[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downside to releasing Gen VIII in 2019 than 2018...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Looks like developing for Switch takes up more time and resources for Game Freak than Gen VII :(. It took 12 months to develop ORAS. DP remakes would take 18+ months easily. There would be a game in 2021 for sure. But come on, would GF really have a DP remake on the 25th anniversary? .
>>
So this is what most likely happened...

>Announce Pokemon Direct
>Everyone gets super hyped for Stars on the Switch
>They know it's most likely going to be a port but maybe look a bit nicer
>It's just Pokken for the Switch
>Even worse it's "Ultra" Sun and Moon with almost nothing new revealed
>Massive backlash
>Gamefreak has to do major damage control and immediately announce a Switch game even though development hasn't even started yet
>>
File: joji.png (111KB, 330x391px) Image search: [Google]
joji.png
111KB, 330x391px
>>33402811
>Everyone gets super hyped for Stars on the Switch
Everyone meaning the stupid morons who fucking believed a tranny/Eurogamer "leak"? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>33402811
They were hiring for console game in March. 3 months before announcement..
>>
Idc whenever d/p remakes come

A new generation needs the most focus. Make games memorable. So people get stop bitching about remakes
>>
File: H2x1_generic_WiiU_image1280w.jpg (65KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_generic_WiiU_image1280w.jpg
65KB, 1280x640px
>>33402581
heres another downside. it's not dual-screen anymore. now we have to switch screens when we want to look at something else, instead of see it during what we're already doing
>>
>>33402863
Oh the horror of playing on 1 screen. Reminds of playing pokemon gen 1-3 and having a blast
>>
>>33402811
That didn't happen at all. Did you even watch the Gameinformer interviews? They have been planning this for a long time.
>>
>>33402863
There is fuck all on Sun and Moons bottom screen anyway
>>
what if we get a dp remake on 3ds before the switch games
>>
>>33402863
I rather play 720p on literally a portable Xbox360 than burn my retinas with the 3ds

>SM
>second screen features

oh how am laffin
>>
>>33403271
>a dp remake on 3ds
kill yourself
>>
>>33402811
>>Gamefreak has to do major damage control and immediately announce a Switch game even though development hasn't even started yet
It doesn't work like that. Directs are put together at least a week before it's shown.
>>
Masuda said it takes them at least 3 years to complete dev'ing a new gen game (counting from the start of the current gen)
>Gen 7 started in 2016
Meaning the switch game is likelier to be 2019 than 2018, and meaning that they'd probably come up with another game in 2020 too (possibly sinnoh remakes)
> There would be a game in 2021 for sure.
Why? 25th anniversary isn't something as big as the 20th or 30th
>>
the amount of legendaries in XY and SM made it obvious both of them would be 3 year generations.

I dont think Generation VIII was ever going to come in 2018.
>>
>>33402811

Development on the next generation starts as soon as the gen starting games of the current generation are done, slightly eariler even because the higher ups can enter pre planning while the programmers/artists are just making stuff that's been mapped out.
>>
>>33405464
>amount of legendaries in SM
>all Mythicals already distributed in Japan
What did he mean by this
>>
>>33402581
Diamond and Pearl won't get a remake. It is as simple as that.
>>
>>33402811
Development definitely started probably as early as they received the Switch specs or at the very least when SM development finished. The game is probably no where ready to even be shown though (pre-alpha, not even a working engine, haven't even finalized the designs).
>>
>>33405646
right, it'd be a new precedent, but theres not much of a reason or explanation for a 2 year generation, it's never occurred before.
A gap year (which HAS happened before, look at 2001 and 2002, since RS were released in the fall) would make a bit more sense.

in every generation there has always been one year without a game (1997,2001,2003, 2007, 2011, 2015...2018?)
>>
>>33405672
Masuda already said they will keep doing remakes though
>>33405681
It definitely starts as soon as the current gen begins, otherwise Masuda wouldn't say they need at least 3 years from the beginning of a gen to shit out the next gen
>>
>>33405672
I wish you were right
>>
>>33402863
Yeah, but we'll have more buttons they'll probably actually use because they'll be on all versions of the system rather than just some too.

Also switching screens isn't necessary. Best way to go from two screens back to one would be to use overlays at the press of a button (like ZL/ZR) rather than entirely separate menus.

Of course that's assuming they won't be fuck ups, but it's possible.
>>
>>33402811
>Gamefreak has to do major damage control and immediately announce a Switch game even though development hasn't even started yet

Because they were looking for graphic artists for positions ending Spring 2018 for a game they weren't already working on.

I mean, obviously they needed Vita level graphics designers for US/UM, right?
>>
>>33405875
>Of course that's assuming they won't be fuck ups, but it's possible.
Try not to have high expectations
>>
>>33402811
The game was in development retards, they just underestimated the autism of the fanbase who immediately jump to "IF I CAN'T SEE IT IT DOESN'T EXIST WAHHH"
>>
>>33402830
How about you get the fuck out of here? "tranny". Fucking piece of shit, that's what you are :^)
>>
>>33409715
TRIGGERED
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.