[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best the anime has been in years. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Anime-Poster-Sun-and-Moon[1].jpg (293KB, 578x770px) Image search: [Google]
Anime-Poster-Sun-and-Moon[1].jpg
293KB, 578x770px
This is the best the anime has been in years. Prove me wrong.

>simpler ghibli-esque art style allows for more consistently good animation
>filler episodes are focused on the main cast instead of COTDs no one gives a shit about
>takes itself less seriously, unlike the XY anime where everyone has the personality of cardboard
>slice of life format fits better because the adventure style plot never actually fucking goes anywhere anyway and Ash always just inevitably fails at the league
>>
If we got a new protagonist like the manga I would be interested
>>
>>33385631
>>simpler ghibli-esque art style
The difference here is that ghibli creations look wonderful while SM is fucking wonky and has extremely ugly redesigns and overall terrible outlines. Not to mention the quality sometimes.
>>
Honestly it's a complete reworking that die hard fans might find jarring, but I think it's a breath of fresh air. Even if it follows the common tropes of school kid adventures seen in anime at the moment (i.e. yokai watch) it's still enjoyable, which is saying something considering how many of the past seasons have been the same stale boring shit.
>>
Just switch to Yokai Watch already, retard.
>>
File: 1497133116249.jpg (55KB, 770x470px) Image search: [Google]
1497133116249.jpg
55KB, 770x470px
>>33385631
>ghibli-esque art style
stopped reading there
>>
>>33385631
I almost feel sorry for you anon, seriously no matter how hard I tri to demean you yoa are already on the lowest,
>>
>>33385631
This board will be full of people from /padt/ shitting on you in a few minutes.

Anyways, yeah i'm enjoying it aswell
>>
>>33385747
>board
*thread
>>
>>33385631
I enjoy parts of SM, but the execution frustrates me to no end. It wants to be a funny SoL series that doesn't take itself too seriously and is all about the cast and jokes and the school setting? ok sure, fair enough, is for kids so I'm not gonna complain about it if that's what the writers think would work better for alola, I'm curious even.

SM doesn't even have to be original, it could just copypaste what millions of SoL have done before it, but adding pokémon. Anime has harvested so many SoL and school-comedy tropes over years and years that it surprises me SM has used so few of them. No Illima as iincho that clashes with ash's ways but both end up bonding over their love for battles? No burnet as a math teacher or something so that they can make a "the kids try to trick kukui and burnet into having a date because they're cute together" episode? no "shenanigans ensue as the class tries to help ash study so that he can pass the final tests" episode? team rocket hasn't had a "meowth meets alolan meowth and it's better than him in every way" episode yet? hell even that meme /padt/ likes to spout about a "principal oak's pun festival" episode could work if it focused on the kids putting together a school festival that TR tries to sabotage to steal pikachu and shit, and oak's puns is a surprise show he puts near the end of the ep that makes everybody run away in disgust, then the narrator says "to be continued" with an equally disgusted voice, while olivia is the only one that is still stitting there laughing at the puns. Possibilities for nonsensical japanese school tropes are nearly infinite. And from all of them, they've only used the beach and baseball episodes, if I recall.

At this point I'm more curious about what the show will do when it starts going deep into the UB plot, since it can either go all serious all of the sudden or try to paint the lusamine situation in a more lighthearted way. I just want to see the UBs animated, to be hones.t.
>>
>>33385631
Already dropped it, and I'm an autist who has been watching the anime for years (except for BW, which I also dropped).
>>
I really enjoyed XY, and was just what I needed to jump back into the franchise after a decade. That said, I'm also really enjoying SM. It's a different anime, it's going a different direction, and that's a breath of fresh air. XY was cool and all, but we all knew how it'd play out - we've seen it happen 5 times before - but SM is doing something new. XY looked nice in stills, and the 3d camera made battles actually fucking interesting for once, but SM is far more interesting to watch, because the animation is so much more expressive and dynamic.

They're both enjoyable seasons, but for different reasons, and I get why people don't like it, but I strongly disagree.
>>
File: ash-sun-moon.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ash-sun-moon.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>33385631
Those stupid faces, they don't just disgust me, they make physically angry in a way I can't explain.
I shouldn't hate them as much as I do.
>>
File: DH_KxhqV0AEcvGi.jpg (61KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
DH_KxhqV0AEcvGi.jpg
61KB, 1200x674px
SM is really only good for the sex appeal of the girls.
>>
>>33385747
It's been an hour
>>
>>33385631

>Other characters rarely get much development aside from a few episodes. Humans mostly get development while Pokemon don't get much, if anything.

>The trials were all rushed as hell just to get to more filler.

>Filler episodes are very boring even though a few of them are character-centric.

>Good animation doesn't make the shitty art style any better.

Even BW is better than this.
>>
>>33385631
Yo-kai watch is funnnier and more entertaining
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.