[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 45

File: sivally.jpg (114KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
sivally.jpg
114KB, 496x693px
Old >>33380291

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/XDU1wEnz

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges to get 45 free packs (use Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games)
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
This is the only card I need
>>
Anyone play with Marshadow? I find it a lot of fun especially in Expanded when you can use Battle Compressor. Get JolteonEX, GlaceonEX, and Clefairy and the versatility is amazing.
>>
Where can I see the list of cards in the online game right now?
>>
>>33409537
Go to collection and check "show cards that you don't own" or something like that
>>
>>33409464
Hey guys, I haven't been into Pokemon cards since I was a kid and I want to get back into it. What kind off packs should I buy? I'm not looking to get into the competitive aspect of it yet, I kinda just want to collect cool cards.
>>
>>33409577
Double Crisis and Sun&Moon have good and consistent art
>>
File: JUST.png (4KB, 338x48px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
4KB, 338x48px
>there are people posting in this thread who bought this card at 10+ packs
>>
>>33409652
It was that good during SM1 meta
>>
>>33409652
there are? woah.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (28KB, 214x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
28KB, 214x300px
I can't wait to get that card!
>>
>>33409794
Forest of Giant Plants, man. It was a world championship card until that disappeared.
>>
>>33409606
>SM
That's where the art of FAs flopped.

If you >>33409577 want sets with REALLY cool art, buy Legendary Treasures, any HGSS set Double Crisis and Generations.
>>
>>33409909
K thanks m8.
>>
So, i've been having lots of fun online with this deck, winning about 50% of the time.

Any suggestions to try and make it better?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Talonflame STS 96
* 1 Kricketot BKP 5
* 3 Weedle EVO 5
* 1 Weedle PRC 1
* 4 Kakuna EVO 6
* 4 Beedrill EVO 7
* 1 Mew-EX LTR 139

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 N DEX 96
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 12

* 10 Grass Energy Energy 1
* 2 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
File: rainbow force.png (753KB, 934x536px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow force.png
753KB, 934x536px
how good will Rainbow Force be after rotation? Also, what can I use to replace the Memes? I was thinking on a 2:2 Octillery but then I would have to take out another card. I know that vs Seeker and Lys are leaving standard soon, I could play expanded for a while.

I netdeck'ed it from here http://www.pokegoldfish.com/deck/4018#paper
>>
So... in making a meme just to get my evo daily challenges off, I made something really fun.

Victini/Inceniroar.

Any ideas what else I could do to this cancerous abomination?
>>
File: rainbow memes.png (727KB, 903x560px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow memes.png
727KB, 903x560px
>>33410550
RR is dead in standard more or less due to no sky field. You need Volc/Galvantula/Bisharp and a Xerneas benched to hit the numbers you need (you can still hit 240 on turn 2 if you get a perfect start but the conditions for that are way rarer). Consistency is a massive issue, the deck was always shittier than megaray because of that .

You lose a lot of the old tech cards that made the deck successful like Flygon-EX, Genesect-EX is particularly annoying because ever since tool removal came back you can't protect your float stones to prevent getting lysandre fucked which is very common in this deck due to the large number of basics you need to run.

RR is actually pretty good in expanded with Darkrai though. It's very hard to keep the bench down with Darkrai/Eggy/Ho-oh all pulling themselves from discard. Even if they parallel you (and nobody runs that card anymore) you go down to 3 types on the bench and pull the others back up to get back to 6
>>
>>33410668
Next meme. Alolan Dugtrio/Klinklang
>>
>>33410861
Next meme, Beedrill aggro, technically a worse Passimian!
>>
Is there anywhere where I can play old-school Pokemon TCG online? Like, before the retarded power-creep and the stupid "EX" stuff and similar things ruined the game.
>>
>>33411263
Back when Haymaker was the party killer uh
>>
File: DMGMegane.png (740KB, 1000x1273px) Image search: [Google]
DMGMegane.png
740KB, 1000x1273px
>>33411263
Man, this sure is a familiar shitpost
>>
>>33411263
Buy cards from base set 1 - the last set from gen 2, build many decks for you and your friends and that's it. The "EX/Pokémon with high HP bullshit" started in the 3rd generation and will never stop.
>>
>>33411308
That sucks, though. These would be hard to find and most of my friends probably wouldn't be very interested in playing.
>>
>>33411313
乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
>>
>>33411263
tabletop simulator.

Alternately, just play theme.
>>
>>33411263

>retarded power creep
>high power basics were the meta of Base Set
>high power basics were the meta up until a year or two ago

fuck off. you don't true true kino TCG unless you played during the DP to HGSS era. Black and White with it's grand return of Gust of Wind was cancerous.
>>
>>33411263
https://tcgone.net/index.php
>>
>>33411263

>power creep

yeah i miss when games were decided by who ran the most energy denial.
>>
>>33411356
How is it different from the online game?
>>
>>33411393
There's a "Carrier mode" where you earn coins to buy packs and cards and a "Free mode" where you can make your own deck and play with others

In the carrier mode you start with the very first booster
>>
File: CutieflyCollectionSun41[1].jpg (143KB, 748x1044px) Image search: [Google]
CutieflyCollectionSun41[1].jpg
143KB, 748x1044px
>>33411313
print proxies my dude.

Additionally, power didn't creep so much as the numbers got more granular. They just expanded the upper end so they had more increments between biggest and smallest; 30-160 instead of 30-120. It was an intentional change and happened after the transfer from Wizards of the Coast.

There are technically things higher than that, but anything above that gives two prizes when knocked out, meaning they are incredibly costly to lose. They pay dearly for those numbers. Standard max for a basic twoprizer is 180. Standard max for a stage 1 twoprizer is 210. Standard max for a stage 2 twoprizer is 250. Basically, it's the normal progression +70ish. Megas are treated as about a stage 1.5, losing the turn they evolve nets them that equivalent .5 stage stat boost.
In short, EX/GXs have big numbers because they essentially count as two pokemon. Many simply aren't worth running because of it.

As an opposing point to your alleged powercreep, the trainers have actually gotten significantly weaker. Lysandre is Gust of Wind but a Supporter (1 per turn). Professor Oak is now Sycamore, a Supporter. Computer Search was made an Ace Spec (1 per deck). Energy Removal is now Crushing Hammer and requires a coin flip. Devolution Spray now only goes down one stage.

>>33411357
lol just play Sylveon Control then.
>>
>>33411308
>>33411263
I just hit a winstreak of 9 using a deck that's nothing but normal passimians and normal mews.
The majority of my wins came down to trading single prize 50 HP mews for their 2 prize EX/GXs that take way too many turns to set up.

EX/GXs ain't crap. Just flashier. And more fun to pull of the bench and snipe.
>>
Just won my first tournament and got 2x Burning Shadows and 1 XY Breakpoint, what do with them
>>
What Pokemon deck can beat full power Zoodiac feat Fusion Substitute + Norden pre Link format?
>>
>>33411487
I might give it another chance. Is the online game balanced right now, though? Are there tons of old cards that are just weaker versions of new ones? Are cards balanced in the sense that there isn't one that is just better than the other with no drawbacks(i.e how the original super potion healed more than the potion, but had you remove one energy as a drawback)?
>>
>>33411600
DO NOT OPEN.
Trade for things you want, or use them to get things to flip and grow your pack cash stash, THEN use the bigger stash to trade for what you want.
>>
>>33411606
all of them because it wouldn't be able to start with a pokemon so it would auto lose as the game starts
>>
>>33411625
I can't think of any "objectively betters" in Standard off the top of my head. Extended has some, but of course it does, the same is true for MtG's Modern. There are several subjectively betters, most people wanna run Sycamore rather than Tierno because discarding your hand often isn't as bad as the extra four cards would be good.
But I still see both in use. For some decks, it matters.

As for balance, it's better than it has been in a long while. Pro scene is seeing a lot of Garbodor just because we're coming out of an item heavy meta, but at online versus ladder level I see all kinds of things on a regular basis.

Here's what I'm gonna say. Go on PTCGO and play Theme. It's the closest to the way you're probably used to playing. No EX/GXs, and a three-way split between pokemon, trainers, and energy. Complete the singleplayer, play some Versus ladder. Buy additional theme decks along the way with the tokens you get for variety also free packs.

If you like that and decide you want to try Standard, then you've got a bunch of tokens and free packs to start with from playing Theme all that time.

