[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 52

File: Gladion-SM4.jpg (121KB, 505x716px) Image search: [Google]
Gladion-SM4.jpg
121KB, 505x716px
Old >>33348983

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/XDU1wEnz

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges to get 45 free packs (use Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games)
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
>>33380291
This card is fucking ridiculous. If you prize certain essential cards in your deck, this thing basically becomes Computer Search but as a supporter with no discard.

>prize DCE
>Lele for Gladion for DCE
>Rare Candy in Gard/Metagross
>makes 1-1 lines much more viable
>Greninja support, Passimian and such support

Easily a 1 of in every deck. It's just too handy.
>>
>>33380333
I dont think its so useful as you cant know whats behind the prize cards. Its a russian roulette
>>
How many pika packs for a passimian?
>>
>>33380348
>Ultra Ball
>see what's prized
>"oh hey I can Gladion for it at any point in the game"
>Lele for Gladion
>get it

This card is basically a situational Rare Candy, DCE, Field Blower, any given tech search card based on your prizes. Nothing you need prized? Then just discard Gladion and opt to Sycamore instead. Got your last attacker prized? Gladion it out. It's way too useful. If it were out for worlds every finals would have been different.
>>
>>33380366
I meant Oranguru lol
>>
>>33380348

What the hell are you talking about? Gladion is basically Triumphant's Alph Lithograph and the Poke-Power from Undaunted's Rotom in Supporter form.
>>
>>33380369
>>33380376
Nevermind i thought you could only look at one of your prizes
>>
>>33380375
1 Pika. Just put up offers for all 3 oranguru from sun and moon, not the promo because the promo sells for 1 BUS.
>>
Whats the rough translation for Gladion please?

I dont speak moon.
>>
>>33380400
Look at your face-down Prizes cards. Switch this Gladion with 1 of them, flip your Prize cards back over, and shuffle them around.
>>
>>33380333
>Pop down lele, search contents of deck.

If needed trainer is in deck:
>Lele for Skyla
>Grab needed trainer
>play.

If needed trainer is prized
>Lele for gladion
>pull it out of prizes
>play

It's great. Every deck 1-of.
>>
File: 432px-SableyeBanditRing44.jpg (72KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
432px-SableyeBanditRing44.jpg
72KB, 432x600px
Would the sableye get prized or i only look my prizes?
>>
>>33380463

You put your prize in your opponents discard and their Gladion in your prizes.
>>
>>33380463
I think it might fail. We need an official ruling for this situation.
>>
>>33380484
Youre not using Gladion but Sableye's effect, thats why its worded this way.
>>
File: 1471670639015.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471670639015.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
ROTATE BW OUT OF EXPANDED BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1st THERE'S WAY TOO MANY CARDS AND DECKS ALREADY, WE DON'T NEED MORE.
>>
>>33380008
I feel like I remember reading somewhere that a completed set is worth a lot.

So they might be buying them to mass open, complete sets, then sell complete sets?

Each box is like, 6 items. I don't know how items a complete set is but probably less than 50, meaning it can't be too hard to create them.

Also, I know that a previous set was charizard, so I'm guessing they rotate as well? Which means that while they might be super cheap now, eventually collectors who started after they stopped being available will be falling over left and right for them because they have to have that 1 hat they just love so much, no matter how many they have to open.
>>
>>33380512
Why complaining? Nobody is using most cards there.
>>
>>33380484
A good way to steal Gladions.
>>
>>33380490
So Pika-packs are an accepted fiat currency?
Despite the fact that any citizen can just print more? That's just bad economy planning.
>>
>>33380512
I rather like it, it means that there are less constant repeats of people using the same shit over and over again.
Then again, it makes things less predictable, and more of a challenge.
>>
Little known fact:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trainer_Token

You get trainer tokens for logging into the pokemon.com website and playing their browser games, reading their news articles (different countries' portals count as separate instances of reading), and earning stamps.

All Tokens earned and cosmetics bought are shared between PTCGO and Pokemon.com, though don't update their count until new tokens are gained at that source.
They don't share the same cosmetics.
>>
>>33380463
I think it would depend on the translation. If it ends up saying "put this card in your prizes", then you'd put the Sableye there, and presumably discard any attached cards. If it says "put this Gladion in your prizes" as Pokebeach says then it wouldn't, because Sableye isn't a Gladion.
>>
>>33380577
its little known because you can farm more playing the tcg
>>
>>33380584
You can see the "Gladion" written in the card's effect
>>
>>33380589
To a point. Eventually you hit where you only get like, 5 tokens per match. At which point spamclicking your way through 15 news articles is gonna go a lot faster than another 3 matches.
>>
File: 1482313955607.png (3MB, 1795x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1482313955607.png
3MB, 1795x1656px
>>33380536
Once again, child's game, not real-world economics. For every anon in this thread there's at least a hundred other players who might care about their appearance in-game, even if you rarely ever see it. It's like asking why people pay real world money for cosmetics in MMOs: it appeals to them by improving their appearance. Plus, if you have all these extra cards lying around you'll never use why not just trade them off to somebody for something you can use to potentially get that cool hat you want?
All I know is it is an incredibly good flipping method and will continue to do so until that is no longer the case.
>>
File: HSP_EN_HGSS03.png (171KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
HSP_EN_HGSS03.png
171KB, 245x342px
>>33380604
If you copy any of Pikachu's attacks the effects are still applied even if your pokemon is not Pikachu, for example. Thats why its still confusing. (They changed the wording to "attach to this pokemon" but sill...)
>>
would someone bite 2 float stone and 1 super rod for my pika pack?
>>
File: bueqwdn.png (907KB, 1316x756px) Image search: [Google]
bueqwdn.png
907KB, 1316x756px
I flip and I flip but the suffering never stops.
>>
>>33380626
okay but you can't print cosmetics in MMOs. I understand buying cosmetics, and even using them as currency. I've played TF2. I've been there.

The issue is that you can't make TF2 hats appear out of thin air. They are rare drops, where frequency of drops are essentially timed, so there's no way to speed them up. If you get incredibly unlucky and get nothing but spare weapons for weeks you can grind them down into an inordinate amount of scrap to thereby craft one, forcing the matter. Both take forever though, so if you're not patient enough to wait you must buy crate keys with real world money. Then comes the matter of actually opening what you want, but that's true for the packs as well so I'll ignore it. So since incredibly difficult to obtain new without paying real world cash, they are essentially another unit of real world cash.

Technically you have inflation, because there's not a finite supply. But people's unwillingness to part with ones they like effectively takes them out of the system. So only severely disliked hats became dirt cheap.

Pika packs are 55 tokens. That's a quarter of a tradelocked pack of cards. I could buy like 30 of those right now if I wanted, and I have not gone out of my way to earn tokens in any capacity.

With 6 cosmetics in each pack, and only 35 items in the entire set, I see no way you couldn't gain anything you wanted in an afternoon, without giving away tradable product.

If you were saving tokens for something else and had a bunch of commons lying around sure I understand it. But what else are you going buy with them? If you're opening that many tradable packs, enough to be essentially mass buying cosmetics with your commons, anything they could buy are actively outclassed.

And then we have the matter that this seems to be a permanent fixture. Its not just a onetime event that lasts a day or two until an autist gets his fix. IT KEEPS HAPPENING.

Have you noticed? Is it all one guy? A group of regulars? Total randos?
>>
>>33380794
What is your goal?
>>
>>33380869
People who flip, how fast do your trades normally occur?

Cause I've been trying to flip zoruark breaks 2-1-2-1 and its just not happening.
>>
>>33380869
You realize you can flip a pika pack right? Only scrubs open locked packs for deck pieces. 1 pika for 1: Mew, Talonflame, Volcanion, Garbodor, Raichu, Greninja, Typholosion etc. Then you can flip those rares into BUS/GRI.

I will say it again you are massively over thinking this value discussion. What are you even arguing? No matter what you say, no matter how frustrated you get that won't change its value. Maybe people think its a real pack? Maybe they resell the avatar costumes? Maybe they just need a rare but dont want to use a pack, but they will use their junk cards?

