[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a reason they showed this clip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: rockruff-1015835.jpg (42KB, 650x416px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff-1015835.jpg
42KB, 650x416px
Trailers are very specifically put together, they don't just throw any random old scenes in. It's their way of communicating information to the user.

Now why bother showing this clip of a Rockruff seemingly following the trainer? They must know one of the communities biggest wishes is for the return of following Pokemon. Look at how they responded with the backlash against ORAS for not featuring trainer customization.

Now after the backlash of USUM being announced for the 3DS and GameFreak immediatley having to come in and say they're working for one on the Switch, would they risk pissing off the fanbase even further?

If Pokemon don't follow you, the only reason to have the Rockruff scene present would be the piss off players. You could say they're making the world feel more alive, but like I said, trailers are deliberately put together. We already know the world feels more alive thanks to the Wingull in the first trailer and the overworld Executor on Executor island.

The purposefully showed a Pokemon following the player with a musical note above it's head, one of the symbols used in the HG/SS feature.

Pokemon following you is in, I guarantee it. Whether it's limited solely to this event Rockruff is unkown, but that would be a pretty dick move by GF, sadly one I could see them making. Rockruff is the mascot for SM, like Pikachu was in RBY, and Pikachu was the only one who could follow in Yellow.
>>
>>33403277
STOOOOOOOP THIIIIIIIS.
The only reason they showed it is because they're showing that you can interact with pokemon in the overworld, THAT'S IT. Stop reaching.
>>
>>33403277
You're overthinking it, it WILL come back, but nu-gamefreak will limit it to only a few pokemon (the dog, the rat and all his clones, babby anubis dog and maybe marill/azurill).

Get ready for the asspain.
>>
>>33403277
>If Pokemon don't follow you, the only reason to have the Rockruff scene present would be the piss off players.
>Pokemon following you is in, I guarantee it.

Or, there's a feature or story event etc. we're not aware of yet. You know, like one involving the Rockruff we constantly see with Kukui?

Using your logic the anime style trailer for B2/W2 was anime style because it would be how cutscenes were in B2/W2 when in reality it was because they do things because they can.

It's not like other games didn't use anime-esque cutscenes on the DS/3DS so you've no argument against it - except for the fact it didn't happen, of course.
>>
>>33403277
Must you take every little thing Game Freak does as a personal insult?
>>
the reason is they felt like it

why did they feel like it? I could explain, but I don't feel like it
>>
>>33403277
You are jumping though hoops to rationalize this. They have quite literally said in interviews that the overworld in USUM is going to be more alive and feature more Pokemon.

It's why the first trailer showed the wingul flying, it's why this trailer showed rockruff.

Stop setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
No that's not it
>>
>>33403308
it's even as simple as knowing that there are no rockruff on route 1, so it's not even yours unless it's some shit exclusive to the gift event dog
>>
>>33403831
This isn't same game
>>
>>33403839
If you think there is a logical reason to move Rockruff from 10k hill to route 1, which are both super early game locations, then sure (literally a level 2-4 Rockruff vs a level 11-13 one in 10k)
>>
File: 1496444481832.png (194KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496444481832.png
194KB, 700x800px
Am I the only one who didn't like following Pokemon in HGSS, or at least wished you had more control over it? Just because something was first in my party didn't mean I wanted it to follow me around, sometimes I just wished I could turn it off.
>>
>>33403328
the frontier project has started !
>>
>>33403929
I wished that pokemon would have animated expressions like the pikashit did in Yellow and I wished you could choose which pokemon you want to follow you instead of it being the first one in your party
>>
Literally only faggots on vp complain about Pokémon not following. I have never seen any other community complain about it
>>
>>33404044
then you havent been to enough communities
>>
File: tmp_6887-15030884509505820913.png (302KB, 1920x3114px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6887-15030884509505820913.png
302KB, 1920x3114px
The way I see it, there are only four possibilities this trailer snippet suggests.
1. Game Freak somehow managed to get the high poly models to run well in the overworld, and they will simply use those. (If this is the case, it makes you question why low poly models were ever used in the first place).
2. Game Freak has created a whole set of low poly Pokemon models that have the same rig as the high poly, and will transfer over the datamined walking animations we have seen to the low poly (This is a large amount of work by Game Freak standards).
3. The number of following Pokemon will be limited to ones that already have low poly models that you see in the overworld in SM (such as the starters, Miltank, Pyukumuku, Pikachu, Tauros etc.) because they have already done that work.
4. Rockruff will be a unique case and be the only following Pokemon (or overworld following NPC).
>>
>>33403277
I will literally buy USUM only for following pokemon but it better be all of them or I'm not budging.
>>
Say it with me, FUTURE-PROOFING and TESTING.
Following Pokemon will come back at some point, but for now, GF is probably testing how to run it (like the park in Sinnoh where a choice few could walk with ya). Probably making sure the models don't clip out of bounds or something this time.
>>
>>33403277
Agreed.
There must have been a reason for showing that. Not to mention the run animation of that rockruff is the same as the datamined one...

