[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 35

File: 1487988373248.png (378KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487988373248.png
378KB, 893x1200px
lol
>>
The FIRST thing I noticed was "you can't catch any pokemon from previous regions until after the game". Nice fucking bait
>>
>>33430168
Now stop right there, I want to see an Emoboar
>>
>>33430170
this need to change to 'the problem with black and white'.
>>
This isn't the real one
This series of images is way more on point and doesn't include 100+ gay mistakes
>>
>>33430168
>you can only travel across half of it to artificially lengthen the postgame
This pissed me off so much in BW2. You can't tell me that Twist Mountain, Tubeline and Skyarrow are all under construction, the bridge elevator is broken, fat men are dancing in front of White Forest and expect me to actually believe that.
>>
I like this type of image, post the ones for gens 1/2/3/4/6/7 for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 1460613060584.png (259KB, 358x339px)
1460613060584.png
259KB, 358x339px
I liked the animated sprites. They looked fun and colorful, despite being pixelated and tweened. Models were a necessary step forward though, even if their colors are a bit too washed out and their idle animations lacking.
>>
>>33430168
>You couldn´t catch any of the pokemon from previous generation until post-game
and thats a problem because ?
>>
How much of this is just about BW? Because BW2 fixes almost all of this.
>>
>>33430168
most of this shit are opinions and not objective facts
>>
File: beer.png (48KB, 599x282px)
beer.png
48KB, 599x282px
lol
>>
>>33430254
and the other are just flat-out retarded.
>T-the games force me to catch Reshiram/Zekrom
And? Box 'em if you don't like them.
>B-but you have to catch them to go through the game
That's why they invented Masterball, for hopeless microcephalus like you.
And don't let me start about the lies (like half-region to make ''artificial lenght'' but they didn't think that that was literally added to make for something the player can explore after the league and not locked on purpose till late game, indeed those area are useless to the game, they could have not make anything at all like they (don't) do with newer titles, but instead they cared a bit to do such.
>>
File: zFIYKX2.png (397KB, 893x2947px)
zFIYKX2.png
397KB, 893x2947px
>>33430203
Gen 1 updated
>>
File: 1482881207605.png (401KB, 780x1300px)
1482881207605.png
401KB, 780x1300px
>>33430203
Gen 7. No sign of others though.
>>
>Not including Infinite TMs
That was one of the most casualized features of the gen.
>>
>>33430168
It's honestly amazing how little of this is a legitimate source for complaint. The rest are either bad opinions, blatantly untrue, grasping at straws, or blaming Unova for something that other regions, before and after, are equally guilty of.
>>
>>33430285
Gotta add the region itself. People shit on bw being one big circle. Well Alola is 4 little ones. The "victory road" has one fork in it.
>>
>>33430168
>If a pokemon has a speed greater than 1809, it will ignore the effects of trick room
this sounds rather hard to achieve without actually trying.
Other than the bugged N's Zoroark, a lot of those problems that are buggs, which i wouldn't really list as problems of a generation, also finding an optional minigame boring feels like it's also in the list just to make it lengthier.

>Sequels were made in an attempt to make up for BW's poor sales, instead of making a Gray version to fix it's flaws
What?...

>These new pokemon were so negatively received that gamefreak had to backpedal and make old ones available in the sequels
Were they really?, and i highly doubt that was the motive they include old pokemon in BW2 main story, rather than just including them to make the game feel different and fresher than BW
>>
>>33430282
that's one messed up gen
>>
>deep atempt of the story held back the gameplay
look I am one of the people, who wants a more open pokemon game with less story like the gen1-2, but which fucking gameplay? catching and battle is still there you mong

>couldn´t catch any pokemon from previous gens
so what? thanks to little children who shit about that, we can now catch only pokemon from previous gens and with newer ones beeing rare as fuck
>nate and rosa have the worst designs
Didn´t know that the problem list has anything to do with fucking subjective shit you mong
>introduced N
tell me which other guy has literally the same personality like N in gen 6 and 7
>elemental monkeys
same like above
>sequels were made
sequels that were the best pokemon games until now, so how the fuck is this bad? 3rd version or 2x 3rd versions, who cares.
>kyrum fight is easy
like anyother pokemon/legendary fight is difficult..yeah...
>homages of previous pokemon
ok that´s fine
>copies of real world animals
WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?! It´s not like we have real world animals copies since fucking gen1.