You also fail to address that making a trade costs tokens. The top traders have plenty of cards in their collection, but few tokens. Nobody who knows the true value of tokens for flipping will burn them for 1 Pika. But newbies? They have nothing to flip. Most newbies dont even know how to trade a Pika pack. Or they do have some random commons and they trade it away because why not? Pika Packs wont get you a Tapu Lele GX directly. Nobody would take that deal. So even with infinite tokens you could never make a meta deck with the expensive staples. You still have to flip those pika packs somehow. thats something very few in this game have even discovered, let alone can do consistently. So no, even with infinite pika packs it doesnt mean shit. You have to exchange them for something else. Even if I trade all my Pika for 1,000s of trainers, i still have to flip those trainers into more value because nobody is going to take my 1,000 Sycamore for 1 lele. See how pika in the grand scheme affect very little? Infinite pikas are worthless, its what you can trade them for in theory, and only if people accept the trade where the value comes in. It gets too tedious once you build a larger collection, pikas are for starters.

>>33380928
Zoroark Break buy for 1 BUS sell for 2 BUS. Buy Zoroark Stand In with .5 pack sell for 2 BUS. I could never get Zoroark with Pika, if you meant buying it.
>>
File: 1499691323822.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499691323822.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>mfw all this autism over Pika Packs
Look, you all are putting about 90% more thought into this than the type of people who trade for these things. It's probably just kids and normies who actually give a shit about their appearance but would rather spend their coins on useless locked packs. They probably open most of their tradable packs too, which is where they get all that crap they trade for pikapacks from.
>>
>>33380938
>Zoroark Break buy for 1 BUS sell for 2 BUS.
Right, like, that was what I was trying to do, a basic buy for 1 sell for 2, as I was recommended to start out doing a couple days ago, and nobody was biting.

Cashed them out for what I started with, tail between my legs, and swapped to Octillery, cause I figured that for sure was seeing decent movement.

So again I ask, how long do trades normally take to get bitten?
>>
>>33380971
Zoroark flipping is really dead ever since Burning Shadows dropped and even further with Gard GX on its rampage. Octillery is one of the best flips for 1 pack right now. And with rotation it will only get better. as for how long? couple hours. Sometimes 1 hour. Trevenant is another good flip due to Lele Promo coming very soon.
>>
>>33380987
Okay, thanks. So I just chose a bad first commodity, and my current one is solid. Good to know.

Good luck to you.
>>
>>33380990
Try to have multiple stuff to resell. Increases your chances across the board each session. So keep reselling Zoroark, but dont hold too many. 1 day someone might be undercutting you. But the next day you are the only one selling at the right price with offers getting accepted quickly. Like octillery you can get 3-5 BUS depending at the time of day. If you sell for 2 it gets accepted fairly often pretty fast. If you sell higher it takes longer, might even fail. But octillery is one of those cards that will only go up with all the brigette 1st turn decks.. Also remember 8hour offers get loaded faster. Otherwise all you can do is wait.
>>
Anyone else ever have an issue where cards in your deck don't appear to be in your collection?

I have a deck with two rare candies, each a different set.
But if I check my collection one of them is missing, and if I remove it from the deck I can't add it back in because it doesn't see it as there.

I'm afraid to edit the deck for fear it disappear completely, and also afraid of more cards turning into ghosts.
>>
File: gen6_tcg.jpg (866KB, 1568x1188px) Image search: [Google]
gen6_tcg.jpg
866KB, 1568x1188px
Now the dust is oficially settled, rate the Mega/BREAK era.
>>
>>33381171
>the Mega/BREAK era
Calling it that is pretty misleading since only 3 megas were ever popular (Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Gardevoir) and only two BREAKs (Zoroark, Greninja). The format was still mostly either big basic aggro or FoGP bullshit.
>>
>>33381181
It's called mega break because that's what we're released then. They were the gimmick.

It's like saying "ancient trait era"
>>
>>33381186
If that era is primarily related to the 2016 season, then it's safe to say the format was trash. Night March was the obvious BDIF with the next five decks all being Night March counters, culminating in a Worlds finish by a nippon meme deck. One of the worst formats in a long time.
>>
>>33381161
Log in and out. Check trade history to confirm if your cards are actually being traded away.

>>33381181
Why did they make BREAKs so bad? Bronzong, Machamp Arcanine etc all so fucking terrible
>>
>>33381250
Bronzong was made to combo with the PHF version. One is a promo and other is from evolutions.
>>
>>33381260
It can use the triumphant or next destinies Bronzong, that break is terrible its a worse greninja break.
>>
>>33381274
No? The card was made to counter NM as you can snipe multiple pokemon. They dont even have the same attack.
>>
>>33381287
Breaks are shit. Fuck off
>>
>>33381295
Im telling you why the cards exist not saying they are good. If every AT was a cheap promo they would be bad as well.
>>
File: kartana.png (1MB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
kartana.png
1MB, 1008x1008px
Random twitter translation says:
>Ability discards a special energy from opponent's pokemon when you play from hand
>First attack lets you shuffle kartana back into the deck
>GX attack takes 1 prize. That's it.
>>
>>33380512
Screw you, I love my turn 1 Ghetsis plays.
>>
File: DIEuD06WAAcI2JH.jpg (108KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
DIEuD06WAAcI2JH.jpg
108KB, 496x693px
I think it prevents damage from stage 2's if you have a certain other regi on the bench.
>>
>>33381828
it's like an enhanced hammer for metal decks that you don't need to play items for.

>>33381857
I'm really hoping they did enough to make a regi deck quasi-viable but i doubt they did given the different energy costs and lackluster attacks. At least 70 takes it to 100 with choice band so it's a 2HKO on basic/some stage 1 GX.
>>
>>33380512
The entire point of expanded is to be the very diverse big boy format where everything except cards that are broken by new card or shit that never should have been printed in the first place like LTC.
>>
>>33381892
RIP ToadPuff plays with LTC.
>>
>>33380987
what's "fliping"? noob here
>>
Can you play Gladion after playing Town Map
Or do you even need Town Map if you play Gladion?
>>
>>33381828
>>33381857

Looks like they really want some gardi counters.
>>
>>33382671
I don't really see how.
That kartana is not able to OHKO one gard, even with energy+dce+choiceband+weakness, it could do so with kukui, but so can bisharp.
And discarding special energy isn't really that annoying to Gard, a lot of decks don't even run dce.
As for the regice, right now just seems bad, it's weak to guzma and most of the stage 2 played are also GX. It's good against gards with gallade, but it seems to weak in virtually all other matchups. We need to see what the other regirock does.
>>
>>33381828
*unsheathes Kartana* *takes prize* *leaves*
nothing personnel kid
>>
>>33382605
Gladion is for face down prizes, so no
>>
>>33381968
I remember my old vengeance Flareon deck having 3 Leafeon and 4 grass energy just to counter toad.

I wounder if I should add them back in now that Vespi doesn't have Forest. Should come as a surprise to any Turbo Dark Deck.
>>
>>33382600
Buying cards for a cheap price to reselling them.
For example, buying an Octillery BRK (price 1.5) for 1 Guardians risings pack (Value 1.0) and reselling it for 2 Guardians risings pack.
>Prices
http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c1f_CdC_RIlzz_JMfFjBQmfZmgUXjkBlE86EzcJQOI0/edit#gid=1768215359
>>
Are mystery Power boxes actually worth it?
>>
Hey guys, new player here. Considering playing in paper so I just want to know roughly how long will Tapu Lele GX stay in standard before rotating out. Please tell!
>>
>>33384778
About 2 years.
>>
>>33384795
Thanks
>>
Got 18 BUS Packs. What do?
>>
Oh fire damage challenge.
>>
>>33385445
stimulate your prostate with them.
>>
>>33382925
Po Town, my nigga, Po Town.

Po Town damage puts it in range, a lot of decks, Garb/Drampa in particular will run it.
>>
>>33384778
It's safe. Just entered. Don't buy any shaymin unless you intend to play extended though.
>>
My skyla lost the league promo symbol... how did developers even cause this?
>>
>>33385445
Post codes for them
>>
>>33382600
You can turn something into something more. So say I got a pikachu pack from the shop for 55 tokens. Then trade that pika pack for 1 talonflame gale wing. do this until I have 4 talon flame, then trade the 4 Talonflame for 2-3 Burning Shadows. You turned 220 tokens into 2 tradeable packs. it can get pretty lucrative if you find a system that works, which usually depends on whats popular in the meta.

