[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon that are native to their region are harder to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: 1483391884269.jpg (21KB, 225x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483391884269.jpg
21KB, 225x245px
>Pokemon that are native to their region are harder to find than Pokemon that aren't native to the region
>>
Name ten (10) Pokemon that do this.
>>
>>33390654
Have you even played Sun/Moon?
>>
>>33390627
Well technically the Pokémon in question are actually native to their region. Pichu is just as native to Alola as Pikipek, and actually more than ARat and Yungoos.
>>
>>33390654
(you) and out
>>
>>33390627
I can say Slugma wins most cucked of the year every year.
>doesn't appear in Johto despite it being released in Gen 2
>appears on an unimportant cycling road in Kanto where almost everyone forgot HAD tall grass

Also it failed to stand out in Wela Volcano, cannot remember if it was even there. Never encountered it, which is criminal considering there being no active lava flows in the USA or Japan. Slugma should have been everyone but instead He-Man Diglett instead. Fucking sakes GF, look in the mirror and clean it up.
>>
>>33390654
GSC had Chinchou and Houndour and a couple others locked into Kanto
also Yanma and Marill were like 1% except for when someone phoned you about a swarm
Pidgeys/Rattata/Nidoran lines everywhere in Johto
>>
>>33390627
That happens irl and is called invasive species, or smth like that I'm not a native english speaker so I don't know if it is called that way
>>
Alola is the new Johto
>>
>33390654
Mareanie (SOS chaining Corsola)
Mimikyu (5% chance in one location in the entire game)
Dhelmise (1% chance in one location in the entire game)
Wimpod (Two locations, runs away)
Salazzle (Salandit are 87.5% male and only available in two locations in the entire game)
Turtonator (Available in one specific location you can easily forget about and walk past)
Drampa (Only in the cave part of mount Lanikala, 10% chance)
Alolan Exeggutor (literally one island in the lategame)
Crabrawler (literally only in berry piles)
Stufful (two locations, 5% in both)

And that's just gen 7
>>
>>33390654
>Feebas
>Comfey
>Corsola
>Mother Fucking Vespiquen
>Rotom
>Marinie
six off the top of my head, can probably think of more
>>
>Kantonians smuggle pokemon native to Kanto into other regions in a twisted conspiracy to spread master Kanto race to every corner of the globe and eradicate all non-kanto life
>>
>>33390654
>Comfey
>Oranguru
>Passimian
>Drampa
>Jangmo-o
>Dhelmise
>Meranie
>Mimikyu
>Turtonator
>Stufful
>>
>>33390627
Define native. Beldum technically first appeared in Hoenn, but there weren't any in the wild. Given he's the son of a mogul, he probably caught it while on vacation in Alola.
>>
>>33390755
This. It is specifically a theme in SM. Alolan variants, Yungoos, even the Ultra Beasts, are all a part of this theme.

However, GSC has no real excuse besides the fact the games were shameless expansion packs and the developers genuinely had a profit motive in shilling the already popular Pokemon over the new ones (outside of those they felt confident would sell).

By RSE they stopped being as retarded about it (plus Hoenn was much farther from Kanto than Johto).
>>
>>33390679
Maybe he's complaining about A-grimer, A-Rattatta, and Yungoos?

Alola does have a lot of invasive species
>>
>>33390834
>However, GSC has no real excuse besides the fact the games were shameless expansion packs and the developers genuinely had a profit motive in shilling the already popular Pokemon over the new ones (outside of those they felt confident would sell).

I'm feel pretty sure the reason they made so many Gen II Pokemon so rare is because they were still acting at the time like these new Pokemon were actually newly discovered species in-universe, and them being super rare explains why they aren't in RBY.
>>
>>33390834
>>33390748
>>33390718
>>33390834
That just means slugma, chinchou, and houndour aren't native to Johto.
They're new Kanto species. Just like how in Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 had additional species become native with the 6m/3yrs in between, like Riolu, Mareep, Nosepass, and Absol.
>>
Kalos has it at least as bad as Alola.
>introduce Mega Evolution
>only pokemon from other regions can Mega Evolve
>>
>>33390718
Slugma had a pretty good showing on Mr. Ember in FRLG and again in RSE.
>>
Tauros in johto
>>
>>33390769
I had no problem catching any of these, for fuck sake I got a dhelmise on my first bubble spot in seafolk village. You ppl need to learn fucking patience.
>>
>>33390769
>Alolan Exeggutor (literally one island in the lategame)
Any Exeggcute will evolve into one
>>
>>33391129
Why are people bitching? One literally attacks you when you get to the island. I just caught that one instead of evolving one.
>>
>>33391025
Diancie
>>
>>33391150
Introduced in ORAS, IIRC.
>>
>>33390834
No, devs were scared that kids would reject any mon that wasn't genwun, so most of the new mons were meant to not rock the boat too much and also be rare and thus cooler. It was a good strategy and we can thank GS for allowing every game after it to get made.
>>
>>33391125
Yeah fishing is really easy with something with suction cups or sticky hold as the front of your team.
>>
>>33391206
Except Johto was a largely all new mon and you had to play through it to get to kanto.

