[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-proclaimed experts of the franchise, admit your achilles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: birbu.jpg (98KB, 620x581px) Image search: [Google]
birbu.jpg
98KB, 620x581px
Self-proclaimed experts of the franchise, admit your achilles heel(s) when it comes to Pokemon knowledge ITT

Mine:
>Often forget Cottonee's name since Whimsicott sort of overshadows it in my mind
>Still don't know the exact canon names of the Sun/Moon protagonists (Elio and Selene?)
>>
always forget which dual type mons have normal added to them
not good at remembering which route has which number
>>
I'm shit at competitive. I could tell you names, types, gens, towns, what have you. But I've ever tried competitive battling.
>>
Neatly anything to do with the anime goes beyond the scope of my knowledge
>>
Can't remember Finneon's evolutionary line
Still don't know what color pikachu
>>
Anime and side games. I played and liked Conquest. That was it. Haven't seen an episode of the anime since Orange Islands.
>>
>>33384054
>Still don't know what color pikachu
yellow. glad I could help
>>
Sometimes I forget a certain type combination's weaknesses and what it resists prior to gen 7.
>>
>>33384039
Still don't know what half the natures do. I always have to look up what stat gentle and naughty boost, and I forget as soon as I close the bulbaped page.

There are over a hundred items I don't know anything about. I discover a new berry every now and then, and that most of them have no effect in battle doesn't help.

Everything between the hoenn and BW seasons of the anime is unknown to me. I only know a few details of the johto and XY series too.

I still don't know if phione is a legendary or not.
I have no idea about what any of the side games is about except for the first mystery dungeon.
>>
Idk shit about competitive breeding or anything related, I also don't know anything about gen 7, played through it once and didn't even do all the stuff available. Tried to play through it like 2 more times, but I just kept resetting.
>>
why do any of you people in this thread call yourselves experts of the franchise. all of you are pointing out big flaws in your own knowledge
>>
File: depression.png (3KB, 142x194px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
3KB, 142x194px
I always forget Azumarill had fairy typing added to it
>>
>>33384039
Proper type coverage, no matter how balanced I make my team, it has massive trouble with one specific type, for example, in my X run, I had trouble with poison, in AS, I had trouble with flying.
>>
>>33384039
I can't ever remember if Fighting resists Poison or not. Or if Bug resists Poison. Or the other way around for the latter.

I forget when Prankster doesn't work on Dark this gen, unless I'm the one using the Dark type.
>>
>Rock doesn't resist itself
>Ground doesn't resist fire
>Ground doesn't resist steel
>>
>>33384039
Names, Ion every three pokemon evolutionary line I always forget the name of the pokemon in the middle, this is specially true for pokemon starters, Popplio, ____ & Primarina,Litten, _____ & Incineroar, Rowlett, ____ & Decidueye, Turtwig, _____, Torterra, it happens every single type, is it just me or are middle mons pretty forgettable?
>>
>>33384534
I'm not bad but I'm certianly waaay worse on middle evos. Tsareena's middle completely elude me and I just had to double check Krookodiles twice to check I was right,

I also used to think some Gen 2 mons were Gen 3 when I was a teenager because I went from Blue to Sapphire. Skarmory mainly. Since I'd never seen a steel type before Aaron
>>
>>33384534
Aaaargh, fuck you!! Now I can't remember them!
>>
I skipped the Hoenn + Frontier anime arc and never went back to watch it
>>
>>33384039
Half the time I forgot what types are weak to which without it being glaringly obvious.

Like water vs fire no shit, but I forget almost every time that dark is effective against ghost types or that bug is effective against psychic
>>
>>33384039
I didnt know about power trip until yesturday
>>
>>33384039
I kept forgetting alola muk was half dark and threw psychics at it.
>>
>>33384039
I still don't have the type chart memorized.
>>
Can never fucking remember Drapion's weaknesses (I mean the first hurdle is remembering its fucking type)

Also can't remember the +/- of a single nature other than Adamant & Modest. I think Bold is +Def but no idea what its - is

I'm not a self-proclaimed expert, I just wanted to feel included :^(
>>
The routes and caves. I'm a literal retard eith those stuffs.
>>
>>33385063
Drapion is only weak to ground attacks. But, a good Drapion will have no weaknesses. Look up citizen snips and get comfy anon.
>>
File: Snip.png (17KB, 711x217px) Image search: [Google]
Snip.png
17KB, 711x217px
>>33385193
I'm enjoying this
>>
I haven't learned any of the names of the seven sages - not including Ghetsis
>>
Some resistances just fuck me up.
I had to look up if Grass resisted Ground yesterday
>>
>>33385250
Zinzolin and Ghetsis are the only two I ever remember
>>
>>33384039
I know next to nothing about the TCG.
>>
>>33385250
there's Rood and Zinzolin. I only remember Rood because of his stupid name
>>
>>33384534
Only a normie forgets starter names
>>
>>33385355
rude
>>
>>33385538
lewd
>>
>>33384039
Don't really have one per se.

The only thing I can recall failing at is to not check all the possibilities for something sometimes.

Like someone who randomly wanted to recreate their Gen 1 team in Gen 6... They asked me how they could teach their Mew, Mega Punch and Metronome.

Because they said "teach" I then told them they couldn't because I only checked the TM/HM/Tutor lists in my head. Derp. As I was shoirtly corrected, it, of course, learns them by level up which I didn't even think about because of their wording.

Not really a weakness in my knowledge, just a rare case these days of me not catching an aspie moment and fucking up as a result.
>>
>>33384534
primacy and recency effect in learning : - 3
>>
>>33384461
I still sometimes forget that Rock doesn't resist Bug.
>>
>>33387085
It makes sense that it should though
>>
I forget Drapion's type and what is super effective against it
>>
>>33384039
I'm really dumb with some type
combinations, and what they'd be weak and resistant to, like Grass/Rock.
>>
>>33384136
I always have to remind myself that azurill exists
>>
Thinking Carnivine is gen 3 instead of 4.

Forgetting which normal mons changed to fairy/other or became normal/fairy or weren't changed at all.
>>
>>33384039
I didn't know until a few days that Kyurem-Black isn't Electric/Dragon and Kyurem-White isn't Fire/Dragon.

I always forget Toxicroak's typing: water/poison/fight/dark, pick 2.
I know Drapion is Dark/Poison, but I never remember if Skorupi es Dark/Bug or Poison/Bug.
Sometimes I forget Azuril isn't part water type, but normal.
>>
>>33384039
>20+ years playing the franchise
Still can't manage to build a decent VGC competitive team
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.