Once you get some packs you can start flipping higher value cards. Like >>33383672 mentioned, you can buy octillery for 1 BUS/GRI and at this moment sell for 3 BUS/GRI sometimes 4 or 5. Thats how players amass a collection with free to play. When you get more packs you can flip higher value cards. Like buy Tapu Lele GX for 25 then sell for 30 packs.

>>33385445
Flip them until you get Lele GX/Computer Search. Or open them and get crap.

>>33385579
Known glitch the league stamp isnt always visible for some reason. If you meant you lost Skyla they made mistakes on duplicate card foils like league trainers and they eventually merge them together when they feel like it.
>>
I need a deck to work towards is there anything reasonably good in standard that uses Hitmonchan Heracross or Aggron?
>>
>>33385983
Well for Expanded you can run Hitmonchan (Evolutions 62), Jab for 30, attach strong energy for +20 damage. Then attach Focus Sash so it doesnt die instantly. Korrina searches hitmonchan and focus sash. Run some regirocks for +10 damage. Super Scoop Ups, acerola.

Heracross is pretty bad, you can make a Mega Heracross EX deck I guess.

Aggron is the more viable card. run a Mega Aggron Ex deck wtih Fliptini. Aggron Toppling Wind:
>When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may discard the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck.
Run Devolution, Life Dew, Scoop Ups, AZ,trick shovel and attack with Junk Hunt Sableye to spam Aggron's ability.
>>
>>33382925
DHelmise
>>
>>33386057
Is there any way to run that kind of hitmonchan in Standard?

Thanks ill probably go with aggron for now
>>
>>33385579
The same way I somehow got like 30 reverse holo SM lightning energies despite those cards literally not even existing.
>>
>>33386080
You lose focus sash, plus power, hypnolaser, korrina. for standard you can run a golbat line, or raichu from burning shadows that paralyzes. Or Salazzle with its ability can poison and burn so you get +30 damage to get those 2HKOs. Lycanroc is a solid fighting attacker to build up on the bench. But its pretty gimmicky all around.
>>
>>33386141
Im pretty partial to fighting types so could I do some kind of regirock ex zygard carbink lycanroc kinda thing?

I just won my first tournament so thats cool . Started 3 days ago
>>
So, this happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTptp1q-Hw
>>
>>33386179
No idea what im doing desu

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 3 Carbink FAC 50
* 3 Hitmonchan EVO 62
* 2 Regirock-EX FAC 43
* 3 Rockruff PR-SM SM06
* 1 Lycanroc BUS 76
* 1 Lycanroc-GX GRI 74
* 2 Lycanroc-GX PR-SM SM14
* 1 Zygarde-EX FAC 54

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74

##Energy - 10

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 4 Fighting Energy 6
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
>>
>>33382605
you don't need it. Gladion lets you look at all of your prizes and switch one to your hand and put Gladion into the prizes instead.
>>
>>33386179
Do passimian. Decently reliable. Psychic/fighting deck.
>>
>>33382605
Never play town map. Gladion and rotomdex are objectively better because they get the needed thing out of your prizes altogether.
>>
>>33386609
Town map is better than rotomdex in greninja as you can water shuriken and get the card bewtween the turn.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-26+at+12.55.43).jpg (267KB, 1107x688px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-26+at+12.55.43).jpg
267KB, 1107x688px
Th-thanks
>>
>failing at flipping for trades for GUR packs
>decide to open the 10 packs of BUS I've got
>second
Sometimes the RNG smiles upon you. Opened the rest and also got a SR Choice Band.
>>
File: Infinite Rainbow.png (912KB, 1270x747px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite Rainbow.png
912KB, 1270x747px
>>33386989
Of course I forget to attach the pic,
>>
File: volcanion standard.png (665KB, 914x534px) Image search: [Google]
volcanion standard.png
665KB, 914x534px
How would you standardized this deck post-rotation?
>>
>>33386977
Go out swinging boy! Choice band dark energy dark pulse for 90!
>>
File: BURNING RING OF FIRE.png (1MB, 1370x871px) Image search: [Google]
BURNING RING OF FIRE.png
1MB, 1370x871px
>>33387009
Like this.
>>
>>33386989
>>33386995
GRI is really hard to obtain in flips honestly. Everyone is hoarding them for the BUS eventual crash. You can do BUS : GRI at 1:1 ratios. Maybe put up some commons you dont need with the pack to sweeten the deal vs all the other offers. Pretty crazy pull though. Trade it for some GRI or build a deck around it since it is one of the best in standard.

In general when I want Guardians I just ask for 1 pack less than what I get with Burning Shadow. Of course that depends on the flip.
>>
File: kiawe's fire fun factory.png (674KB, 888x478px) Image search: [Google]
kiawe's fire fun factory.png
674KB, 888x478px
Is this how you play Volc in Expanded? I usually only play Standard.
>>
>>33387432
-4 energies
-1 Acerola
-1 Guzma
-2 Blacksmith
+1 Ranger
+4 Max Elixir
+1 Ace Spec
+2 Energy Retrieval
>>
>>33381828
Obnoxious as fuck and turns killing a 1 prize giver into 2 prizes giver, which is very good actually. Just snipe some babby and then use the GX attack when one card is left.
>>
>>33387944
You are like a little babby, watch this.
>>
anyone having problems with the tcgo rn. it got stuck at loading game from server screen. bout to uninstall and re-install. saw someone had the same problem yesterday
>>
>>33388280
Yea, I can't connect either. I think something's wrong with the server.
>>
>>33388355
good. cuz i uninstalled and re-installed twice to no avail. glad its not my system or something . hopefully its back up soon
>>
down here too.
>>
>>33388280
same here, got a fuck load of BS code cards ready to drop from a few Elite boxes, stuck at 0% loading
>>
>>33388804
Login currently offline try again later
>>
can I post IRL pulls here?
>>
>>33388933
I have to set off to work in half an hour, i wanted to get a few games in
>>
>>33388355
>>33388793
>>33388804
>>33388933
>>33389003
sucks bros, i just got off work and wanted to get some games in.
>>33389001
this is the appropriate thread yes.
>>
Server is working for me now
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-26+at+09.01.56).jpg (268KB, 1286x988px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-26+at+09.01.56).jpg
268KB, 1286x988px
That's hot. anybody knows if these are tradeable?
>>
>>33389569
No
>>
>>33389583
Ah I see. Anybody knows a good Volc/Ho-oh list?
>>
>>33389628
>not just running typhlosion and YOLOing it

Hit a 400 damage eruption earlier.
>>
>>33380333

>card gets revealed
>people unironically thinking this isn't going a one of in EVERY deck

do you negros remember how much of a big deal Legends Awakening Azelf was? This is even better since you don't have play a bench fodder card and Lele searchable. Decks that play key pieces like Stage 2 decks just got a bit more consistent.
>>
>>33382925

All basic heavy decks should and will run Po Town. If the rumors are true that we get a Beast Energy then i look forward to the toolbox UB decks.
>>
>>33389980
When I first read it i thought it was you pick one prize card at random then shuffle the others, but once i realized what it actually meant it becomes part of every search engine.

It's especially big for decks that get super prizefucked like Greninja.
>>
>>33387430
Any idea when it's going to crash?
>>
What's the best pack for trades?
>>
>>33390731
>FA Guzman
>Gardevoir

It wont fall below .75 value.
>>
DOwn for anyone else?
>>
File: 2017-08-26 (1).png (2MB, 1517x853px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-26 (1).png
2MB, 1517x853px
Scraped together this deck

Improvements?
>>
Anyone got a solid post-rotation Brickninja Break deck?
>>
>>33391165
Nest balls are more useful than level balls, you can get all your pokemon but Carbink break and Lycanroc instead of just Carbink and Rockruff.
>>
is it worth to buy GUR/BUS booster codes and use the reedeemed packs to trade for some useful stuff?
>>
>>33391287
Buying codes is very popular. But its worth waiting for a good deal. usually in bulk.Wait for something like .35 or lower for each code on average. Buying codes is the fastest way to build a deck, though the free to play route is also viable. worth it? Thats subjective, but it sure as hell is faster.

