[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What´s going on with the retarded gen 3 movepool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-LeafGreen_EN_US_boxart[1].png (130KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-LeafGreen_EN_US_boxart[1].png
130KB, 250x251px
I am currently playing for the first time Leaf green and going to choose Pokemon I never chose during blue/yellow/firered. But the movesets, except starter, consists of complete bullshit.
>team: Venusaur(21), spearow(18), sandshrew(15), sycther(15)

spearow´s only flying type attack is peck until level 25 then it becomes arial ace and spearow only learns drill peck on fucking level 35

sandshrew doesn´t even learn a fucking ground or rock type attack through level up but has fucking poison sting

sycther doesn´t learn any bug type attack until level 46, the only flying type attack he learns on level 26 and scizor only leanrs metal claw on..level 26

What the fuck is going on with this Generation?
>>
File: image (1).jpg (20KB, 476x106px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
20KB, 476x106px
>Venusaur(21)
????
>>
______just inject lol____
>>
>>33406290
made some mistakes, I meant ivysaur of course and fearow learns drill peck

>>33406292
yeah but I also just could cheat 999 Rare candies and run through the game, but you know I want to play a little bit oldschool.
>>
>>33406274
It's even worse in older gens.
>>
>>33406334
I wanted to play through Gold afterwards, because of nostalgia. But damn this is tiresome and HGSS is like playing a game on slow motion.
>>
Move pools were really dumb until gen 4.

Also have fun when you get to Loreli.
>>
That's just what pokemons levelup learnsets used to be like, and if you're complaining about those then you clearly don't remember what gen1 was like where you were lucky if you got a non-shit STAB move at all. It wasn't until gen 4 or 5 they actually figured out decent movepools for the majority of pokemon.
>>
>>33406338
I played Crystal recently. I went into the elite four with shit like ember and razor leaf as my best STAB moves.
Movepools for most pokemon were horrible back then.
But then again, Pokemon is generally easy enough for it not to really matter.
>>
>>33406357
nah I was one of those kids who only leveld his starter (mostly water) and Nidoking in yellow + legendaries.

>>33406339
The dumb thing is that the -saur line has too many weaknesses especially against your rival. Abra, charmander and pidgey are kinda annoying.
>>
>>33406339
They're still dumb in gen 4 for a lot of mons. It's like this in every gen, there's always a few Pokemon who have retarded movepools. The number gets smaller every gen but goddamn it's annoying
>>
>>33406274
Sandshrew is a total shitmon in that game, I remember my final E4 moveset being something like Dig, Double Edge, Poison String and Sand Attack since I used EQ and Rock Slide on something else. It was a total pain in the ass to train up too and jobbed against lots of things.

Spearow might not have strong attacks going by base power but it's a pretty solid pick for that game still.

Never used Scyther so I can't comment but Bug was a really terrible type pre-gen 4. The strongest Bug STAB that wasn't exclusive to one mon was fucking Hidden Power Bug at 70 BP, then Silver Wind with 60 BP and a whopping 5 PP. I'd avoid using Bug types altogether if you're playing one of the gen 1-3 games.
>>
>>33406422
Scyther is amazing in FRLG, especially when you get Swords Dance.
>>
>>33406422
you mean except heracross right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.