That's what I did. Started playing the old gameboy color game and feeling nostalgic, then played Theme because I craved more and it was really similar. Now I'm working on building a deck for Standard.
>>
>>33411263
Gotta love "I don't understand therefore it's bad" posts, you're like a bitter soccer mom.
>>
>>33411718
if you don't know what's mechanically different, so all you see is bigger numbers, then yeah, you're gonna react like this.

Literally anyone used to the old wizards of the coast base set kind of stuff has this reaction at first. I know I did.
It's not until you play it enough to learn the system that you truly experience the wisdom in the changes.
>>
>>33411606
>>33411662
Hmm. Okay, in the spirit of fairness, we treat 4stars as basics. 5-6 stars as a Stage 1. 7+ stars as a stage 2. What is tribute summoning but evolving that puts the base card in the graveyard instead of under it?
What now? It's still a deck with no energy.
>>
>436 games played
>43 upset wins

10%? Really?
>>
>>33411807
Not what that means. An upset win is a win that you were up against someone who had the advantage.
>>
Can someone explain me the difference between standard, legacy and expanded?
>>
>>33411487
honestly the only thing that pissed me off was the decision to make evolved EX's basic pokemon (I believe this started in BW). But they seem to be phasing it out with GX replacing EX
>>
>>33413643
standard is only the most recent card, burning shadows up to breakthrough( it start next week)
expanded is up to black and white
and legacy is I think up to HGSS
>>
>>33413643
Standard - cards in current rotation
Expanded - Black & White-onwards
Legacy - HeartGold & SoulSilver and Black & White expansions
>>
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Litten SUM 24
* 2 Torracat SUM 25
* 4 Incineroar-GX SUM 27
* 3 Torchic PRC 26

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
* 4 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 20

* 20 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

My first serious deck

judge it based on its skincolour
>>
>>33414243
>Birchs observations
Oh god why.
Use sycamore instead. Add some N's as well. Scorched earth might be useful, field blower, rescue stretcher etc. Also the fire Oricorio can be good in this deck, its first attack lets you set up your bench quickly for hustling strike.
>>
File: 1503717587968.png (129KB, 900x853px) Image search: [Google]
1503717587968.png
129KB, 900x853px
>>33414243
>serious
>useless Torchic
>20 energy cards
>running Birch's Observation but not Sycamore
>using tons of cards that will be rotating from standard in 3 days
>not even running the Victini meme
>serious
2/10, your trainer base is at least somewhat passable.
>>
>>33409712
ELO means nothing for grinding, and if anything is the worst possible thing for grinding purposes. The point of genting was to win as fast as possible. I am talking 10 second games, only fast wins.Occasionally you go up against some non genter and then just shiftrry gust them in 2 minutes for a win. Sure you lose plenty of times as well. But it was so incredibly lucrative that you can finish the OLD rewards ladder in 2-3 hours if you played mostly genters. Imagine an average game being 10 minutes. You are looking at almost 2 hours of playing just to get 10 wins with NO LOSES.

>>33409743
It happens but its not something that is common. doesnt hurt to put up a trade anyways. not 1 pack for lele, but 20ish packs could go through

>>33411600
>>33411628
He is going to open them. They always open them.
>>
>>33414243
why the fuck are you playing expanded if this is your first deck? Doesn't anyone read this shit anymore.

>New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

As outdated as it is, it still covers the absolute basics. Like why you should start playing in Standard where there are only nine and a half expansion worth of cards (like 1000) compared to Expanded having all of those, plus 3-fucking-thousand more. Or why you shouldn't have 20 energy in your deck ever.

Convert this to a standard deck and you might stand a chance of getting 50/50 winrate against the children, bots and people on your ELO level. You will be smoked by the pace of Expanded decks with this clunky shit, get frustrated, and drop the game.
>>
File: 1503632142104.jpg (27KB, 327x294px) Image search: [Google]
1503632142104.jpg
27KB, 327x294px
>>33415101
>implying anyone ever reads the OP
To be fair, the "New?" image is going to need to be updated very soon for rotation.
>>
>>33414521
the useless torchic is a twice a turn discard a fire draw two cards.

Definitely does need victini.

Personally I'd swap a lot of those energy with energy retrievals and super rods.

Also add scorched earth for even more drawpower.
>>
>>33415221
But why would you ever run that Torchic (which is rotating, btw) over Scorched Earth, which is a stadium that does the same thing without the risk of giving a prize? The extra chance to draw two cards? Not worth it.
>>
>>33415262
It's four cards for two energy a turn to scorched earth's 1 for 1. It has omega barrage.

Mind you, you can't use them until the next turn, because they're drawn via an attack, but I can see a use.
>>
>>33415274
scorched earth gives 2 cards for 1 energy same as the torchic
>>
>>33415121
we had one updated for at least Guardians Rising but some idiot swapped us back to the old one.

I'm having trouble finding it in the archives due to all the other imgur links from people wanting to fap to waifus.
>>
What are you fliping right now? I've been fliping pika packs for the last couple days but I ran out of coins, I have like 20 BUS and idk what to do with them
>>
>>33410293
So, is that bad?
I'm thinking of removing a Kakuna and adding another Mew.

It can be tricky to set up all 4 beedrills fast, but so far is kinda working.
So far as long as i have at least 2 by turn 2 i'm ok, anything less than that and i'm dead.
>>
>>33415465
Been Flipping Pikas for Talonflames and then those for packs like someone suggested. It's wokring just a bit slow. But it works.
>>
>>33415637
how much pika for a talonflame? and
how much talonflame for a GRI or a BUS?
thanks
>>
File: Untitled.png (1012KB, 1356x743px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1012KB, 1356x743px
How much do you think that card worth in BUS or GRI?
>>
>>33415747
You MIGHT be able to get one for it. Maybe.
>>
File: colress.gif (205KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
colress.gif
205KB, 426x240px
>>33415630
>>33410293
If it was that bad you'd have a dozen angry shitposts about it. It seems alright, but because it requires a 2-stager instead of basics it's basically a slightly worse version of Passimian/Mew. Your trainer base could definitely see some improvement. There's no point in Evosodas AND Wally when you're running Rare Candies and Kakunas, I would even recommend going down to 2 Kakuna. Ninja Boy is pointless. Exp. Share is pointless. Acro bike is just clutter. 2 Revitalizers and 2 stretchers seems like overkill, but you NEED those Beedrills so I think that's alright. Maybe also add another Field Blower. Beedrill is still pretty easy to one-shot, but you could consider including some Aether Paradise in your list to soften the blows on your bugs.
You should just build Passimian/Mew instead since it's more reliable and you can snag everything you need with Nest Balls.
>>
>>33415941
>>33415630
I also forgot to mention you should really add some Choice Bands to help boost your damage.
>>
so what about the mobile app, they said they are going to do?
>>
>>33416035
it's out now for android. You can't download it on the play store unless you're on a tablet, but if you get an APK file and install it it works fine
>>
>>33416050
there already was an app for tablets.

But I thought they are gonna revamp it same with ptcgo and make it mobile like hearthstone, shadowverse, yugioh duellinks?
>>
>>33416086
again, the tablet app will install on mobile if you do it manually. It works just fine I have no idea why they say "tablet only"
>>
>>33416259
ok, but I was talking about the announcement where they are going to make a mobile tcg game.
>>
>>33416353
Its super easy to dl it to your phone you god damned moron
>>
>>33416762
He's not asking about getting the current game onto his phone. A while ago TPCi said they were working on an entirely new mobile TCG game, presumably something more on par with Duel Links, a simpler, quicker version of the game.
>>
why does everyone just play the same 2-3 decks :/
>>
>>33416906
Because the game is designed with archetypes in mind, chase cards and filler, and the ones you see over and over are proven to be good.

However, you are exaggerating due to some kind of gambler's fallacy. There are at least 12 or so decks that are quite popular right now, which is as healthy a metagame as we've seen in a long time. Add to that the crazy shit you see online and there's a whole lot of variety.

