[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Pokemon next to have a fall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Nintendo Open World Meme.png (668KB, 1169x789px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Open World Meme.png
668KB, 1169x789px
Is Pokemon next to have a fall?
>>
No because Pokemon isn't a Nintendo made game

Game freak will make whatever they want
>>
>>33444091
>Game Freak will make Pokemon Red and Blue with some new Pokemon and 2012 graphics
Fixed that one
>>
>>33444092
>>33444084
No, masuda said an openworld game wouldn't work for pokemon
>>
>>33444092
And you will be first in line for midnight release of said game.

So what
>>
>>33444097
Nowhere did I say Pokemon was gonna open world

Even if every Nintendo franchise went open world. Pokemon doesn't need to. Nintendo doesn't make the games
>>
>>33444097
Masuda is incorrect.
>>
File: perfect.jpg (24KB, 598x399px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
24KB, 598x399px
>>33444084
>tfw I like open world games
sux 2be u
>>
>>33444106

>he has never known tight, controlled, deliberate, well paced, hand crafted level design.
>he just wants a computer algorithm copy pasting grass textures for miles on end
>>
>>33444084
>>>/v/
>>
>>33444084
>open world mario
>open world zelda
>bad
>>
>>33444131
Fuck off
>>
File: 1502921375793.png (470KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1502921375793.png
470KB, 893x732px
>>33444138
OP taste is shit, anon
>>
>>33444144
i'll only fuck off when you go back
>>
>>33444153
Check the IP faggot
>>
>>33444084
>open world memed
>mario
which is the formula they used back in 1996, and btw you don't even know the meaning of sandbox and open world
>zelda
the series that invented open world, nothing incredible here, ocarina of time was open world when this stupid term didn't even exist.
>>
Pokemon is already open world.

Also 3D Zelda improved greatly by falling for the meme, even if it's only a 7/10 now. Animal Crossing would probably improve by falling for the meme, also.
>>
>>33444138
the open world it is
>>
>>33444084
An open world pikmin doesn't sound bad
>>
>>33444097
Toothpaste doesn't work on Masuda's teeth either, what does he know
>>
>>33444097
it would, they're just too incompetent
>>
zelda has always been openworld and botw has the best gameplay of any zelda game so far. they just need to give it a better story and dungeons
>>
>>33444244
Botw dungeons are perfect
>>
>>33444251
If only. It would be a perfect game if the dungeons weren't so braindead.
>>
>>33444084
>mario odyssey is "open world memed"
Or maybe they just wanted to make another game like 64 or Sunshine
>>
Zelda has been open world since the first game, only the shitty 3D entries later have fucked that up. I was going to forgive you for this because the original Zelda came out a long time ago, but 3D Mario was "open world" (as much as Odyssey is anyway) since 1996, so you are definitely underaged.
>>
File: beanbean-outskirts.png (2MB, 5144x4096px) Image search: [Google]
beanbean-outskirts.png
2MB, 5144x4096px
i miss semi-openworld games, nowadays everything is either an empty sandbox or a linear corridor
>>
>>33444084
Animal Crossing has been open world since the very first game.
Same for Pikmin more or less.
>>
>>33444084
Are you stupid or do yozu live on the dark side of the moon?

You know, there was an interview from GameInformers when they visitied GameFreak in Japan, where Masuda said they are doing an open worldish Pokémon game on the Switch.

It won´t be complete open world experience, but why has Zelda had a fall?

The game was succesfull as hell, so stop shitposting about things you don´t know.
>>
>>33444125
>things that game freak has never done correctly
or
>something that makes most games average by default

i know what im picking
>>
>>33444530
Masuda didn't say this. Said the opposite actually
>>
>>33444230
Open world Pikmin would be pretty horrible if you can't give the Onion(s) different landing spots. And the leader's limited mobility would limit the things they could do with the map.
>>
Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda so far though.
>>
>>33444092
That's will never happen.
>>
>>33444183
>Pokemon is already open world.
Having an overworld doesn't make it open world.
>>
>>33444144
C'mon chem
>>
>>33444084
>forgetting Mario 64 and Sunshine
>>
>>33444084
What Kirby game was open world?
>>
>>33444410
You mean like Pokémon before Gen 5? I do as well.
>>
>>33444084
Wtf why would there be an Open World Animal Crossing game? That doesn't even make any sense.
>>
>>33445132
Amazing Mirror kinda was, but I think this is just a list where people cross off games that have had Open World installments.
>>
File: 1503450939971.jpg (64KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1503450939971.jpg
64KB, 872x685px
>>33444084
>talking shit about a few of the best nintendo games we've gotten over a long period of time. (minus pokemon)
>>
>>33444254
Which would've been easily solved by them setting a difficulty flag after each dungeon so the next one was harder no matter which one you started with or where you went next.