other things are probably fine. Look, if you don´t like gen 5 that´s fine. If you want to point out the flaws of the gen, that´s fine. But at least make something objective you idiot.
>>
>>33430168
>>33430285
The original will always be the best, these are all trash
>>
>>33430346
>Were they really?
No. It's a made up reason to try to meme gen 5 into being bad games. If anything, Platinum got the dex expansion for similar reasons, not BW2.
>>
Funny how Gen 5 has so little actual problems that you had to fill literally half of this entire list with glitches. (Yes, I know Gen 1's one was also mostly glitches)
>>
>>33430168
that's the most retarded thing i've read all week
Are these stupid lists purposely made this retarded?
>>
>Nate and Rosa have the worst protagonist desings

No, the worst protag designs are ORAS Brendan and Selene.
>>
>>33430168
>when Assist is used, it can use the moves of unhatched Eggs in the party
That's fucking awesome. Can you imagine a battle mode like that? Three pokemon with Assist and three eggs in the party. You know what's in each egg but you don't know what move you'll end up using. It'll be RNG as fuck but it seems like it would be fun. Almost like Metronome battles, but with a bit more predictability.
>>
>>33430389
They are made to bait people. The original list was intended to be a normie filter to shit on genwunners. People have since torn it down but because it knocks gen1 most people here love it.
>>
>>33430218
The sprites weren't even that bad but when they zoomed in on the back sprites it didn't look as good.
>>
>mfw unovabortions are getting booty blasted over objective truths
>they're giving the exact same excuses that genwunners do with the original
It's fine when unova does it tho amirite?
>>
>objective truths
(u)
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px)
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>33430467
Wowee you didn't reply to me properly but still gave me a (you) anyway. If you don't have a real argument you shouldn't bother posting at all. You're just making it clear how butthurt you are by facts.
>>
>>33430467
please ignore the trash poster
>>
>>33430437
>worst protag designs
>objective truths
top kek
>>
>recolored legends started with gen 5
>>
>assist can use the moves of unhatched eggs in your party
That sounds like a feature to me. It's fucking wack, and makes no sense, but I see no reason to change it. Why not use a random move you had no idea you had?
>>
>>33430585
lati@s
>>
>>33430523
>if I don't like them they're trash
Real mature.

>>33430544
>sailor moon knock and palm tree
>not the worst protagonist designs

>>33430585
>t-this other gen did it too
>>
some of these are opinions and not facts
>>
>>33430504
>clear how butthurt you are by facts
You mean opinions. Yes, people can have shitty opinions.
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 108x125px)
image.jpg
3KB, 108x125px
>Gen Wars
>Unovabortions btfo
>Genwunners btfo
>Aiolaangs btfo
>Nobody has posted a pic for Gen 4 aka best gen
>>
>>33430651
It's taking to long to save the image :^)
>>
>>33430651
What's hilarious is that gen 4 is probably the best in terms of mechanical improvements to the game, yet Diamond and Pearl are probably the two worst Pokemon games ever made. Not sure how that happened.
>>
>>33430659
Doesn't help how laggy the battles are. People forget just how fucking slow it is. For instance I've been lurking nds-bootstrap and there's a lot of false reports about the game lagging hard (it does on occasion) but most of the time it's because the game itself really was that slow.
>>
File: pokemon piplup1.jpg (42KB, 285x285px)
pokemon piplup1.jpg
42KB, 285x285px
>>33430658
>>
>>33430282
The original one of these will always be the best one. The gen V and gen VII one are just filled with subjective shit, making them laughably useless and biased.
>>
File: 1503557128858.jpg (44KB, 638x629px)
1503557128858.jpg
44KB, 638x629px
the gen 1 list is genuine coding and mechanical problems with the game and every single iteration contains some subjective shit like "worst designed protagonists" or "casuals!!!"

/vp/ doesn't understand that its awful opinions don't need to be shoehorned into everything and has zero sense of nuance
>>
>>33430701
Salty genwunners are retarded.

