[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /vp/'s thoughts on Dogasu's Backpack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: dogasu.jpg (170KB, 1160x849px) Image search: [Google]
dogasu.jpg
170KB, 1160x849px
What are /vp/'s thoughts on Dogasu's Backpack?
>>
>>33443876
Never heard of it.
>>
This is a thing?
This looks like the 90's.
>>
>>33443876
Literally who?
>>
>>33443876
Is he still writing? Because last time I checked the episodes near the end of Kanto were missing.
>>
>>33444022
He's made the goal of writing all of the Kanto episode reviews weekly by the end of 2017, but he missed a week recently.

As for the OP's question, I like browsing it to check on Pokemon information I never heard of before. Dogasu is a decent writer, although he bashes on 4kids a little too much.
>>
>>33444029

>4Kids makes a heavily edited and inaccurate dub.

>"Bashes too much."
>>
File: 1481523645591.jpg (48KB, 455x810px) Image search: [Google]
1481523645591.jpg
48KB, 455x810px
I remember once trawling through the site trying to find a summary of something from some Team Rocket podcast/radio show from 4 or so years ago. It was the voice actors of Jessie, James, and Meowth acting in-character and they would have guest voice actors who would also be in character. It sounded great but there weren't any translations when I looked and given the guy is kinda busy, I doubt there's any now.

Otherwise the only thing i know is the site layout is pretty outdated but it's simple, unlike the trainwreck that is serebii.
>>
I've been visiting his site since 2003. He used to do AG comparisons pretty regularly as soon as the dubbed Hoenn eps aired in the U.S. I used to follow his site when I was back in High School ever day.

The AG dub didn't change much from the original (besides the music changes), and it's kind of why people followed it at the time. It's kinda funny reading Dogasu's old AG comparisons from 2003-2004.
>>
I like it. It's just a guy talking a out the Pokémon anime in a very comprehensive way.
>>
>>33444083
He wrote a fairly detailed summary of episode 1, but never followed up on his promise to cover the rest of the episodes.
>>
>>33443876
He has a decent amount of interesting information about the development of the early anime, and in-depth summaries of dub edits.

On the other hand I really dislike how elitist and purist he is.
>>
>>33443885
>>33443889
>>33443891
You have to be over 18 to post on this board
>>
>>33445299
>You have to know everything to be over 18.
>>
He is the best rocketfag ever
>>
>>33443876
Wow, I vaguely remember this site. I probably last went there sometime around the D/P era, which was the last time I really paid attention to the anime.
>>
>>33444064
Yes, the 4Kids dub was bad and all, but still his complaints feel too much picky multiple times:

>Eww Musashi is a better character than Jessie
>Eww English puns are all so lame and dumb, not like Japanese puns which are the greatest thing in the history of humanity
>Eww this detail was not mentioned in the Japanese version the English dub is a dirty lie

And he also said that the 2BA Master songs are awful. He's an asshole.
>>
>>33445299
>not knowing about some obscure weeb is being underage now
I want nu/vp/ to leave
>>
>>33446983
>dub is inaccurate as balls
>but _I_ grew up on it so it's the show to ME and nobody can tell me these changes were for the worse.
The world doesn't revolve around your personal nostalgia, anon.
>>
>>33446983
>And he also said that the 2BA Master songs are awful.

to be realistic. on a lyric standpoint they are awful
like the misty song. hardcore shilling of a false lovestory that only lives in the dub or the viridian city song. hyping something up that is basicly nothing. you start your journey and what is in viridian city? wow... off to the next town. there's at least a badge to earn.
>>
>>33446983
>And he also said that the 2BA Master songs are awful.
They are. How many people do you know that likes them that DON'T have nostalgic affection for them? Did your parents think they were good when you were a kid?
>>
>>33445315
If you were into pokemon and participated online pre-2010, Dogasu's Backpack should be basic knowledge.

Name 3 fansites that are no longer and I'll believe you're not bait.
>>
>>33443876
he's the guy in this 30s who moved to nippon and blogs about old anime dub episodes?

he hasn't even started on XY yet
>>
>>33447205
There's not that much to say about XY beyond "most music is replaced, the acting is really bad and every time Team Rocket say something it's only vaguely related to what they originally said".

It's also fully fansubbed, so you could literally do his job yourself if you felt like it.
>>
I never got why this guy hated the changes made to the cartoon. It's for children. I mean, I still like it but I accept it's for kids and switch off my brain for 21 minutes a go. I like the ongoing continuity and the battles and contests, I really don't care if they mistranslated a line.
>>
>>33447195
I got into Pokemon late. I still don't really browse many fansites.
>>
>>33447195
You are too fucking old for this fandom.
>>
>>33447112
>relying this heavily on ad hominem
>>
>>33447205
>>33447245
Only XY thing he did a comparison for is the Diancie movie.
>>
>>33447572
>it's for kids so it's okay for it to be a sloppy rushjob
>>
>>33447195
>being this desperate to find something to be superior in
please reconsider
>>
>>33447112
Did you even read my original post? It literally begins with "the 4Kids dub was bad", I just said that his complaints are a little excessive sometimes. (Expecially the one about puns, what's this thing with americans where marketing people love puns but everyone else haves the hateboner for them and is always like "EWW LE LAME CRINGY PUN"?

(and this is the part where it's discovered that I'm actually from a foreign country and I grew up with a foreign dub that was based on the 4Kids one anyway)

>>33447144
And fun fact: The release of 2BA Master in my country didn't have Misty's song. Since the Italian dub already had two different theme songs at that point, to make room for both of them they had to cut it out along with the English theme song. Also, we had a completely different version of Pokémon Dance Mix with the same lyrics but completely different music.
>>
What do you guys think of http://www.pokemopolis.com/
>>
>>33447961
It's dead, sadly.
>>
>>33443876
Petulant.
>>
>>33447961
It was actually fun.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.