[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Autistic things we do in-game when we play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

Whenever I play a third version/sequel/whatever USM turns out to be, after having played the first version first, I always pick the other gender to make it feel even more different

What autistic things do you do, /vp/?
>>
i save before every fucking trainer
because i don't want to use more pokemon than my opponent (excepting when it's a villain, fuck them)
>>
>>33377489
>name Pokemon after characters from NCIS
>label PC boxes 001-030, 031-060, 061-090, etc
>put all Pokemon in their proper Nationaldex spot

It's not much, but the PC ordering is, admittedly, very autistic.
>>
I used to sort pokemon in my PC by their habitat and appearance (yes, I had a box for edgy-looking pokemon)
Now I order my pokemon like >>33377512 does
>>
I maximize affection with EVERY Pokemon I use. The affectionate battle messages are fucking cute. It'd be great if online battles would still display the affection messages for stuff like crits and SEs, even if the affection didn't actually have any effects
>>
>>33377489

>if two pokemon have the same color I can't use them both, because I like to look at the team preview

>change the order of moves to make the moveset look more

I thought I was autistic but holy shit, you guys are on a whole other level.
>>
>>33377636

I meant "more aesthetic". Not sure why my phone deletes the last word when I press enter.
>>
>>33377653
My phone uploads camera images the wrong way whenever I post here, so you aren't alone with the phoneposter problems
>>
I never use TMs because i want to collect them, glad that they are now infinite use. I dont spend nearly as much money for items as others do, i only get pokeballs and healing items when i reach the elite 4. I also kinda stick to 1 team and rarely experiment or even level multiple pokemon to swap depending on the situation.
>>
I nickname everything that isn't Legendary

Except Nebby always has to be Nebby
>>
>>33377489
I like keeping my Pokemon that I regularly use in the same kind of Pokeball, if I use a regular Pokeball, I try to make sure all of my team is in the same kind.
I hate how Great Balls look, don't care for Ultra Balls, and I just feel like basic looks nice enough to have everyone in the same one.
Kinda wish you could choose the ball you want your Pokemon to be chosen from, give more options for changing appearances.
>>
>>33378403
This.
>>
Gender balance on my team HAS to be 3:3 or 4:2. 3:2:1 if I'm using a genderless mon
>>
>>33378947
same
>>
I fight every single trainer and every single encounter. I usually never have to grind this way.
>>
Ever since the games show you at which level you caught a 'mon I'll always have to catch them with an even level number or one with the same digits.
Also I almost always walk in the center of a provided path even if walking on the sides would be faster.
>>
>>33377489

Not much, I guess. When I play pokemon my inner child comes out, I go from being Nanu to Acerola. I roll with whatever.

>what if my character is the son of a gym leader? I should run a type specialization!
>what if I don't want to do multiplayer? I'll just catch whatever looks cool to me!
>Oh hey X wants to battle sometime? cool I'll look up on bulbagarden where I can find the best mons available and kick his ass!

Now if only I could be this enthusiastic about the rest of my life.
>>
I guess the most autistic thing I do is organize all my mons by national dex order, even if I'm missing some or I have more than one of a certain kind.

I also keep every playthrough team I've ever used on the most recent version of the game, even Colosseum/XD

I don't particularly care about Poké Balls, and I nickname some Pokémon but not most of them.

I'm also a ribbon fag, particularly for my first Pokémon, my 13-14 year old Swampert
>>
>>33377512
>>33377526
Same
>>
File: 1502349823805.png (557KB, 1428x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1502349823805.png
557KB, 1428x1750px
I always thought I was autistic for coming up with lores for every pokemon run I do, I'll usually nickname all my mons something really weird and stupid, some mons get repeat names.
Also I like to imagine which mons are best friends in my team. Usually they are the ones that have the best symmetry in double battles. For example, in my current run of pokemon glazed, I keep thinking my torterra and my swellow are best friends. They're almost always useful for every double battle
>Swellow flies high up
>Torterra uses earthquake
>Whatever is still standing gets hit by fly
I also never catch legendaries, I always kill them
Also, one last thing
RATICATE MUST BE IN MY TEAM AT ALL TIMES UNLESS ITS A NEW GAME AND I'M JUST CATCHING RATTATA
>>
>>33378700
I also have a habit of only playing with Pokemon that have different natures from each other.
One of my old little habits from wanting to imagine that nature and characteristics actually mean they have that personality.
Makes things difficult because I can't stop wanting to have a diverse team and imagine how they would act like IRL with their personality.
They don't mean much for me in terms of competition, I will play an Adamant Fennekin just as long as it is the only Adamant one in my team.
>>
Generational Bro-mon. I pick one for every generation and no matter what it has to be on any team I use
>>
I copy the teams of NPC's in the game (or previous games) and pretend I am them.
>>
why have I not gotten a (You)? holy FUCKING shit
>>
File: Yugioh Background.jpg (15KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh Background.jpg
15KB, 298x169px
Here's a new one I began doing very recently:

I replayed Platinum about a month ago, since I haven't experienced Sinnoh in something like 7+ years. I wanted to make this adventure difficult and enjoyable, so I employed a few rules --
1. You may only take on each gym leader with the same amount of Pokemon as them.
2. You cannot use the same Pokemon in more than one gym battle.
3. Before the Elite 4, an official team of 6 must be chosen and trained out of all the Pokemon used against the gym leaders.