>>33391165
Acerola? Lets you troll Gard GX with your Zygarde/Strong Energy/Choice Band/RegiRocks swing for 1 energy then acerola so they dont get the 2HKO.
>>
>>33380536
Welcome to Quantitative easing us style
>>
>>33391329
I don't have a good idea on prices but as a new player with pretty much nothing in my collection I can at least jump start it by getting some staple trainers and leles
>>
>>33391396
If you are patient you can pick up lele for 25 packs maybe less. Most GXs are cheap volc is 1, metagross is 2 golisopod is 5, espeon1, ninetails 1, Gard GX is really hyped right now obviously. Trainers like guzma/N/Sycamore/UltraBall/Choiceband can be obtained with pikachu packs which are 55 tokens in the shop. You really dont need too many packs unless you want Tapu Lele GX or Computer Search.
>>
is this game balanced?
>>
>>33391424
most decks need 3-4 copies of their GXes so that's more than just 1 pack each

pikachu packs are a meme
>>
>>33391446
Thats still ridiculously dirt cheap, and i dont get your point. 4x1= 4? obviously. You can of course over pay to get stuff faster, but what is your point? Pikachu Packs get you most small value stuff. No reason to use 1 Burning Shadows pack for 4 choice band/guzma/floatstone. no reason to pick up garbodor for 1 pack.
>>
>>33391446
>pikachu packs are a meme
Work for me. 2 normal trainers or one normal rare, like clockwork.

And if you choose your rare right, you can trade it for 1 BUS. So you are essentially buying 1 tradable BUS for 55+8+8=71 tokens.
>>
File: 20170826_154347.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_154347.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
always wanted Primarina
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-26+at+06.49.55).jpg (414KB, 1252x913px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-26+at+06.49.55).jpg
414KB, 1252x913px
>>33391548
>>
Server down again?
>>
>>33391481
What is the appeal of guzma when escape rope is a thing?
>>
>>33391969

You get to choose which Pokemon to switch with Guzma while Escape Rope only lets you choose your own Active Pokemon and your opponent switches their Active Pokemon. Guzma also doesn't boost Garbodor's damage output.
>>
File: Gladion-SM4.jpg (158KB, 505x716px) Image search: [Google]
Gladion-SM4.jpg
158KB, 505x716px
>>33380463
Gladion specifically refers to itself by name, so I think it would fail.
>>
>>33380794
Buy Tropical Beaches and stomp in expanded with a fully-blinged Primal Groudon EX deck.
>>
>>33389583
I thought they are tradeable after you hit level 16.
>>
>>33392319
Only daily challenge packs, not special challenge packs.
>>
>>33392290
>you will never play a groudon deck

600 fucking packs for the stadiums, tropical beach reprint when?
>>
>>33392455
800, the 150 offers don't get any bites.
>>
>>33380794
How?
>>
>>33392704
Flippy dippy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (933KB, 965x690px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
933KB, 965x690px
Rate my deck.
>>
>>33392779
0/10, I don't even know what you're trying to do.
>>
>>33392792
He's crearly trying to smash all his UR in one deck
>>
>>33392792
>>33392792
Having fun.I can easy go to the middle of the 2 star ladder before getting my ass kicked.
>>
>>33392792
I was too harsh.
1/10, at least you have a Lele.
>>
What do I do with non-BUS/GRI packs? I have a bunch of tradeale old standard packs wasting dust, should I just opem them all already? Not like they're worth much and I've got 30 BUS and all the Leles I need already
>>
>>33391528
Which rares do you usually go for? Garbodor, Volcanion?
>>
>>33392950
>I've got 30 BUS
Trade them for GRI NOW.
>>
>>33392950
catching dust* not wasting dust
>>
>>33392972
Guardians rising is better than burning shadows? really? I've been trading for BUS this past days
>>
>>33392980
BUS is only good right now because it released very recently. GRI packs will most likely keep their 1 pack value, but BUS will probably drop to .75. As for the various other sets, try to trade them for cheap rares that you can flip into GRI packs.
>>
>>33380291
>Start playing the TGC early July
>Made a Lapras GX deck it's okay
>Want something else and trade my Lapras GX against packs back
>Start investing time on the market to find cheap stuff and resell them for more packs
>Went from 3 Sun Moon Guardins Rising packs to 35 S&M Burning Shadow in like 1 month trough extremely casually trading
>Tfw enjoy farming packs more than the game

Fugg
>>
>>33393106
Same and I've been doing this for two days only
>>33392996
Let me guess, bc of Tapu Meme?
>>
>>33393106
I started flipping around 20 days ago, went from like 10 GRI to 3 Leles and 30 BUS. I have no idea why it works, but it just works
>>
>>33393118
Amongst other things. SR DCE is also in GRI, as well as some other goodstuff like Trashalanche Garbodor, Drampa GX, Ninetales GX, Metagross GX, and a bunch of staple trainers. I think Choice Band and Rescue Stretcher are GRI cards. Maybe also Field Blower? Either way, lots of value.
>>
>>33393162
>Choice Band and Rescue Stretcher are GRI cards. Maybe also Field Blower?

Those are all in an GRI, Max Potion is also in the set as well
>>
>>33393162
>>33393178
So when you recommend trade all my BUS for GRI?
>>
>Pull FA Sophocles and FA Kiwae

Can I use these in any decks?
>>
>>33393211
Trade your BUS packs for GRI packs 1:1. They still trade at about the same value so it should be pretty easy to swap them. The GRI packs will hold value better and are a safer trade currency.
>>33393229
Kiawe is virtually a required card in every Fire deck. Sophocles is a little more niche, but not a terrible draw option. Sycamore is still better.
>>
>>33393241
I guess I'll wait for a good incineroar deck and then get three more FAs

Maybe I could run Sophy as a one of in Metagross
>>
>>33392779
What are the two psychic for? Lele runs on DCE.
>>
>>33393414
The GX attack, I assume. Requires one Psychic Energy but I don't get why they aren't just running a Rainbow Energy in that case.
>>
>>33392965
I've been personally doing alright with zoroark.

>>33380938
This guy has a good list though.
>>
>>33380938
>>33393430
I can confirm mews for pika packs.
That's how I just built my passimian deck.
No idea if they'll flip for a card pack though
>>
File: 1423157300292.jpg (293KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
1423157300292.jpg
293KB, 900x919px
Does anyone have a resource for how best to flip these 50 50 GRI I have? I want to stop being a pack opening cuck and be one of the cool guys with hundreds of every kind of pack and blinged out decks.

I'm actually just asking if trade-savant anon is around and can give tips on how best to do it and what resources they use.
>>
>>33380463
You'd only look and shuffle them back. The action of switching Gladion can't be completed.

"This Gladion" does not exist when it's played as the effect of Sableye's attack. It does not refer to Sableye but it also doesn't refer to the card in the other player's discard pile. Once that card is selected, the effect of the attack is determined and everything from there is done independently.

And since this action is not worded as a cost, it doesn't prevent the other actions.
>>
>>33380291
any ideas for vikabulu in expanded?
>>
>>33393566
yes
>>
>>33380512
Just play standard then.

Supporting two formats is one of the few good decision TCPi made. It pleases both types of players, the ones who want their cards to hold value in the long term and the ones who want a constantly fresh experience.

Really, their only flaw about formats is the lack of official support for Unlimited and even that is understandable.
>>
Its still stuck at the loading data from server screen for me. this sucks
>>
>>33393703
nvrmnind it just took like 5 minutes to load i guess
>>
File: Xurkitree_gx_Deckromancy.png (142KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Xurkitree_gx_Deckromancy.png
142KB, 500x700px
What are your hopes for the unrevealed UBs? We're getting all of them in this set.

I like the fun interactions the GX attacks have with prizes.
>>
>>33393504
THE HOUR WARRIORS SUBDUE THE OLD ONE
>>
>>33393504
Leles for 25 sell for 30 was what savant mentioned last time.

You have two leles worth of startup, so seems good.
>>
>>33393876
I don't have anything against them, but they do what you'd expect from cards that deal with prizes. I mean, it's their theme, ok, but I expected more.

