[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

type order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17

File: waterpoison.jpg (72KB, 460x225px) Image search: [Google]
waterpoison.jpg
72KB, 460x225px
Does type order matter?
why is one a poison/water and the other is water/poison?
is it because the former is toxicer and the later is waterer?
is it just one of those pokemon logic?
>>
>>33453381
The first type it's the essential type of the pokemon. The second one is another quirk the pokemon has, simply that i suppose.

A poison/water is essentially a very poisonous pokemon that happens to live in the waters; a water/poison is a water creature that happens to has poison abilities as well.
>>
>>33453405
*to have
>>
>>33453405
>The first type it's the essential type of the pokemon. The second one is another quirk the pokemon has, simply that i suppose.
Nah. Pidgeot's flying abilities are more than just "another quirk". They're at the very core of what Pidgeot is about.

To answer OP's question, it doesn't really matter much, since in the end the effects are the same. It's really only about the designer's preference, I suppose.
>>
>>33453411
Not exactly. Pidgeout is a normal type pokemon (because it's simply a bird shaped one) that also has the ability to fly (therefore the secondary flying type). There are deep logic and lores behind all the choices.
>>
>>33453381
Is waterer/toxicer the new dragon that clouds/cloud that dragons?
>>
File: Jellfish_Pokémon.jpg (90KB, 960x619px) Image search: [Google]
Jellfish_Pokémon.jpg
90KB, 960x619px
>>33453381
Yes, It matter.
>>
File: Brutal_Star_Pokémon.jpg (98KB, 960x613px) Image search: [Google]
Brutal_Star_Pokémon.jpg
98KB, 960x613px
>>33453381
Because, It's important.
>>
Doors order change weakness/effective? I've always wondered this but never really checked it
>>
>>33453411
You can't really use flying as an example, it's more or an exception as there's only one Pokemon that's solely flying type and one line as a primary.
>>
>>33453381
>STAB and resists are reduced to 25% for secondary type, weakness on secondary type reduced to x1.5
how does the meta change
>>
>>33453468
No, it's just flavor.
>>
thats a to big question for a human to be answerd
>>
>>33453430
You're moving goalposts. You just said the second typing is "another quirk", as if it were just something else it has, and now you're saying "it also has that ability". Which is it, a quirk or something it can do? Because in Pidgeot's case it's at the very core of it (much more than being another normal type), so much that its whole Mega is pretty much only about it.
>>
>>33453453
>>33453461
There's virtually nothing relevant about this.
>>
>>33453381
My headcanon is that the first type represent the pokemon more than the second type

Like Gengar is more ghost type than poison
>>
>>33453411
Well Noivern is more flying than dragon, but that is because the dragon is a minor part of it.
>>
>>33453411
No, you're absolutely wrong. >>33453405 is correct. Compare Tornadus to Pidgeot for what constitutes Flying being central to the Pokemon. Tornadus' whole schtic is that it's wind incarnate -- not Normal at all. Pidgeot is merely a bird-like Pokemon who flies.

Sure, it doesn't matter from a game perspective as the mechanics are the same no matter the order, but it definitely matters from a lore/theming perspective.

>Geodude line, Onix - Rock/Ground
Living beings composed of rock who live underground
>Rhyhorn line - Ground/Rock
Creatures with an affinity for Ground-based attacks with rock-like armor plating
>>
>>33453381
It actually does based on design and concept. Being poisonous isn't as prominent/emphasized on Tentacool's design compared Mararine's.

Omega Ruby entry:
>Tentacool's body is largely composed of water. If it is removed from the sea, it dries up like parchment. If this Pokémon happens to become dehydrated, put it back into the sea.

The jellyfish mostly seen as typical aquatic creature with stinging capabilities. Which is why Water takes priority.

Mareanie in comparison has a hazardous-looking design at a glance, which is why Poison type takes priority.
>>
>>33453381
Primary type dictates design, with accents of the other type being part of the primary design
i.e. Tentacool is a jellyfish with poison sacs, Mareanie is a purple (usually associated with poison) thorned creature styalized after a crown-of-thorns starfish in its attack animation
>>
>>33453505
I'd argue the exact opposite but whatever.

>>33453507
Pidgeot is a bird Pokemon. That in itself says more about Flying than about "being Normal" like Raticate or Ursaring.

