[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Reborn thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: ep16.png (54KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
ep16.png
54KB, 1023x765px
Just spent two weeks playing through Pokémon Reborn eps 1-16 for the first time ever and I had A TON of fun. I loved the battle difficulty, the depth of the field effects and the music. Though the story was unintentionally hilarious with its edge, it was not nearly as tumblr-y imo as I feared it would be (except for that one time where a character literally goes "These are my prounons"). The spritework of the human characters was also objectively horrible, which was not helped by that godawful outdated Hot Topic style. But other than that, I liked this fan game a lot.

Thoughts on Pokémon Reborn?
>>
It's a trainwreck that I can't stop watching, I can't wait for episode 17, Ame is almost Lazerbot levels of genius.
>>
So does anyone have any consolidated information on this game and why it's terrible? This fag has never really gotten involved with the fangames scene, and I see this one get skewered all the time.
>>
>>33378814
It's difficult for the wrong reasons, it limits you to shitmons and bad TMs for most of the early game and sometimes you have to do convoluted quest lines to catch some Pokemon. The badges restrict your level heavily by making overleveled pokemon disobey you (there's 18 badges and the gaps between them are pretty large at times) and its selling point, the fields, are stacked against you most of the time (Thankfully you can somewhat manipulate them if you think strategically but you need to use some very specific moves to destroy some of them otherwise you end up fighting vs a full team of ice mons in the Desolate Land equivalent of Hail for example). Some bosses are busted bullshit oc mons with enough bulk to make a stallfag cry for mommy.
The puzzles are obnoxious at times but eh.

Now the real stinker is the setting. The whole story takes place in a world so edgy Coldsteel the Hedgehog would cringe at it, the characters are all fucking awful self inserts of teenagers and the story is a clusterfuck.

It's definitely worth playing if you want a "so bad it's good" experience
>>
-Story is generic edgy trash
-lot of shitty characters, ranging from lul so randum, to people who gives you a lecture on pronouns
-90% of the soundtrack is unfitting dubstep/dnb

-fields are very interesting and add a fun gameplay mechanic
-difficulty is nice
-the best mapping and sprite work I've seen in a fangame that isn't 2 hrs long
-despite being incomplete, it's fucking long and full of shit to do

I really like it too. I understand why people give it shit for the story and characters, but I think they mostly ignore how polished everything else is.
>>
File: reborn teams.png (127KB, 1332x483px) Image search: [Google]
reborn teams.png
127KB, 1332x483px
>>33378814
In general, the gameplay is quite satisfying. Maybe it's just me, but I've found that with a reasonably balanced team, there's very little need for grinding at all.

Pic related are my two teams after the most recent update. I think one is slightly higher leveled than the other because I chose different sidequests at the end of the current release and the second one needed a lot more money, so I had to grind trainers afterwards.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.