Just be glad it's not Nightmarch v anti-Nightmarch. Or Shiftry v anti-Shiftry. Or Mewtwo wars.
>>
>>33416906
Because they are good. You either play the meta or play a deck strong enough to beat the meta, then that deck becomes meta.
>>
>>33416991
>Gard, Garb, Volc
>12 decks
>>
Until I save up to get a couple Lele's I've been testing this. It's fun and works well. Any suggestions to spruce it up?
>>
File: Deck.png (779KB, 1038x654px) Image search: [Google]
Deck.png
779KB, 1038x654px
>>33417122
Whoops wrong pic
>>
>>33416259
It's because everything is really small on a phone.
>>
File: RING OF FIRE.png (1MB, 1361x863px) Image search: [Google]
RING OF FIRE.png
1MB, 1361x863px
>>33417128
Seems pretty good, but I suggest one less Brooklet Hill and 1-2 more Kiawe, especially since you don't have the Leles yet. You have 4 Sycamore, 4 N, and Kiawe should be your first-turn supporter so do you really need any Lillie at all? Otherwise, add another Fury Belt/Choice Band and another Ho-oh. I really like Ho-oh for this deck because it can 1-shot Garde with a Choice Band and a single Steam Up, even if it is susceptible to a counter KO without Fury Belt.
My list has the Leles, but it's basically the same thing you're building.
>>
>>33414123
>>33414129
Which format is the most balanced overall? I assume that Standard, given the power creep?

Are there many pokemons that aren't in standard format?
>>
>>33417252
Balanced in what way? Expanded has the most viable decks but also the most bullshit decks. Legacy has a completely stale meta that will never, ever change.
>>
>main Volcanion
>all the fire support from SM2 and SM3 gives me my dream Fire Toolbox deck
>Gardevoir GX happens in SM3
>for 1 (one) energy they can 2HKO my Volcanion EX that has 2-3 energy on it
>can basically only trade prizes if my bench is set up
>only saving grace is that you can only run 4 Guzma
>Lusamine gets announced for SM4

How the fuck am I supposed to fight Gardevoir with Volcanion or Matchbox?
>>
>>33417249
You know what Kiawe's uncommons are worth? I would assume a pack for three (I only have one) is fair.

And yeah I've been hitting people hard when Kiawe gets played. So I wanted to add another.

Lillie is pretty good for draw power early on, regardless of first turn and I've actually never gotten to use Ho-oh/Turt yet, so I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.
>>
File: 2017-08-29.png (1MB, 1434x806px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-29.png
1MB, 1434x806px
New player, I'm quite happy playing this deck and it was fairly cheap just looking to improve it at this point

Also rotation change suggestions
>>
File: xQgkZy3.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
xQgkZy3.png
9KB, 160x160px
When does the new rules apply online? Next friday?

Also what are the most important cards that rotate besides Shaymin, FOGP and VS Seeker?
>>
>>33417506
Hoopa EX, Lysandre, Professor's Letter, and Trainer's Mail.

I think, also of note but a bit more niche (off the top of my head) are Sky Field, Rough Seas, Rayquaza, and Lugia.
>>
>>33417506
https://www.reddit.com/r/pkmntcg/comments/6mx3nc/important_cards_leaving_standard_20172018/

>ib4 Le Reddit xD
>>
>>33417128
Literally my moms Leleless Volcanion deck.
>>
Anyone have a Talonflame/Aerodactyl list for expanded?
>>
>>33417019
..and Metagross, Greninja, Ho-oh/Salazzle, Golisopod, Vika/Bulu, Ninetails builds, Darkrai variants, Decidueye, and the other three popular builds that have Garb in. And that's just the ones that are semi competitive. Not to mention the less competitive one that still pop up often online - Koko, Alolan Muks, Lapras, other waterbox, rando fighting builds, Solgaleo stuff, Sylveon, Typhlosion and many other lesser memes.

Like what the fuck do you want here? Just something to bitch about it seems. Are you really surprised the top two decks from Worlds feature more often than most? This is the healthiest meta in years. If you can't see or appreciate that, you should get out before it stagnates again.
>>
>>33417559
>Hoopa EX
Reprinted as a promo, gonna be sticking around.
>Professor's Letter
Reprinted in Breakthrough.
>>
>>33417614
literally no one plays any of those decks online
>>
>>33417575
>Vileplume

bye fucking bye!
>>
>>33417455
a thin Octillery line for draw power would be better than the Hitmonchan. Since you have the Brooklet hill anyway. Would supllement the Scorched Earth or fill in for times you have the other stadium active. I suppose you need a decent non-EX attacker but is that really Hitmonchan?

Apart from that, swap out the Lysandre for Guzma. You could stand to lose the Hammer if you wanted space for say, one copy of Energy Keeper Carbink.
>>
File: 1490740742135.jpg (18KB, 367x271px) Image search: [Google]
1490740742135.jpg
18KB, 367x271px
>>
>>33417674
Hitmonchans my favorite mon and yeah I know hes not great but its the only deck where he kinda does something. I will pop in the octillery and the guzama

thanks!
>>
>>33417695
and obviously once you can afford them, Leles for days.
>>
>>33417619
Oh damn you're right. I completely forgot about the Hoopa tin.
>>
File: 1479812146158.jpg (11KB, 291x301px) Image search: [Google]
1479812146158.jpg
11KB, 291x301px
>>33417578
your mother has good taste!
>>
>>33417650
Don't worry, the'll print another Pokémon with an ability that enables item lock. It's just matter of time.
>>
File: 1501684695412.png (113KB, 549x669px) Image search: [Google]
1501684695412.png
113KB, 549x669px
>>33417420
Ho-oh GX or Turtonator GX. Ho-oh's not an ideal answer because without a Fury Belt it's pretty easy to 1-shot back but it can hit 240 damage fairly easy. Turtonator only hits for 160 (220 with a choice band and one steam up) but discarding energies means Garde's counterswing won't be as brutal and you can potentially Floatstone/Switch to something that will finish the job. There's really no concrete answer to Garde yet which is stupid, but those options are better than nothing and there's still more sets to be released.
>>33417442
You could easily get a playset for a pack. I definitely recommend trying to use Pika Packs instead of card packs though.
>>33417762
Garbotoxin Garb is still a thing post rotation.
>>
>>33417846
>tfw I forget what Garbotoxin does
Whoops.
>>
What can I get for darkai GX? Idk what to trade it for
>>
>>33418012
~5 Guardians Rising packs. Then trade those for stuff you want/cards to flip. There is a price guide in the OP and someone linked this the other day, it should really be added there too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c1f_CdC_RIlzz_JMfFjBQmfZmgUXjkBlE86EzcJQOI0/edit#gid=1768215359
>>
File: Aerodactyl.png (837KB, 998x613px) Image search: [Google]
Aerodactyl.png
837KB, 998x613px
>>33417604
My nigga.
>>
Okay, new player here.

Just finished the trainer challenge, got all the packs, and managed to win one versus with a crappy elec/psy deck.

Now what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>33418261
Lose until you decide to spend some money for Leles
>>
>>33418261
>play ladder
>play events
>flip cards to make a nice deck
>DON'T open packs tradables
>>
>>33417636
I face them constantly. Heck, I personally play at least three of them. What are you on about?
>>
have a code, hope it gives someone something nice
>>
>>33418059
these prices don't seem right..?
what is he basing these off of?
>>
>>33418261
Buy pikachu avatar costume packs with your tokens, trade them for Mew/Garbodor/Talonflame/Greninja/Volcanion/Etc. then trade those for tradable packs.

Then use the tradable packs to grab your deck parts, or try to keep flipping them for more packs.

>>33418289
Don't listen to this guy, I have non lele and still win most matches. Mind you, I also regularly crash my ELO with completing evolution daily challenges.

Speaking of daily challenges, at Lvl 16, the packs you get from the 3pt challenges are tradable. I would make that a goal to reach as well.
>>
>>33418354
Beats me, I assume off of averages on trade offers. Seems fairly consistent with the ou7c4st guide, so I've been referencing both when I make my trades.
>>
>>33418261
Have you read OP pastebin/imgur, thus know the proper proportions of a competitive deck?

If so, work on making one. Play Theme VS in the mean time unless your Psy/Elec deck is actually halfway decent.

There are several budget decks to choose from if you want to just netdeck.

Garbodor, Greninja Break, Passimian, Volcanion,Typhlosion, and Golduck are all pretty cheap.
>>
>>33418347
Are you sure you posted the code correctly? Pops up as invalid when I enter it.
>>
>>33418390
what the rate of pikapack to talonflame/greninja/etc? 1:1?
>>
>>33418450
already taken
>>
>>33418462
But I'm not getting the "already redeemed" message, I'm getting one that it's completely invalid, like it's not even a proper code.
>>
>>33418475
I got that too until I put the code in capital letter, then it's says code already redeemed
>>
>>33418487
That's... bizarre. I've never had that happen with any other pack. Oh well.
>>
>>33418487
I've never heard of case sensitive codes before.
>>
>>33418488
>>33418490
Me neither, that was weird.
>>
>>33418418
It has Espeon as like 2/3 of a pack and Garbodor as 1/3 of a pack. There are some serious differences.