>lore/themeing
>made of rock lives in ground
In practical terms, both rocks and ground are pretty much the same.
>affinity for ground with rock body
So, just like the above? Nice going genious.
>>
>>33453489
It's the same. Pidgey line is of a normal type pokemon that can also fly. It' doesn't fly all the times. And as another one on the thread said the flying type can be considered an exception for it's backstory and the fact that basically there is just one line with flying as primary type.
>>
>>33453507
Exactly what i meant! Thanks!
>>
>>33453489
No goalposts were moved. In the same post where he described it as "another quirk," he also said:
>a water/poison is a water creature that happens to has poison abilities as well.
>poison abilities
Obviously he was including "abilities" under "quirks" from the beginning.
>>
>>33453522
>It' doesn't fly all the times.
It literally pretty much does that. So much that that's how it looks in battle.
>flying is an exception
Then why did they make it secondary to begin with? To me, it's all the same and makes no real difference whatsoever apart from whatever far fetched thematics you're all trying to hold on to.
>>
File: IMG_0388.jpg (16KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0388.jpg
16KB, 204x204px
>>33453430

>there are deep logic and lores behind all of the choices
>>
>>33453521
Flying type is related both to wind and to the concept of having wings because of it's backstory. Pidgeot is just a normal type that is able to fly.
>>
>>33453529
>happens to have
Learn to read. It's not the same to say "oh it just happens to have this thing" and to say "oh it definitely had this thing".
>>
Why isn't Drifloon Flying/Ghost? As a balloon, being part of the air is more core to what it is than a ghost.
>>
>>33453531
But it's freakin bird, it's not composed of wind and air or is the incarnation of the winds like Tornadus. It's a normal animal with the ability to fly.
>>
>>33453542
Does it really matter? Effectively, being Type 1/Type 2 or being Type 2/Type 1 is the same thing.
>>
>>33453546
>>33453536
And Goldeen is just a normal animal that lives under water. It's not composed of watery fluids like Manaphy.
>>
>>33453537
Was just an example. Let's put it like this: primary type = the essence of the pokemon. Secondary type = the second importan basic concept it has.
>>
>>33453430
Right, just like Noivern is a flying thing that happens to dragon and Sawsbuck is a normal deer that happens to grass at times.
>>
>>33453552
It is a sack of water fluids. This allows it to use techniques like Water Gun by shooting its outsides.
>>
>>33453537
I think you're reading too much into his choice of words. Certainly the difference in meaning is not so fine as to constitute "moving the goalposts."
>>
>>33453542
It doesn't have control over the winds, just like say Hoppip. Flying really isn't the best one for the autists in this thread to be bitching about since it's really more Wind type than just Flying
>>
>>33453507
In general I agree with you but Flying is just fucked since someone decided that it always had to be the secondary typing until gen V.
Take Swablu as a prime example, the most significant thing about it is the cloud like wings, and it is based on a giant bird who's wings were mistaken for clouds and body for the sky itself. It also evolves into a dragon. There is absolutely nothing Normal about Swablu and it just screams pure Flying.
>>
>>33453552
That's because water type is not "swimming" type.
>>
>>33453555
I disagree but whatever. Noivern is much more Wyvern than a wind/air based creature, but suit yourself.

>>33453558
Who's to say Pidgeot is not a sack of air too? Where are you getting this from? To me, Goldeen is just a fish. Should've been Normal/Water according to your own logic.
>>
>>33453564
Goldeen, or Seel for that matter, has as much to do with Water as Pidgeot has to do with air.
>>
>>33453566
No Goldeen is a water that waters
>>
>>33453566
Pidgeot is made of normal-type material. Bibarel is an example of a normal-type that is capable of water stuff.
>>
>>33453561
You're the autists trying to find meaning where there isn't one.
>it's j-just an e-exception to a rule
Then it's not really a rule, now is it ya dingus?
>>
>>33453556
Don't be stupid. Noivern is a flying creature that has dragon genetics and Sawsbuck is a normal deer that has strong conncetion with nature, changes it's mane with the seasons and has wooden made horns. It literally grows flowers and moss and leaves on it as well.
>>
>>33453573
How do you know this? Why is Goldeen made of Water but Pidgeot can't be made of air too?
>>
>>33453566
>Who's to say Pidgeot is not a sack of air too?
Does it have a move called Air Gun? Checkmate.
>>
>>33453552
>And Goldeen is just a normal animal that lives under water.
Pretty sure it's existence thrives on underwater. Unlike Pidgey, who is capable of non-airborne mobility.
>>
>>33453575
>Noivern is a flying creature that has dragon genetics
Exactly like Dragonite and Salamence, then.
>>
>>33453583
>And Pidgeot is just a normal animal that lives flying.
Pretty sure it's existence thrives on air. Unlike Seel, who is capable of non-waterborne mobility.
>>
>>33453574
>the ability to create literal hurricanes is somehow more tied to being able to fly rather than use wind elemental powers
>>
>>33453577
Because it can't live outside of water without external help, while Pidgeot is okay to be landed for long duration.
>>
>>33453578
It has a move called Hurricane and a whole Mega built around that move.
>>
>>33453585
Noivern isn't purely a reptile though.
>>
>>33453568
I'm not trying to explain. I just answered the OP's question. Type order matters in terms of lore, just that. GF choose not to add normal type to everything but you can find the logic anyway: being a water type means the pokemon is able to use and control water in general. Flying type is a pretty different thing. Remember the backstory of the flying type and the fact that an ancient proto type called "bird" type existed at the beginning with the same quirks of the normal one.
>>
>>33453593
I just noticed I replyied to the wrong post.