They went downhill because as time went on your got more OP while the dungeons stayed easy enough for a newb to complete.

Pokémon could easily do this too. Every time you beat a Gym or Gym equivalent, trainers you haven't beaten and the remaining gym/equivalents level up.

This was actually what did kill the openness of the first two Gens as well as it did BotW. Gave you the option to do over half of the Gyms in any order and had a fair amount to explore but the levels didn't move.
>>
>>33444102
>>33444238
please explain to me how would a Pokemon open world game work, and i will tell you why it wouldn't work.
>>
Give me ONE(1) turn based RPG that has done open world well or even decently.
I'll be waiting.
>>
>>33444084
pokemon go :^)
>>
>>33444084
>implying open world is bad
the two highest rated zeldas are open world
>>
>>33445337
he's implying that the term ''open world'' has become a meme, like ''make it like darksouls'' was back in the day.
>>
>>33445355
Souls-like is unfortunately still a big meme.
>>
>>33445294
Each subregion has extensive hints strewn across the game that suggest you that some places here are essentially deathtraps for newbs, and avoid going in uprepared
Each subregion has several groups of trainers, that will assess your skills by your ingame 'fame', and now can also ignore you or scurry from you, or if you're strong enough some can ask you for help with something.
Gyms are more numerous, and besides one or two initial ones all have tiered teams, built to match your powerlevel, wherever (in sane brackets ofc) it is.
Subregions can be pokeride locked, or questlocked, but besides that offer completely unlinear exploration
>>
>>33444584
An open world does NOT make most games average by default. A mediocre open world makes a game fucking horseshit IMO.
>>
Oh so was Mario 64 open world?
>>
>>33445440
Witcher and BotW are good examples of open world done right, both in their own ways.
>>33445449
Not really at all. It's rather open level design instead.
>>
>>33445235
Amazing Mirror was fucking great. Only problem with it was mirror ability wasn't in it
>>
>>33445473
That almost sounds like an oversight somehow
>>
>>33445434
>Each subregion has extensive hints strewn across the game that suggest you that some places here are essentially deathtraps for newbs, and avoid going in uprepared
why would i go there?, what is the purpose of those zones?

>Each subregion has several groups of trainers, that will assess your skills by your ingame 'fame', and now can also ignore you or scurry from you, or if you're strong enough some can ask you for help with something.
explain this better please, are they like the SM trainers that would ask you to beat every trainer in the route before letting you fight them?, are they also ''quest givers''?
>>
>>33445489
Mirror's one of my favorite abilities but yeah it kinda gets the shaft in the games. It came back in Robobot thankfully, but they redesigned it so it didn't have that cool connection to Marx anymore.
>>
>>33445518
>why would i go there?, what is the purpose of those zones?
Grindin' levels. Rare shit. Rare mons. Questin'
Sheer pleasure of tearing some legendmon a new one.
Basically there would be some variety in how much inhabited and urbanized regions are. Some places would be so overbuilt that all mons you can get are weaklings from kinda polluted rivers, parks and some rural villages.
Some are mountainous wilderness where outside of well kept tourist trails there's 45lvl pseudo behind every tree.
Some are mix of that, or something new.
Like resort that was built nearby hot springs, and you can walk off the compounds to explore unmarked caves on your own.

>explain this better please, are they like the SM trainers that would ask you to beat every trainer in the route before letting you fight them?, are they also ''quest givers''?
I mean that by battling, levelling, winning or generally doing anything you use to do in pogeymen games, you get fame, to which many elements of world react. And trainers would either see you as nuisance, some lowly whippin' boy, worthy challenger, overwhelming opponent or annihilation incarnate depending how good you are at kicking others shit in.
And some would give you quests, either because they want to brass you off or they see in you some champ that can deal with shit they couldn't do.
>>
>>33444097
No he didn't, he said a BotW style game wouldn't work for Pokemon. In replying to one of the comments, he actually did say the Switch game would be open world(ish). Whatever is meant by that is yet to be seen, but I don't understand why so many are seemingly against it.

I definitely don't think all games need to become BoTW, but Pokemon is literally a game about adventuring and exploration. Giving us a bit more freedom to find the types of Pokemon we want to use would be welcome. It's especially baffling after the major complaints about the past two games have been how linear and railroaded they are.

Pokemon has needed to return to basics for a while now too, less melodramatic stories about saving the world and more just becoming a powerful trainer and discovering lore and myths about the world.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.