[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the most useless feature in Pokemon main game history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: battleroyalsingle2.jpg (32KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battleroyalsingle2.jpg
32KB, 400x240px
Who the fuck played this
>>
File: Calem.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Calem.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
>>33435410
This is.
>>
>>33435410
I played it sometimes
>>
>gen 4 has Underground and later the Wi-fi Plaza minigames
>gen 5 has the Pokestar studios shit
>gen 6 has >>33435422
>gen 7 has >>33435410 AND the Pokefinder

I think the only time they succeeded in making something fun in these side features is Pokethlon on HGSS.
>>
File: xatu.gif (108KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
xatu.gif
108KB, 192x192px
>>33435435
Gen 6's most useless feature was Sky Battles.
No, wait, they weren't just useless, they were detrimental to various species of Pokemon and are still a problem even now because GameFreak's too lazy to change the animations on Pokemon they ruined.
>>
>>33435410
Me cause I wanted that trainer pose

Never again
>>
File: a dog.gif (411KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
a dog.gif
411KB, 499x281px
>>33435435
>underground
>useless
>>
>>33435410
I played it, and while it was kinda random and chaotic as fuck, it was still fun.
also i got a pretty fun pokeball throw animation out of it, so it was actually worth it
>>
>>33435435
>Considers Pokestar Studios to be shit
>Doesn't mention Musicals
The Pokestar Studios was better than contests, ribbons or not.
>>
>>33435447
Pic very related. The Underground was tight.
>>
>>33435481
Are unovabortions still underage?
I feel like they are... but then if you started with anything but Gen1 or Gen2, I feel like you're a baby.

Point is, shit versions of contests like the musicals and studio nonsense... are just worthless.
Contests, either Gen3 or Gen4, will always be superior because, like battles, you actually do more than CSs.
>>
>>33435447
>>33435518
It wasn't useless because they locked stuff like evolutionary stones and fossils behind it so you had to waste time down there to get anything you needed.
>>
>>33435535
the main problem with your argument is that it implies the underground was a waste of time rather than a fun minigame that gave you cool shit
>>
>>33435422
>I can't do cool or cute videos so I blame the game for being shit
kys
>>
Frame-drops somewhat ruin this for me
>>
>>33435532
Did you even play through the movies aside what Roxie forced you to? Musicals were completely useless cancer, but Pokestar at last attempts to teach you intricacies to competitive battling, which is more than either form of contests ever did. And for the record, my first game was Blue.
>>
>>33435532
Unovabortions would probably not be underage. They tend to be holdovers from when /vp/ was first made and when BW shit was being leaked.
>>
>>33435535
Smashing boulders and farming pokemon is so much better
>>
File: lipstick.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
lipstick.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
>>33435547
I made a good one, but the feature is absolutely pointless. Sharing videos is a total pain in the ass, ORAS players can't view it at all, and overall it offers no rewards for making videos. It would've been something worth giving a damn if sharing them was easy, like how Platinum and HGSS let you share custom box types, something that on paper is even more useless.
And worst of all, it locked out unique and interesting face customization options to this worthless mode.
>>
>>33435410
Me to get the EV items.
>>
>>33435410

It's okay, not awful. It's also not something that probably took them a lot of effort that could have gone into something else, like musicals, or contests, or pokestar
>>
>>33435410
while I hate it since I always end up in last place, no matter what I do, you still get battle points from it so it's still more useful than musicals which nets you literally zero net gain for sitting through.
>>
>>33435559
They should be in stores/only available once per game. The GTS and breeding facilities fulfill any want of fossilmons and the dept stores should sell all evolutionary stones as they have before.
>>
>>33435435
>Underground
>Pokestar Studios
wow, someone dosn't like content.
>>
>>33435410
>not playing battle royal everyday
plebs
>>
>>33435410
Will be update with new mode and past characters
>>
>>33435410
Fighting three npcs with megas, legendary Pokemon, and z-moves were fairly amusing so I enjoyed playing battle royal.
>>
>>33435721
No it wont, it wouldnt even make sense to put old characters in Royal because they're so short and clusterfuck
>>
>>33435410
It was more luck than skill, but it's an easy Battle Point dispenser so I can't complain.
>>
>>33435410
It's the best you could expect from a free for all mode in Pokemon, desu

It's a very unpredictable, tricky, volatile battle mode, so I have fun with it. My one gripe with it is how slow-paced the turns feel, but there's not much they could do to improve that besides cutting down on the empty time between animations, actions, etc. It'd be great if they did that, it'd make battles in general feel a lot more fluid and fun.
>>
>>33436100
They could have followed the method that the poketubers did beforehand. Battle Royals are so garbo that the poketubers still use multi doubles instead for their ffa's.
>>
>>33435535
That's exactly why is not useless. I think the world you're looking for is boring or dumb. Useless means there's no reason to use the feature but there was plenty for the Underground.