>>33453595
Actually it does live outside of water in every battle it has, but whatever, fine, take Seel or Krabby then.
>>
>>33453461
>>33453453
FUCK OFF RICHARD
>>
>>33453598
Neither is Dratini.
>>
>>33453574
What? If there's an exception there MUST be a rule. That's why the expression "The exception proves the rule" exists, ya dingus.
>>
>>33453585
Not the same because Dragonite and Salamence are Dragon creatures that inherited the ability to fly due the wings (and don't start compelling how small Dragonite's wings are, GF decided that despite the look, those wings are able to make it fly). Noivern instead started primarly as a flying creature only with dragonic DNA (like its was stated in the dex entry for Kingdra).
>>
>>33453575
Okay I'm done with the shitposting but I have an actual question now.Does this mean Noivern has a stronger connection to the sky than say Pidgeot or do they share an equal importance in flying?
>>
>>33453611
>If there's an exception there MUST be a rule.
Except this isn't "just an exception" but pretty much the core argument. Flying is as much of a typing as Water, yet you autists claim all Water mons are more "watery" than anything else, including bird being Flying beings.

>>33453600
It really doesn't seem to matter at all. In practical terms, it's all the same.
>>
>>33453596
But is it expelling the wind from its insides or just stirring up shit with its wings?
>>
>>33453556
Noivern can't be primarily dragon because wyverns are not dragons. But wyverns are dragon-like hence dragon being secondary
>>
>>33453616
>Noivern instead started primarly as a flying creature only with dragonic DNA
What the fuck does this even mean? Having Dragon DNA MEANS you're a Dragon as much as Dragonite, which also has Dragon DNA. Changing the word order doesn't change that fact. And also, where is the dex entry for this. Stop making stupid claims people.
>>
>>33453617
It doesn't. Instead Noivern is less dragon than Pidgeot is normal.
>>
>>33453623
>Noivern can't be primarily dragon because wyverns are not dragons.
But birds (Altaria) are. Nice going.
>>
>>33453610
>Literally a serpent
Explain
>>
>>33453521
>bird Pokmon
>says more about Flying than about "being Normal" like Raticate or Ursaring.
Psyduck/Golduck, Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken, Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon, Decidueye
>In practical terms, both rocks and ground are pretty much the same
Obviously not in Pokemon lore, you fucking moron
>affinity for ground with rock body
Nope, affinity for Ground with rock-like plating. Your own fault for misinterpreting.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>33453644
All I see is a weird cartoony eel.
>>
File: autism.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>This entire thread.
>This entire board.
>>
Are all you forgetting Noibat exists and is literally the only reason Noivern is Flying/Dragon and not the other way around?
>>
>>33453646
>Nope, affinity for Ground with rock-like plating. Your own fault for misinterpreting.
Affinity for something matters more than how your body is literally made of? And I'm misinterpreting? Nice going doofus.
>>
From a gameplay perspective, would type order matter. Like, what would happen if a Grass / Water Pokemon were hit with a Fire-type attack, as opposed to a Water / Grass Pokemon?
>>
>>33453653
What makes Noibat particularly Flying?
Zubat does the "echolocation" thing
>>
>>33453617
I never said the connection is stronger for the primary type ones rather the secondary type ones. I just said the primary type is the essence of the pokemon itself and the second one is another essence, but is secondary as the name suggests. Pidgey line is about a bird pokemon (that's normal type) with the ability to fly. Noivern is a fierce flying creature with some dragonic DNA. Why do you insist on the Pidgeot line and not on the omnipresent "first routes" bird pokemon that share the same type combinations as well? Just because Pidgeot is able to summun hurricanes? That's because it has strong wings, therefore it's secondary flying type.
>>
>>33453640
Palkia is a water that dragons
Hydriegon is a dark that also dragons
>>
>>33453620
Idk I guess. It doesn't really stir up anything from its insides at all, I guess it shouldn't really have a primary typing at all.
>>
>>33453660
Same effect. In Gen 1 the readout over type effectiveness would change, but not the damage.
>>
>>33453666
Makes sense, satan.