More at 11.
>>
>>33430604
this is still a subjective opinion tbqh
>>
>>33430604
>t-this other gen did it too

That's not the point. The point is calling the genies the laziest trio ever is absurd when the lake trio exists. Especially when the genies have alternate forms.
>>
File: 1503184891343.png (186KB, 625x335px)
1503184891343.png
186KB, 625x335px
>>33430717
is that what you got from my post?

the entire point of the image macro is to highlight that the gen 1 games are filled with glitches, bugs, mechanical errors, and is basically a generation held together by duct tape.

every iteration of macros after has some shit like "story ruined by x", bad rival character" or "lacking postgame" that has nothing to do with a game's mechanical problems.

yet again, /vp/ misses the point
>>
this is as funny and useless as the oras/hgss comparison one
and I didn't even like gen 5
>>
>>33430306
>having to transfer your team, start a new game, bring your team back over, and play through the entire game over again, possibly even more than once, just because you want two or more pokemon on your team to learn a specific move
it was for the better
>>
>>33430168
there's a lot of legit glitches and issues with the games here, but at the same time so much of this is reaching.
>putting subjective opinions on design in the list, especially when rosa is best protag girl
>elemental monkeys "shoved down your throat at every turn" when you have the option to get a free one, fight the gym leader who has one and then see them at about the same rate as any normal pokemon
>you are forced to catch the box legendary even though you aren't forced to use it, also in b2/w2 you can't catch it until the postgame. he even mentions the fused kyurem fight so it's not like he forgot about that.
>complaining about pokemon being copies of real world animals
>complaining about not getting ribbons of all the fucking useless shit
>complaining that entire seasons last too long
>saying that the story "held back" the gameplay without going into why that is
>>
File: gen 5 battles.gif (773KB, 403x227px)
gen 5 battles.gif
773KB, 403x227px
>>33430218
>>
>>33430786

THANK YOU!

The point of the first one was not "this is what I dislike about that Gen" like every other version mostly does.

When your problems with a Gen are only how things are designed (story/map/characters/e.t.c) rather than how they dont work as intended then they are not part of that discussion.
>>
File: 1487986250541.png (457KB, 780x1300px)
1487986250541.png
457KB, 780x1300px
>>33430285

tried making a little lessed biased version
>>
>>33430928
S'good.
>>
>>33430949
This is still shit, biased, and subjective as fuck. The whole point of the original one was that it's pretty much completely objective. I don't think the gen V and gen VII charts can be saved.
>>
File: idort.jpg (19KB, 202x249px)
idort.jpg
19KB, 202x249px
>We /v/ now
This thread is pathetic
>>
>>33430949
Add removing sitting on benches. People literally can't live without this. So I can't.
>>
>>33431042
If you thought this board was ever better than /v/ in any way you haven't spent much time on either.
>>
>>33431042
>now
>>33430285
>When using L=A mode, the R button does not function
I'm still pissed, made me think my R was broken
>>
>>33431007
there is still a fair amount of info in there that's true. There are severe flaws with parts of the story of the game that are still in their right flaws. The fact that Mohn is NEVER mentioned is probably one of the most annoying things about SM. You know about him before Nebby gets taken and you know that Mohn disappeared and only left behind his work.
>>
File: 1474211129008.png (220KB, 429x376px)
1474211129008.png
220KB, 429x376px
>>33431098
wait wtf, that guy's the father? WHAT
>>
>>33431098
you don´t know who is moh until you battle the aether fundation
>>
File: C4iKhKNWQAANPLd.jpg (24KB, 500x370px)
C4iKhKNWQAANPLd.jpg
24KB, 500x370px
>>33431243
No you find out in the dimensional lab with burnet. A guy there tells you.
"Mohn just up a disappeared"
"What are you talking about, he's at poke pelago"

-end game-

I appreciate the lore they added, but try not to add it in such an idiotic way. Maybe have someone else run poke pelago and after you become champion you're told to give your Pokemon a rest at poke pelago, the person says maybe it's time you meet the man in charge. You meet Mohn, have normal brain function and realize he's lillie's dad, take him back to aether. "Omg no way he's been here all along" goes with Lillie and lusamine to kanto, gladion stays behind to run aether
>>
>>33430285
>more than 3 points max for one section
>>
>>33431124
>blonde hair
>green eyes
>Mohn

