[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you nickname your pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Gen_3_Pokemon.jpg (365KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
Gen_3_Pokemon.jpg
365KB, 900x650px
I try to, but I suck at coming up with any names that aren't just "lol celebrity"
>>
>>33448933
I always name my mons after pets, friends and family members i've lost.
>>
>>33448933
I only name HM slaves after their moves.
>>
I usually do, but I'll name everything when I'm doing a Nuzlocke. My mons usually named after really cringey jokes, but every now and then I can think of a clever name.
>>
Just go full on weeb. Go type something related to the pokemon in Google translate and get the Japanese word.
>>
I name my in-game teams, but if I don't think I'm going to use a Pokemon, at least for very long, I don't name it. I used to name all of my Pokemon, but when I started my living dex I stripped everything in it of their nicknames. Any nicknamed Pokemon from a previous gen or different save file just got re-bred and replaced.

Team members still get to keep their names, and I raise a separate one for the living dex.
>>
I usually name them something cool relating to their abilities, like Slasher if it;s a scyther or Fireball the quilava
>>
I try to name them all. If I cant think of one, I just leave it default until inspiration strikes. Some of my favorite nicknames include Runt (Emboar. Admittedly, not too original), Yzma (Noivern. I thought Noivern's color scheme reminded me of Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove, which I had on as background noise while playing), and Papou (Alolan Exeggutor. After the fruit tree from Kingdom Hearts)
>>
>>33448933
I used to but stopped when i realised my name giving ability goes either the weeb route or i end up naming them something like Bolt, Sparky, Blaze, Hydro, Lazer, Shadow, Poizon etc.
>>
I don't nickname anything
>>
File: 1490704485767.jpg (202KB, 1280x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1490704485767.jpg
202KB, 1280x1010px
No nicknames. All in uniform standard Pokeballs with very few exceptions.
No Pokérus.

Yeah, I'm weird.
>>
I remember one time when I played Omega Ruby that I was so mad upon fighting Deoxys due to how hard it was for me to catch him that I named him "DNAnus"
>>
>>33448933
I usually dont name them but whenever i pick up a tyranitar i name it "Gideon", idk why
>>
>>33448933
I name pokemon who are on my team / have good designs (meaning that I'll try to train it up to level 50 during the postgame). Usually I like to use names from antiquity, like Lucius, Dikaiopolis, Hamilcar, etc., though I tend to use more roman names than punic or greek.
>>
I just name my pokemon whatever I think sounds good, or if it relates to something.
For instance, I'm playing HeartGold right now, and my team is like this:
Cinder the Quilava, because I am so fucking original
Blake the Flaafy, because my friend loves them and that is his middle name
Duma the Dratini, after a fire emblem boss
Erin the Sandshrew, because I just like that name
Slate the Geodude, because I'm still really fucking original
And finally, Kjelle the Crobat, after a fire emblem character that really has nothing to do with speed or bat things.
>>
I try to give them semi edgy witty names.

My Rattata is named Shlomo, my Pikachu is named Sonichu and my Mankey is named Tyrone to name a few.
>>
>be 9
>playing ruby
>catch a duskull and named it aids
>a couple of years lately diamond and pearl comes out
>my brother finishes the main game and wants to transfer some Pokémon
>I give him Pokémon ruby
>he transfer aids

And that the story of how I gave my brother aids
>>
>>33448933
Only on main team
>>
>>33448933
I nickname all my pokemon except for legendaries. Sometimes I double on names, I dont know why I just like doing it. They can have no meaning at all and come outta no where. I was on the phone with a friend when I caught a psyduck in moon and asked him what to name it, he didn't know what a psyduck was but he said Dewboost so Dewboost it was
>>
>>33448933
I nickname only the ones I use, either ingame or bred. I usually Google nature names relevant to their typing or anything like that. Like I named my Ampharos Terrell because it has to do with thunder and shit
>English Meaning:
>The name Terrell is anEnglish baby name. In English the meaning of the name Terrell is:Thunder Ruler
Still don't know how viable this shit is, but I think it's neat. Other times I'll just use a regular human name that sounds cute
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.