[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interconnect Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon Baby Tier Evos.png (803KB, 1300x8420px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Baby Tier Evos.png
803KB, 1300x8420px
Hello anons, myself and another are trying to interconnect evolutionary families in a way similar to digimon, and then modify games/roms to use those evolutions. The general idea so far has been to split Pokemon into different tiers, and then make each Pokemon capable of evolving into a number of different possible Pokemon in the tier above.

In the image I've posted, the column to the left are the lowest-tier Pokemon, and the paired Pokemon to the right are potential 2nd tier evolutions for that Pokemon. (For example, Smeargle might evolve into Chimchar, Mankey, Timburr, Abra, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Eevee, Stunky, or Delibird).

This is a rough draft where I basically just put down any Pokemon I thought might make even a little bit of sense. But most Pokemon now have more evolutions than I'd like. I think for the first tier, it makes to sense to have an average of three options per Pokemon. So, I'd love critique on this so far, so I can weed out possible evolutions people dislike, or add any that I missed (ie, if you see another first-tier Pokemon evolving into one you think is also suited for another)
>>
Before I judge, how did you go about selecting the second tier for individual pokemon? Looks alone or were there stats invovled? I'm completely confused on the smeargle -> eevee one is why I'm asking.
>>
>>33419232
That's based entirely on them both being canine + versatile (Smeargle's Sketch + Eevee evolving eight different ways).

Pokemon tiers were based on base stat total, but then a few exceptions were moved around (Shedinja, various cocoon Pokemon, etc.) Choosing who might evolve into who is mostly appearance.
>>
>>33419092
Do you have any of the 3ds games? Homebrew free access is here
>>
>>33419310
There was another anon working on this that was planning on using pk3ds to set this up for XY and up. I'm planning on editing ROMs using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer.
>>
I think it would be better if you choose one Pokémon per animal family -starting with the baby Pokémon- and from them start to think wich one could evolve in other Pokémon.

sorry for the english(?)
>>
>>33419331
Cool. Which roms?
>>
>>33419340
Your English is fine. I thought of that, but the problem is there aren't always clear lines between animal families in Pokemon. For example, stuff like Whismur. But I may start moving things around once things get warmed up. For example, it might make more sense if Weedle/Caterpie/Wurmple were able to evolve into other "first-tier" Pokemon like Kricketot or Pineco just because bugs typically evolve early, and because there are so many weak ones.

>>33419345
I can edit any ROM the randomizer supports, which is all games between RBY and BW2.
>>
>>33419373
To Pokémon like Whismur that don't resemble any kind of animal, they could have Ditto as base. That could help with the others non-animal Pokémon.
>>
>>33419445
Sure, but then what would Whismur be grouped with to evolve into? Just moving everything into categories also lowers the potential for interesting movesets, vs if everything is interconnected.
>>
Ok then. If its mostly looks, I'll point out my opinions based on that. If I don't mention it, I have no strong opinions.

Smeargle: Cut out eevee, stunky, and delibird
Pichu: Why not plusle/minun?
Cleffa: Teddiursa's a bit of a stretch
Sentret: I'd include marill
Azumarill: Daru and cubone shouldn't be there.
Pooch: Perfection.
Pidove: Perfection.
Whis: Why cubchoo and teddiursa?
Lillipup: Iffy on cynd.
Litwick: Add charmander.
Kricketot: Add volbeat/Illumise
Wurmple: Add metapod/kakuna
Ledyba: Take away metapod/kakuna.
Diglett: Oh boy. Thats bad. Keep sandshrew, drilbur, and maybe spoink. I'd say add swinub, but thats tier one.
Sunkern: Only one I'm iffy on is snover.
Slugma: Add shellos
Igg: No teddiursa.
Wingull: Perfection.
Cher: No klink.
Surskit: Cascoon/silcoon are too much.
Ty: Perfect.
Combee: I really don't like any of those. Maybe just make a skip to a later tier with beedrill and other bugs?
Magikarp: No bagon or axew.
Happiny: No timburr. What is your deal with misplacing teddiursa?
Feebas: No bagon/axew
Slakoth: Love it.
Medi: Love it.
Rogg: Why is unnown tier 2?
Pet: You had sewaddle in tier 2 before, why not here?
Paras: Add joltik
Ekans: Add dratini.
Bonsly: Take away dwebble and voltorb. This absolutely has to have a later tier be exeggutor. Turtwig isn't bad here either.
Solosis: Tenta is too much.
Munna: Add spoink.
Zebstrika: No drowzee.
Foongus: No tenta.
Vulpix: No chimchar or Tepig.
Tympole: Love it.
Sandile: No deino.
Duskull: Add houndoom.

I might come back with other suggestions. That was a hell of a lot to take in at once.
>>
Duskull should also have cubone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.