[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: redb.jpg (44KB, 670x549px) Image search: [Google]
redb.jpg
44KB, 670x549px
>Pokemon Generations
>Trailer claims it's based on the video games stories.
>Red has Bulbasaur in Episode 1
>Blue has Blastoise in Episode 3

What did they do?
>>
>>33448652
They're based on the video games.
That doesn't mean they don't take liberties, because they definitely did.
Anyone saying anything from Generations is "canon" as far as the games are concerned deserves to be hit in the head with a spade.
>>
>>33448652
>what is multiverse
>>
>>33448724

Generations is currently the closest thing to canon though. They even made the protagonists mute like in the games.
>>
>>33448800
"Closest thing to canon" is irrelevant, either it is or it isn't canon.
I don't understand this boards fixation on finding canon answers to things left up to the player in the games. It does nothing but undermine the games.
>>
Generations is literally canon in the games multiverse. End of the story.
>>
>>33448652
There is an option in games called "New game".
>>
>>33448726

There's normal verse and mega verse, and mega evolution didn't appear in Generation so it's based on the normal universe and the first 3 episodes fucked up the starter pick system with Blue having Blastoise.
>>
>>33448909

So if the battery died, the video will get deleted from Youtube as well?
>>
>>33448936
The battery from Youtube?
>>
>>33448724
>Anyone saying anything from Generations is "canon" as far as the games are concerned deserves to be hit in the head with a spade.
This. That shit's literally "Didn't Happen Like That In The Games: The Shorts", so taking it as a factual source is beyond foolish.
>>
>>33448943

The battery of Red's adventure
>>
>>33448955
Where's it?
>>
>>33448966

Where's the "New Game" option?
>>
>>33448975
Somewhere between Episode 1 and 3.
And I still don't know what battery you are talking about.
If you already made a video and posted on Youtube, how the battery will be relevant to the video?
>>
The very first episode is the series' equivalent to an OP. It isn't one of the traditional episodes showcasing events from the games, it represents the player/viewer's personal journey through these games, which is why "Red" goes through every region in the series. The short is mostly following Pikachu anyway, because Pikachu is the mascot.

You'll notice when the save is loaded at the start of this one, the player's name isn't Red. It's Trainer, because he's just supposed to be a generic player avatar, separate from the slightly-more-of-a-character role Red has taken on. That's also why he's faceless.
>>
>>33449022

I was just trying to point out that bringing a game mechanic such as "new game" to the game canon storyline or anime doesn't make sense.
>>
>>33449132
>canon storyline
There's your problem. You canonfags are literally retarded.
>>
>>33448926
Giving Blue Blastoise has been the trend since Game Freak realized that Charizard is extremely popular and marketable.
>>
>>33449149

I don't understand why people like you go buttmad whenever you read the word "canon".

does it hurt your soul or anus that bad or you want everybody to think like you?
>>
>>33448882
No. It's non-canon
>>
>>33449158

By that, then wouldn't it be make more sense if they gave Red Charmander in this case as well?
>>
>>33449172
>canon
Discuss canon timelines in Pokemon games is useless. There is no canon timeline, stop trying to find one.
>does it hurt your soul or anus that bad
Oh, so you're an underage. Ok.
>>
>>33449199
>You canonfags are literally retarded.

>You canonfags are literally retarded.

>consider himself not an underage.
>>
>>33449219
I just consider this not a good reply, like every post you made.
>>
>>33449022
The older games used batteries in the cartridge to handle save games and time-based events. Once those batteries run out of power, your save game is erased and you can no longer save another one, having to start over from the beginning every time you turn the game off. Anon is saying that if the hypothetical "battery" that's saving Red's adventure dies, is the video deleted from youtube because the "saved game" is erased?
>>
>>33449191
Red does have Charmander.
>>
>>33449026
This, the first ep is meant to represent all trainers from old to new. That's why they pandered pikachu fighting and going to every new region but the main character stays the same.

That's us, despite that most of us are in our 20's and 30's, we still play these games as if we were that wide eyed 10 yr old. The first ep was supposed to represent a nostalgia feels trip
>>
File: 1467313640227.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1467313640227.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>33448800
>Generations is currently the closest thing to canon
>>
The "canon" is that Red and Blue have whichever starters any given source feels like giving them, even if it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>33449279

Not in Generations, didn't you see the picture above?
>>
>>33449272
I understood this, but he failed in his analogy, since the video was already uploaded on Youtube.
It was joke about Youtube having a battery as well.
>>
>>33449310
Did you even watch the episode? The player's name is "Trainer". Red didn't adventure through all the regions shown in the short. Read >>33449026
>>
File: silencepg.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
silencepg.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>33448800
>closest thing to canon though
>>
>>33449310
Wasn't there an episode where he used mega-charizard to capture Mew-two?
>>
>>33450522
That's Origins.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.