[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Alola such a horsecockingly bad region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Alola.png (2MB, 974x687px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.png
2MB, 974x687px
Why is Alola such a horsecockingly bad region?
>>
>>33422834
Because GF are lazy and incompetent
>>
Pokeride Mudsdale's thick horsecock ride
>>
It's based on hawaii and missing 2 islands that Hawaii has
>>
Fixed progression path.
>>
>>33422840
>Because GF are lazy and incompetent

I can't wait for this meme to end when 8th generation of Pokémon come out.

we get to see new Pokémon in a new generation and forget all about this crap.
>>
>>33422834
incredibly small
incredibly linear
no water routes
hastily put together
>>33422852
we have known that GF has been lazy and incompetent since day 1
it's only going to get worse
>>
>>33422845
By those two islands are by clouds.
>>
>>33422834
Too small
Not enough variety for a tropical region
Too much water
>>
>>33422834
It literally feels like a vacation and not a classic journey like the rest of the games.
>>
>>33422862
>Too much water

I want IGN fan boys gone
>>
>>33422858
>we have known that GF has been lazy and incompetent since day 1
it's only going to get worse.

Lies.
>>
>>33422834
Gamefreak doesn't know how to efficiently make maps without a grid, so the areas feel cramped and small, and even dungeon areas are limited.
>>
Literally everything good about the game happened on Akala

All the other islands were so boring
>>
>>33422858
>>33422840
Incompetent yes, lazy no. Game freak is constantly working on new games an usually gets rushed by TPC, they work hard but they don't work smart.
>>
It's straight-lines ad cutscenes the game with a side of "you can't enter here".

USM is going to have to change a lot to fix the place.
>>
>>33422889
> how to efficiently make maps without a grid.

do you know how to?
dumbass
>>
>>33422898
Akala was a real nice point in the game where I had a few good pokemon, but I was still filling my team out.
>>
Barely better than Unova

Everything else >>>>> Alola > Unova
>>
>>33422879
not even water you can surf on either
it serves no purpose but to limit your exploration
>>
>>33422852
haha you're going to be really disappointed
>>
>>33422899
>lazy no

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33423001
I won't be since I only care about new Pokémon.
>>
>>33422834
Don't understand this complaint. It's the region with the most culture and personality of any previous region. It's probably tied with Hoenn and Sinnoh for being the most thought out regions in the series.
>>
>>33423011
look at the alola dex. you will be still disappointed.
>>
>>33423008
Great argument
>>
>>33423035
i wasn't looking to argue, fag
>>
>>33423033
I've been disappointed since XY.
That haven't me from getting excited over new Pokémon.

I never whined about anything Pokémon related before XY.

Lack of new Pokémon disappointed me.
That's it.
>>
>>33423052
people like you are the reason why gamefreak has been comfortable lowering their standards with every passing generation. because they know idiots like you will shell out their money no matter how garbage the game is.

but hey comfey and drampa! they're so cool right?
>>
>>33423052
Fuck off richard
>>
>>33423075
at least, I'm not jerk to Game freak.
>>
>>33422834
Because Hoenn did it better even if it was just a sub tropical region. Still it felt like an adventure

Its so disappointing that something that seemed like it could be the best adventure and region ever turned out to be so boring and empty
>>
>>33423052
>>33423172
fuck off richard
>>
>>33422834
Giant real-world roads everywhere
>>
>>33422877
Sadly it has been this way since gen V and it doesn't seem like it will be going away anytime soon.
>>
>>33422899
consireding they have to shit out a game in such short periods of time it's a miracle that the game are actually playable if a bit unoptimized
>>
>>33422834
>region is incredibly small; it's downright claustrophoic
>region is linear as fuck
>exploration is basically dead; little to no interesting locations to explore, and any location that could be interesting is extremely limited or just a showpiece
>in addition most areas are barebones and there's very few areas that deviate from the main path
>few towns and even fewer cities, but there's not enough routes to make up for it either
>despite being a network of islands, there's few to no water routes, and you can't swim between the islands
>too many empty buildings; towns suffer the most from this
>thanks to this, the region isn't populated at all: lowest region population since FRLG
>areas on the map you can't even access
>paved roads appear from nowhere and lead to nowhere, with no real purpose for their existence
>makes you question why there's even cars on the island if you can walk from one end to the other in 5 minutes tops
>roadblocks everywhere
>most of the areas feel bland or generic, or show promise but then fail on execution
It's really disappointing, too, because Hawaii as a region has a lot of fucking potential, but it's just wasted here. Honestly, the main reason I think USUM is going to suck is because the region itself needs a massive overhaul for the game to be good, and, well, we know that's not happening.
>>
The only part of the region with good level design holds your hand through its entirety, one part has decent level design but that's it, the rest of it has shit level design, and no good dungeons at all

also the tropics are shit
>>
I thought it was a great Region bogged down by scripted game progression.
>>
>>33425033
Pokemon suck too. The names are getting worse.
>>
>>33425149
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, but I will bring up another point: Who in the name of holy fuck was in charge of Pokemon distribution? Nobody fucking wants 1% or 5% encounter rates for native Pokemon.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.