[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Gamefreak release more concept art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: latiken.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
latiken.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
Why doesn't Gamefreak release more concept art?
>>
Because that implies they go through a concept-art stage - they probably snort cocaine and bang hookers for 9 months out of the year and double down for the last three months to actually make the game.
>>
>>33396437
because idiots will undoubtedly hate anything they make and say gamefreak is running out of ideas
>>
>>33396437
Why can my waifu be a real character in a real game

Or at least have a card dedicated to her or something. Such a flawless design, squabdered.
>>
do you realize how much people would bitch about whichever concepts did or didn't make it into the final game
>>
because they hate showing how they actually make their games

GF is like that one kid in school who you see for like 1 day and does something cool and then never see again until next year
>>
>>33396437
I like to think that concept art and pokemon they don't use for a generation, they put in a "future use" binder and can use it at a later time. They don't post it to not reveal future pokemon, etc.

Who knows though, maybe I'm thinking the best
>>
>>33396437
Because they might want to use them in the future.
>>
>>33396918
There's this, we know they've reused designs in the past.
Plus, that would give all their competitors permission to take a concept, slightly alter it and add them to their own games.
>>
>>33396437
New games are rushed.
So, concept art become the official art.
>>
>>33396918
This, like the broken Shellos and Gastrodon sprites in gen 3
>>
>>33398651
Shellos and Gastrodon make a lot more sense as gen 3 Pokemon. The pink one was a land slug that lived in west Hoenn, while the blue one was a sea-based variant of the same Pokemon who lived in east Hoenn. That's why they're both Water/Ground.
>>
File: Xurkitree_SM_concept_art.jpg (985KB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
Xurkitree_SM_concept_art.jpg
985KB, 1280x909px
>>33396437
they've shown us plenty of reference art
as for concept art, they usually don't show it much because they might want to use those ideas later
or they just don't feel like it
>>
>>33398651
>like the broken Shellos and Gastrodon sprites in gen 3
I'm pretty sure the only relic of Shellos and Gastrodon in gen 3 was their unused beta cries.
>>
>>33396609
Anon, that kid died.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.