>>33453660
It doesn't make any difference at all.
>>
>>33453670
>>33453678

Thanks based anons.
>>
>>33453632
No, because it's the Kingdra case all over again. Horsea and Seadra are just water type but in gen 2 a new evolution occured and in a dex entry (i'll search for it) it's stated that Seadra evolved in Kingdra because due the dragonscale it was able to unlock the latent dragonic DNA.
>>
>>33453656
It's literally just you arguing ya sperg.

Look at Rhyhorn. It looks like a rhino-based creature. It's plating, which makes up a small part of its body, is rock-like. Now look at Geodude, which is literally a living bolder.

Here's your (You), pal.
>>
File: 39439873.png (334KB, 640x840px) Image search: [Google]
39439873.png
334KB, 640x840px
>>33453617
Because Noivern is cuter and gets special privileges.
>>
I view it as Noivern's sound-based abilities coming through via the waves it creates in the air -- ergo, Flying. That's why sound will never get its own type, as either Normal or Flying work as a fill-in (depending on the creature itself).
>>
>>33453690
Sorry, wasn't a dex entry but it was stated in the gen 2 games. Reasearcher found out a particular DNA gene in Seadra, absent in horsea, that can trigger the evolution to Kingdra (therefore the dragon type as secondary one).
>>
>>33453666
Palkia is like the best example. It is a dimensional dragon god that rules over space yet it is primary Water, despite its only connection being the pearls on its shoulders.
>>
>>33453745
Palkia is primary Water because it's the incarnation of space and because it rapresents the fluid state of matter
>>
>>33453693
>a small part of its body vs the whole body
You're not explaining why it's Ground type in the first place. Affinity just means it likes ground, just like Geodude. And it's body, just like Geodude, has Rock parts, like you said.
Your turn.

>>33453690
...What does this have anything to do with Noivern?
>>
>>33453468
It did in gen 1 I think. STAB drawn from the primary type and weakness from the secondary. But don't quote me on that.
>>
>>33453817
No this is absolutely wrong. STAB was drawn from both types, and weakness from both as well. There was simply a bug where the message after the move said it "was very effective/not very effective" depending on the first type, even if the second type gave it a neutrality. E.g. Gyarados being hit by Razor Leaf took real neutral damage but the messaging bug said "It's super effective".
>>
>>33453761
Palkia's main thing is distorting space by creating portals or rifts, in space. That has nothing to do with water.
It representing the fluid state is such a small detail about it that has no business being its prime typing. Hell, the idea that they represent the states of matter is almost a fan theory by how weak it is.
>>
>>33453664
>i never said one is stronger than the other, just that one is the essence and the other is just secondary
Are you fucking dumb? Serious question. This legit sounds like you have a two digit IQ.
>>
>>33453853
no, the states of matter thing is the only way that legendary trio typing makes any sense at all.
>>
>>33453854
>This legit sounds like you have a two digit IQ.
An IQ of 99 is only one point below the median, anon. Be more specific.
>>
>>33453915
One point below average, then.
>>
>>33453761
>>33453853
>fluid state
*liquid state
>>
>>33453853
I hope they seriously explain this in way better terms in the inevitable remakes.
>>
>>33453885
>having to come up with a theory for the typings which isn't even hinted at by the pokémon themselves
>still saying "deep thought went into the meaning and lore behind pokémon's types'"
Come the fuck on anon. You're essentially saying you have to fill in the gaps because some types make no sense with what the games give you.
>>
>>33453932
Exactly. Thank you.
>>
>this thread
I was wondering when we'd get to this topic

and it's playing out EXACTLY as I thought it would
>>
>>33453812
>choosing not to accept the explanation given
>>
>>33453690
Great. Now explain to me why despite the Pokedex saying that Magikarp has Dragon DNA that it, Gyarados, and especially Mega Gyarados aren't Dragon type.

