[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Game Freak developers Genwunners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Are Game Freak developers Genwunners?
>>
>>33446011
Just because they added that doesn't mean they're Genwunners.
>>
>>33446011
With any series, there is always something "iconic" that they can use for easy references. Even games that aren't as obvious when it comes to Gen I references has a few sprinkled in, just hidden better.
That said, I think the more excessive references to older gens come from Game Freak/TPC's obsession with the past rather than trying to pander to an audience that won't care anyway.
>>
>>33446011
The Battle Legend Theme of Red and Blue sounds very Kalos-like, I think they were actally planned or X Y, just like Mewtwo and the Birds and this woman is leftovers of that
>>
>>33446011

It's possible, It seem.
>>
>>33446017
>Gen 5
>almost half of the 156 new Pokémon are based on previous Pokémon, specially on Gen 1 Pokemon (Roggenrola line and Geodude line, Woobat line and Zubat line, Audino and Chansey, Timburr line and Machop lines, Throh/Sawk and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, Cottonee/Petilil lines and Oddish/Bellsprout (they are even version exclusives), Trubbish line and Grimer line, Gothita/Solosis lines and Abra line, Bouffalant and Tauros) only to mention some

>Gen 6
>Vaniville Town to Route 22 feels like Kanto: Santalune Forest has the same layout as Viridian Forest, first city with Gym has a route that connects to the Region's League and both are Route 22
>first encounter is always a Pidgey
>when Team Flare were revealed in Corocoro they said that their main purpose is to make money, like Team Rocket

>Gen 7
>all Sun and Moon games
>pre-release video of USUM shows a place that looks like Vermilion Gym

At this rate I don't even doubt that Gen 8 will be full of Kanto references
>>
>>33446011
They clearly demonstrated throughout the years that their favorite generation is the second and their least favorite one is the third for some reasons.
>>
Yes gamefreak cares about the games that launched their billion dollar franchise and made them successful.
>>
>>33446011
Because if it wasn't for Gen 1, this franchise would have never taken off
>>
It's just an easter egg but lmao your opinion
>>
>>33446036
Maybe It was made for the sequel/third titles of XY as an homage for the 20th anniversary.
Remember the bank in gen 6 actually was programmed for 6 games?
Afterall a lot of them think ''the Zygarde game'' is an abandoned project because TPC wanted a brand new generation in the 20th anniversary year.
>>
>>33446154
>>33446158
Then if they love Kanto so much, why don't they just remake them again and never stop doing anything but Kanto Remakes instead of forcing every region to have no identity of its own other than "Golly Gee Anon, isn't Kanto GREAT? I wish I could go to Kanto, here, have a starter from Kanto and check out these new features exclusive to Kanto Pokemon!"
>>
>>33446154
Doesnt matter, as prof Oak says "there's a place and time for everything" but that doesnt mean every game from now on needs heavy kanto pandering

Look at ORAS: it didnt have Kanto pandering (unless you count few Kanto megas among all the other ones) and yet its the best selling remake.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.