[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEEPEST LORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Misty and MegaGyarados.png (449KB, 859x306px) Image search: [Google]
Misty and MegaGyarados.png
449KB, 859x306px
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: sunzoom.jpg (12KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
sunzoom.jpg
12KB, 300x340px
>>33402455
>>
>>33402455
Didn't know M.Gyarados was a legendary Water Pokemon...yah know, like how that whole fucking scene in the anime was about Misty wanting to catch a legendary Water Pokemon.

No lore, fuck off.
>>
>>33402859
You would also think Mega Gyarados is a Legendary if you had no idea what Mega Evolution was. Stop with this retarded argument.
>>
>>33402866
Do you have no logical sense in you?
Do you honestly think they had Mega evolution planned out in gen 1 yet waited 6 generations to do it? Are you actually that stupid?
It's not an argument when it's fact, it WASN'T MegaGyarados and you idiots need to stop claiming it is.
iirc this scene shows Misty daydreaming of catching a legendary water pokemon but missing her chance.
>>
>>33403048

No but its possible they had evolutions planned that never saw the light of day. Then they recycled some designs for mega's
>>
>>33402859
To be fair, the devs did say that Megas were supposed to elevate mons to the strength level of legendaries or something along those lines.
>>
>>33402455
Man I was thinking about this yesterday
"What if Misty had a mega Gyarados, like the legendary pokemon she deamed about?"

I was sure they would never give her a mega....I was wrong
>>
>>33403061
Possible but Gyarados having a normal evolution that they turned into a Mega instead is improbable. It was strong enough as it was.

>>33403090
They also said they gave mega's to fan favorites and Gyarados is one of them. Also, Mega's aren't old designs, they talked about how they chose the pokemon to give mega's to and how they went about designing them.
>>
>>33403048
It's called a retcon
>>
>>33403192
no it's not...sigh...no point in arguing with idiots, idiots will believe what they want even if they sound completely stupid. If you believe that was MegaGyarados, 5 generations before Mega pokemon were a thing, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>33403217
retcon

noun
1. (in a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.
"we're given a retcon for Wilf's absence from Donna's wedding in ‘The Runaway Bride’: he had Spanish Flu"

verb
1. revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
"I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned"
>>
>>33403048
It could also be the other way around. It's possible the "legendary water Pokemon" inspired Mega Gyarados to some degree.

POSSIBLE. But, not an absolute certainty. I personally think it's a coincidence that they look similar. They could retcon it into actually being Mega Gyarados and just pretend Megas always existed, but it's doubtful since the studio probably doesn't even remember that episode.
>>
File: IMG_8275.jpg (47KB, 491x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8275.jpg
47KB, 491x521px
>>33403217
>sigh
Stop posting
>>
>>33403217
>sigh

I knew you were baiting by your posts but you just blew it so hard retard
>>
>>33402455
Kewl.
>>
File: pokemon old promo exeggutor.jpg (129KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon old promo exeggutor.jpg
129KB, 800x557px
>>33403217
>If you believe that Alolan Exeggutor, 6 generations before Alola pokemon were a thing, i feel sorry for you
>>
>>33404913
Game freak got design inspirations from other Medias.
>>
>>33402455
Simple true, is that Game freak got design inspirations from other Medias such as that legendary Pokémon in
Misty dream and etc.
>>
>>33403217
There are fans of fictional media who don't know what retroactive continuity is? In 2017? Retcon is an extremely basic concept.
>>
The morons from r/pokemon have arrived.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.