Up to this point we got:

>Take 2 more prizes from a knock out
>Take a free prize
>Your opponent sets 2 more prizes
>Damage increasing according to prize count

We could still have:

>Draw all your prizes, replace them with cards from deck/hand
>Damage increasing according to prizes taken
>Damage calculated counting opponent prizes
>Your opponent can't take prizes during their next turn
>Attach this Pokémon as a tool, equiped Pokémon grants 1 less prize (better as a GX ability, which is not a thing...)
>Reset all prizes to 6 for both players

Last one is super broken, I know. It's a boring theme in my opinion, I'd like something a bit more daring for once.
>>
>>33393956
it's not take A free prize. It's take TWO.
Combine it with Wages of Fluff Whimsicott and knock out an EX and you win in one KO.
>>
File: 1503692364628.jpg (48KB, 496x515px) Image search: [Google]
1503692364628.jpg
48KB, 496x515px
Can someone explain how the deck building aspect works on Android? I build a deck with the cards shown, and it tells me some of the cards are ones I don't own, but I didn't tick the box to show ones I don't own.
>>
>>33393986
You put in more copies of a thing than you own.
It's the grayed out cards.
>>
>>33393984
You are mistaking Kartana for Guzzlord.
>>
>>33393984
>Combine it with Wages of Fluff Whimsicott and
your opponent retreats.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170826-215518.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170826-215518.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
MOM GET THE CAMERA HOLY HECK

First pull off the day, got a few more.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170826-215444.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170826-215444.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>33394047

THE RIDE ISNT ENDING
>>
>>33393956
>Reset all prizes to 6 for both players

NOPE FUCK THAT SHIT.
>>
>>33393876
is that shit real?
>>
File: IMG_2623.jpg (392KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2623.jpg
392KB, 1280x1280px
Pulled this today from a $1 pack should I just sell it?
>>
>>33394064
There will be a Dialga GX on SM5 and it will do that.
>>
>>33394070

I'll give you $2 for it, you'll make double your investment! Don't think, just do it goy.
>>
>>33394054
I got five of these. Any good?
>>
Does anyone have that chart of the important cards that are leaving standard?
>>
Best way to flip 10 BUS?
>>
>>33394115
Night March, if you play expanded. If not, it's not that good, but it still has potential, it all depends on what we'll get on the next sets.
>>
>>33394131
I'll hold onto them then. Thank you.
>>
>>33394069
of course not, also i forgot to remove the default damage on the GX attack lmao
>>
>>33394131
>Marshadow + Darkrai isn't good

ok :^)
>>
File: IMG_20170827_180348.jpg (69KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170827_180348.jpg
69KB, 496x693px
Guuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyys
>>
>>33395128
She's the supporter replacement to VS seeker.
Not quite as good, but you can get two back, which sometimes has use.
>>
>>33395128
>Lille, Gladion, and Lusamine are all decent one-of supporters
Easy to see the family resemblance.
>>
>>33394082
I made a Dialga fake for funsies that had a GX move that made the players start the game over except with the player's GX token flipped over.

tfw no time lord pokemon to save me when i get a bad start
>>
>>33395128
This is an every deck card, especially in stadium decks.

I have to say I really like the general supporter direction SM is taking, this game will be so much better when Sycamore and N rotate.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170827-084026.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170827-084026.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>33393995

I'm a fucking retard, I don't get it, does this mean I have two cards of this particular card?
>>
>>33396453
yes
>>
>>33396453
Yep but the lock means you cant trade them
>>
>>33396523
>>33396526

Then I don't know why it keeps telling me I don't own some of the cards in my deck I just made. I don't see any greyed out cards indicating that that's the case
>>
>>33396549
how many did you put in your deck?
>>
>>33396549
post a screenshot of your deck
expand the thing so we can see it all
>>
>>33395128

I don't speak moon.
>>
>>33396614
Search your discard pile for a supporter and a stadium card.
>>
>>33396647
A combination of 2, could be 1:1 or 2 of any
>>
>>33396647

That a generalization, here's the proper translation.

>Choose any combination of 2 Stadium and Supporter cards from your discard pile, reveal them, and put into your hand.
>>
>>33395128
Okay so a VS seeker that you can get two supporters but they can be N'd away because you can't play them this turn.

Fair enough meaning you are going to have to place another lele down to get them again next turn.
>>
>>33395128
Very good nerf to VS seeker
>>
Should I trade stuff for Guardians Risng or Burning Shadows packs?
>>
So I pulled a tapu lele yesterday, I should sell it for like 30 GRI and buy it back at like 25 GRI right?
>>
>>33397074
Yes
>>
>>33397063
Guardians packs will retain value better in the long run but shadows packs will always be relevant due to full art guzma.
>>
>>33397146
and the three gardevoir
>>
What's a good number of energies to have? Some cunt on jewtube said to have 14-18 pokemon, 9-10 energies, and the rest in trainer cards, but I'm getting my ass kicked online because I'm not getting any energies to attack with. Also, how many types do you use per deck? I'm trying with two, but again, short on energies

Are there any guides to gitting gud?
>>
>>33380291
Card is trash. Azelf LA had this as an ability, so it didn't use up your supporter for the turn.
>>
>>33397455
For decks like Volcanion like 13-15 energies.
For decks like Passimian/Mew, NM, rogue decks and such just 4 DCE.
The normal is between 9-12 energies, usually 6-8 normal energy and the 4 DCE.
>>
File: typhlosion_ex.jpg (12KB, 210x306px) Image search: [Google]
typhlosion_ex.jpg
12KB, 210x306px
>>33397557

So?

Kiawe is not only a Supporterized version of this old Typhlosion ex's ability, but it also ends your turn! Yet Kiawe is still really good.
>>
>>33397455
>>33397561
And meme decks like Typhlosion, Swampert Ex and such like 20-30 energy.
>>
File: BW7_EN_147.png (165KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
BW7_EN_147.png
165KB, 245x342px
>>33397578
That's a Stage 2, Azelf is a basic.

Shaymin sucked as a Supporter, and Gladion will suck too.
>>
>>33397614
But Bianca is more cute.
>>
>>33397614
Yes, a Stage 2 in a format with pre-errata Rare Candy and no reliable Gust of Wind effects.
>>
>>33394115
I've played it with Metronome Clefairy, Rainbow energy, and the eeveelutions ex. Can be fun.
>>
>>33397455
Varies massively. If you're new to the game, the general advice I'd have is:
1. Stick to as few evolution lines as possible, but make sure you have enough of them to actually get up. i.e, you would probably do better with 4 Numel and 3 Camerupt than you would with 2 Charmander, a Charmeleon and a Charizard. Maybe have two or three evolution lines max, as well as any basic-only that look decent
2. I would never go above two types. Most competitive decks only really use one, however they're also usually focused around a single evolution line rather than varied.
3. If your Pokémon need a lot of energy (and especially if they discard), 15-20 is a good start, otherwise under ten is usually fine.
4. Never underestimate trainer cards. Searching cards, especially Ultra Ball and Professor's Letter, are your best friends.
>>
File: 9378283.jpg (85KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
9378283.jpg
85KB, 800x680px
>>33397582

Literally the only gx cards I have are Darkrai and Marshadow

>tfw get my ass kicked online
>tfw get my ass kicked against trainer challenge, stuck on normal type Zach

HOW DO YOU GIT GUD
>>
>>33397714

Thanks for the advice friend
>>
>>33397714

Why are ultra balls better than great balls? With ultra balls you have to discard
>>
>>33397733
netdeck a list and flip pika packs until you build the value to buy it basically.
>>
>>33397798
There are ways to get cards out of discard and discarding allows you to get cards you don't immediately need out of your hand.

Discard hand and draw 7 is such a good effect that people have played 4 of it in every single variant it has existed in. In fact Juniper and Sycamore had to get a mutual exclusion clause because people would literally run 8 of that card if they could.
>>
>>33397805

Netdeck? Pika packs? I literally just started play mang
>>
>>33397798
Great Balls let you look at the top 7 cards, Ultra Ball lets you look through your entire deck.

