[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I am a Slowpoke but I am checking the teams from this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

I know I am a Slowpoke but I am checking the teams from this years VGC Worlds. Why is Tapu Lele not in more teams? Wasn't it a huge threat a few months ago?
>>
Because VGC and Smogon aren't the same thing.
>>
>>33406147
What does this post have to do with anything? Are you retarded?
>>
>>33406082
There were a lot more Tapu Finis at the top instead.
>>
>>33406082
pretty sure smogon bases their logic on 1vs1 battles.
>>
>>33406082
Celesteela ruins it
>>
File: 1502070684843.png (187KB, 710x538px) Image search: [Google]
1502070684843.png
187KB, 710x538px
>>33406173
you stupid idiot.
>>
>>33406173
>what does pointing out that two metagames are different have to do with someone wondering why a "huge threat" in one metagame isn't widely used in another

Are (you) retarded?
>>
>>33406192
>>33406226
Lele/Drifblim was a thing for a short while, OP is probably referring to that.
>>
>>33406226
OP never mentioned Smogon, retard. Lele was definitely one of the top threats a couple months ago in all formats
>>
>>33406082
Exactly for that same reason. VGC players adapt to the trends and prepare for them.
>>
>>33406457
This. This has seriously been my favourite VGC ever. I want this format to continue, the current game's dex minus box and special legends. It works great.
>>
>>33406147
>>33406183
>>33406192
>>33406226
>Smogon inserting their fanfic meta into OPs question about VGC
top giggles
>>
>>33406082
It's still very commonly used in general, however (almost) every year, the VGC metagame shifts over the season and some things ended up countered very heavily. It's especially noticeable at Worlds; the extreme example is 2014 when nobody brought Kangaskhan to worlds, because everybody was packing counters, and to a lesser extent 2016 when Big 6 won a series of regionals then fizzled out at worlds.

This year, Koko and Fini just ended up being more reliable and generally harder to counter. Lele is terrifyingly powerful but it just doesn't fit into the state the high-level metagame is right now.
>>
>>33407396
>GF gimped Koko into using the weaker offensive stat
>Still amazing in Singles and Doubles
How does Top Kek do it?
>>
>>33406798
VGC 2011 and VGC 2014 were the same with their respective regional dexes, and they were both fun metagames too. I've heard people complain that it's too centralised and only a few Pokémon are viable, and I've also heard people complain it's too unpredictable and they can't counter every team, which suggests to me the balance is just right for once.

My only criticism is that it was too defensive, with Arcanine, Porygon2, Celesteela, Tapu Fini and Snorlax making sure offensive teams were difficult, which is in contrast to how VGC has been in previous years.
>>
>>33407408
Its speed is the main thing, it's fantastic and turning 2HKOs into OHKOs. I actually can't imagine how it works as well in singles since it needs the other hit to get non-SE KOs in doubles.
Physical Tapu Koko is really fun, it's a shame it doesn't see more use.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-17-16h48m43s197.png (481KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-17-16h48m43s197.png
481KB, 1280x720px
>>33407435
>it's a shame it doesn't see more use.
Isn't Tapu Koko one of the most used Pokemon though?
>>
>>33407435
Physical Tapu Koko does't see much use though. I've seen a lot of Theorymonnng about it, since it's really powerful, destroys Tapu Fini, and gets some interesting coverage, but relying on Wild Charge is enough to put anybody off.
>>
>>33407465
>USUM gives Tapu Koko Zing Zap
How much would that make Physical Koko rise?
>>
>>33407471
Probably still be a lot less popular

Play Rough would be killer though.

I want Play Rough Xerneas too
>>
File: Tapu.Koko.full.2014878.jpg (833KB, 1000x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu.Koko.full.2014878.jpg
833KB, 1000x1265px
>>33407408
Singles:
-Best offensive pivot in the game, thanks to U-Turn's lack of immunities
-It has neat tools like Calm Mind, Taunt, Nature's Madness, and reliable recovery

Doubles:
-It's not vulnerable to Intimidate while being able to nuke Electric neutral targets

Both:
-A valuable asset for rain teams.
-It's ability and speed makes it one of the most brainless offensive mons.

Its just THAT good.
>>
>>33406082
Meta shifts every week, what's a threat one day becomes something everyone and their mom knows to deal with the other day
>>
>>33407575
What the fuck I love Tapu Koko now?!
>>
>>33407465
Electrium-Z Physical Koko is interesting for sure, but Special Koko is the safest option.
>>
>>33407465
>>33407575
>>33407695
Is Z-Mirror Move not enough to make it viable?
>>
>>33407703
Z-Mirror Move is a meme, a fun meme but a meme nonetheless.
>>
>>33407710
How? If Physical Koko is already okay but not as good, how is +2 Attack and a free coverage Z-Move a meme?
>>
>>33407703
I love Z-Mirror Move, but it's not consistent enough to be considered viable.
>>
>>33407730
>+2 Attack
With no boosting item, no unconsumed Z-crystal, and no unlimited use. If Koko had Swords Dance though, then maybe a physical set would be reliable enough. Z-Brave Bird at +2 would annihilate most Koko counters without dealing with recoil.
>>
>>33407703
Verlis, is that you?
>>
>>33407935
Yeah, that's what I meant about consistency; Z-Mirror Move on a Garchomp's Earthquake OHKOs the Garchomp, but you risk them protecting or switching, in which case you just used your Z-Move to literally just Swords Dance.
>>
OKAY SO HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
SINCE MOST OF YOU ARE FUCKING NEWFAG CASUAL SHITS

''SMOGON'' = HOME OF THE PLAYERS FOR THE PLAYERS TO BALANCE THE 'META'

THERE
IS
NO
REAL
META

ALL OF THIS WAS DONE SO THE TOP PLAYERS AROUND THE WORLD COULD EASILY SKATE THROUGH MOST OF YOU SHITTERS WHO USE '' TOP SMOGON SETS '' THAT THEY'VE ALREADY GOT THE PERFECT COUNTERS FOR.

YOU ALL MAKE PERFECT FODDER.
THE BEST.
YOU GAVE ME ENOUGH POINTS TO PASS THROUGH BEFORE HALF A YEAR. HALF A YEAR.

HALF
A
YEAR

YOU FAGGOTS WERE SO EASY TO BEAT I HARDLY EVER LOST 3 POKEMON.

TO RECAP:
SMOGON FEEDS YOU IDIOTS FALSE INFORMATION ON 'WHAT'S GOOD AND WHAT'S NOT' WITH YOUTUBERS EATING IT UP.

AND US?

WE GO ON TO WIN THE VGC WITH TEAMS YOU HADN'T THOUGHT OF.

WHY?
BECAUSE WE CONNED YOU, MOTHERFUCKER.

BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL. :)

BYE NOW.
>>
>>33408100
That's nice, dear.
>>
>>33408100
Please screencap your Championship Points History page

I'm curious what tournaments you were going to that you were playing against people using Smogon teams.
>>
Remember when Smogon banned fucking baton pass?
>>
>>33408184
Yes, I too remember three months ago.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.