>>33418450
>>33418347
Same

>>33418456
that's what's been working with me
>>
>>33418585
You also should check the dates next to the prices, it lists the last time they were updated. Garb and Espeon haven't been updated since before worlds.
>>
>>33418585
and after that how many talonflame/etc for a GRI?
>>
>>33418627
1:1
You're upcharging by about half a pack of buying power.
>>
>>33418658
thanks a lot man, another question, talonflame I guess is the ability one, greninja the water shiruken one?, garabor must be the fucking pokemon in discard pile attack? which other cards a good to trade like that?
>>
>>33418684
>talonflame I guess is the ability one
Yes.
>greninja the water shiruken one?
The Greninja with Shadow Stitching and free retreat.
>garabor must be the fucking pokemon in discard pile attack?
Yes, that Garbodor.
>which other cards a good to trade like that?
Baby Volcanion, Zoroark BRK but is almost dead right now. If you have some packs you can buy Octillery for 1 pack and sell for 3 packs.
>>
>>33418868
Is it better to trade the holo, the reverse-holo or the normal?
>>
>>33418925
The reverse holo/foil usually has 1.5 of the value. The normal cards works right.
>>
>>33418942
thanks man, If you're the same anon since the start, you're the best.
>>
>>33411771
>Pokemon attacks
>Flip Mirror Force
>Lose your entire field
>>
File: 1500911240380.png (168KB, 617x443px) Image search: [Google]
1500911240380.png
168KB, 617x443px
>try to play PTCGO for daily boxes
>opponent draws literally everything they need
>draw 9 out of 12 energies and virtually nothing else
>three games in a row
I'm really fucking tired of this shit.
>>
I don't believe this shit.

I won thrice with a crappy deck.

Uh, what are essential cards for a elec/psy deck? Or any deck in general?
>>
>>33419126
While it might just be bad luck, if this is a consistent problem and you have no way to solve it several turns in, most likely your deck needs tuning. Post your decklist.

>>33419137
Depends on the deck. What is your core/main attacker/support?
>>
>>33418354
apparently based off Roaring Skies which are .75 : 1. Guessing he had a stock of Roaring Skies which he uses to test prices now.
>>33418456
1:1 ratios. Dont expect it to work 100% of the time. For the lurkers, make your own offers always.
>>33418627
You can do 4 Galewing Talonflame for 2-3 BUS. Undercuts most other offers and the babbys like getting the full playset because they dont like waiting for the server to load. Presumably because of Disney giving them austism. GRI is much harder to get and will fail too often in my experience. So switch it up if you get frustrated.
>>33418925
Make an offer for non foil/non reverse first. Then if you have the tokens another offer for 1 reverse foil. Sometimes those work. In general talon flame and trashlanche go through foil and non foil. The idea is that many people have 1 garb or talon flame foil or non foils. but they dont have the full set, so if you offer a chest and heck a pika pack they take it. its why single offers like that work, they target a large group of the players.
>>33419126
Yeah same. Scoop up it turn 2 (so you dont get flagged by the system) if it is not looking favorable. No reason to play a 20 minute game when all you want is a mystery box. Also dont play for all 5 boxes. Just the first 3 mystery boxes. Not worth it unless you can get super fast wins.
>>33419137
New player? If so your elo is low and will steam roll most the people in your bracket. Eventually you will face meta. Enjoy it while it lasts because it makes grinding into a 20 minute game snooze fest.
>>
>>33419137
Just post the deck
>>
>>33419151
It's a standard Volcanion deck. I played yesterday and had a 6 streak and it operates just fine. The randomizer in this game is just rigged, I swear.
>>
>>33419159
##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Furfrou BKP 95
* 2 Spearow ROS 65
* 2 Fearow ROS 66
* 2 Stufful GRI 112
* 2 Bewear GRI 113
* 2 Pikachu BKT 48
* 2 Raichu XY 43
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 2 Cosmoem SUM 65
* 2 Lunala GRI 61

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 2 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Steven ROS 90
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 2 Tierno BKP 112
* 1 Winona ROS 96
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Shauna FAC 111
* 2 Hau SUM 120
* 1 N FAC 105
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93

##Energy - 15

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 11 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

YES, I am aware the cards are subpar. Like I said. New player. Use lube when critiquing.
>>
>>33419189
get 2 of the lugia EX's from vs rewards and throw them in
>>
>>33419157
>For the lurkers, make your own offers always.
not a native english speaker, what do you means by that?
>>
best grass theme deck for doing today's daily challenge?
>>
>>33419227
Dont scroll the public trade hoping for a good offer to pop up. Just make your own public offer, and then wait. Make your trades before you play some games, before tournaments before you sleep. 10 minutes can get that lele gx eventually.
>>
File: spvrtzZ.png (971KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
spvrtzZ.png
971KB, 1600x1081px
>>33419157
I lost all three of those games trying to get the first box. I only ever play for the three, been lurking long enough to know that, but jesus fucking christ I am tired of my opponent literally having the answer for everything I do while I have been struggling to even set up properly since turn one, multiple games in a row. It feels incredibly stacked.
.>>33419189
Don't make decks out of theme decks. They are almost never good. Just play Theme VS and Ticket Tournaments until you can build something from a template because then you'll have at least one decent deck. After that you can experiment and deckbuild all you like. You could potentially turn this into a Circle Circuit deck if you got more Sky Fields and Raichu, but those cards are rotating from Standard on the first of September so you'll have to play Expanded where there are a lot more cards to deal with.
>>33419227
It means to post your own trades for cards on PTCGO. Do not take the public offers, they are rarely fair.
>>
>>33419252
>>33419263
ok yeah that what I was doing
>>
>>33419263
I play trevenant and I face endless amounts of dark decks. past 50 games only faced 3 night march decks. about half were dark the rest were trev mirrors and toad mostly. I have had my opponent have multiple guzma, lysandre in hand, the ultra ball into shaymin and draw every energy/dce and hit their max elixir or dark/aqua patch. Had 6 games in a row with my 1 necrozma prized. Had 5 games in a row with shaymin ex as the start. Its something I just accept. Dont play those games out. Its never worth it for box grinding. If you draw the worst hand just scoop it up turn 2.
>>
>>33419161
I have never once had a complaint of too many energy while playing volcanion. You can end up burning as many as 5 a turn. I have, like, the exact opposite problem all the time.

>>33419189
Looks like you just meshed together the best parts of Crushing Current and Hidden Moon.

Remove Hau, Shauna, and Tierno, replace with 4 Sycamore and 4 N. Trust me.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of synergy between any of these pokemon. I'd drop the furfrou and spearow line for either something that gets more mon on the bench, thereby speeding up raichu (in which case 4 sky field), or something that helps get energy on Lunala.

Personally, I'd go with
12 Pokemon
----
4-4 Raichu Line
4 Alolan Vulpix,
Trainers
----
some number of Bridgette and nest balls
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Rescue Stretcher
Maybe some Energy Lotto or Max Elixir to try to blitzkreig? You're frail but can really deal some damage at full speed. Hopefully donk first couple of turns.
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
1 Special charge, just in case
1 Team Mates, just in case
4 Sky Field
4 Choice band to hit 210s
4 Guzma (Raichu has free retreat, and due to fragility you need to be sniping high value targets as much as possible)
1 Pokemon Ranger, just in case
1 Hex Maniac, just in case

Energy
------------------------
4 DCE
10 Electric energy

Of note, like half of this deck would rotate in two days though, and I'm pretty sure it would get eaten alive in Expanded.
>>
Alright, thanks for the honesty. If raichu is getting rotated out, back to the drawing board.
>>
>>33419235
For something you can afford on the cheap, maybe Serperior/Vileplume?

If your daily is an evo challenge, just slap a bunch of evolving pokemon in your deck, stick in a bunch of timer balls, evosoda, and wally, then spam evolving as hard as you can. Two lost matches is usually enough for me to get all of them.