Come on anon, surely you're not this obvious. Or did you not pay attention
>>
Why is there a Gen V one but not one for DP or Gen VI?
>>
>>33431312
thinking about it now, yeah I see it but not before now
>>
>>33431317
>why does this bait image exist for one of the most vocal fanbases of the board?
>>
>>33431294
It´s impossible to know that Moh is Lillies father just by the hair color
Firt´s you need to know Gladion is her brother, then that Lusamine was her mather and finally that the missing father must be the dissapeared researcher who named the guy from the dimensional lab
And they didn´t say that their father was missing until you fight the aether fundation
>>
>>33431294
And if I got sequencing wrong and you meet Mohn after finding out about him

*go to poke pelago for the first time*
"Hey I'm Mohn"
"Omfg no way hang on"
*calls/meets lillie*
"Yo Lillie I found ur dad"

-end game-
>>
>>33431312
>Searching for him far and wide and up into another dimension
>he was stranded on a fucking island in Alola, nothing that the Aether Foundation couldn't find with their fucking resources

I can't understand how the fuck they didn't think about searching him in the sea.
>>
File: lmao.png (397KB, 700x1100px)
lmao.png
397KB, 700x1100px
>>33431354
Dude, come ON

Even if you're brain damaged (which the mc actually seems to be) you can still comment on the fact that Mohn is at poke pelago without putting together the fact that he's lillie's dad
>>
File: 1446571063887.png (492KB, 800x770px)
1446571063887.png
492KB, 800x770px
>>33431409
If you say so
I won´t deny that mc could have said it, but I guess that was intentional
>>
>>33430170
This is actually the best part of BW and why it is better than BW2
>>
>>33431409
>>33431356
post moar i'm loving these
>>
File: Nate.jpg (278KB, 666x666px)
Nate.jpg
278KB, 666x666px
OP pic might be bait, but there are some genuine points to make against the Gen V games. Plenty of problems the later games have also exist in Gen V or started there, either in BW, BW2 or both games.
>narrative-driven game that affects exploration
First starting in BW, the games have a much heavier focus on Hilda (or Hilbert) vs. N and their clashing worldviews. The games have been more railroaded than ever before, despite Pokemon being already pretty linear. Most of the time, you are unable to progress until you complete the immediate task at hand, and non-plot locations (Eastern Unova) is locked out until the postgame. BW2 continues this trend, locking out all BW1 locations that have no plot relevance.
>nostalgia pandering
Although BW follows some older gen Pokemon roles, it strayed as much as possible from the past games; fitting for a game that doesn't take place in Japan. BW2 backpedals to an insulting degree. About 100 older gen Pokemon were added into the Unova region just because (and even the ones that did exist in Unova in BW1, like Swellow, were removed for no reason) and plenty of other things were added to make more references to past gens. Sabrina was slapped into Pokestars, and the entirety of PWT is praised for bringing back past characters, when from a gameplay standpoint it is less unique than both Emerald and Platinum/HGSS's Battle Frontier.
>opponents' teams were made easier
A trend BW started, gym leaders now cap at 3 Pokemon, and the Elite Four now use 4 Pokemon. BW2 continues this trend, but it can theoretically be fixed through Challenge Mode. Actually being able to use the mode before beating the game is a challenge in itself, and most people are likely to experience the normal teams unless they cheat.
>your Pokemon can now be overleveled because of item handouts
No doubt, Gen VI's Exp. Share is overpowered. However, Gen V in comparison to the past games has also become much easier. You are given a Lucky Egg in both BW and BW2's story.
(1/2)
>>
File: whatdidijustread.png (87KB, 462x278px)
whatdidijustread.png
87KB, 462x278px
>>33430168
this is retarded, WAY too many opinions.
the "the problem with gen 1" thing worked because of how many bugs there were, this is just complaints. 0/10
>>
>>33431720
>lack of postgame
BW's postgame is incredibly barebones. In these games, you're able to explore the non-plot related locations that were locked behind for no reason, and capture all the Seven Sages. This quest is about on par with the other two Looker Quests in XY and SM, where you have to go to specific locations to do a certain task, then go to another one and repeat. BW2 adds plenty of side content to keep things unique. However, the PWT is less unique than other third version games' facilities (Emerald and Platinum's Battle Frontiers) and slides by with nostalgia pandering. There is no streak in the PWT, either. There are no standard Gym Leader rematches, either. Those were removed in favor of the Unova Leaders PWT. Memory Link exclusive battles with Cheren and Bianca are one-time only, even though Platinum Battleground fights and HGSS Red, Silver and Dojo fights are repeatable.
>bad plot
BW1's plot is very debatable, some people love it, while others hate it. BW2's, on the other hand, is a step down in every way, and is horribly handled. Team Plasma has been brought back, despite Hilda (or Hilbert) arresting all Seven Sages to prevent the group from ever being reformed. (The prompt to do this quest was not even optional, as soon as you leave your room after defeating N, Looker tasks you with catching them.) Plenty of exposition is made for one-note characters, or characters that make no impact later on in the story. Pop Roxie's storyline shows up simply to introduce Pokestars Studio and force a tutorial onto you, and Hugh shows up at every opportunity just to get back at Team Plasma, with his development arc comes out of nowhere despite him hating on them the entire game.

