[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So 27 days left anyone else hype for Pokken dx

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: pokkentournamentdx3_thumb.jpg (55KB, 554x304px) Image search: [Google]
pokkentournamentdx3_thumb.jpg
55KB, 554x304px
I think pokken better than mainline games
>>
no i don't like the gameplay
>>
Most people don't give a shit about Pokken anon
>>
i wish they threw in like, 2 more S/M mons

i didnt even like those games but they had a great lineup of pokemon
>>
>>33382494
I'm gonna get it just to fuck around with, it's got no longevity but I just personally like to master my favorites.

I got Machamp, Gengar and Weavile under my belt, gotta master Empoleon and Scizor now.
>>
>fighting game players find this too childish and complicated
>Pokemon players are too shit for fighting games

What were they thinking?
>>
>>33382590
They should have made a kart racer like mario kart or 3d platformer.

Fighting genre is not casual friendly.

Maybe they thought. They could casualize the main games more and fighting game for hardcores

But no way that will happen in success
>>
>>33382494

Yes, of course.

The Switch thus far is doing the 'one big release a month' thing, and it's the only game between now and October's Super Mario Odyssey that doesn't have Rabbids.
>>
>>33382613
Pokken not a big.

Nba 2k on switch will be bigger in September
>>
>>33382617

You cannot possibly think a third party NBA game is a bigger release on the Nintendo Switch than Pokkén DX. Only one of these had its own Direct.
>>
>>33382661
Yes it will. Also they were better off not having a direct for it. It created negativity and bad buzz in Pokemon buzz
>>
>>33382494
I'm looking forward to it but I'm nowhere near as hyped as I was for the original.
>>
>>33382545
>it's got no longevity

It's at every FGC major with decent entrant numbers and the online for the WiiU game is still active.
>>
>>33382918
Bullshit. Only half showed up in a latest tournament.

Why the dead scene? Because Nintendo wants to kill off the Wii U and didn't allow Harada, the director, to upload the dlc characters to the Wii U version.

Yeah, Nintendo's fault for killing this game off.
>>
>>33383178
But the scene isn't dead

>Only half showed up in a latest tournament.

Source?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170818-142737.png (241KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170818-142737.png
241KB, 1080x1920px
>>33383740
>>
>>33382590
>easy enough to learn for casual gamers and pokemon fans
>enough depth and complexity that hardcore fans will enjoy it and a competitive scene can exist

They were trying to achieve what most games should. I haven't followed the scene very closely, but my impression is that they did a pretty good job of this.
>>
>>33383752
That's LCQ, which was just before the championships. Most LCQ people are grasping at straws at that point.
>>
Is weavile top tier?
>>
Who did you fags main/going to main?

I mained Pika Libre before, but I'll probably end up maining Scizor because bug type best type.
>>
>>33386108
I'm planning on playing knife cat and maybe owl on the side. Then again, I only have the demo to go by, so I'll have to see if their playstyle suits me.
>>
My latest fav would be owl. Quite a number of tricks up his sleeves
>>
>>33382494
>same month as MvCI and DBFZ demo
also, there's no way you'd like Pokken over the main games, even the newer ones
>>
>>33386108
Was a Suicune/Blaziken faggot but I'll probably give Empoleon a shot.
>>33387109
>MvCI
Anon...
>>
>>33387125
better than pokken
>>
Despite the small roster, lack of storyline etc. The game itself is really pretty entertaining, smooth and dynamic. It can be really competitive also from the online players i have seen. Its not as simple as button smashing. For newbies, its also not that hard to play. I actually think its harder for newcomers to start fighting games like smash.
>>
File: 1405022455324.png (93KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1405022455324.png
93KB, 650x650px
>>33387220
>Smash harder than Pokken
>>
I think you're a fucking dipshit
>>
>>33387260
Smash doesnt have a hp bar like usual fighting game and it involves platforming. It takes time for casuals to get used how to actually fight or win
>>
>shit roster
>no music covers from the original games
>its just a game with the pokemon brand tacked on it
even conquest was better than this, fuck this game
they shouldve just made fighting styles and let you choose whichever poke you wanted to play
limiting the roster so much killed the idea
>>
>>33388330
Lol u r the most retarded person around. So u think its that easy to design fighting style and moves and skillsets. If they were to make every pokemon playable, u can be sure that the quality would definitely be like shit. I would say that even though the roster is small, at least each individual has their unique fighting style and its dynamic to play with them
>>
>>33382494
Played the demo a little, its a shame it's limited to 15 plays cause I barely managed to get the feel of my character. That said I'm still buying it day one, cause I liked the original.
>>
>>33388330
>no music covers from the original games
Your shit taste disgusts me

I'd rather get a whole soundtrack full of Magikarp Festivals than 62829th remix of Champion's Blue battle theme.
>>
>>33388619
Delete the demo and download it again
>>
>>33383752
>>33383945
Entry to the World Championships was restricted to people who had qualified for the WCs, and people who had registered to play in the Pokkén LCQ.

Doesn't take a genius to work out how to get in to spectate your preferred game.
>>
>>33388675
Huh, didn't guess it would be that easy. Thanks. I'm really liking Empoleon by the way.
>>
File: 1491469388199.jpg (22KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
1491469388199.jpg
22KB, 380x254px
>>33389221
Scratch that, I fucking LOVE that sliding fucker now. Def. maining him now. Btw has anyone figured out how to use Surf? I keep mashing the jump button after the Aqua Jet but nothing happens.
>>
hope you fucks never doubt ever again that fire types are TPC favorite type.
>>
>>33389476
I think you need to mash b during the Aqua Jet and you have to land a hit with it. Only played a few matches as Empoleon though so I'm not sure.
>>
>>33390045
Yeah figured it out already. Turns out I need to hit B after the initial hit, not during the follow up (uppercut). Pretty dope.

Favorite attack so far is Ice Beam into slide into buttslam (dat hitbox). Testing Defog combos now, absorbing projectiles is pretty fun.
>>
Just in case anybody doesn't know yet: to get past the 15 match limit, just delete then redownload the demo.
>>
>>33386108
Empoleon/Decidueye I'm kinda glad the demo has empoleon but I hate the 15 game limit and tutorial clicking bs they put in it
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.