[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do people really hate the 1st gen or they're just contrarians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: DIeBdthUEAAhsRx.jpg (227KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DIeBdthUEAAhsRx.jpg
227KB, 900x1200px
do people really hate the 1st gen or they're just contrarians?
>>
do people really make these threads as bait or they're just retards?
>>
If you don't like the first generation of pokemon, you probably don't like pokemon. That said, there are distinctions between being a genwunner and liking gen 1 while recognizing its flaws.
>>
Are we talking games only or anime, poke designs and the whole shebang? Cause I think the games are hella bad, but everything else is pretty okay I guess.
>>
It's mostly kids who are too young to have been around during the golden age of Pokemon. Jealousy and the need to feel they're still "true fans" has led to a lot of anti-Gen 1 sentiment, to the point where it's more prevalent within the community than the genwunners they complain about so much.
>>
>>33429834
I don't hate gen 1 but it's an overrated gen
>>
>>33429834
i just feel fucking tired of gen 1 being the most relevant every fucking time, like, i would liked it a lot more if they gave it a good rest before bringing it back, but nope, gotta have the daily dose of kanto being shoved to our faces
>>
>>33429860
This, probably.
>>
Contrarians and people who hate Gen1 because it gets all the attention that their favorite gen doesn't
>>
Gen I did have its fair share of problems and for those who grew up playing other RPGs it can come off as very barebones among its contemporaries. A lot of the current resentment towards it comes from two places:

>The cult of personality built up by its marketing blitz and the nostalgia factor of those who only experienced that one era
>Game Freak's insistence upon making more and more overt callbacks to said era, often at the expense of other Generations or their impacts

A good example of this would be the handling of B/W and X/Y. The former paid homage to the first Gen but did so in a way that built off of rather than just idolized it's ancestor by putting new spins on old concepts and plot tropes. The latter was more interested in being a means to push Gen I and its icons, putting them on a pedestal and trying to emulate rather than expand.
>>
>>33429834
Neither. You need to learn to read, what people complain about is not Gen 1 as of itself, its the nostalgiafags and the pandering.

>>33429860
>to the point where it's more prevalent within the community than the genwunners they complain about so much.
>I have never interacted with normies: the post
Granted, every anti anti genwunner post is like this.
>>
>>33430105
BW was trying too hard too be Kanto with it's character and monster design while XY only had the kanto starters,snorlax blocking the way which makes more sense than dancing fat guys (SM had sudowoodo blocking the way like in GSC but no one bitchs about it, plus a pokemon blocking the way is better for the lore) and lapras,Plus it also had regional dex full of variety unlike BW which trying too hard to be kanto it also copied Frlg by limiting the regional dex
>>
>>33430137

Once you got past Nacrene, the dex really started to open up and you got more and more of the original designs. Also, I think the dancer block was B2 but I could be wrong. Also, Hilbert was the only character design you could claim was a direct Gen 1 shout-out considering he was an adaptation of Red.
>>
>>33429834
Gen 1 is just fine on it's own, pretty comfy all things considered.

What I can't stand is the constant gen 1 shilling and pandering, it makes me sick.
>>
>>33430105
>>33430137
>BW was trying too hard too be Kanto with it's character and monster design.
>unlike BW which trying too hard to be kanto it also copied Frlg by limiting the regional dex

I don't think BW was trying to be Kanto
>But the pokedex is a copie of Kanto's pokedex
It copied a good amount, but i feel like that was because it was the formula that worked.
Other than the few families of pokemon that BW emulated, nothing else really felt like it was copying gen 1
>The game starts by having a pokemon battle inside your roms with your 2 friends
>The rival i'm calling N the true rival, wasn't an asshole, but rather polite.
>The evil team was incredible complex and had motives that went beyond just making money
>The game was heavily story based, to the point that beating the E4 isn't the end, but rather a step before the ''final boss''.
>It had a shitton of legendaries
>>
I don't hate Gen 1
I hate genwunners and kantopandering
>>
>>33429834
Nobody hates gen 1. They hate "gen 1 fans", i put the "s there because actual gen 1 fans are alright.
>>
>>33429922
>>33430136
>>33430153
>>33430276

fucking this
>>
It's really overrated. Personally i dont care for most of the designs and i think the region's cramped and dull.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.