While not horrible games, BW and BW2 suffer from very similar problems that the "modern/3D" Pokemon games do. It'd be unfair to ignore these issues or handwave it by simply saying "It was fresh/good in BW" only to use them as negative points in the later games.
>>
>>33431493
Like I said, I LOVE the fact they put him in, perpetuating the "goes in wormhole comes out confused and doesn't know anything" it helps add to the fact oras was probs after sm and looker went through a wormhole.

But they could've been smarter with it. An 11 year should've been able to speak up like "uh the guy who disappeared is on an island" and bam story ends. Gladion makes it clear that lusamine was doing this because Mohn was gone. Bring him back and the UBs probs wouldn't have had to be dragged in.

Well maybe, but I don't think lusamine would've been power crazed by it. Shed probably be torn that he doesn't remember her or his work and shed open up the wormholes to try and get him to remember. She kidnapped him into ultra space determined to make him remember using nihilego's toxins.

That mightve been a better story desu senpai baka

>>33431682
>>
File: buzz_lightyear.jpg (17KB, 317x307px)
buzz_lightyear.jpg
17KB, 317x307px
>>33430659
>worst pokemon games ever made
>not xy

pls
>>
>>33431294
Eh, it's still better than gen 5's shitty plot.
>>
>>33431733
> it helps add to the fact oras was probs after sm and looker went through a wormhole
That makes zero sense.
For that to work, SM and ORAS should be on different universes and SM and RSE can't be compatible due SM having megas. Not to mention that Wally is just a minor issue if ORAS happens before SM but a complete plothole if it happens before.
>>
>>33430168

There needs to be one for EVERY gen
>>
>>33431814
> but a complete plothole if it happens before.
> but a complete plothole if it happens after*
>>
>PWT is nostalgia pandering
Atleast it's nostalgia pandering done right, including every Gym leader and Champion leading up to Gen 5. Meanwhile, the 3ds games are too bloated with Kanto callbacks and references.
>>
>>33431838
>Sabrina being a glam teen movie star just to reference Kanto again isn't genwun pandering
Literally ok when Unova does it
>>
>>33430949

There's nothing wrong with Hau choosing the starter weaker to yours, He counters this by choosing the Eveelution better than yours

Also his Alolan Raichu is fucking hard
>>
>>33431859
I'm only talking about the PWT. But the fact that I forgot Sabrina was even in Pokestar for a sec proves that the pandering wasn't as intrusive as the ones in XY/SM.
So yeah, it is OK when Unova does it, because atleast Unova isn't being obnoxious about it.
>>
>>33431838
and how is mega evolution nostalgia done wrong?
>>
>>33431838
This. PWT is not only optional, it says "Thanks for being with us".

Forced Kanto references say "See? Its the same as when pokemon was trendy AKA good to you right?".