If it's knockouts or damage, It's gonna be a slog no matter what unless you've got tons of packs to buy all the pieces with or already have most of a deck.
>>
>>33411129
Another meme:
Vikavolt/A-Golem
>>
what rotates out in september?
>>
>>33419458
All cards from 2015, look at the copyright notice on them
>>
>>33419382
When you have no Volcanion EX either it's a little harder to get rid of them all.
>>33419458
All cards from the Primal Clash, Double Crisis, Roaring Skies, and Ancient Origins sets are rotating out of Standard. No change to Expanded, however.
>>33419465
Shut up.
>>
>>33419409
Nah raichu is in generations so it stays. could be a good flip with pika packs to be honest. raichu could be mixed with many partners. baby ninetails, lycanroc, garb. plenty of budget options just get creative.
>>
>>33419489
The deck still loses Sky Field, however, which is essential to it's function.
>>
I got 500 more tokens, already purchases the lunala deck. What else should I buy?
>>
How does trev beat darkrai?

>>33419570
What list of cards do you want for your deck?
>>
>>33419573
...good point.
>>
>>33419570
>>33419409
If you can get about 1000 tokens, buy a bunch of Pikachu Themed Avatar Collection Boxes then trade them as follows:

##Pokémon - 9

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113 (1 pika)
* 4 Passimian SUM 73 (1 pika for 2)
* 4 Mew FAC 29 (1 pika each)
>Total: 7 Pikachu packs

##Trainer Cards - 47

* 4 Energy Loto GRI 122 ( 1 pika for 4)
* 3 Guzma BUS 115 (1 pika for 3)
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109 (1 pika for 2)
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137 (1 pika for 2)
* 1 Special Charge STS 105 ( ~1 pika)
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125 ( ~1 pika)
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97 (1 pika for 2)
* 1 Rotom Dex SUM 131 ( ~1 pika)
* 2 Po Town BUS 121 ( ~1pika)
>about 12 Pikachu Packs. You can get this for less honestly.

Ones you should already have but just in case
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 (1 pika for 3)
* 4 N FAC 105 (1 pika for 2)
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123 (1 pika for 4)
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135 (1 pika)
* 4 Pokémon Catcher SUM 126 (1 pika for 4)
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 ( 1 pike for 4)
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128 ( ~1pika)

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92 (free with rallying cry code/other theme decks)

Total Cards - 60
>17*55 Pika Packs = 935 tokens. Less than 2 theme decks.

This is a pretty good deck for Standard that I've been using, and none of the pieces are expensive so you can buy them with just those cosmetics packs, no tradable card packs required.
>>
>>33419584
Hey glad to see someone actually use the list! Personally what changes would you make? Also were the prices fairly accurate?
Still working on a Typholosion pika list but havent found a decent post rotation list that i would recommend to others. its definitely dirt cheap though probably the most entry level deck for new accounts.

Also if anybody has more deck ideas for token budget would be helpful. We can put a list of some viable pika pack decks.

>>33419570
>>33419583
Focus on a deck as a goal. What trainers do you want for it? If you are unsure check this post to get a very budget friendly (tokens only) deck list >>33419584. other budget deck with tokens are typholosion. there isnt much risk in making them since it uses pika pack value in mind. and with new elo you can curb stomp most players for the first 50 or so games.
>>
What cards are recommended for the upcoming standard if I want to do an energy denial deck. hammer and enhanced hammer I know, but what pokes?
>>
How come you can't just buy coins? I only buy physical booster packs for the redeem codes and wish you could just instead buy the tcgo booster packs from the app.
>>
>>33419691
>NOT A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>33419691
Packs are expensive. A virtual pack from the shop is worth about a real physical pack. You dont use tokens you use Gems. Why dont they lower the price? They want to sell paper boxes and plenty of people buy packs simply for the codes. Its weird they havent rolled out gems for all regions.
>>
>>33419678
Prices seemed pretty accurate for what little I did swapping it from my old version with a bunch of rotating pieces to yours.
As for personal changes, I don't know I haven't tested it yet, but I know off the top of my head I swapped the town map you originally had on that list for rotomdex. It's just objectively better in that situation. You have plenty of searching power so putting it in the deck is fine. And since you should have most of them out by that point, re-prizing one is next to impossible. Meanwhile, taking a prize while you're down a monkey is pretty dang hard, even if you know which prize to take.

>>33419678
>if anybody has more deck ideas for token budget would be helpful.
Golduck with Evo Starmie is neat. Faced that some bit ago. Mind you I was playing volcanion at the time, but still, very effective for how cheap it was.
Been thinking of slapping that together at some point tomorrow or maybe the next day.

>>33419688
Sylveon had an energy denial deck for a while Drampa's small attack does special energy removal. I know there's others that also do normal energy removal as well like A-Muk. And Araquanid says "energy can not be attached to the defending pokemon"
>>
>>33419709
only canada has gems.

And virtual pack codes go for cents, not dollars. they're way cheaper, because most places open and sell the physical cards and have the codes as happy byproducts.
>>
>>33419688
Let me introduce you to a little tool that really should be in OP.
https://pkmncards.com/advanced/
It's basically MtG Gatherer for pokemon cards.
>>
>>33419732
Seconded, this is amazing.
>>
>>33419732
>>33419751
Much like the updated "New?" image mentioned here >>33415419, this was once in OP then some idiot took it out.

I also linked to the cheat engine as well.

At least the Ou7c4st link stayed.

>>33419678
>Still working on a Typholosion pika list but havent found a decent post rotation list that i would recommend to others.
How about:

4 Cyndaquil BKT 18
1 Quilava BKT 19
4 Typhlosion BKT 20
4 Talonflame STS 96

1 Energy Recycler
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 Random Receiver
1 Brock's Grit
3 N/Judge
1 Professor Sycamore/Psychic's Third Eye
3 Skyla

28 Fire Energy

Alternately Super Rod instead of Brock if you want Skyla immediacy and one less thing for random receiver to hit.
>>
File: Gondola_6f640a_5995346.jpg (182KB, 645x909px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola_6f640a_5995346.jpg
182KB, 645x909px
Are there any good ways to build a deck around Darkrai gx? I'm still new and have no decent main dark types. Not even any good evolutions.

Should I try just trading away audino ex? Or can it be useful?
>>
>>33419985
>audino ex? Or can it be useful?
technically it won worlds once.
>>
File: SM4-Alolan-Exeggutor-GX.jpg (120KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
SM4-Alolan-Exeggutor-GX.jpg
120KB, 496x693px
Alolan Exeggutor-GX – Dragon – HP220
Stage 1 – Evolves from Exeggcute
[G] Tropical Head: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to this Pokémon to one of your opponent’s Pokemon (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
[G][C][C][C] Dragon Hammer: 120 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.
[G][C][C][C] Tower-Go-Round GX: 180 damage. Move as many Energy attached to your Pokemon to your other Pokemon in any way you like (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (204KB, 900x1284px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
204KB, 900x1284px
>collecting cards
>hmm i need a shiney charizard
>what's thi-
>someone intentionally damaged an otherwise perfect card and is trying to pawn it off as one of a kind

xD

>What I have actually done is use the power of the sun to sunbleach out the desired areas, creating the design seen. Sound easy? Not so much. This card took over a year and a half to alter and is one of the absolute gems of my collection
>>
>>33420611
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRAGON-SCALE-Shining-Charizard-107-105-Altered-Art-ONE-OF-A-KIND-Pokemon-/182540957518?hash=item2a8049f74e:g:UVcAAOSwHptY-9Wt
>>
>>33420497
No psychic energy? Alright. I was expecting some gimmick with its lenght but it looks cool here.
>>
>>33420497
This is fairly bad, there is no way we arent going to get some dragon support soon.
>>
>>33420611
That is fucking disgusting. Also
>xD
Stop that.
>>
>>33420497
>Gimmicky but neat for a grass ca-
>Dragon

Oh
>>
>>33420611
>>33420613
the worst most gut wrenching part is someone is actually going to buy it.
>>
>>33420611
>>33420613
i knew it.
>6 watching
>>
>>33420684
No shit, people in this thread are going to check out the link that just got posted
>>
>>33420672
Nevermind, I thought it said that the damage of the first attack is determined by both your and a one of your opponent's pokémon and that it could damage benched stuff for some reason.
Now that I read again it's plain bad regardless.
>>
>>33420497
Could pair with the new Venusaur to double that snipe damage. Add Shining Genesect and try pop off the GX attack just before you get KO'd yourself. Clunky af but it could work kind of.
>>
>>33420763
& half the price of the bigger attacks to just [G][G]
>>
>>33420763
I'd rather just run Top Kek and Lurantis GX paired with that Venusaur and Genesect
>>
>>33420763
Just run bulu/vikavolt, fogp is rotating anyway
>>
File: JPEG_20170830_025547.jpg (44KB, 520x693px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170830_025547.jpg
44KB, 520x693px
I don't know if this is the best thread for this, but can anyone identify these cards?
>>
So Trevenant XY is next on the chopping block right? It's the only turn 1 item lock left, arguably BDIF now it's got Necrozma.

