[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Pokken is a competitve game"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Mad_Treecko.png (99KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mad_Treecko.png
99KB, 320x240px
How can you say that after watching this

https://twitter.com/ZyflairGriffane/status/901847460162682880
>>
What a shitty game. I can't believe they wasted time developing a sequel
>>
How does this thread make you feel?
>>33399729
>>
>>33401603
Doesn't answer my question. Must be casual gamer but they want this game to be competitve and it's cheap garbage
>>
>>33401586
Never see shit like this happen in the tourneys, so it doesn't bother me.
>>
anything can be competitive numbnuts
>>
>>33401634
But this game was made for competitve use
>>
>>33401595
It's a full priced port with same graphics and fps
>>
>>33401663
not my problem
>>
It can be a casual game and really competitive when u play online matches. Not as easy as the scrubs in this board. It is a good and enjoyable game
>>
>>33401586
empoleon deconfirmed thicc
>>
>>33401717
Well won't be my problem when games flops because of laziness. Game will be dead competitively 2 times lol
>>
>>33401586
You weren't going to play the game or compete, what does it matter how competitive it is? Just move on.
>>
>>33401870
And? People on this board need to see this game is broken

I'm saving them money
>>
>>33401879
I like the game and going to get it. Sad for u that u don't like.

Bear in mind that the clip was just in the demo. I played so many online matches on wii u and it didn't happen before
>>
>>33401981
A pokemon that wasn't in the original game
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 960x1280px
>>33401586
>a board where the majority plays """competitive""" Pokemon complains about a game not being competitive
>>
>>33401879
You don't have the game either and this is just from the demo. Either way, not really a deal breaker since I've mained Yoshi in Melee whose grab hitbox is just as bad as pikachu's long distance attack in pokken.
>>
>>33401586
And?

This shit is standard faire in fighting games. In fact, Pokken is much better than most fighting games when it comes to shitty hitboxes.

I get that this board doesnt play video games, but dont act like you know what youre talking about if you dont actually partake in them.
>>
>>33402599
Anon, I don't care about OP or competitive, but I have literally never seen something like this in any fighting game. At least, not this blatant.
>>
>>33402684
>openly admit not knowing shit
>waah why does no one care about my shitty opniion
>>
>>33402684
You know it happens though, so yeah of course this example of a demo's bad hitboxes (which may even carry over to the first update) would upset you, but I'm just used to this shit

SFV, Monster Hunter, even Dark souls has this weak hitbox bullshit and it's just a common error if you ask me. I want to play this game because I like Pokémon and I like tekken, so can we discuss the game now or is it still a bait thread topic?
>>
>>33402820
Please read the title of the thread.

How can pokken be competitve with blatant hitboxes. Its most garbage thing to display

They want pokken to be competitve but with this shit. Its gonna be dead again. People get so defensive when you critique something so obvious regarding a pokemom game on here
>>
>>33402833
Not trying to be hyper defensive but just explaining you're putting this way out of proportion. This kind of shit happens in many games that people consider competitive, literally anything can be competitive even with glaring, obvious flaws.
How was Melee competitive when pichu existed? Explain pichu's hitboxes and Melee's popularity then, since apparently one fighter's hitboxes and a game's popularity are 100% correlated.
>>
>>33402865
Competitiveness*, not popularity
>>
>>33402865
Monster Hunter and dark souls are not competitve

Hitbox is huge in fighting games. Clear disadvantages when you attack and it doesn't register. Its should considered a huge issue

If you don't play competive and only play casual this thread isn't for u. But for a fighting trying to be competive it's an embarssment
>>
>>33401586
I'm pretty sure that's because Empoleon is just on the edge of Thudnerbolt's effective range. From a different angle, you would see the attack start to fizzle out there.
>>
>>33402883
I only brought them up to explain to you that hitbox detection error pervades lots of 3D games lol
It would be a huge issue if it couldn't be patched out, or if the problem was completely inescapable/unavoidable which it isn't.
This is literally the most cherry picked example you could've brought up. It's a demo, at the very end of the attack sequence, etc. Show me a real problem to moan about competitiveness over.
>>
>>33402924
>>33402954
This, he's just standing at the edge of the attacks range, fuck off OP
>>
>>33401586
It makes me feel like they know what real life is and you don't for complaining about it.

Hint: If you shot a bullet in between someone's legs you wouldn't hit them either.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.