Fuck off denialfags
>>
>>33403929
>>33403976
If you can turn it off and choose which Pokémon you want to have following you, it's a good addition. Otherwise, it's just annoying trash.
>>
>>33403277
You over estimate the amount of people that care about this.

Unlike customization or day and night cycles, it was just shitty bonus that quickly became mundane and pointless.
>>
>>33403277
I have never understood why people want this in the game. It adds nothing mechanically and takes time away from GF to make an actual game
>>
You guys are going to bitch for days when following isn't in the game. It's best not to get your hopes up
>>
>>33403277
>my ass pull speculation is fact!

Fucking kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>33404325
Exactly. Following Pokémon is pointless and dumb. Just like OP of this thread.
>>
They showed this scene for the trail barricade,telling us "lol no gyms trails again"
>>
>>33403277
I agree with you entirely. But cunts will say you're 'reaching'. It's enjoyable to speculate, even if you end up disappointed. I hope the next bit of news reveals following Pokemon.
>>
>>33404643
thing is that hardly anybody is debating OP about the rockruff possibly being an exclusive mon that can follow you. Most people are simply arguing that following pokemon in its entirety is not coming back
>>
>>33404556
For fuck sake, it's spelled
T R I A L S
R
I
A
L
S
>>
>>33404325
>>33404376
May not add anything mechanically neither for the story or battles but these small details change the experience for a ton of players
A shift to a more positive experience creates memories, memories bring to a higher entertainment in the short term and nostalgia on the long one

That's why little things like this kind of "useless" gimmicks and detail to environment are pretty important
>>
>>33403277
>followfags still crying about their shit feature which rightfully got removed
Sure kid, don't forget to finally kill yourself this time when it won't be in, hgssbabbies are arguably worse than unovaborts.
>>
There is specific reason for showing that. Game Feeak knows it's what people want so if they imply it's a feature without actually adding it they've guranteed some more sales without any more work.
>>
File: IMG_0413.png (100KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0413.png
100KB, 500x489px
>>33404277
>>33404643

>Pokemon Japan shows us a clip of the player walking towards the top of wela park volcano
>no following Pokemon in sight

Give it up guys, this is the second clip of the player walking or running in the overworld without Pokemon following.

If it truly was in the game then game freak would have made a bigger deal out of it and put it in almost every trailer they could like they did with HGSS. Stop this meme.
>>
>>33404235
>>
>>33404325
This.

Especially with the shift to more realistic sizing and proportions (outside of battle) -- what would they do with Wailord?
>>
>>33404235

Wow bravo you can tell how many models they made just from the trailers XD kill yourself
>>
>>33405376
They are all banking on being able to turn the feature off
>lul
>>
File: 1468512560907.jpg (20KB, 475x479px) Image search: [Google]
1468512560907.jpg
20KB, 475x479px
>he still has hope
>>
>>33404044
Yea what the fuck are you talking about. I've seen this type thread on any pokemon forum I've been too. Gtfo
>>
>>33405488
the guy doesn't venture outside of /vp/ probably, otherwise he'd recognize that following pokemon is one of the features the pokemon fandom everywhere has been crying about ever since Yellow
>>
>>33405536
Yea no shit. You google "following pokemon" and you get a shit ton of hits to multiple forums
>>
>>33403277
You're probably right in saying that all clips have a purpose and are meant to showcase something important. That doesn't mean that they're trying to showcase the thing that you think they are, though. It could be what you're guessing or something else entirely, but the former is more likely.
>>
>>33403929
I liked it alot, I did wish there was more control over it, but I like having the feature enough that i didn't mind not haveing much control
>>
>>33404235
i dont know much about video games and technology, can you explain the first 3 points?
>>
>>33405425
obviously you just limit it to pokemon that are within a certain size.
fish pokemon can't follow because they're fish and need water; giant size pokemon like legendaries can't because they're massive sized, etcetce
>>
>>33404965
wouldn't it be counter-intuitive, since when the game comes out people will be upset, and then not buy it?
>>
>>33405642
I think that anon means that they need to use low polygon models for the overworld for the 3ds to not explode, hence why in order to have following pokemon, GF would need to have created low polygon 3d models for every single pokemon , and/or have decided to actually make use of the 8gb card size the 3ds can have
>>
as someone who USUM to flop because i hate gamefreak incompetence. no walking pokemon and no kanto being in it will help bursting the casuals bubble
>>
>>33405668
ahhh, I see.
GameFreak is incredibly lazy for such an important studio, so I expect very little of them.

without knowing anything about game design, I would ask why can't they just take the battle models and pare them down, as opposed to creating a bunch of new/unique low polygon models.