>>33420904
Both from https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG) 3 and 40 from the Bulbasaur deck.
>>
>>33420943
>https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG)
Thanks!
>>
>>33420497

>Dragon type

wow_its_fucking_nothing.jpg
>>
>>33420763
yeah except the fact that gardevoir can OHKO when there's 4 energy between them if she has a choice band.
>>
I'll make a Pastebin with all the cards fucked up in september. I should put all the cards with some use in any point of the game (Like Trevenant EX) or only the used right now? The posts that I see mencioning the cards have flaws with the reprints and promos.
>>
File: 1499895236638.png (18KB, 788x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499895236638.png
18KB, 788x259px
>>33421354
Youre not the first to do it you know. Also what do you mean "fucked up"? They are playable in expanded.
>>
>>33421536
We're losing wonder energy as well which I guess is kind of noteworthy as garde decks have been using it.
>>
>>33421536
Nobody put a decent link/image like that before, just the reddit thing or bad lists. And fucked up in standart, that is the format with rotations. That Image should be post in the next OP in some way, btw.
>>
>>33421639
Nah people playing the game already know what is leaving the meta.
>>
>>33420497
>dual-type dragon
>only one energy color
welp, no double dragon reprint confirmed
>>
Are coinflips rigged?

My Eevee's lunge missed like five times in a row.
>>
>>33421715
Yeah, John TPCi hates you in particular and everyone in this thread
>>
>>33421536
Why was Scorched Earth reprinted in FAC but not Rough Seas?
>>
File: SM2_EN_10[1].png (160KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
SM2_EN_10[1].png
160KB, 245x342px
>>33421715
play Victini
>>
File: tsu.png (36KB, 432x314px) Image search: [Google]
tsu.png
36KB, 432x314px
Is there any Lurantis updated deck?
Had to stop playing before Guardians release, is there a new deck list for my favorite deck?
>>
Is it always bad to make "pyramid" evolution lines? I.e 3 Ponytas and 2 Rapidashs. Also, is it a bad idea to include a pokemon on a deck, but not their evolution(s)?
>>
>>33422137
Yes. Literally always. The only thing you can skimp on is middle evo and that only if you're running rare candies.
Sometimes. I do see A-Vulpix used like that for instance.
>>
File: s-l16D00.jpg (475KB, 1299x912px) Image search: [Google]
s-l16D00.jpg
475KB, 1299x912px
need your opinion,
what is the likelihood that the hyper rare rainbow GX will fall in price after the next few sets get released and everyone moves on. they're literally going for $130

second, whats the likelihood the color version will see an English release?
>>
>>33422137
95% of the time yes, stick with 3-3 or 2-2 lines, never 3-2-1 or the like. That said, once you know what you are doing there can be exceptions. E.g., the deck that won worlds ran a 2-1 line of Octillery, because he knew it was crucial to get it out early, and if his Octillery was prized he would know it and could afford to toss an early Remoraid. But that's really the exception to prove the rule.

And no harm running a bsic without it's Evos if you have a specific purpose in mind. See Alolan Vulpix in every deck for it's Beacon move.
>>
>>33422231
Probably a slight dip, but Charizard tax is a bitch.

And I would expect to see the FA at some point, similar to the follow-up Decideueye etc. But they've been doing weird things with the new rarity levels and promos etc so who know. I'd guess we'll see it more likely than not.
>>
>>33422361
Do you have the vod of this battle?
>>
Should I even bother playing versus until I get a GX pokemon?
>>
>>33422393
Yes, some decks are still good without many gxs. Such as garbador
>>
>>33422393
Passimian/Mew, Golduck/Starmie, Typhlosion/Talonflame, Garbodor, and Greninja all say "Hi."
>>
>>33422384
vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8crjqn-XMA
Lists: https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2017/tcg-masters/
>>
>>33409909
>that's where the art of FAs flopped
I actually kinda like the FAs of S/M. I like their simplicity compared to the more detailed, cluttered feel of some normal GXs, while still feeling "rare". Some are lackluster but others like metagross and vikavolt look pretty cool.
>>
What is your PTCGO Win Streak?
>>
>>33422641
I prefer the FAs a lot, Ho-Oh has a very nice feel to it. I don't like the secrets however, they look very tacky.
>>
>>33422231
These unironically look like shit
>>
>>33422665
my highest was 10 I think. Maybe 11.
>>
For a returning player (havent played since steam siege release), is it better to get burning shadows or guardians rising packs? Also what set is the lunala deck from that is in the OP? Is dark hammer theme deck still okay to play on ladder?
>>
File: pkm_xyss_115rev.jpg (491KB, 501x700px) Image search: [Google]
pkm_xyss_115rev.jpg
491KB, 501x700px
>>33423015
Welcome to the reign of 5ban, our new fullart overlord. I miss drawn full-arts.
>>33423758
Guardians Rising packs. The Lunala deck is also from GRI, I think.
>>
>>33410668

Victini Wailord Dive shenanigans
>>
>>33423882
What cards specifically should I be looking for to make a deck from?
>>
>>33422231
Charizard is getting a collection box which will have the Full Art in it, like the SM starters.
>>
>>33423758
Theme decks always work for theme. They don't rotate.

Guardians Rising and Burning Shadows are worth about the same right now, but BUS is expected to crash soon. It won't crash super hard but it will crash.

>>33423959
Depends on the deck. Most decks want about: 4 Sycamore, 3-4 N, 4 Ultra ball, at least one other method of mon searching like Nest Ball, Timer Ball, Bridgette, etc. 3-4 rescue stretcher, 3 Guzma. And 2-3 Tapu Lele GX but those are expensive.
>>
>>33423921
Not bad.
>>
>>33423921
>>33410668

how about Pinsir with roof fling :^)
>>
why is nothing I have tradable? Do I need to be a certain level just to trade?
>>
>>33425578
The cards you own are either tradable or untradable. Cards from the shop, theme decks, and locked packs have locked cards and you cannot trade them. If you open cards from tradable packs, you can trade those, but more often than not it's more lucrative to just trade those packs for the cards you want specifically.
>>
>>33425599
what about all the packs I got from the challenges? Do I open those, or save them? It's not showing any of them for trade.
>>
>>33425648
When you get your packs, look at the bottom. If there is a lock symbol next to the number and it is grayed out, it is a locked pack. All the packs from the Trainer Challenge are locked packs, open them as much as you like, you really can't do anything else with them. Hopefully you'll get some good stuff and be able to start working towards a deck.
>>
>>33425663
wow. I feel like a retard. I've been hoarding those!

Thanks for clearing that up!
>>
File: Poker-Face.jpg (9KB, 595x298px) Image search: [Google]
Poker-Face.jpg
9KB, 595x298px
>>33425671
I got a tapu lele gx.

mfw I've been hoarding these.
>>
>>33425688
I GOT ANOTHER TAPU LELE GX.

WTF, GOD.
>>
>>33425688
>>33425696
Wow, nice luck anon. For somewhat reason the new guys always get the better cards. You saved like ~50 packs in those.
>>
>>33425696
Congradulations, you now have 2 of the most expensive card in standard. Unfortunate that you can't trade them, but they're going to be around for a while yet anyways.
>>
>>33425696
wtf you lucky sob. This is some rigged bullshit. post proofs so we may all be jealous
>>
Do the 4 different stars under each trainer challenges mean I have to beat that trainer with 4 different decks to complete it and get the pack?
>>
>>33426023
yup
>>
File: TapuProofwtf.png (2MB, 1487x947px) Image search: [Google]
TapuProofwtf.png
2MB, 1487x947px
>>33425775
I can't - won't- make this shit up.

I was holding onto 45 or so packs from the trainer challenge thinking I could trade them. Had no idea what the padlock symbol meant until one of you guys spelled it out for me.

And yes, simultaneously laughing and banging head against wall. Neighbors think I've flipped again.
>>
File: 1495236729895.jpg (11KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1495236729895.jpg
11KB, 437x501px
>>33426209
>you will never get this lucky
Congratz though anon, mad jelly for your beginners luck
>>
tfw you learn how to flip and you get 2 FA Leles for your RA Leles
>>
dual tapu faggot extrodanaire here.

Making a water deck. Doing good so far.

