[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: p13440014_b_v8_aa.jpg (306KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13440014_b_v8_aa.jpg
306KB, 960x1440px
I still relevant
>>
>>33392601

No, Yo-Kai Watch

You were a fad, you were never any serious competition to Pokemon.
>>
>>33392601
SM is basically Yokai Watch but with Pokémon, I it 2 years max
>>
>play YW2 to kill time until the next Pokemon game
>in one section of the game, there's a mandatory quest that can only be done in daytime
>there are no warps in this area and the trains don't run at night, so there's no way to leave the town
>if the clock turns to night during this section of the game, the only thing you can do is stand around on the overworld for half an hour until it flips back to daytime
>>
Isn't YW slowing down in Japan, the one place it was actually relevant? Honestly, the monsters just aren't appealing. Even Pokemon have pokemon based on Japanese legend and they look a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>33392679

What similarities does Gen 7 have to Yokai-Watch that aren't just superficial?
>>
>>33392899
Anime wise it's the same thing
>>
>>33392919

Not really.
>>
>>33392919
No
>>
>>33392870
This is my problem with the franchise, honestly. A lot of the designs are really shit, and try too hard to be quirky and funny.

Which is a shame, since the games aren't too bad.
>>
>>33392928
>>33392941
yes
>>
>>33392919
Nope
>>
>>33392970
good rebuttal! you really showed them.
>>
>>33393020
You really showed me
>>
File: inunyan.png (291KB, 892x1019px)
inunyan.png
291KB, 892x1019px
Psychic Specters comes out on the 29th next month! try it out!
>>
File: 1503108348882.gif (795KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1503108348882.gif
795KB, 500x375px
>>33392601
I still love you
fuck your befriend rates though, also your online mode is SHIT

But honestly though I really do love YW, the monster designs are great if a bit of an acquired taste and the environment is lovely. I don't know how people lapped up the shiftiest that was gen 6 while shitting on YW2. Pokemon fans are a sad bunch

>>33393521
maybe I will
maybe I will
>>
File: wat jibanyan.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
wat jibanyan.png
190KB, 540x482px
I unironically love yokai watch.. and am very sad to see how swiftly all merch for it was taken off the racks or switched to clearance.

If it dies, at least it was a nice run that didn't extend it's welcome.
>>
>>33392601
I get yokai is gonna get hate on a pokemon board but the newest game psychic specteors looks so fucking good and packed with content
>>
>>33392680
Or you can sleep to change time idiot
>>
Tfw when you play YW2 and there's so much stuff to do and just keeps adding more and more and more and more and more and more....

And then you remember Pokemon SM and go to point A watch the cutscene, go to point B watch new cutscene and in the meantime you have such "exciting" side features as Pokefinder, Pelago and Battle Royal

YW might be dying (then again 3rd game still sold better than the 1st game) but its brimming with content while Pokemon sells great but its dying inside because the devs just dont care
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 1000x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 1000x777px
>>33392601
>TPCi/GameFreak cannibalised their own game and anime to fight this
>it's not even relevant a year later
Will never stop being funny.
>>
>>33392601
I loved all the yokai designs and you could tell some money was put into it cause it looked good but i just couldn't enjoy the combat.
>>
>>33394513
Not during the sequence where you're collecting parts for the prototype Yo-kai Watch. There's no way to leave town because the trains have stopped, so you can't get to a bed (the warp doesn't appear in that town until post-game).
>>
>>33394634
You can sleep at your grandma's house idiot
>>
>>33394643
Your Grandma's house is in the next town over. You need to take the train to get back to it, which you can't because it doesn't run at night.
>>
>>33394616
I don't really think taking a few elements from another thing and putting it in yours can really be called "cannibalizing" it.
>>
>>33394660
What are you talking about? You can use Mirapo, you unlock it before even going to the past
>>
>>33394672
Mirapo doesn't appear in that town until post-game. You're literally stuck in that town until morning.
>>
>>33394680
Thats not true, Mirapo is near the bus station
>>
>>33394695
The only two Mirapo in the past at the point in the game are in the town your Grandma lives in and the train station next to that town. When you talk to them, they don't even ask you where you want to go since they can only send you between each other. Old Springdale just doesn't have a Mirapo until much later in the game.
>>
File: fumey-chan.png (646KB, 700x918px) Image search: [Google]
fumey-chan.png
646KB, 700x918px
>>33393786
i remember thinking it was another cool battle anime, but all the fights are really just solving a problem or good old cartoon violence...unlike the video games. it's just plain good
>>
>>33394716
You should be able to sleep in the grandma's house in the past anyway.

Maybe you did something wrong or overlooked something, I never heard of anyone else with the same problem
>>
>>33394739
For the last time, Grandma's house is in Harrisville, not Old Springdale. The only way to travel between the two towns is to take the train, which doesn't run at night in the past. Doing a google search for "old springdale night" reveals that I'm not the only one who's gotten stuck in the town:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/786515-yo-kai-watch-2-bony-spirits/74372503

It's a huge oversight on the part of the developers and it's not even hard to trigger. If you happen to be in Old Springdale when it turns night, you're just fucked for the next half an hour. You can't even do the last story quest, because the watch shop is closed.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.