>>33431859
It is, but she shows up in an optional feature in a way that "progresses" her character(or GF thinks it does at least, I'd argue that but that'd be besides the point, she at least did change) not a forced retread. SM and XY also had Kanto pandering that's good in isolation.
>>
>>33431884
Where did I say mega evolution was part of the nostalgia pandering?
>>
>>33431878
I can forget Sun came from Kanto too, now it's not obnoxious pandering! All of the pandering you shits whine about can be ignored. Like in XY
>box starter
>box Mewtwo
It was that easy.
>inb4 Kantobird
I suppose Platinum is pandering too since it has all 3, right?
>>
>>33431903
besides alolan forms
what are you talking about then?
>>
>>33431933
The fact that SM's regional dex had more Gen 1 Pokemon than any of the other Gens(including Gen 7's itself) would be a good start.
>>
>>33431958
really?
that´s it?
>>
I can't tell if the Kanto hateboner started because people genuinely hate Gen I that much, or if it's because posts like >>33431720 >>33431730 have been happening more freuqently lately, pretty much breaking any of the old arguments. I remember seeing a lot of old points claiming that Gen VI and VII sucked because of the plot, linearity and pitiful trainer teams but now most points against it boil down to "fuck Kanto" along with the usual single player postgame stuff.
>>
>>33431814
Mohn went through a wormhole and stayed in the same universe

And there's no telling how much time was spent in the wormhole
>>
File: 19252476.jpg (2MB, 1400x1700px)
19252476.jpg
2MB, 1400x1700px
>>33431992
>>
File: IMG_1123.jpg (109KB, 376x648px)
IMG_1123.jpg
109KB, 376x648px
>>33430168
>can't catch old pokemon
>con
>>
File: 1425094353320.png (228KB, 893x1200px)
1425094353320.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>33430285
>>
>>33431928
not him but
>I can forget Sun came from Kanto too, now it's not obnoxious pandering!
You didn't forget that though.

>box starter
You're forced to fight the proffessor with the starters and pick one. Sure, you can box it, but you did pick one.

>box Mewtwo
Doesn't change the fact that its the only non Gen 6 legend.

>inb4 Kantobird
They could've made a new trio but instead used the birds.

>I suppose Platinum is pandering too since it has all 3, right?
That's to get all mons in DS, it also had the birds IIRC. Also, nostalgiafags dont care about anything post 2.

>>33432000
Still its the issue of Wally being a trainer.
>>
>>33430168
Most of them doesn't even are problems. They are just "WAAAAAA I DIDN'T LIKE IT".
>>
aren't threads like this one against the rules
>>
>>33430285
>when using L=A mode, the R button does not function
And what's the problem here?
The L=A mode is for you can play with one hand.
>>
>>33432061
Yep but everyone has probably been too busy baiting each other to report it.
>>
>>33432061
we are just pretending to be retarded XD
>>
>>33432052
We don't know how time works in the wormhole.

I dunno. I mean, it's clear he went through a wormhole
>>
>no objective version of these trashy meme images
post broken mechanics and arbitrary gameplay without complaining about it then maybe someone would agree
>>
>>33431992
Unovabortions have been putting BW2 on a pedestal for too long and genwun pandering is the only immediate point that comes to their mind to shift the "Pokemon became shit" heat onto later gen games, now that more people have been calling Gen V out on its shortcomings.
There actually are different points to use to call XY and SM shit besides that, but literally nobody gives a shit about XY anymore and BW2 fanboys don't want to bother with digging up dirt on SM because that means actually getting out of their comfort zone to prove a point.
>>
File: newmeme.png (17KB, 150x228px)
newmeme.png
17KB, 150x228px
>>33430168
>>
>>33430168
notice how the genwun version was entirely objective facts (bugs in the game, things not working the way they were meant to) while this is all subjective opinions (i think this thing looks bad). makes you think.
>>
>>33432148
>now that more people have been calling Gen V out on its shortcomings.
You mean to say calling Gen 5 the redheaded stepchild/black sheep of the franchise hasn't been a thing before?
And I thought more people were starting to appreciate Gen 5, which is why there's a high amount of praise for the games lately?
>>
>>33432250
There's been more praise, sure, but there's also been more genuine criticisms outside of the "muh trashbag" strawman
>>
This thread made me realize that if something gets paraded as the best shit ever for too long, some people will try to find any negatives possible to see if it really holds up to the title.
>>
>>33430786
I don't see the problem. Your examples are more valid complaints than 'shadow disappears under the opponent's substitute if you use fire spin while they're paralyzed with 14 toxic counters' because they address things people have actually experienced. No one played gen 1 competitively.
>>
I wanna see one of these badboys for Gen 4. Sinnohfags can't stop BTFOing us bros.
>>
>>33432112
>We don't know how time works in the wormhole.
Then ORASs timeline placement regarding SM is irrelevant regarding whether Looker went through a wormhole.