Would calling it Harvey be in bad taste? Live in Houston.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>33426362
>>
>>33426362
kek, do it!
>>
>>33425648
At level 16, packs you get from challenges will b

>>33426209
No no, see, you didn't HAVE to flip. Very different.
>>
>>33425648
Daily challenges give tradable packs if you're level 16+. Trainer challenge never does.
>>
>>33426362
I appreciate it.
>>
File: HurricaneHarvey.png (932KB, 1298x838px) Image search: [Google]
HurricaneHarvey.png
932KB, 1298x838px
It turns out I'm a terrible person.
>>
Why is making "pyramid" evolution lines a bad thing? I remember that many years ago during the first generations it was a terrible idea not to make it.
>>
>>33421756
Snipe & spread cards have been creeping back into print for a while now. But of course, a single Rough Seas deck in the meta ruins these archetypes entirely. So they seem to have replaced it now with Lana - better healing but costs you your supporter for the turn. Water is still supposed to be the healing archetype (along with Fairy), but now you have to build specifically for it, and not just chuck it in as the stadium. I mean, with Lana & Rough Seas & Wishiwashi & belts, & max potions & Aqua patch - well there's an unstoppable mill deck in there somewhere. Remove rough seas from the equation and the whole thing topples.

Personally it's the card I'm most looking forward to rotating. Gengar might finally work.
>>
>>33426477
>go charizard line 3-2-1
>charizard is in the prizes
>lose
>>
>>33426522
what if you use 2 or more stage 2 evolution lines in your deck?
>>
>>33426477
It makes it far less likely you will reach the top of the pyramid. Harder to find the card you need. And even when you do, one KO later you have to retrieve the top layer from the discard somehow. During all of this, your bench is full of easy pickings since you can't max out their HPs. Any card that is core to your strategy needs many copies for consistencies' sake. Your main attacker is certainly one of these.

You can get away with it with support Pokémon sometimes. Like seeing a 3-3-2 line of Vileplume was pretty common. But you need to learn the basic deckbuilding rules before you know where you can to break them.
>>
File: VikaBulu.png (780KB, 987x627px) Image search: [Google]
VikaBulu.png
780KB, 987x627px
I made a Vika/Bulu deck and is really fun.
Any suggestion to it?
>>
what things should I buy/save up for with my tokens? 900 so far.

Made the hurricane harvey deck centered around gyarados and articuno (tri edge). What would you recommend?
>>
>>33426460
would be a good joke... if it was a good deck.
>>
File: 1477695797032.png (1MB, 915x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1477695797032.png
1MB, 915x1439px
>>33426593
Seems pretty solid to me. I'd use at least one more stadium though. You have a lot of switching cards, you could drop one (maybe a Guzma?) for it.
>>33426663
Playing Theme VS and Theme ticket tournaments until you can get the packs to trade for pieces of a standard deck. If you like water types, Alolan Ninetails isn't a very expensive deck to put together since you've already got your Top Lels.
>>
>>33426541
then you run fewer copies of those line, but still at 1-1-1 ratio, unless you're running rare candy to skip middle evos or are only stopping part way

Having the middle evos, but nothing to turn them into is a horrible feeling that's easily avoidable.
>>
>>33426663

how about

>>33419584
Or
>>33419902
Or maybe
Volcanion

Alternately, if you want something that still uses that gyarados
http://ptcgohub.com/budget-deck-list-retaliation-gyarados
>>
>>33426806
that gyarados rotates basically tomorrow. Don't do that.
>>
>>33426477
It was a terrible idea then too, you were just a shitter back then.

There were only two decks that actually used evolutions back then and they were 4-4 and 4-0-4 with 4 pokemon breeders respectively.
>>
>>33426848
>There were only two decks that actually used evolutions back then
>>
>>33426541
Don't.
>>
>>33426477
the video game if you asked its built-in deck guru insisted you build your deck similar to the way theme decks are constructed.

However, the competitive scene has honestly changed very little. Haymaker big basics like hitmonchan and mewtwo are essentially the EX/GXs of their era, only without the added weakness of handing out two prizes when you finally take them down.

You still want 4-4/4-4-4/4-1-4 with breeder/candy lines, and you still want decks that are predominantly hand-fixing trainers.
>>
8 win streak so far after removing Kangas for Tapus and shuffling around some stuff.

Tell me, will september wreck my shit? Or is all this going to still be legal?

And for God's sake, is there any form of water acceleration besides aqua patches?
>>
>>33426848
>There were only two decks that actually used evolutions back then
Shut up newfag, don't talk about things before your time.

http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/threads/6-classic-decks-from-base-set-team-roket-era.11051/
>>
File: HurricaneHarveyDeck.png (1MB, 1297x847px) Image search: [Google]
HurricaneHarveyDeck.png
1MB, 1297x847px
>>33426901
shit, forgot deck.
>>
>>33426901
>>33426916
>Articuno ancient trait
>Gyarados
>Lugia-EX
>Rough Seas
>Lysandre
>Steven
Yes, september will kill them in standard.

>is there any form of water acceleration besides aqua patches?
Max Elixir.
>>
>>33426916
Does no one read the pastebin anymore?

Remove those shaunas and haus, boy. Replace with Ns and Sycamores.
And honestly swap the lysandre for guzma's if you have them. they're usually better.

Also, swap 3-4 of those pokemon for ultraballs.

That's also a lot of energy retention for a deck that I'm pretty sure doesn't discard any, has things that search for them, and most of its attacks can use DCE.

I'd drop the ExpShare and Retrieval (they only do basic energy, and you want them in the trash for aqua patch), maybe add 1 special charge for the DCEs and a super rod just in case.
>>
>>33426953
...fuck.

Well.

Shit.

Okay, fuck it. Mono-psychic it is.
>>
What's the best way to start a decent collection?
>>
>>33427113
Use this list to make a deck.
>>33419584
To make a collection you NEED to flip packs.
>>33385975
>You can turn something into something more. So say I got a pikachu pack from the shop for 55 tokens. Then trade that pika pack for 1 talonflame gale wing. do this until I have 4 talon flame, then trade the 4 Talonflame for 2-3 Burning Shadows. You turned 220 tokens into 2 tradeable packs. it can get pretty lucrative if you find a system that works, which usually depends on whats popular in the meta.
>Once you get some packs you can start flipping higher value cards. Like >>33383672 mentioned, you can buy octillery for 1 BUS/GRI and at this moment sell for 3 BUS/GRI sometimes 4 or 5. Thats how players amass a collection with free to play. When you get more packs you can flip higher value cards. Like buy Tapu Lele GX for 25 then sell for 30 packs.
>>
>>33426906

Literally all of those decks are shit, the two I mentioned or post rocket era decks built retrospectively (people still play base-rocket actively). Base-Rocket era had 3 decks that saw serious play

Haymaker - Tons of variants on this theme, Electabuzz, Scyther, Hitmonchan, Magmar, Mewtwo Promo and Ditto were the main cards used

Wigglytuff, which was usually full of haymaker shit anyways

Blastoise

Everything else was a dogshit memedeck. These three decks were 90+% of the meta
>>
How good is the Tepu archetype? What cards do I need to build a Tapu deck (aside from Bulu, Koko, Lele and Fini)?
>>
>>33427466
The Tapus don't really play with each other all that well. Bulu has his own deck and Koko shows up in that one sometimes, but Koko has a deck to itself as well. Fini really only sees use in Water Toolbox or Ninetales as a 1-of. Tapu Lele goes in everything. Every single deck with few exceptions.
>>
how many max elixirs should I ask for in exchange for a Pika box?

And buying packs from the store with tokens didn't get me any tradable ones. Do I only get those from ticket tournaments?
>>
>>33427534
>~read the OP~
All of the stuff you buy with coins is locked. Tradable packs come from tourneys, physical pack codes, and certain rewards once you get to level 16 on your account.
>>
>>33427558
>All of the stuff you buy with coins is locked.
So there is no point in buying anything with coins,right?
>>
>>33427610
I mean you can buy packs if you don't care about trading your cards, but not really. Most people will suggest using coins to post trades or buy Pika Packs to trade for cheap rares to flip into tradable packs.
>>
>>33427558
The trade went up. The avatar box, I mean.
>>
I started flipping yesterday with 10 pikapack and I'm already at 2 BUS 2 GRI and 4 EX/GX cards ready to be flipped, fuck that shit addictive.
>>
Would TCG be less snowball-y if, whenever someone had their pokemon KO'd, THEY picked a prize card, instead of the opponent? In which case, of couse, whoever ran out of prize cards would lose.
>>
>>33425671
>>33425688
>>33425696
>>33426209
Think about it this way. Hoarding it payed off because the RNG hit a Lele GX. You did nothing wrong in waiting. Though in general it is recommended to open locked packs. In theory if you figure out how to manipulate RNG hoarding even locked packs is a viable strategy. But until then opening locked packs do no harm

>>33426460
Looks like you leveled up lad.