Although discarding cards feels like a bad thing, it's important to not see it as a significant setback.
When Vs. Seeker was in rotation, it was seen as actively beneficial to discard a supporter, because it meant you always had that supporter free to call using a Vs. Seeker
Similarly, using Ultra Ball to get out a Shaymin (which lets you draw cards until you have six in your hand) meant you could ditch two useless cards and draw two extra

Both of those cards are out of rotation in the 2018 rules, but there are still a few cards that actually benefit from having certain cards in your discard pile. Off the top of my head, Ho-Oh GX can put evolved Pokémon straight onto your bench if they're in the discard pile, Marshadow GX can use attacks of Pokémon in your discard pile, and Volcanion can attach fire energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
433KB, 1920x1080px
>>33397855
There was also this shit
>>
>Cool Guzma card is finally out
>Go online to see if I can snag one

>45$+

fuck
>>
So i just got back into this after a year out.

Still have some tradable steam packs,
whats the trade value for the newest packs?

Should i just trade them, can i even get some good stuff with SS packs?
>>
>>33398413
Steam Siege about 0.5
Burning Shadows (newest) about 0.9~1
Guardians Risings 1
S/M about 0.66

Try flipping some cheap cards with them, like trading 2:1 with Octillery and then trade Octillery for 2 GRI packs.
>>
Anyone got a full art N from the shop?
>>
File: RMDNinetails1.png (790KB, 873x550px) Image search: [Google]
RMDNinetails1.png
790KB, 873x550px
Rate My deck i just have a month into the game
>>
>>33397845
>netdeck

copy a successful list by reading it on the internet. OP has links about this

>pika packs

for reasons we don't really understand people will trade cards of minor value for 55 token tradable pikachu cosmetic packs. You then bundle and flip these cards for real packs which can be used to trade for bigger cards, and you can get sets of the common cards you need like sycamore, N, ect with pika packs directly.

Packs are the currency of this game. Each pack has a different value, Guardians rising is the most valuable pack still in print so it's used as the 'dollar bill' of the trade world. Some older sets have more value.
>>
>>33398636
>2 lele

Oh good, you've hit the point where you can start building good decks

>malasada

oh no

>enhanced hammer

what meta do you think you're in

>just 1 aqua patch

if you're gonna run that card go for consistency man

>2 lysandre

what meta do you think this is kid

>1 vs seeker

literally what are you doing

>2 wally and an evosoda in a deck with only one stage 1 evolution

LITERALLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

>Shauna

delete this fucking deck and start over
>>
File: FROSTY BITCHES.png (1MB, 1358x861px) Image search: [Google]
FROSTY BITCHES.png
1MB, 1358x861px
>>33398707
Calm down, they've only been playing for a month. These are valid points, though.
>>33398636
This is basically a completed version of what you're building. Look it over for ideas on what you should be doing.
>>
>>33398781
I'm agitated because he actually has 2 lele which indicates he has the resources to build a non shit deck yet has failed to do so while it took me months to get my shaymemes.
>>
>>33398829
People get lucky

New players always seem to get the best pulls, I've been shopping with people who've barely played and they seem to get Hyper-Rares in every pack.
>>
>>33398829
Not my fault you have shit luck

I have a fucking month, like seriously you think because i have 2 lele a have resources dont be so stupid dude that was just my luck i struggle to build a deck that can keep up to the matchmaking my winrate its like 6/10 its so poor.
in a newbie so really fuck off.
>>
>>33398781
thank you i will use this to make a deck its so hard for me to get the item cards and stuff.
>>
>>33398829
Some people just pull this stuff. A friend of mine pulled 2 Shaymemes on his first week playing.
>>
>>33398862
Calm down my dear.

Malasada's pretty shit though.
>>
>>33398687

Pika pack jewing sounds like a lot of work
>>
>>33397614

>format where main engines are either shuffle and draw or dump and draw
>card that looks for a specific thing is considered bad

Gladion is great as a one of. Missing a key combo piece? Know it is prized? Guarantee getting it with a Lele search. You baka gaijins are slow.
>>
>>33399981

What do you search to even find the trades for pika packs.
>>
>>33400175
>>
>>33400197

Under what category
>>
>>33400242
Just search "avatar", the full name of the pikapack is "Pikachu Themed Avatar Collection Box" so you'll get results
>>
>>33397733
build a meme deck like Passimian/Mew. All the pieces are Pika-pack obtainable.

This should let you win enough to start getting on your way.

If you want to get big boy cards though, either buy codes or learn to flip.
>>
>>33397907
>was
>>
>>33400689
Dumb namefag
>>
>tfw when you get drunk, play expanded typhlosion and dump your wr down to the point where you run into 'im shit at the game and just put every ex of the same color i have into the same deck' people and you keep janking out and losing to them anyways
>>
File: rainbow memes.png (727KB, 903x560px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow memes.png
727KB, 903x560px
is there a more fun to play fairy deck than expanded rainbow road?

Even if they parallel city me I just donk my eggs, ho-oh and darkrai then bring them back next turn.
>>
>>33380291
What is up with Gladion and this gesture?
It's like he's trying to emulate Lelouche, except he has no reason to hide his eye.
>>
>>33401253
He's a total fucking edgefag dude.
>>
>>33401210
If you're a sadist there's always Sylveon.
>>
>>33401253
he's a giant chuuni.
>>
File: Aerodactyl.png (837KB, 998x613px) Image search: [Google]
Aerodactyl.png
837KB, 998x613px
>>33401210
Yes, Sableye or Aerodactyl rogue in expanded.
>>
>>33401408
wheres your fairy pokemon in this fairy deck?
>>
>>33401612
I'm assuming you meant to reply to >>33401210, Xerneas is a Fairy-type Pokémon.
>>
File: 1503717587968.png (129KB, 900x853px) Image search: [Google]
1503717587968.png
129KB, 900x853px
>>33401210
>>33401408
>>33401750
>is there a more fun to play fairy deck than expanded rainbow road?
>fairy deck
>anon suggests a deck with 0 fairies in it
>>
File: 1471138771907.png (200KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
1471138771907.png
200KB, 570x658px
>>33401794
Whoops, my bad, I missed that part of the initial Rainbow Road post. Please ignore my ignorant posting.
>>
>tfw no good physical pulls from three packs of gaurdians rising

Wish me luck on the digital pulls
>>
>>33402006

And nothing, there went thirteen bux... This shit is worse than crack
>>
File: 1502219432425.png (415KB, 1024x545px) Image search: [Google]
1502219432425.png
415KB, 1024x545px
>>33402039
Finally realizing this? Don't feel bad, I learned from 10 years of Magic. It's just cardboard, it's not worth investing so much on packs just to open disappointment. People recommend buying singles for a reason.
>>
>>33402006
>>33402039
>>33402085
he's right man dont let the dopamine release of shiny cardboard trick your brain into thinking your accomplishing something by obtaining cardboard of slight value. they rarely ever make its money back. even when pulling a lele its likely whoever pulls it put almost the same amount of money into it to get it. and the odds of being the lucky few who get one with little investment is not worth it.
my advice is if your gunna collect limit to specific things and try to stick with singles. i collect only my favorites. which is like 3-4 pokemon tops.
and if you buy to play. buying singles is imperative to not waste money.
>>
>>33380291
Edgy supporter
>>
Here comes team rocket could actually be useful for denying your opponent gladions. It flips all prizes face up, meaning gladion can't target them
>>
>>33402851
Seems excessive for a supporter that will be a 1 or 2 of at best. You're better off running other things that will actually help you accomplish your deck's purpose.
>>
>>33402851
then they use their supporter to kill you next turn and take the prize manually.
>>
>>33392290
>>33392455
How good is Primal Groudon? What does a list even look like?
>>
File: beginner shit.png (56KB, 1496x642px) Image search: [Google]
beginner shit.png
56KB, 1496x642px
>>33392980
>>33392996
Burning Shadows might not drop from 1 standard, but you can expect Guardians Rising to have its buying power increase. I remember Roaring Skies had 1.10-1.50 buying power on public offers before the rotation reveal, some smaller trades I could get 2.0 value. Just sitting on Guardians Rising packs is a safe bet long term for at least 2 years.

>>33393118
Yes, remember Shaymin Ex meme?

>>33393211
Incrementally. Do it as often as possible. it takes time doing 1:1 trade ratios because plenty of others are doing the same, but you will get there.