> mean, it's clear he went through a wormhole
when was this said again
>>
>>33432445
Its a common thing on the Internet, and probably part of human nature,when someone says something is 10/10 and you try it out you tend to focus on the flaws because you can't believe its that good. The opposite also happens, when someone says something is terribly bad you focus on the positives and ends up being at least better than expected(or good if the person had shit taste). Which is why more savvy people on 4chan usually lower their judgement regarding works. When someone says "X is decent" it might mean anything from "anon thinks its decent" to "anon thinks its excellent".
>>
>>33430168
>expect an interesting list of legitimate issues since while the best, 5th gen isn't perfect
>it's either irrelevant shit or garbage opinions
Pathetic.
>>
>>33430168
>>33430282
>>33430285
>>33432041
someone should just make one for every game
>>
>>33432602
This one >>33431720 isn't too bad, it's mostly stating that some problems people had with Gen VI onwards are shared with Gen V. Though I do think PWT is better than anything VI and VII had to offer, it is less groundbreaking than the Frontier.
"The problem with" images have always been bullshit, even the ORAS one, despite a lot of people here hating the games, is full of petty reasons.
>>
>>33430285
I found Gen 7 to be dull, not bad just...meh

Gen 1 will always be special since it's the first one I ever played
Gen 2 was fantastic and a huge improvment on Gen 1
Gen 3 Felt slow and boring, I was mid teens at the time so my interest was dwindling.
Gen 4 I remember it being ok, fun but forgettable.
Gen 5 My god the first too games were boring as all hell, I actually found myself playing 20 minutes of B/W then switching to a different game. Never played B/W2.
Gen 6 I held no hope for the series and had been buying the games out of tradition more than anything, but I was plesantly surprised by XY, ORAS was boring as all hell, offered almost nothing good and the post game was a piss easy waste of time fetch quest.

Gen 7 was fun but meh.

Gens in order best to worse
>2 + 6 (1 nostalgia)
>1 + 4 + 7
>3 + ORAS
>Getting raped by a Rhydon drill in the peehole
>Electrode shoved up the ass
>5
>>
>>33430346
Gen 5 was just boring and slow, I hear B2W2 fixed this but BW were so bad I skipped them.
>>
File: well played.gif (992KB, 250x250px)
well played.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>33430658
>>
>>33431517
This. I had complained at first, but then it really made me appreciate the Gen V mons and I got some real bros out of it that I otherwise might not have.
>>
>>33431517
See, I agree that it was the best part of BW, but it'd have lost its lustre if they did it again in BW2, it helps BW stand out
>>
>>33432015
>Rage
>reasonable
(you)
>>
>>33430168
>you couldn't catch any of the pokemon from previous generations until the after game
Literally that's make the game better.
>>
>>33430218
models are shit
>>
>>33430168
>>33430285
Way to ruin a meme. Go fuck yourselves
>>
>>33430949
Someone need to change the part of the missing Mega Stones. This month they release the last code for Lati@s, Ampharos and Altarias.
>>
>>33432015
autism
>>
>>33431768
My vote goes to Ruby/Sapphire or Black/White as the worst mainline Pokemon games
>>
>>33432015
B8
>>
>>33432015
Red text is right
>>
>>33430949
>3d not available
>implying anyone wanted to use the 3D feature anyways
>>
Only the first one of these pictures was well made because it actually listed problems instead of opinions. Even the ORAS one was awfully made despite ORAS being awful.
>>
tfw no one would be complaining about ORAS had Gamefreak just been lazier with HGSS.
>>
File: tryavoidingthis.png (1MB, 1442x812px) Image search: [Google]
tryavoidingthis.png
1MB, 1442x812px
>>33430282
I actually liked it when Blizzard was 90% accurate.

