>>
>>33456614
I agree
>>
>>33456474
But why? All I did was realize they were identical.
>>
>>33456622
>>33456627
>>33456641
>>33456662
>>33456683
>>33456693
>poster count didn't go up for a single one of these posts
>post time spaced out almost perfectly
Are you even trying?
>>
File: 123456789.png (6KB, 383x153px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.png
6KB, 383x153px
>>33456714
I dont know about the others, but not me
>>
>>33456739
Weird, I saw the my man and thought that >>33456683 and >>33456641 were the same. But okay, you get a pass.
>>
>Yet they dont properly explain important things such as natures, evs, ivs in thier game.

This is pretty true still. Average player struggles because they aren't taught that some natures are better on certain Pokemon along with certain moves (you wouldn't put physical moves on a Magnezone).
Granted, you don't have to go into the games knowing any of these things, but it does make you a better player.
>>
>>33456714
kys
>>
>>33456254
Shut up you retarded frogposter
>>
>>33456292
>not being normie
I can't even start to imagine your stench, overweight body, and neckbeard, you NEET
>>
purge everyone in this thread
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.