>>33426477
For stage 1 decks its not the worst thing. For example 4-3 line or 3-2 line is nice if you want less mulligans/better starting pokemon. 3-2-1 line is really bad because if that stage 2 is prized or discarded then good game. But for deck space constraints people run equal ratios like 3-3 or 3-1-3 in rare candy decks.

>>33426593
Po Town for Gard GX? lets you 1 shot them with choice band. For metagross gx you can run solrock heal block to counter their max potions. Otherwise those match ups are heavily in their favor.

>>33426663
Token tournaments, trade flipping, pika pack flipping. Tokens are pretty lucrative if you use them wisely.

>>33427113
Fastest is buying codes. Free to play flip cards/packs for profit. when you get a decent deck enter tournaments to use as currency.

>>33427534
you can get 2 max elixirs for 1pika pack. if it fails too much do 1:1. Only pika packs are tradeable. No clue why. could be an oversight honestly.

>>33427610
sometimes promos like jirachi or regirock come out and getting tradeable versions is far too expensive, so using tokens is very helpful. Some gameplay items like sleeves or deck boxes might interest you too.

>>33427645
Welcome to hell, once you get a taste you never leave.
>>
>>33427644
The box is the only thing that you can trade that costs coins, I'm pretty sure. Use them to start flipping for tradable packs.
>>33427645
I've made 30+ packs this week. Shit is amazing if you can do it right.
>>
currently asking for 3 max elixir for 1 pika box. If you have any to spare and you want a spare box to flip, now's the time.
>>
>bought the rock steady deck for $13 just so I could do a trainer challenge

Fuck why did I do it. You can't use personal decks in trainer challenges right?
>>
>>33427968
if you beat a trainer challenge with 3/4 decks you get 11 coins, repeat with multiple ones until you get 500 tokens to buy a 4th deck
>>
>>33427968
Nope. Only theme decks. It should have a code card that will give you an online version. It's not the best, but Lycanrock hits for 100 which is pretty good for a theme deck. Meowstic can be pretty good late game too when you've got tons of cards in your hand and nothing to do with them. Don't remember what else is in it.
>>
>wake up
>still no format where GX and EX are banned

suffering
>>
>really want Ho-oh GX, Marshadow GX or at least Darkrai (GX or not)
>Found Noivern GX, Tapu Bulu GX (ultra rare), Machamp GX (ultra AND secret rare)
Come on, fucking twisted luck
>>
>>33427645
I started like a week and a half ago. I'm at 13BUS 5GRI

7GRI 1 SUM if this stupid decidueye will trade, this is like the third time I've put it up.
>>
>>33427724
Would allow risky cards that said "take a prize. X HAPPENS"

I feel like there are some cards games that do something similar. Maybe duel masters?
>>
>>33428011
Play theme you wimp
>>
>>33428011
>wake up
>still no thread where GX/EX bitching is banned

suffering
>>
>>33427499
> with few exceptions
all of which I find immensely fun
>>
>>33427466
wait for the regis in crimson. they will have an archetype
>>
>>33428015

>tfw both marshadow gx and Darkrai gx on my first two online pulls

I don't use Darkrai, you want him Anon?
>>
File: sandstorm.jpg (342KB, 1697x1148px) Image search: [Google]
sandstorm.jpg
342KB, 1697x1148px
>>33409464
Help me out

A store next to where I live often hosts TCG pokémon tourneys
I played some of the online tcg game and I find it kinda fun
I wanna go and stomp those kids, but first I need a deck and then to get good

Is it worth to buy a starter deck (The decidueye one) and then get some cards to complete it, or should I plan my cards beforehand and buy them all separately online?

I still gotta look up the many guides scattered around, I just wanna get an idea of what I'm going to do so to consider how much money and effort I'm gonna take

Pic unrelated
>>
File: scrafty_by_supajackle-d6wiff2.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
scrafty_by_supajackle-d6wiff2.png
8KB, 300x300px
>>33428187
>I wanna go stomp those kids
Then build your own deck. Theme decks are trash. This is all the advice I will give you.
>>
>>33428187

Theme decks suck, build your own. Buying cards individually will probably cost more, plus nothing beats the feeling of pulling your first gx
>>
>>33428187
Ideally you plan a deck list before hand. Staples like Tapu Lele GX are expensive but needed for 1st turn plays. Testing online would be cheaper altogether. There isnt a deck that stomps everything in standard format at the moment, so good luck with the local terrorizing. Gard GX is strong and looking to be the deck to beat but it can lose if they cant stream multiple Gard GX, or face Metagross GX. If you want to pick up online codes, get Burning Shadows for .30$ and Guardians for .35$. For paper tcg always go with singles. As said focus on a list first.
>>
>>33428202

Where do you buy tcgo codes?
>>
>>33428187
FoGP rotates sept so Decidueye may not be the best choice.

That said, if you wanna stomp kids, I'm not gonna help past that. Not because i'm against the idea so much as I feel its a right of passage you have to do on your own. Prove you're actually better than them, not just better at netdecking 4chan helpful advice. That way if you lose to children, the shame is also entirely on you. You didn't git gud. You didn't earn it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170831-015516.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170831-015516.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>33428015

Hope you respond soon, I'm thinking of trading it if you don't.
>>
>>33428224
Ebay. Ask for them to email the codes
>>
>Built Trevenant in paper
>stomp people
>not as fun as I thought

What's a good Expanded deck to trade spoopy trees for? I'm thinking Toad/X or Landobats. Yveltal would be coo' but I don't think it can reign supreme again without Archeops.
>>
Why do people say this game suffers from power creep?
>>
>>33428319
A lot of the top tier Expanded decks are pretty mindless, Trev, Night March, Turbo Dark. Raikou Eels or Ray Eels can be fun, but suffers against ability lock. I still enjoy Vespiquen Flareon, and I like Megaray but all it takes is a single Sudowoodo drop to wreck you. If you've got a few hundred dollars to drop you could build Primal Groudon and wipe the floor with everyone.
>>
File: SM4-Regirock.jpg (171KB, 403x559px) Image search: [Google]
SM4-Regirock.jpg
171KB, 403x559px
Regirock – Fighting – HP130
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Rocky Mountain Howl

If this Pokemon is in play, your Registeel’s attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[F][F][C] Hard Swing: 110 damage. This attack ‘s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
>>
>>33429364

>it's okay

looks like i hyped myself up for Regi Toolbox for no reason.
>>
>>33429364
so basically this deck is designed to be a metal/water deck, registeel is your energy boi, regice locks gx attacks and regigigas is your game ender with a stupid high energy cost that is instantly countered by the fact that every deck has an x-ball.
>>
>>33426901
>is there any form of water acceleration besides aqua patches?
Palkia-EX combo'd with energy switch is the old fallback. Golduck Break can help but is unreliable.
>>
>>33428011
that would be an absolutely horrific format and you would hate it. Greninja for days. Then you'd just be back on here bitching about whatever you couldn't beat there instead. Don't try to turn the TCG into Smogon you fucktard. Git gud.
>>
Any good replacements for VS Seeker and Trainers Mail? Also need to switch out Rough Seas but I don't think there are any other Stadiums that could help out a water deck.
>>
>>33429800
Nope. Only 'replacements' are Lele and thicker supporter lines. You COULD run Puzzle of Time if you really really need to recycle one ofs, but just playing an extra copy of those one ofs would be easier and more reliable. And Brooklet Hill is good for setup support in water decks, saves you a ball each turn.
>>
>>33428011
>ex or gx means good
lmao theres plenty of trash, and even if gx was banned you'd just have garbodor literally everywhere. get good
>>
>>33430070
imo some sort of copy restriction on Ex/Gx would make the most sense (either 4 per deck or no more than 1 of each)
>>
>>33428246
>need this Darkrai
>only have 3 GRI
>>
BANLITS COMES INTO FORCE TOMORROW AAAAH
>>
>>33429669
What if they release a Regigigas, non GX, with a sincle colorless energy attack that deals 30x damage for each Regice, Registeel and Regirock in your bench and then cannot attack for the next turn?
>>
>>33430611
>tfw no more cheesing noobs in vs ladder with lugia ex
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.