It's fucking difficult to just jump out of the way of a blizzard in real life, ya know?
>>
>>33434668
No one would be complaining if ORAS wasn't as lazy as it was. I'm not saying they're shit-tier games, Hoenn is a good region and the gameplay is still fine, it's just that it lacks that extra spark that HGSS had.
>>
>>33431838
but why kanto?

gen 1 has objectively most broken games in the series.
>>
>>33430168
Literally half of these are either wrong or so ridiculously nitpicky and irrelevant to normal gameplay that they shouldn't even be considered "problems".

I guess that just goes to show that Gen 5 isn't actually THAT bad and that people only hate on it for the sake of hating on it.
>>
>>33436663
this has been obvious for years now
>>
You dumb fucking retards only see everything in black and white and that's why you can recreate the original Gen I image without sounding like an biased raging manchild.
Now you are even calling any mention of previous games nostalgia pandering it's fucking ridiculous.

All of these games take place in the same universe so why wouldn't they have cameos or other characters appear in different regions? That's not what nostalgia pandering is.

Nostalgia pandering is when you decide to give charizard not one, but two new fucking evolution. That didn't happen because someone at GF thought it would be a needed change that would make the pokemon world feel more alive. Nobody though "oh charizard needs some love, let's give him two evos" no, they just wanted something to show in a new flashy trailer because they know old fans like charizard, so there you go, now you have more charizard. Pandering exist to sell something and most cameos or references are completely inoffensive.

>>33431730
>BW's postgame is incredibly barebones. In these games, you're able to explore the non-plot related locations that were locked behind for no reason, and capture all the Seven Sages.
And this fucking nonsense. You could literally argue every piece of postgame is locked for no reason. Why not just let you go to Kanto from the very beginning? Why not just let you play through the entire game as it was RBY but with johto starters?
>This quest is about on par with the other two Looker Quests in XY and SM, where you have to go to specific locations to do a certain task
No, it isn't. Unless I'm remembering wrong you are not told where the sages are so you actually have to explore instead of being told what to do.
And if you think the difference between being told what to do isn't big then you should consider never using linearity as a criticism ever again.
>>
>>33430168
Seasons could be fixed if they changed every week
>>
>>33436702
Yeah I loved when Pacifidlog was a postgame-exclusive location
And you people call any minute reference to Kanto Gen I pandering (shit like "you come from Kanto in SM? Genwun pandering!" even though you come from Johto in RSE and nobody bats an eye), so it's on the same level to call PWT just that. Stay mad
>>
>>33431992
There's been so many Kanto references along with some obvious, genuine pandering that some retards now genuinely see anything Kanto-related in the newer gens as pandering, when in reality 90% of it is a reference, just like how previous gens had references.
GSC would never get a pass if it was a modern Pokemon game.
>>
>>33436705
>he thinks the PWT isn't pandering
Gen V was hated by normies for having nothing to do with the first four games. Having every single past gym leader AND champion come back is pretty much everyone's dream, even if it's unfitting as all hell, like Giovanni coming to a public place just to get his ass kickd by Misty. It's pandering, but is done through a more cleverly hidden degree than outright getting a Charizard.
>>
>>33437063
If it's not explicitly Kanto then it's not pandering.
>>
>>33430168

>intended to be a epic takedown of Gen 5 by illustrating its many showstopping flaws
>instead it just spergs out over trivia.

Add "B/W are bad games because..." to the beginning of every bullet point. How many still hold up?
>>
>>33432522
He shows up randomly on the beach and doesn't remember anything. This conveniently happens right before the gen that introduces a mechanism that has this exact same effect

JUST LET ME HAVE THIS HEADCANON LORE
>>
>>33437063
>Gen V was hated by normies for having nothing to do with the first four games
I don't know what "normies" means to you but that's wrong. You can still catch old pokemon and and Cynthia appears postgame.
But even then changing your game because of critical reception isn't pandering unless you are lowering yourself.
>>
>>33430168
I agree with with almost every one of these, but I still think of it as the best gen.
Every other gen had a parallel to most of these problems but much worse.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.