>>33405688
It'd definitely be interesting to see Kantou as a secondary region in a game that isn't GSC/ a remake of GSC, but I just can't see that happening
>>
>>33404325
THIS
>>
>>33405703
I don't know enough to answer that either, but I presume it entails recreating the entire model because it's using a lower number of polygons and it doesn't work that way to just try and scale down existing ones..or something.
I assume that's why point 1. was that they have to have found a way to make high polygon models fare well in the overworld (it's possible that using the 8gb size for the 3ds could fix that issue) if not having reworked pokemon models into low poly ones
>>
>>33404325
my only wish is pokemon moves are not limited for four. i want a percentage of energy special/physical for every move.
>>
>>33405934
Hi Barney
>>
I can't wait for all the triggered butthurt that will flood the board when it turns out there's no following Pokemon.
>>
File: 13490.png (37KB, 133x158px) Image search: [Google]
13490.png
37KB, 133x158px
>>33404325

>adds nothing mechanically

You're the type of retard that says things like Amie/Refresh, contests, Pokeathlon and other fun side things shouldn't exist either.
>>
>>33403277
>would they risk pissing off the fanbase even further?
The answer will always be yes. You faggots will always eat the steamy pile of shit that comes out of GF's ass and then thank them for it.
>>
>>33404376

Do you think the story, gyms/trials, characters, animations, designs are pointless as well? Should Pokemon just be text and numbers? Because anything besides the damage calculator is useless.
>>
File: tmp_6887-15030885224501749761344.png (267KB, 1920x2080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6887-15030885224501749761344.png
267KB, 1920x2080px
>>33405703
>>33405775
You've probably heard of the low poly models that were datamined from the games, and people have been using this as a basis for following Pokemon to be in, but the flaw with that is these models are messy and have no textures. They are used as the shadow model, because there is no dynamic lighting. Super Smash Bros for the 3DS did the same thing (pic related).

I argue that the fact two different kinds of low poly models exist, like for Tapu-Koko in my first post, implies that the low poly datamined model is not sufficient to be used as an overworld model even if it were textured.

>>33405433
I never said I knew faggot. I gave four possibilities, you can decide for yourself. I just find it hard to believe they would go through that effort.
>>
>>33403277
They are just baiting us, making us think there is pokemon following the MC, but no

Little teasingbitch
>>
>>33406059
>fun side things
Entirely subjective.
At least amie/refresh served a purpose.
>>
>>33403292
Right which is why they animated EVERY pokemon for that specific reason right? So lazy! If they can't get them all in there it's because of the outdated hardware.
>>
>>33405642
He doesn't either.
>>
>>33405703
>GameFreak is incredibly lazy
>Without knowing anything about game design
Like pottery
>>
>>33405660
Then you'd have more people bitching that they can't walk with their favorite than those who'd complain about it not being included at all. It's not worth it.
>>
It will be all following or nothing. More than likely nothing.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
GameFreak doesn't intend to piss people off, but they do, and you idiots keep falling for it.
Just look at the Battle Frontier Project in ORAS.
>>
File: 1481753595749.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481753595749.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>33403277
>There's a reason they showed this clip
yes to laugh at your forever unfulfilled expectations
>>
>>33403277
>the only reason to have the Rockruff scene present would be the piss off players.
Yup.
>>
>>33408862
GF is so lazy you don't even need to know anything about game design to see why. The fact that the recent games are incredibly shallow in content despite the fact they're the devs of the one of the most successful series in the industry should tell you more than enough.
>>
>>33404235
>1. Game Freak somehow managed to get the high poly models to run well in the overworld, and they will simply use those.
That would be impossible Those mkdels have too many polys for the 3ds, especially for the overworld. I can see it for the switch
>>
>>33403277
USM is going to kill Pokemon.
>>
>>33403929
I never saw the hype or why it is so loved. I never felt closer to a Pokemon because it could follow me and the items you could get from them randomly were mostly contest crap BS. I mean it was a nice feature, but I've never really missed it.
>>
>>33409123
no
>>
>>33409123
just piarte the game or buy it used. dont gamefreak any of your money. they dont deserve shit
>>
>>33406059

But... Walking Pokemon, PokeAthlon, Musicals, and PokeStar never added anything mechanically, though? Contests at least had ribbons, but that was the only thing going for them

Amie/Refresh actually does something besides being just for fun, so it's not in the same category as those
>>
>>33409263
If Game Freak doesn't get any money, then we won't get anymore Pokemon.

You didn't think this through, Anon.
>>
>>33410431
wow your stupid. these guys refuse to hire more than 120 employees. for a muliti billion dollar franchise these guys are cheap as hell. so are the games they make. budget is less than 15 million. they only need to sell 1-2 million to break even. stop justifying gamefreak lazyiness
>>
>>33410487
They are actually hiring people right now
>>
>>33410431
for every 1 person pirating USUM, there's about 10000 other people actually buying the game. why should you worry so much about pirating?
>>
>>33405376
Which video is this, out of curiosity
>>
>>33410431
People need to realize that GF simply doesn't give a shit about the quality of the games anymore, and that the actual effort they're putting into these games is extremely low for a developer of one of the most successful game series ever. GF sees this franchise as nothing more than a cash cow now.

If people see this and vote with their wallets, then maybe, just maybe they'll start putting more effort into these games, unlikely as it is.
>>
>>33410578
i cant wait for the deconfirmtion of walking pokemon and kanto. casuals bubbles gonna burst and not buy
>>
>>33410612
A minor aesthetic feature being not included isn't gonna hurt sales. ORAS did fine despite not having customization when XY had it.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.