The Altering Cave was useless
>>
>>33435410
>>33436100
Along with fluid animations and not ending the battle when a player loses all their mons, this would've been an amazing battle mode.
>>
>>33435532
I started with Gen 1 and I like Pokestar Studuis, fight me.
>>
>>33435410
I wouldnt call it the worst but its shows how poor GF has become when it comes to features in SM

>Battle Royal
its short, annoying and what worse its not addictive
>Pokefinder
Sounds good on paper but its incredibly boring and there's no goal in it
>Pelago
Can be useful which is nice but doesnt have any actual gameplay to it. Its basically just a place for farming stuff
>Battle Tree
Nerfed battle tower (they removed triple and rotations) mixed with super cheap attempt to recreate PWT

Its just sad what have becorme of GF
>>
I like the battle royal I just hope they flesh it out more. each time I unlocked the next rank I thought they would change the rules since they displayed the rules on the top screen. but each time it was always the same amount of pokemon, level cap, and same banned pokemon.
>>
>>33435410
I'm in a Discord and we do them occasionally, but only if we're tired of multi battles. They're pretty fun against real players, you can do mindgames and there's less bullshit damage rolls and items, but three AIs is genuinely terrible. Don't blame anyone for not enjoying them.
>>
>>33436799
wow, i agree on the pokefinder, but the rest are literally lies.
>>
>>33436835
Oh yeah? Where's the lie then? Explain?
>>
File: IMG_0291.png (535KB, 980x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291.png
535KB, 980x840px
You are like a baby, watch this
>>
>>33435535
>they locked stuff like evolutionary stones and fossils behind it
You're thinking the wrong way. Underground made them available in a first place.
It is because of people like you Game Freak hands over mythicals like candies.
>>
>>33435410
>your game is now playing at 15 fps
thanks GameFreak
>>
People don't like battle royal? I guess they've never had fun with shiinotic or clefable/clefairy and spotlight shit. Battle royal is fun as hell.
>>
>t. Carracosta
>>
>>33435435
>underground
>useless
let me guess, you didn't have friends. did you anon?
>>
>>33436812
This, battle spot can also be fun when you don't get any shitters, but in game is just incredibly frustrating because everyone protects when you try to hit them or attacks you.
>>
>>33436955
>Having fun with a shitmon such a Shiinotic

kys anon
>>
>>33435410
I did. And I had fun with it. It was framedrop RNG: the Mode, but I still had fun. Grinded it for BP when Bank wasn't a thing yet. Never fought the Masked Royal, though.
>>
>>33435410
I like that it's a genuinely different battle format and I think it has a lot of potential. They should definitely continue to experiment with it and optimize it's performance on hardware, though.
>>
>>33435410
I do only for the ribbon.

>>33435435
I've chosen Serena as player in Y and when I do videos I have good results with her. I think the problem with Trainer PR Videos is the character.
>>
>>33437150
How did this even get past the spam filter
>>
Battle Royal is cool but it's only playable online on free battle which I have no interest in. It needs to be part of ranked Battle Spot so that the meta can grow properly.
>>
>>33437150
What?
>>
Wish they'd focus less on side features like this and the new photo thing in USUM to leave room for overworld improvements
>>
>>33435481
>ribbons or not
Literally the only thing that makes those features not to feel like complete useless garbage, gen V is truly the worst gen of al, not a single ribbon at all
>>
It's pretty fun to play it online
I find it more enjoyable than 1on1 battles.
Also why the fuck there isn't a multi battle option in the battle spot?
>>
>>33435532
BW released in 2010 in japan and in usa/eu in 2011, so you'd have to be 11 or 12 years old to not be underage anymore by now.
>>
>>33435410
This feature was actually pretty fun
>>
>>33438000
Multi-battle as in online? I think it's pretty obvious why, it'd be full of trolls that constantly attack your pokemon.
>>
>>33438089
The only trolls are the guys who battle with level 1 mons ruining the match for everyone else

there are multiple reasons why people will only target you:
1:You have an ice type or a pokemon that they see as an easy kill

2:You sent out a mon they see as a threat like Landorus,Garchomp or metagross

3:You piss them off someway at the start of the match and they will only target you

4:You're in First place, This is the correct one alongside 1 and 2
>>
>>33435435
Underground was an awesome way to get fossils. Fuck off.
>>
>>33435410
I did/do, but only because it's the source of 25% of new ribbons in gen VII.
>>
>>33435422
What about rotation battles
>>
>>33435410
>automatically ends when one (1) trainer loses all their mons
Could have been great if not for this.
>>
>>33438718
If only people would know how to play BR

>Always attack the guy on 1st place or a possible threat

>Never attack the guy with less pokemons and not in 1st place unless you're winning otherwise you're making the match easier for the guy 1st place
>>
I played it for the ribbons.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.