>>33393504
Octillery and Trevenant for 1 bus/gri then sell for 3+. Those 2 are some of the best 1 pack flips right now. BUS is easier to get in a trade,offers that ask for GRI fail more often in my experience so keep that in mind. GRI has had better success in buying power,so if you offer GRI and someone is offering BUS they will usually choose you over them. Another high value flip is to try to pick up computer search for 18. you can flip for 22+ and even more if expanded tournament packs rewards are good like plasma freeze.They easily sell for 20 minimum otherwise.

>>33397074
Keep 1 or 2 for playing. If you get extra then resell them. if you have lele you can build the 1st turn brigette or kiawe decks and curb stomp most players in standard tournaments.

>>33397845
>>33397733
Net deck is to copy a list. Use it as a reference to get started with. Then replace cards as you prefer, because obviously no list is perfect.
Greninja break is budget, 4 packs for each greninja break and pick up everything else with pika packs. Passimian/Mew is damn cheap, less than 1000 tokens. Typholosion is like 500 tokens.
>>
>>33399981
Its tedious admittedly. but as a new player what other option is there for them? Theme format is boring after a couple days. its hidden moon vs hidden moon. occasional night striker because of zoroark. Variance is very high. Sometime you open lunala turn 5. sometimes you open 1 monster and 7 energy and lose. With new player elo, budget decks like typholosion, passimian/mew, greninja break will steamroll those other babbies who also recently started. Eventually you start running into espeon garb, gard gx, volcanion and winning isnt effortless. But its a much better start than theme deck grinding. Plenty of free wins to gain with new elo, which is best used in standard tournaments.

>>33400175
You search avatar in the box. But you dont find offers, you must MAKE YOUR OWN! That is pretty important and new players always try to find a good deal which wont happen due to everyone sniping the good offers within the first 10 minutes.

>>33398413
I like to use steam siege for night march. 1 steam for 4 joltik, 4 pumpkaboo. 1 steam for 4 lampent. sell all 12 night marchers for 3-4 BUS/GRI. 3 pack profit and you get rid of those undesirable packs
>>
>>33403291
It's unironically one of the best decks in expanded. List is basically groudons with typical fighting support and Wobbafett/robo subs. Primal Groudon is immune to Lysandre/Guzma so they can't take it off the bench before it's ready.

Strategy is to slow roll until ideally you have two Groudon online, go down to 3 prizes and then have nothing on your bench except those two Groudon so they have to go through them. It's a very slow deck, you attack turn 4 or 5 at the earliest which is why you play tropical beach.

Uses scramble switch as its ACE SPEC to shift resources away when its about to die if needbe to another Groudon, you also attack with Regirock in some matchups.
>>
I thought the tournament rotate on a Sunday night. When is it actually?
>>
>>33398636
How much money did you spend
>>
Rate my Crimson Invasion-on deck

4 Guzzlord-GX
4 DCE
52 Darkness Energy
>>
File: Fungaleo.png (814KB, 995x631px) Image search: [Google]
Fungaleo.png
814KB, 995x631px
Rate my fungaleo deck.
No 2 Leles and no Computer Search because poor.
>>
How many pika packs for a Xerneas RainbowF? I tried 1 three times and nothing, should I try using packs instead?
>>
>>33405379
XD
>>
File: iohjhja.png (660KB, 1273x719px) Image search: [Google]
iohjhja.png
660KB, 1273x719px
my game is bug? please help
>>
>>33406474
You have to chose one
>>
Night March is great.
>>
>>33406474
If you can't pick one just restart the game.
>>
>>33405886
It's 1 pack, yeah.

>>33405659
Why would you ever need floatstone in a SolgaleoGX deck? Just use its ability.

I do like the addition of that bronzong though. Right now I've been using baby Ray in standard, but 2-3 bronzong make that a lot more viable. It's going off basically every turn at that point, assuming nothing's killing abilities
>>
>>33406834
Just in case I only have 1 Solgaleo or Hex Maniac/Trevenant/Wobbuffet is in play. I think that just 1 is better.
Anyway, Bronzong is expanded right now and if not will be on 3 days.
>>
>>33405886
Try two. That should be close.
>>
>>33406971
One solgaleo is enough? When are you needing to double switch?
>>
>>33406986
>attack
>discard energy
>switch
>metal links
>switch
>attack
Are another ways?
>>
Is the Burning Shadow/Guardian Rising sets good? I've not purchased Pokemon cards since Gen 2 packs came out, but I've been really considering getting back in since I really love the artwork on the cards.

And I read a new set is coming out soon? I'd ask if I should just wait for that, but seeing that it seems to focus on legendaries I'm not too sure.

And where do people typically buy them? I was thinking just amazon since I have prime and it would save me the embarrassment of buying them in store, but only third party fulfilled by amazon seem to be the only sellers on everything. So I dunno, I guess I'd hate to get something tampered with.
>>
>>33405886
Rainbow Force resells pretty well so its harder to get. try 2 pika packs OR 1 chest or .5 pack.

>>33406474
Shit happens to me plenty of times. Close it and re-login.

>>33407017
Buy from ebay. I dont advise opening packs. but if you have to buy boxes wait for the ebay coupons that save you 15$ if you can.Guardians Rising is a popular set because of Tapu Lele GX which is like 60$ right now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (866KB, 964x690px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
866KB, 964x690px
Started playing 1-2 month ago, I'm trying to do something outside the meta.

When I'm gonna have another tauros and lele, dragonite and pidgeot gonna go.

rate? change? any idea?
>>
I am a poorfag who cant buy is own packs and needs some coins for a new theme deck so I can get the free packs. Can I get some help? Like someone trade me some chests or sumthin? I have like 0 good cards to trade too.
>>
>>33407799
Or like a free qr code website or some shit. Idc.
>>
>>33407295
Being outside the meta is fine and all, but what are you even trying to accomplish with this deck? Who is the main attacker, what is the purpose behind it's construction? It just looks like you stuffed a bunch of cards into a pile and called it a deck. You're running a Wally when you only have one evolution card. VS Seeker and Lysandre are rotating out in 3 days. You're running 4 Tierno but no Sycamore? I get that you want to make your own deck and all but until you understand deck construction/the reason the meta is considered "good", I would say it's a better idea to build something established in order to learn some basics about consistency and purpose.
>>
>>33407820
The QR codes haven't been "cracked" so you can't get them for free. People actually sell them on eBay for ~5% of the physical pack's price.

There are guides in the OP of the best way to build up a collection for free. The single-player challenges aren't that bad, and you can build up some okay decks with them. You might have to stay in Theme Deck meta for a while, but unfortunately you're unlikely to get much charity from here.
>>
>>33407295
You should probably try to focus on one or two families of Pokémon. Try trading some of your other EXs/GXs for another Ninetales and run 3 vulpix -> 2 Ninetales, it'll work out far more consistently.
>>
>>33407014
Misread. Didn't realize it was benched only.
>>
>>33407295
this is like, 2/10. And one of those points is for correctly having 60 cards in the deck. Muscle Band hasn't been standard for a year now. A fair few more of these cards are about to rotate. And if you're actually intending to build with Expanded in mind that even worse.

I would give you some tips but I can't be arsed typing any more up if you're not even going to read the links in the OP.
>>
>>33407985
The main attacker are tauros and lele( that why i want 2 of each) with ninetales and dampra as "support" if i get fucked, with regice if I'm against a EX and talonflame if I get it at the first turn. Wally gonna go as soon as I find a better trainer. i play expanded so I don't mind the rotation.Why should I use a Sycamore?

>>33408039
I just changed dragonite for another ninetales and put another vulpix.
>>
>>33407799
If you need coins play Versus ladder.
>>
File: 1499383202940.jpg (70KB, 545x820px) Image search: [Google]
1499383202940.jpg
70KB, 545x820px
>>33408146
>Tauros GX and Lele as a main attacker
>Ninetales as a "support"
>Why should I use a Sycamore
>running this list in expanded of all places
You really have only been playing for a month, haven't you?
>>
>>33408146
you need to whittle this deck down to 40 cards and then put in multiples of them. Right now you have only a 1 in 10 chance of hitting Talonflame in your opening hand. In 90% of your games that is a completely dead card.

Regice is great against EX but that's fuck all use when GX are everywhere. Baby Ninetales can handle those and you already have the line in there. Why not build a Ninetales deck? Or a Drampa deck? Or a Tauros deck? Right now you are trying to build them all and because of that it's an inconsistent hot mess.

