[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why can't they have bigger budgets for the games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1499101393120.png (28KB, 883x158px) Image search: [Google]
1499101393120.png
28KB, 883x158px
So why can't they have bigger budgets for the games?
>>
They can have any budget they want.

Creatures inc said this

What do you expect in 3ds game. Full scale AAA game I don't get it
>>
Because Pokemon fans will play anything with Pokemon in the title. Why put effort into it?
>>
Because it they costed more to make, they'd net less profit. Plus it's more work. Why bother, they're already successful?
>>
>>33389546
>GF makes a massive big budget game
>now every game afterwards is expected to be as big
>instead of yearly releases we'd be lucky to get them once every 4-5 years
Also fuck Star Wars, those movies are so boring. I will literally never get the appeal.
>>
>>33389546

Bloated budgets are what's killing games; look at the western AAA industry.

Why is there so much DLC, season passes, pre-order bonuses and other stuff like that? Because they need all of that just to make their money back.

Nintendo franchises are among the few AAA franchises that still have reasonable budgets and don't need to sell a million copies just to break even.
>>
File: ohmori.jpg (76KB, 789x633px) Image search: [Google]
ohmori.jpg
76KB, 789x633px
>>33389585
>I have the worst shit taste imaginable on the internet or anywhere else
That's the only thing I could read from this post
>>
>>33389546

They probably aren't THAT concerned with budget, as opposed to quickly releasing games.

The games now have the 3d models made that they will reuse until the end of time. Think of how easy oras must have been to make. The models were all from X, the base game from some GBA games. Pokemonamie/super training/etc. are all from X. Move tutors from B2/W2.

All they did was model the map, make some new megas, and remix music. That doesn't take a fucking budget, they just wanted it out in a year.
>>
>>33389603

>I have the worst shit taste imaginable on the internet or anywhere else
That's the only thing I could read from this post
>>
It's funny that you think that they have a budget problem instead of an effort problem.
>>
>>33389603
Star Wars is the safest, blandest, most accessible sci-fi fantasy franchise.
>>
When they release on Switch, they will almost assuredly be 60 dollars. Which I am fine with if they have production values to match, and great post game.

If they just release a 60 dollar pokemon game on Switch that has the same shitty pokemon models, barely better than gen 7 graphics, and saves all post game for a third version they try to get people to double dip, then fuck them
>>
>>33389651

The Pokemon models are already future-proofed so that they don't have to make new ones for a long time, they're extremely detailed and high-poly, which is why the 3DS lags when they're more than two on-screen at a time.
>>
>>33389646
>I hate star wars
>I'm so cool!
>>
>>33389546

That's exactly WHY Pokemon is the biggest media franchise; they don't spend any more than they need to.
>>
>>33389662

I've seen the 1080p pokemon gameplay, and I feel like they could be a little better if they are going to go to console and start charging 60 dollars. But even if they didn't poly up the models, there's tons of models that just look like shit because of their poses, and they could also put lots of effort into animating the models so each pokemon has personality instead of just walking forward and having a claw animation flash from nowhere. Unique death animations for each pokemon ala stadium games would be nice as well
>>
>>33389646
>safest
>protagonist kills scores of children
>>
File: 1503427963122.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503427963122.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>33389546
because none of you assholes buy the fucking games
>>
>>33389646
you're on a pokemon board dude you cant call anything shit when you literslly deep throat garbage
>>
>>33389701
Your on a Pokemon and calling the thing garbage

Do you have nothing better to do on a Saturday? Than go on board of a franchise you don't like
>>
>>33389686
>Unique death animations for each pokemon ala stadium games would be nice as well

The games already have these, they're just sped-up in order to not waste time and to keep battles going at a quick pace.

Stadium/Colosseum/GoD/PBR were all slow-paced due to all the animations.
>>
>>33389646
>Yeah l-lets talk about Star Wars on the fucking pokemon board
In the real though, nah. That prize goes to Star Trek or the worst series ever made Doctor Literally Who and Rick and Morty. Now get off /vp/.
>>
>>33389750

Does Rick and Morty even count considering that it is (or at least started out) as a parody of Back to the Future and other sci-fi series?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170816-172744.jpg (590KB, 1439x2246px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170816-172744.jpg
590KB, 1439x2246px
>>33389546
They always hire extra people
>>
>>33389786
Nah I guess It doesn't really since that's all It really is
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.