[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was gen 6 so mediocre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1403391405366.jpg (16KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1403391405366.jpg
16KB, 300x317px
why was gen 6 so mediocre?
>>
>>33447694
Why are mario games so mediocre?
>>
>>33447694
because there was no z to fix xy's flaws
>>
>>33447694
>Battle Frontier Project has started!
>>
>>33447694
3 things
>The switch from 2D to 3D meant that they had to waste a lot of time doing models for all of the 700+ pokemon.
>There was no third version of XY to fix and bring extra post game content, just like all of the other third version usually do
>Masuda's stupid idea of ''In this day and age, people have a lot of other things that they may want to do, so i made the game really easy and i skipped a lot of post game activities because i have no faith in the game keeping people engage''
>>
>No Z to fix XY
>Shit remakes with no postgame
>>
>>33447694
>xy's story is ridiculously bad
>pacing issues throughout the game
>easy as fuck
>little postgame
>oras is also easy as fuck and lacked postgame and features from emerald
>>
>>33447804
100% agree with you. I was also disappointed by the lack of a difficult selection from BW2.
Seriously, the story and characters definitively left a big freaking question mark. There was definitively more to explore about story and characters. Too bad there was no Z/X2Y2, leaving Gen 6 a big fucking incomplete mess.
>>
>Horribly bad pacing
>3D Models were shit
>Easy, even for a game made for kids.
>No postgame and minimal reason to play after story
>Forgets they're on 240p limitations, making most cutscenes look like shit esp. when zoomed in
>Mega evolutions were just stat boosts and occasionally changed abilities
>Wi-Fi functionality was improved but was still very behind the curve (but that's just Nintendo)
>Poorly optimized, even the new 3DS with better hardware dropped frames in double battles
>>
X/Y? No post-game content. That was their only real issue besides some bad characters, otherwise they're better than people give them credit for.

OR/AS? Everything. Absolutely everything about OR/AS was mediocre.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.