[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Pokemon are ever racist (or speciest I guess in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1488382183620.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488382183620.png
9KB, 454x288px
Do you think Pokemon are ever racist (or speciest I guess in this case) to other Pokemon?
>>
Zangoose and Seviper?
>>
>>33415283
Pinsir is terrible when it comes to being nice towards fellow Pokémon. It's rivals with Scyther, Heracross, Vikavolt, and Electabuzz (IIRC).
>>
>>33415317
That's more of a blood feud
>>
>>33415283
Zangoose and Seviper

Shiinotic and Parasect

Basculin and Basculin
>>
>>33415360
You can add these too:

Durant and Heatmor
Surskit and Dewpider
Slowking and Oranguru (although this isn't exactly to the same degree)
>>
>>33415375
>you will never witness a chess match between a Slowking and Oranguru
feels bad
>>
File: Pokémon.full.484235.jpg (517KB, 690x780px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.484235.jpg
517KB, 690x780px
I read a fanfic with an oc trainer once that was surprisingly well written, and they actually touched on this. It was never brought up directly, but there were a few passing references to "psychic type supremacy" and the main character mentioned the phrase "go Team Payapa" a few times with a sort of fond remembrance. Payapa berries, if you don't remember offhand, weaken psychic attacks when held. It's implied something happened a few years ago; nothing as dramatic as a violent uprising, but more of like some long held tensions coming to a brief but probably violent head. None of this was shown firsthand, and most of the fic was actually pretty mellow, so it thankfully steered well clear of the grimderp that infests most pokemon fanfiction.
>>
File: 1477191454778.jpg (10KB, 166x164px) Image search: [Google]
1477191454778.jpg
10KB, 166x164px
>>33415978
Woah. How good was this fanfic?
>>
>>33416888
It was fun. The main character was an experienced, talented, but kind of washed out trainer somewhere in young adulthood who ends up mentoring a young hotshot trainer girl who thinks she's the hero of her own story. It kind of pokes fun at a lot of the common cliches- the girl seems to be something of a "chosen one", but we aren't told exactly why she's special, and she doesn't really understand that the world isn't like the stories she's read. At the same time though, the main guy is a bit repressed- he's not cruel, but all his training is focused on winning as efficiently as possible, and it's noted that he isn't actually very close with his team and he's given most of them away to other trainers by this point. He's still a nice guy who goes out of his way to help the girl, but he's kind of... lost the spark. Between the two of them, it's almost a subtle parody of the Karen and Smogon philosophies.

It's a deadfic now, unfortunately, and there were technically two versions, since the author rewrote it a few chapters in. The rewrite's noticeably better, I'd say, but the first one's worth reading as well. They're on the Spacebattles forums, OverUsed is the original, and Learnset is the rewrite. Go for the second one if you're going to just read one.

Does this work...?
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/learnset-pokemon-overused-rewrite.364072/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.