If any of you scholars can give me one ONE good reason why Mega Gyarados isn't a Dragon. I'll never question /vp/ again, and don't pull the whole "it's dark cause it's vicious" BS. If that's the case then regular Gyarados should have been retconned into a Water/Dark in Gen II.
>>
>>33454027
What explanation? I asked about Noivern, got nothing about it. I asked about Rhyhorn, got partial deflective answers. Give me real arguments, people.
>>
>>33454034
Because it lost its dragon-typing as punishment from the gods for its rampaging.
>>
>>33454034
Because having a Pokemon capable of being a Dragon before the second gym would totally break the game.
>>
>>33454042
It's Pokemon, anon, everything can be hand waved off as "that's what Gamefreak decided." You're looking into this way too seriously.

I've seen people offer you explanations that aren't good enough, so just accept the fact that other people have their own headcanon which you don't buy.
>>
>>33454034
>despite the Pokedex saying that Magikarp has Dragon DNA
Where is this entry?
>>
>>33453473
Make a new thread for this
>>
>>33454060
I'm absolutely fine with no explanations, that's my argument. There is no real reason for anything.
I just want to show it to these people.
>>
IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD WE LIVE IN
>>
>>33454034
The real issue with Gyarados is the fact it's STILL Water/Flying. What I want to know is why Flying? Why not pure water? Or why not make it Water/Dark in Gen ll like in the post above.
>>
>>33454079
Cause it summons Hurricanes, anon.
>>
>>33454079
Secondary types have never been retconned. Except for the Togepi line, but they changed from Normal.
>>
File: 4aa8ZBY_d.jpg (68KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
4aa8ZBY_d.jpg
68KB, 640x461px
I always assumed it had to do with "visibly noticable type" and "secondary". There are a few exceptions but in that case I see it as "strongest" type first. I'm sure Hydrigon is better at using dark moves than dragon moves.

For example with this pic, Mermaid A would be Normal/Water, while Mermaid B would be Water/Normal
>>
>>33454042
The Geodude line and Rhyhorn line have connections to/an affinity for the ground. Geodude line lives in the ground, Rhyhorn line develops drill horns to drill through the ground.

Look at one, look at the other -- the Geodude line is clearly more rock-like. Also, looking at Pokedex entries, the plating on Rhyhorn doesn't cover its whole body, and it might not even be rock -- just a very tough, rock-like material.

Ergo, both lines have an affinity for Ground and Rock types. The Geodude line is composed mostly of rocks, while the Rhydon line has a rocky, tough hide exterior -- they aren't living rocks. That's the main difference.
>>
>>33454103
Or via mega/alolan, but that's almost like a new Pokemon.
>>
>>33454094
So can Whimsicott and Volcarona. Dark is still a more fitting type when you consider the reasons for WHY it's causing the hurricanes. On top of that. It's dex entries also make not of how burns down villages and such. Why not fire type? It learns far more Dark and Fire type moves than flying.
>>
>>33454113
Top half human, of course. You get tits, ass, and blowjobs. And don't have to look at a fish.
>>
>>33453468
What if the primary type gave more weight to weaknesses/resistances and STAB?

Like primary type gives calculations like they current do, but the secondary type instead has its weaknesses have a 1.5 multiplier, resistances have a .75 multiplier, and STAB have a 1.25 multiplier.

How does this change the meta?
>>
>>33454118
Those don't count because they are either functionally new Pokemon in every way but name, or a temporary form change.
>>
>>33454113
Fish are boring.
>>
>>33454130
Top half clearly doesn't have an ass.
>>
>>33454117
You're still not explaining why Rhyhorn is a primary Ground type to begin with. Your whole argument is based on the fact that Rhyhorn is something else besides Rock - well, what is it then?

>>33454122
It learns like two attacking Dark moves, lets not get ahead of ourselves. And the third Fire move it learns is Incinerate - hardly anything relevant.
>>
>>33454153
Not a human one, but her body can very clearly bend there, and she has wide hips like a human.
>>
>>33454166
Where would you stick it tho?
>>
>>33453853
Space in many philosphies have been represented by the vast, large ocean. I mean there's reason travels in space have been represented with the word "voyage" which also means travel by water/sea. Or where the naut in "austronaut" came from. There's even a big ass tvtropes page about this.
>>
>>33454176
>philosphies
You mean religions.
>>
>>33454170
cloaca.
>>
>>33454170
Don't need to.
>>
>>33454187
Disgusting. Fucking zoophiles get outta here. Only thing I'd ask that bitch would be a blowjob and a tit grope and it'd be stretching it if the bitch didn't know any English.
>>
>>33454196
Why would you mention the ass part then?
>>
>>33453473
that would be a cool change but a mess when trying to learn the game.
>>
>>33454208
Because I think clothed asses are nice to look at.
>>
>>33454157
Why are Nidoqueen/king Ground types? Why is the Bulbasaur line Poison?
>>
>>33454213
Bulbasaur learns tons of Poison moves and has tons of stuff relating it to Poison, like how Venusaur's flower is poisonous and how it secretes stuff or whatever.
As to the Nidos, however, beats me. Probably the same reason all them Kaiju looking mons in Gen 1 were Ground type.
>>
>>33454212
It's a bunch of fish scales anon, it looks and smells gross.
>>
>>33454213
Nidoking and Nidoqueen kinda looks like Rhydon, which is also ground type. So the reason Rhydon is ground type is also the reason the Nidos are ground types also.
>>
File: 1460453514636.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1460453514636.gif
919KB, 170x196px
>>33454113
>tfw no cute mermaid gf
>>
Primary type is important for certain moves, like Revelation Dance, whose type is based on the primary type.
>>
>>33454130
>not picking B