I knew many kids who thought beating the elite 4 was still the end just like RBY, and never once knew about going over to the other region.

Like, after RSE came out they still didn't know. They had never beat them. Didn't bother.

I know this because it came up when we tried and failed to trade mon between gen 2 and 3. I assumed you could do it through the time machine same as 1->2. So I caught a Xatu or something, made sure it had no new moves or items, and was gonna trade it for a Togetic.
>>
red squirrels are native to my country and they're now rarer than grey ones, an invasive species
>>
File: Slugma_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (89KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
Slugma_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
89KB, 480x361px
>>33390718
Fun fact about Slugma.
>>
>>33390855
Pretty much this.
>>
I think it's called game design
Nobody wants to find rare OLD pokemon. That's absurd. The rare, elusive pokemon should be new ones so that people go out looking for them.
>>
>>33391125
>have patience
>I got it on my first try lel.

Imagine being this retarded.

The keyword here is "harder". Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that they aren't.
>>
>>33391629
The point is that you can play the older games if you want to find old Pokemon. You can have new Pokemon and have some that are elusive.
>>
>>33391629
imma gonna tell you about an even better game design, it's called making plenty of rare AND common pokemon
>>
>>33392035
*new pokemon
>>
>>33391484
Did you play GSC? There is a very large amount of Gen I Pokémon in Johto and there are a few Gen II Pokémon that you can only find in the Kanto post game.
>>
>>33390834
>This. It is specifically a theme in SM. Alolan variants, Yungoos, even the Ultra Beasts, are all a part of this theme

The player character itself can be seen as such. Comes flying in from Kanto to show Alola how it's done and becomes the first ever Alola League Champion.
>>
>>33391629
and its bad game design to have a 50% Wingull/Pelipper encounter rate on nearly half the areas of the game.
>>
>>33390654
The swords of justice are obviously Kalos native but are easiest to find in Unova.
>>
>>33392410
Alola should build a wall
>>
>>33393296
They don't even appear in Kalos!
>>
>>33390654
I would say zorua is easier to find in kalos and hoenn than unova, but I'm pretty sure they're kalos native. Scraggy is easier to find in unova than in any of the regions based on Japan, I assume they're not unova native since they're based on asian street punks.
>>
>>33393473
>>33393473
It's only native to Unova and route 113 Hoenn and only as a hidden in Hoenn.

Pretty sure it's Unova native. Remember Hawlucha is Kalos native.
>>
>>33390627
My favorite feature of S/M. Not joking.
I liked fact you had to search for them.
>>
>>33393223
It,s a good thing as it creates memories from region.
>>
>>33391978
The game isnt hard because you dont have patience dipshit. Some of those mons I had to look for atleast an hour or two, but I just kept at it instead of running and bitching like you faggots for not finding it in the first 30 mins of looking. It was annoying as fuck trying to chain pikachu and mareanie, but I just kept trying. That's my whole point. Me saying I found something on the first try is just dismissing that idiots like you think that a 1% chance of something means you're going to spend half a day on it.
>>
>>33390748
Chinchou is at the Olivine Harbor.
>>
>>33391572
> Volcanic ares
> is found near cycling road in gsc

???
>>
>>33390718
Slugma's not in Alola in the first place
>>33394953
>defending poor encounter distribution
>defending pelipper
Drink bleach and hang yourself
>>
>>33395627
They are still making their way to cinnabar. Probably even realized they cant cross the sea
>>
>>33393223
No it isn't, there aren't just one pokemon on each route so why does that matter?
Seabirds are common at sea, wow
>>
>>33397607
>this makes it okay
Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>33398442
What makes it not okay?
>>
>>33390654
Audino is easier to catch in unova but it's kalos native.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.