[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will the genwunnering stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: U13Ch1w.png (508KB, 407x629px) Image search: [Google]
U13Ch1w.png
508KB, 407x629px
please god, pokemon became cancer, SM and genwunner shit is the worst that could ever happen to pokemon.
>>
>>33412261
>>
>>33412261
GenWon*
ftfy
>>
>>33412261
Never. I wish it could, however.
>>33412268
Generation One is the worst generation in the entirety of Pokemon. The only good thing about it is that it started Pokemon off.
>>
File: sdgt.png (179KB, 476x248px) Image search: [Google]
sdgt.png
179KB, 476x248px
>>33412261
What do you have against SM? it looks so go...woops

I would cut the heads of those disgusting cosplay fags off.
>>
>>33412261
These are just people having fun with Halloween or some shit. What happened in your life to be so angry all the time?
>>
File: You2015-logo.svg.png (67KB, 2000x1460px) Image search: [Google]
You2015-logo.svg.png
67KB, 2000x1460px
>>33412272
>>
>>33412261
The anime only does actual genwun pandering like once every 5 years. Most of the time they literally ignore everything that happened before the current season.

Stop thinking the massive Kanto dicksucking from the games applies to the show.
>>
>>33412261
>tfw I uniconically enjoy the genwun pandering
get fucked
>>
>>33412282
>These are just people having fun
they destroying the already shitty pokemon image. pokemon go and all this genwunner shit is the reason why so many people hate pokemon, I can't tell to anybody that I love pokemon. Look at this cringe shit.
>>
>>33412295
Alright, fine, I'll admit it did have a few good designs. But beyond a few good designs and it being the start of Pokemon, it was pretty shit. Tons of glitches, trading required a cable, the story was an absolute snorefest.
>>
>>33412299
OP here, I don't even talk about the terrible anime, I'm not a braindamaged underaged retard.

I talking about the games. and SM was the worst of all games, I never had any problems with any of the core games till now.
>>
>>33412307
>the story was an absolute snorefest.
what story?
You collect badges
You defeat rockets in mt moon because they're in the way
You happen to wander into celadon hideout because they've got the poke flute.
You go to silph because a rocket is blocking the gym entrance
The first region with an actual story was Hoenn
>>
>>33412318
That's my point. The very little story in place (defeating Team Rocket, collecting badges) was insanely boring.
>>
>>33412261
Thats because Pokémon go
>>
>>33412261
The only reason nostalgiapandering exists is because of the faggot anime, it never should've existed. Without it there would be no normalfags latching onto the franchise and particularly gen 1, and no ceaseless Pikachu pandering.
>>
>>33412307
>Tons of glitches
Never had a problem with that.
>trading required a cable
It was 20 years ago you fucking underage they didn't have access to internet back then.
>the story was an absolute snorefest.
Team Rocket has the most realistic goal in a pokemon game and Blue is still the most memorable rival the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>33412329
If I'm not the chosen one saving the world from destruction from an evil team and the god Pokemon of death or whatever it's a shit story.
>>
It will never stop. Gen I pokemons are THE pokemons, it has always been like this and it will stay this way. They're the most marketable and the most recognizable, which makes people push it more, which makes them more marketable and recognizable etc. You can't break th cycle.
>>
>>33412318
Hoenn is beautiful.
>The Pokemon
>The Region
>The Story
>The Music
>Best legends
>Best Spinoff games ever made
>Introduced abilities
>Introduced natures
>Introduced double battles
>Protagonist had a father
>Competitive became great
>Huge tournaments around the world for the first time (besides the shitty genwun championship that was cringe as shit)
>>
File: 1351626924769.jpg (197KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1351626924769.jpg
197KB, 639x595px
>>33412343
>Protagonist had a father
It's ok Anon, I'm here for you.
>>
>>33412340
Thanks for proving the point for everyone that you retards are the real cancer aids.
>The Pokemons
>most marketable and recognizable
I know all the pokemon, just retarded genwunfucktards like you talk shit like this

Back to your pokemon go and mash on your phone screen you gay piece of fucking aids cancer shit.

