[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which starter should I pick? Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Kanto Female Protag.jpg (801KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto Female Protag.jpg
801KB, 707x1000px
Which starter should I pick?

Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle?
>>
Bulbasaur
>>
Squirtle
>>
Childhood is idolizing Charmander.
Adulthood is realising Bulbasaur makes the most sense.
>>
>>33429023
I chose Squirtle as a kid, then restarted the game after Mt. Moon because a magazine told me Bulbasaur was better.
How much of a faggot am I?
>>
>>33429023
Speedrunners use Squirtle, though.
>>
>>33429033
>Autists use Squirtle, though.
ftfy
>>
>>33429033
Don't they use NidoranM?
>>
>>33429006
I say Bulbasaur. He's probably the most effective against Gym Leaders and the E4. Keep in mind though that Kanto has a ridiculous amount of Poison type trainers, and Bulbasaur somewhat struggles against those. This is mostly due to most of the Grass types in this game also being part Poison, and because the only Ghost type, Ghastly and it's evolutions, are part Poison also. AND Team Rocket uses predominately Poison types as well.

It's not THAT big of a deal, but you might find your Bulbasaur falling behind in levels because you constantly have your other Pokemon out to take out these Poison types that he can't.
>>
>>33429006
Charmander if you want the start of the game to be hard.
Bulbasaur if you want ez mode through the entire game.
Squirtle if you want to start off easy but have the game start to get harder after Brock.
>>
>>33429006
>no Arabomb
Fuck you!
>>
Charmander for RB
Squirtle for FRLG
>>
>>33429169
Bulbasaur isn't really ez mode as explained by >>33429147
>>
File: 1503240650291.jpg (9KB, 236x352px) Image search: [Google]
1503240650291.jpg
9KB, 236x352px
>>33429215
>No Blobbos
>>
>>33429006
Bulbasaur best base form, Charmander best overall.
>>
>>33429169
>Bulbasaur
>ez mode

You mean "I never fucking use him" mode?
He can only fuck up Bruno and then just stays around in your team as a placeholder.
>>
>>33429984
>he
>>
>>33429006
When I was a kid, playing Pokemon Blue for the first time, it took me a while to decide which starter to choose. I don't even think I knew what Venasaur looked like at the time.

I eventually chose squirtle because he was cute. I actually still have that Blastoise. I traded him over to gold/silver, then used a program to transfer him to Rub/Sapphire. Now he's on my HG/SS Rom
>>
Choose Bulbasaur, beat the first two gyms. Catch a Dugtrio, then sweep the rest of the game.
>>
>>33429006
I want to make her Bulbasaur Squirtle.
>>
By virtue of typing people think Bulbasaur is easy mode. I never really found that to be the case. Vine Whip is learned at level 13 unfortunately and only has 10 PP (note: level 13 applies in RGB). Not to mention there are a lot of Poison types in this game as >>33429147 mentioned. Even in FRLG I used Venusaur for a while, but it became less usable later. Not that it is bad by any means, but other Pokemon seemed to have done its job better. I think Sleep Powder is some high level 40s attack for Venusaur in Gen 1 games, I forgot. Almost always critting Razor Leaf is great though in RGB, and earlier evolution (level 32 vs level 36 for the other two) is also an edge it has over the other two. Unfortunately, it cannot learn Earthquake until FRLG (if you are playing that), and fighting things with 4x resistance to Grass is more common than not in this game.

I found Squirtle to really be the most versatile here. Misty is not much of a problem with the Mega Punch TM for coverage (or Bite in FRLG and that is a lot better), Lt. Surge can be covered by the Digletts or if you have a Sandshrew, or maybe even Grass mons. Erika's Grass types can fold to either a bird or a Fire type which you can catch in Route 8 (Vulpix in LG gets special mention for early Flamethrower and Safeguard). In terms of effectiveness I found Blastoise to be quite satisfactory in movepool and pretty balanced stats. You could teach it Earthquake if you would like, and Ice Beam or Blizzard (note: Blizzard had 90% accuracy in RGBY) can be of use to hit Grass types hard. And I was always the water guy so it was fun. Charizard just hits hard with Flamethrower generally, but it is a little tough raising it. Its natural learnset is not too good in RGB though.

But really, just pick your favourite.
>>
>>33430198
Oh right. It is not that important, but Venusaur is the only starter that will not show up on the Pokedex if you picked Charizard. I don't think there are any trainers that use Venusaur. There is a trainer with Charizard in Victory Road who uses the mid forms of the three starters + Charizard, and another Elite Trainer with Water type mons, including a Blastoise. Obviously if you picked Bulbasaur that would not be a problem, and if you picked Squirtle your rival will end up using him.
>>
>>33429006
I want her to squirtle on me.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.