[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why remake games that are compatible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1381101796805.jpg (546KB, 675x1619px) Image search: [Google]
1381101796805.jpg
546KB, 675x1619px
The Generation 3 switch rendered RGBY+GSC incompatible with future games do to the change in data structure for pokemon.

But Every game from RS onward have some level of compatibility with each other.
If you want, you can take a game from Emerald, sent it to Pearl, sent it to White 2, then to X, then to Sun.

So why remake Ruby and Sapphire??
I can understand the need to revist the region in the game and make those pokemon easily accessible, but....what a waste.

Why not draft a new story in the region?
A brand new game in a region previously seen seem far more interesting than a cheap remake, and the basic elements still remain the same (legends, professor, starters, gym leaders, etc)

Or, you could really spice it up, and change everything but the region-map.

Why is GameFreak so fucking lazy?

pic unrelated
>>
I think a better question is why not remake every generation after the first two? They have nothing to lose aside from their reputation which they don't care about at this point. It makes money.
>>
>>33406015
Because the older games are outdated and people want to play them with updated mechanics.
>>
>>33406167
do people really want to play the same story again though?
I want to play in Shinou or Isshu with the Gen 7 graphics and mechanics, but I dont want to play the DPPt or BWB2W2 story again, I'd rather get new story, new characters, and new situations
>>
>>33406210
Yeah, but remakes are easier that sequels. Game Freak doesn't care what people actually want, they care about making the most money with the least effort.
>>
It's because people in this fanbase are retarded and don't know how to replay games.
>>
>>33406258
The sad thing is people actually want these remakes otherwise they wouldn't do them "Hoenn/Sinnoh/(probably soon)Unova confirmed lol epic win"
>>
>>33406015
>So why remake Ruby and Sapphire??
Revisiting and improving on the original games using the new engine.
There's was no reason to remake Gen 1 and 2 because you could make the Kanto nad Jhoto mons accesible in RSE(or release a different game with those mons).
Old game accesibility was never into consideration and ORAS should´ve made you learn that for good.
On a meta way, it shows GF is willing to pass the nostalgiafag threshold and actually cares for stuff after Gen 2.

>>33406210
>do people really want to play the same story again though?
that's the same argument against third versions.

> I'd rather get new story, new characters, and new situations
So would I, but each game is made assuming it might be a kid's first.
>>
>>33406374
>There's was no reason to remake Gen 1 and 2 because you could make the Kanto nad Jhoto mons accesible in RSE(or release a different game with those mons).
Except for Gen III it was entirely about accessibility. Colosseum wouldn't have had it's specific availability if it weren't specifically trying to make all the Gen II pokemon who weren't available in RS available, with Gen I remakes supplying the Gen I mons.

With HGSS it was about making all the games playable and connected. ORAS was the only one that was unnecessary.
>>
>>33406822
>Colosseum wouldn't have had it's specific availability if it weren't specifically trying to make all the Gen II pokemon who weren't available in RS available, with Gen I remakes supplying the Gen I mons.
>1.Program Emerald
>2.add the Kanto and Jhoto mons
It was that easy, no need for a remake. You might be a legit retard.

>With HGSS it was about making all the games playable and connected.
On your head.

Not to mention that, to tie RSE with XY you needed a GBA game (which implies you have a GBA), a DS, a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game, a 3DS, X or Y and a pokebank subscription. And people who either weren't alive or weren't interested in pokemon when Gen 3 was around(AKA, the people GF wants to get) don't usually have all these things readily available. This was known before ORAS was announced and a given when it was.
>>
>>33407062
>1.Program Emerald
>2.add the Kanto and Jhoto mons
If they were goimg to do that in the first place they would've put all of them in RS.

>On your head.
How am I wrong?
>>
>>33406015
why RE-MAKE games at all.
put time effort and money into giving us something decent and original-ish
>>
>>33406015
>>33406210
There are peoeple that never played the originals and probably never will because it's hard for casual fans to play outdated games in old consoles without the nostalgia factor.
>>
File: 025Pikachu-Hoenn.png (49KB, 148x148px) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu-Hoenn.png
49KB, 148x148px
>>33406015
This was almost the same reasoning applied back when HGSS weren't a thing.

"Why remake GSC, when all Johto Pokemon are available? There's no need for a remake."

It's for accessibility's sake. Simple as that. GSC Pokemon were in 5 different games to capture. RSE mons eventually became this and more, by the time XY rolled in.
>>
Because money you dense fuck. People like familiar things, but better. If they want something brand new, they just buy the entries of the new generation that had a new region.

I just want the old adventures to have modern mechanics. The issue is no major mechanical jumps have been made since Gen IV, so only Kanto needs another remake at this point, but fans meme harder about Sinnoh.
>>
>>33406015
>33406015

Because its easier to just reuse an old map with the newer graphics and the grown up kids nostalgic for their RS/DP remakes will lap it up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.