Die and go to hell normie.
>>
>>33412364
>you gay piece of fucking aids cancer shit.
>normie
You must be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>33412261
The worst thing that happened to pokemon is being associated with the worst product of the entertainment industry, and the anime started long before the nostalgiafag pandering.

But yeah, the pandering should also stop.
>>
File: 8a077921497c628eca1f1729b2dfa14e.jpg (211KB, 1293x1500px) Image search: [Google]
8a077921497c628eca1f1729b2dfa14e.jpg
211KB, 1293x1500px
>>33412364
You are 100% right with this faggots, but extremely edgy anon.
>>
You guys do realize that a ton of Japanese game series give their first games a lot of fanfare? It's not a Pokemon-exclusive concept.

The closest you'll ever get to straying from Gen I formula is RSE and BW, and even in BW's case some new monsters follow Gen I Pokemon cliches (not design-wise, but rather how they're placed and used in-game). Even Gen II and IV have close ties to Kanto, with the former having Kanto as postgame/the second half depending on who you ask and the latter tying many older Pokemon into families and having the birds roam around.
>>
genwunners being crazy about pokemon is literall why they made more games get out of here sinnoh fetus.
>>
>>33412340
>literally prove that we are right about you genwunner-fags.
>THE pokemonS

hahahahahahahahah, are you wearing an ash-hat and play go on your phone?
And people wonder why Korea will nuke us.
>>
>>33412392
OP here,
I play since RBY and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you.

Stop this shitty meme and see the facts, the real pokemon fans hate the genwunnering while only the idiots that even replay the original on the gameboy for the nostalgiagsm are the real problem and the main reason why pokemon become worse and worse.
>Only the "original" 150 pockemons are good, all the others are fake and look like digimons
>I luv charisord it looks like a dragon
>pikashoow is sooooo cute
>I feel sorry for the kids today, look how good the old designs are, a pokemon ball, a piece of pruple shit and some eggs, and don't forget the magnet, sooo cool.
>>
>>33412413
You sound underage though
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 232x218px
>>33412413
I literally just saw comments like this on facebook.
The cringe is real.
>>
>>33412421
Maybe I sound "underaged" for you because I'm not a native speaker, my English is not the best, but I try.
How many languages do you speak, anon?
>>
Plenty of franchises have their "golden era" of tropes and popularity that carry the series. For Pokemon it is obviously Gen 1. For Zelda it was Ocarina. Mario is World or 64. Final Fantasy 7. These are usually pretty obvious.

The same thing happens in other industries. Look at Power Rangers. Look at Ninja Turtles. Look at "pro" wrestling, arguably. Comic book superheroes. When things become iconic it's almost impossible to usurp their popularity, regardless of quality.
>>
>>33412431
>being this assravaged about other people enjoying the games that changed the world

Just go play Yokai Watch, faggot
>>
File: IMG_5474.jpg (72KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5474.jpg
72KB, 625x626px
>>33412295
(You)
>>
>>33412261
Dumb baby
>>
>>33413276
this post doesn't even make sense kid
>>
>>33412261
Genwunning is the act of posting online that gen 1 was the only real gen of pokemon and only focusing on that. What you're thinking of is gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>33412329
realistic≠good
it's like people who say a film being gritty makes it better.
I'm replaying yellow right now, there's no character. The game, while fundementally still a pokemon game, is still slow and lacks diversity or selection and because the region is so circular in the middle, the level grind hits hard mid way through. Its still fun, still pokemon, but it's aged like milk. It's okay to say the things you grew up with aren't as great as you remember and the series has improved 10 fold in almost every area.

Also, Blue is hardly like people remember, he's even kinda nice at times. He's a rival, not some savage asshole. Comes off like an ignored kid that is your friend but at times is jealous. People get way too nostalgic. It surprised me how similar he is to characters like hau, even though he's cheerful, he still has family issues and uses his friend to try to get stronger, ultimately failing.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.