Just impregnate the human bottom, get a few girls or boys if you're into that, and wait a few years.
Sure it might suck a bit the meanwhile but in the end you have a 100% human loli/shota harem.
>>
>>33454176
Palkia doesn't represent outer space, it represents three dimensional space in general.
>>
>>33454341
Three dimensional space in general is just the mathematic description of space, whether outer or here on Earth. It's still related to space anyway, we clearly see on the D/P/Pt/HG/SS animations a bunch of references to stars and galaxies. The evil team's name is also Team Galactic.
>>
>>33454352
It is as much related to outer space as Dialga.
>>
>>33454337
>Sure it might suck a bit the meanwhile but in the end you have a 100% human loli/shota harem.
>100% human
And why would I want that?
>>
>>33453853
I figured it distorted space with the water molecules in the air. Then again, outer space doesn't have water molecules.
Yeah, I don't get it.
>>
>>33454363
I suppose. I'm not the initial anon making the argument, I don't get Palkia and Dialga's typings at all.
>>
>>33453745
>despite its only connection being the pearls on its shoulders.

I thought it was because in quantym mechanics, every particle can be described as a wave. And wave = water.
>>
>>33454386
Palkia is about space, not matter. Particles have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>33453563
But its wings are not actually clouds, they're a cotton-like substance.

And Altaria is a dragon that clouds, not a cloud that dragons
>>
Can somebody explain Noivern and Marshadow? Noivern is definitely a dragon first and foremost, with is ability to fly coming second. And Marshadow's lore and level up movepool makes it seem like it's a ghost that only learned martial arts from copying other.

Or hell, Klefki. Since it's a fairy at its core, but what makes it unique from others is its affinity for keys.
>>
>>33454408
>not actually clouds, they're a cotton-like substance
Same thing.
>>
>>33453461
>>33453453
FUCK OFF RICHARD
>>
>>33454408
They're usually called "like cottony clouds", the point is still that there is nothing Normal about it and the wings representing clouds is by far the most important aspect of it.

Don't even bring up Altaria, particularly Mega Altaria rustles my jimmies, the cloud like appendages are the most important aspect of it yet they made it Dragon/Fairy, both types only vaguely represented in its design and description, just so it got a unique typing
>>
>>33454450
Noivern is a bird that dragons, not a dragon that birds.
>>
>>33454368
It's dimensional space not outer space
>>
>>33454450
It "copies" movements because it's a shadow.
Klefki is also very obviously part metal (specifically, part key).
>>
>>33453381
Guys the shit is very simple:

>Primary type: the pokemon can learn all the moves from this type from TM/HM or move tutor.

>Secondary type: just the other pokemon's type

the end.

All the birds are Normal / Flying, because not all the birds can Fly.
>>
>>33454472
Of course Klefki is part metal, but at the core of its design all of its lore come from faerie tales.