Look at the decks that placed well at Worlds and notice how they all run 4-ofs of the important cards. https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2017/tcg-masters/ Decide what your deck is supposed to be doing and then get rid of the cards that don't support that win-condition and duplicate the cards that do. And sort your energy out, nobody needs 20 energy cards *and* three letters.
>>
>>33407295
>no N
>no Sycamore
>no ultra balls
>20 energy

Boi what are you even trying to do?
>>
>New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>>
>>33407295
>can afford Leles
>still being this bad, while i'm stuck scrounging stuff together from basically nothing
[[Reeeees internally, while jimmies rustle softly across the universe]]
>>
File: deck_for_simpleton.png (388KB, 696x427px) Image search: [Google]
deck_for_simpleton.png
388KB, 696x427px
>>33407295
took me all of five minutes but it's already a 6/10 deck. There is very little synergy between Drampa/Tauros & the Ninetales line bar the energy DCE sharing. But if that's where you're starting from, here's a goal. Promo Koko would be another nice target to trade up to.
>>
>>33407295
Is this bait? If so you spent quite a while on it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (732KB, 964x690px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
732KB, 964x690px
>>33407295
>>33407985
>>33408039
>>33408121
>>33408189
>>33408205
>>33408209
>>33408289
Is that better?
>>
>Enter Legacy match, get the coin flip and go first.
>Opponent posts "Well Played!" twice.
>Place my Active Pokemon.
>Opponent spams "Well Played!" until the game forces him to select a Pokemon.
>Instinct kicks in and report him for genting.
>Notice that I can draw for nine of his mulligans.
>He concedes the minute I can make the choice to draw.
>Check his deck to see what the fuck just happened.
>See this.

Jesus, what an awful genter.

>>33408469
>1 Sycamore
>Still have the 4 Tiernos
>No Ultra Balls
>Great Ball

It's still shitty, hoss.
>>
Does anyone know a good reliable place where I can buy individual pokemon cards/booster boxes to Europe, Portugal? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>33408524
what is a genter? also. this gives me an idea is it possible to make a deck with 4 ability talonflames. and nothing but fire energies. since it always asks you would you like to use talonflame or re-draw, is it possible to just keep asking to re-draw since it will tell you how many times you had to redraw. and once you have reached 48 hope your opponent takes 48 extra cards and get an automatic win.
>>
Whats the best deck in the shop to buy? I loomed at the lunaala one but ut didnt look verry good.
>>
>>33408736
Sure, but good luck finding opponents that'll actually do that. And 'genting' is something people did to climb the ladder quickly, it's short for 'gentleman's agreement', people would join Legacy games and agree that whoever got the choice of coinflip won the game and the other would just concede instantly. It's a bannable offense now.

>>33408785
Lunala is the best. It's not a great deck overall, but compared to the other theme decks it's basically unmatched in damage output and draw support.
>>
>>33408841
Ok ill grab that. Thanks.
>>
>>33408785
The Lunala Deck is the best because it's more consistent than others, has a lot of draw options and good pokemon that don't end up being dead weight. The Solgaleo deck is decent. The two new decks from Burning Shadows are also okay. Volcanion's deck hits hard but has virtually no draw power. Noivern's deck is alright. Just buy one that you think looks fun, play with it, then if it doesn't work out for you use your coins to get a different one.
>>
>>33408469
It's not great. You still only have one evolution line, and getting it out quicker with Wally doesn't actually benefit you at all. You're playing in expanded, so you can use Vs Seekers so you don't need more than one of more specialized supporters like Team Flare Grunt and Pokemon Center Lady. Lele isn't supposed to be a primary attacker, it doesn't have an amazing attack, just one that's decent in a pinch. Lose the Great Ball, add four Ultra Balls, 95% of the time the discard is worth it to get any other Pokemon you want out. Add some recovery options like Super Rod and Rescue Stretcher even, then if you do have to discard you can pull them back later. Drop Tierno, up your Sycamore count, add Ns. Again, discard is worth it for the much bigger draw support Sycamore adds, and the disruption N can do is as valuable as the redraw, especially if you know your opponent has something in their hand waiting to be played next turn. Lower your energy count, you can only manually attach one energy per turn anyway, and going back to recovery options, add Aqua Patches, so that energy in your discard actually benefits you since you get more than one attachment per turn. Add either Float Stones or a Manaphy EX for free retreat. Potentially up your Max Elixir count, definitely add more Rough Seas since you're likely to get Field Blowered, counter stadiumed or Delinquented, and on that note, add Field Blowers.
>>
File: Team-Skull-Pin-Collection.jpg (221KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
Team-Skull-Pin-Collection.jpg
221KB, 578x327px
Gotta have dat pin.
>>
>Finished the weekly fire challenge for the 2 free packs.
> Nice! Two GRI packs!
> have 20 tradeable packs and 2 locked now.
> Put the 20 tradeable ones into an offer for a FA Lele so I don't open those by mistake opening the locked packs.
> Fall asleep.
> Next morning go to open those packs.
> Packs are gone?!?!
> Check and trade went through for Lele!
> Open first of the free locked packs...
> Another FA Lele!
Feels good to go from just starting to having the start of every competitive deck. I don't even care that one is locked.
>>
What are some good cards to flip now that worlds is over? Is Octillery still a viable option?
>>
>>33409098
Octillery is viable but damn near everyone is flipping it. I've had some success in buying 2-pack GX cards for 1 pack and reselling though, you could try that.
>>
>>33408469
Slightly better, but not by much. You should really play this in Standard, it is much easier and will be able to keep up with the pace where in Expanded you will get slaughtered by the sheer speed of some decks.

-Guzma is a better card than Lysandre. Swap out two for two.
-why do you have hammers here? That doesn't match any strategy in the deck. If you are trying to stall, then use attackers that can compound that. As it is, you can free up five spots if you dump the three hammers and the two Grunts.
-Great Ball is shit, Ultra Ball is good. Remove the 1 and add 4. Most decks run 4-6 balls for a reason.
-Tierno is shit. Get used to it. Throwing away cards is often a very good thing. You want four Sycamore.
-Now that you're dumping cards with Ultra Ball, Sycamore & Ninetales attack, you can add some Aqua patches for guaranteed acceleration.
-Your energy is still fucking wretched. Lose the Psychic one. Lose at least one letter. Lose 5-7 of the water. Nobody needs that much. You only ever want one in your hand the rest are clogging you from getting to the real cards you need. The four Sycamore & 3-4 N you are going to add will ensure you shuffle your hands away often enough to get to them.
>>
>>33403449
Why does no-one ever run bridgette in passimian?
>>
New
>>33409464
>>
>>33409441
Brigette's great for a turn-one setup, but to reliably get it you need to play Lele, and then you're left with a two-prize liability on your bench which is exactly what Passimian doesn't want.
>>
>>33408469
Okay, the general formula is

45% hand fixing (draw, searches, return from discard. The more cards it draws the better, period. Don't worry about discarding that's what rescue stretcher and vs seeker is for.)
25% other trainers
15% pokemon (with equal number of the final evolution of a family and their basic. middle stage as well unless running rare candy)
15% energy.

Some decks do slightly different. Passimian for instance only runs its four DCEs.

You have:
17% Hand-fixing (with most sub-optimal being choices)
25% other trainers
15% pokemon (family proportions fine)
33% energy

You're gonna be INCREDIBLY inconsistent, and often energy flooded.

>Drop half those water energy and the psychic.
>Swap the tierno and shauna for Sycamore and Ns, 3-4 of each.
>Drop the greatball and wally for four ultraball.
>Swap Lysandre for Guzma.
>Swap the musclebands for choice bands unless you're playing extended. Given you have no answer to nightmarch, I wouldn't recommend it.
>Swap the prof letters for aqua patches.

Things to also consider adding: VS Seeker and Rescue Stretcher.
>>
>>33408736
>hope your opponent takes 48 extra cards and get an automatic win.
good luck fag. if they do they deserve it.
>>
>>33408841
How does that work? You'd lose as often as yu won. That's a horrible ELO.
>>
>>33408868
Volcanion also gets you two volcanion and noivern a 1-1 zoroark. If those matter to you.
>>
>>33409027
what idiot traded a FA lele for only 20 packs? Aren't normals going for like, 25?
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.