And I'm also not seeing how that Marshadow one disagrees with what I'm saying. It's still a shadow and copies people first and foremost, but it learned martial arts from doing that.
>>
>>33454546
>Primary type: the pokemon can learn all the moves from this type from TM/HM or move tuto
This is blatantly false.
>>
>>33454546
Gible can't learn Spacial Rend
>>
>>33454560
The core of its design is keys. Stop over complicating it.
There's nothing about Marshadow that says it "learned" from copying. It copies because it's a shadow. It's a fighter because it copies movements. No where is it implied that's how it "learned".
>>
>>33454571
But it copies because it's a shadow. So the shadow part still comes first. Also
>over-complicating
>when it's literally a fairy
???
>>
>>33454546
This is wrong by your own example: most bird Pokemon can't learn most Normal type moves (even basic ones like Hyper Voice). And if not all birds can Fly, then not all of them are Normal/Flying (which is a fact contrary to what you said).
>>
>>33454571
Klefki' design comes from the fact that it steals keys, which comes from fairy tales. If anything Fairy/Steel fits better because the whole key thing comes FROM the fact that it's a fairy.
>>
>>33454579
Which one comes first is absolutely irrelevant. You asked about Klefki, you got your dumb answer. I don't see where you're getting at.
>>
>>33454599
>Which one comes first is absolutely irrelevant
You sure you're in the right thread man? That's the entire point of this thread.
>>
File: 1428454084526.png (258KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428454084526.png
258KB, 500x500px
>>33453381
It's completely fucking arbitrary. The only thing that "matters" about it is that mega forms must keep the mon's primary type.
>>
>>33454621
If it is completely arbitrary then there is nothing stopping them from changing a mon's primary typing upon mega evolution in the future.
>>
>>33454613
I think the order of typing is irrelevant, but even then it sort of makes sense:
>Klefi is a key first, with the fairy lore second
>Marshadow is a fighter first, that can transform into a shadow and copy opponents second (where the signature move comes from)
Or you can read this vice versa and realize it's actually completely irrelevant.

>>33454640
It's a move tutor move. Tons of Pokemon learn it, but not Pidgeot or Fearow.
>>
>>33453507
>pidgeot is merely a bird-like pokemon who flies
>flying is not central to it

i want to see you explain noibat and noivern. they aren't wind incarnate either but are flying first dragon second.
>>
>>33453405
So that means Noctowls have more to do with normalness than their ability to fly.
Now we're finally getting somewhere...
>>
>>33454599
>thread about why the primary typing and typing order matters
:discussion in this thread has been entirely about this specific topic
>"Durr which one comes first is irrelevant! What are you even getting at???"
Good god you're retarded.
>>
>>33454665
The question sounded more like "why does this Pokemon have this typing" than "why is this the order". My bad.
>>
>>33454657
I can see Klefki, but Marshadow really is just made out of shadows, and also happens to have the ability to punch things. I brought up it, Klefki, and Noivern to basically use OP's logic to explain WHY typing order is irrelevant.
>>
>>33454677
See >>33454672
I totally misread your post, sorry.
>>
>>33454682
It's cool, man.
>>
What is Drampa?
>>
File: 1475105338337.png (126KB, 195x622px) Image search: [Google]
1475105338337.png
126KB, 195x622px
>>33454661
>normal bat somehow considered a dragon before actually turning into a wyvern
*laughs* I don't really know
>>
>>33454636
There's nothing stopping them from doing anything. But megas keeping their primary type is an observable, consistent rule that they follow. Whereas type order has no consistent pattern, reasoning or relevance outside the mega type rule.
>>
>>33454703
The other normal bats all have Flying as a secondary type. Your headcanon does not fit.
>>
>>33454700
A normal grandpa that dragons.
>>
>>33454714
>Your
>implying I'm OP
excuse me I'm just making fun of masuda's "logic"
>>
>>33454706
A pattern is not a rule. A pattern merely says what has happened and you can base future predictions upon it, but a rule states how it shall be.
>>
>>33454725
Sorry, couldn't detect your sarcasm here.
>>
>>33453499
This, secondary type is a way to tell that the Pokémon got some specialization.
>>
You could argue that Pidgeot is normal in the sense that it represents a normal animal: a bird, in the same way that ratata represents a normal rat, and miltank represents a normal cow.
Other Pokemon are often more "unrealistic", like that flying metal bird (forgot its name) is not normal at all.
So in this case Pidgeot is normal/fly because it's a normal animal, and it flies.
>>
>>33454789
>>33454840
Explain Noivern then.
>>
>>33454700
a luck dragon
>>
>>33455073
Noivern is a flying creature that has some dragon-like characteristics. If it was able to have 3 types, it would be Normal/Flying/Dragon. It's not primarily a dragon like Salamence is.
>>
>>33455130
What does being "primarily" a dragon mean? It's a Dragon, period. All Flying types are secondarily Flying except the single one that doesn't have another type.
>>
>>33454738
A pattern is incidental, a rule is deliberate. By that logic the game has no rules because everything is arbitrated by Gamefreak, and they can break their own rules anytime. But the fact remains that megas have changed, added and even removed secondary types, but kept primary type even if it would be beneficial to change it. It's a rule that they have followed so far. Type order on the other hand has absolutely no such rules or patterns, it's irrelevant.
>>
File: mawile.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
mawile.png
46KB, 250x250px
Is Mawile a fairy that has steel or steel in the shape of a fairy?
>>
>>33455139
And Noivern.

It's not a wind elemental, it's an animal that flies. Just like bird mons. There is no pattern to it. Cease this autism at once.
>>
>>33455139
No, not at all dragon types are actual dragons. For example A-Execuggor, M-Ampharos, M-Sceptile.

In this case Noivern is closer to a bat than a dragon. He is the sound pokemon, and sound = normal in Pokemon. Since gameplay limits him to only 2 types, it's more fun to make him a flying/dragon instead of normal/dragon with levitate.
>>
>>33455208
steel on the outside, fairy in the inside
>>33453617
it's a cloud that dragons, simple as that
>>
>>33453405
fpbp
>>
>>33453617
No, it just means that Noivern has a stronger connection to flying than it does to being a dragon.
>>
It might have to do with egg groups/breeding too. Anorith is a water/bug not bug/water, and it is in the water egg group primairly and can't breed with other bugs. Or maybe not
>>
>>33455073
When sound type becomes a thing it'll replace its flying type
>>
>>33455277
No.

>>33455223
That's my point.

>>33455247
Other bat mons are secondarily, not primarily Flying.
>>
>>33453381

>Does type order matter?
No.

>Why is one a Poison/Water and the other is Water/Poison?

Game Freak thought a dual-typed Pokemon had more in common with one type than another.
>>
>>33456289
You're contradicting yourself.
What OP is asking is if the type order means that the pokémon has a stronger affinity towards the first type, not if it matter mechanically.
>>
>>33456313
But it doesn't matter. You could just as easily reverse the affinity argument for Mareanie and Tentacool. Nothing would change thematically.
>>
>>33453453
>>33453461
That doesn't help explain why it was chosen, silly. He was asking why; you said it was important because it is. I think it's because of the type prominence, but both of those dex entries mention Poison first and foremost.
>>
>>33453505
Noivern is a dragon that flies, not a flier that dragons
>>
>>33455333
But their main focus isn't sound.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ you faggots will argue about anything
>>
File: image.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>33458342
>>
>>33453608
>>33454460
RODOLFO WATTERSON?
>>
>>33454211
>Primary type stronger positively and negatively
>Secondary type weaker positively and negatively
That's all there would be to it.
>>
>>33457148
Nope, it's a sounder that dragons but since sound is a stupid idea for a type it gets flying
>>
My take is, Geodude is basically rock which has gravel-like protrusions which are the Ground type. Conversely, Rhyhorn is a ground dwelling animal with a rock-like exterior i.e armour.

Similarly, Noiven is a bat, i.e Flying type, with draconic elements i.e elongated body and tail, whereas Dragonite is a dragon which has grown wings to adapt to flying. Don't ask me about Altaria though.

tl;dr secondary types are quite literally a secondary element of the design basis
>>
File: 1437681030634.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437681030634.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>33453381
Tenticool couldn't live in land(outside of shenanigans)
Mareanie could.
>>
File: file.png (922KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
922KB, 900x1000px
>>33453646
>Decidueye
Owls aren't birds though.
>>
>>33464727
the moon is clouds
>>
>>33453556
>>33453566
>>33453575
>>33453623

Yeah, about Noivern. I've had this theory ever since XY came out that explains why the Noivern line is primary Flying instead of Dragon. My evidence may not be very strong but anyway, have you ever noticed that in the TCG, Noibat cards are always Colorless while Noivern's are always Dragon? Also, Noibat doesn't learn any Dragon-type move through level-up, only Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse through move tutors. But when it evolves, Dragon Pulse is available in Noivern's natural learnset.
What I mean with all this is I believe Noibat was meant to be a pure Flying-type, and by evolving into Noivern, it would gain the Dragon-type as a secondary type, which is what usually happens when a single-type mon evolves into a dual-type.
>>
>>33454703
At first look, I thought that shirt had the print of a tire tread on it.
>>
>>33453717
This
>>
File: GMK_Baragon.jpg (181KB, 760x497px) Image search: [Google]
GMK_Baragon.jpg
181KB, 760x497px
>>33454213
>>33454276
>Baragon was featured in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, where he was the guardian monster of the element of earth.
>>
>>33466869
That is one of the few legitimately good Godzilla movies.
Not good because of nostalgia. Not so bad it's good. Not good for fanboys only.
It's just a legitimately well made movie.
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.