That's it. By the end of the game I had a box full of 20+ trained mons that I felt close to, nicknamed, etc. It was actually really addicting and I now find it the best way to play. I just got done doing the same thing in Soul Silver, and the amount of Pokemon I had never used before but enjoyed meeting through this process is amazing (Side note, for the Kanto gyms, I had to retrain all Pokemon used in Johto, plus I traded over any Pokemon that weren't completely evolved by the end of my Platinum run over to complete the army I'd need to take on all the gym leaders' Pokemon, and finish evolving guys like Yanma, Tangela, etc.)

I highly recommend doing this autistic shit. It's highly addicting, plus coming back to these games I haven't touched in years helps too. It is time consuming and tricky at parts though. Maylene's gym took me so long since I was relying on a Mothim and Croagunk the entire time. PS I already used all 3 starters in each game with boosted exp to help out a little...
>>
>>33381023
Here (You) go (You) fucking beggar (You) should go the fuck to sleep
>>
File: Pokemon Red.png (138KB, 860x278px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Red.png
138KB, 860x278px
I've made a list like this for all of my play throughs since I was a kid, this is for my first game, Red.
>>
>>33379061
But that's how you're supposed to play...
If you actually go out of your way to chatch every single mon in a route during normal gameplay, now that's autistic.
>>
File: 1503603005477.jpg (89KB, 666x670px) Image search: [Google]
1503603005477.jpg
89KB, 666x670px
>>33381061
>But that's how you're supposed to play...
Every single trainer is understandable...but every wild encounters? Eeeeh, I prefer to avoid them all, not really interesting if it's just beating them all...it would sound like grinding to me, and that's too much xp.
(Even if I could just catch the ones I don't have on the road...but since SM with that level curve without exp share, I should be able do that without much worries now)
>>
Normal Pokémon - Pokéballs
Legendaries - Timer Balls
Shiny Normals - Premier Balls
Shiny Legendaries - Luxury Balls
Shiny Box Cover Legends + Mewtwo - Master Balls
>>
One time I started playing my HG nuzlocke after smoking weed and I became autistic for two hours. I started imagining my team to have personalities and made up scenes in my head, me walking around with my pokemon and them reacting to different situations.
>>
>>33377489
>catch every pokemon i meet
>all the pokemon must have the same level
>everytime a pokemon levels up, I finish the area where I am and proceed to train ALL of my pokemon to that level

and here i am, 14 hours of playtime and still training in cerulean city before going on to vermilion
>>
>>33379096
>Also I almost always walk in the center of a provided path even if walking on the sides would be faster.

are you me?
>>
>>33381316
>but every wild encounters? Eeeeh, I prefer to avoid them all, not really interesting if it's just beating them all...it would sound like grinding to me, and that's too much xp.

it makes more sense to do that in games like SMT or Final Fantasy but yeah, Pokemon, not so much because the XP trade-off from wild encounters is pretty bad compared to trainermons.
>>
>>33381326
Balltism is autistic.
I give no fucks what damn ball some piece of shit is in. I'm just glad I caught it. actually had to use up all my balls until I only had dive balls left because some Murkrow was ridiculously hard to catch. its HP was already in the red and it was paralyzed as well and for some fucking reason I had to waste 12 balls on that fucker before I caught it in a dive ball.
>>
All my fave Pokémon are caught in Premium Ball. Or the apricots ones.

And I organize my boxes by type, although I have a box for Legends, a Main One for swapping and then 6 to breed and train my Pokémon in steps (first for eggs, second for newborns, third for untrained selected newborns, forth for EV, fifth for training and sixth for completed)
>>
I try to complete my pokedex as far as possible before the elite 4.

I name every pokemon after their pokedex number.

I have every pokemon in a ball that matches their colour.

I order every move: attacking move>staus; stab>no stab; 1st stab>2nd stab; high power>low power; high pp>low pp; alphabetical. Stab counts for status as well.

Team has to be ordered lowest to highest. Then numerical. Except for important battles.

Potions, pokeballs etc always have to be a muliple of 5

Only stop at a playtime that ends with xx:30 or xx:00

Pokemon have to have even exp before important battles

I'm actually autistic.
>>
>>33381489
Also i order my boxes numerical
>>
>>33381489

This gave me second hand autism
>>
>>33381489
>Only stop at a playtime that ends with xx:30 or xx:00
>Pokemon have to have even exp before important battles

Why?
>>
>>33381500
To not get paranoia.
>>
I only catch gender accurate Pokemon - examples being that I will not catch female Geodudes, I will not catch male Oddishes, etc. Also if any of my starters (Gen I-IV are only good Gens don't @ me) are female aside Chikorita I will restart the game.
>>
>>33381489
>I'm actually autistic.

yup, we can tell.
>>
>>33381529

>female vileplume

Vileplume is a bro
>>
File: 799px-Pokemon_RBY_Route11.png (619KB, 799x303px) Image search: [Google]
799px-Pokemon_RBY_Route11.png
619KB, 799x303px
Cutting every tall grass square in this whole zone. I don't even know why the fuck I did that, maybe I thought something would happen afterwards.
>>
>>33377636
This. I need wide, unrepetitive typing coverage, diverse color and appropriate gender. And I overall just need to like the pokemon. Tfw Gengar and Crobat are both purple and poison types.
>>
>>33381550
Gloom and Bellossom are not bros tho
>>
I level my Pokemon up in increments of 5 between important in game events.

I nickname every Pokémon apart from legendaries.

I buy items in increments of 5.

I don't leave a route til I catch every Pokémon I can catch there.

When I catch Pokémon I tap the a button 3 times, once for each bounce of he Pokeball, then left, up, and down for each shake.

I kiss my Pokémon and thank them for their effort when they faint.
>>
>If I'm playing Gen 3 or earlier, my name has to be in all caps
>My whole team has to be male
>Rearrange moves so the STAB moves are first
>I always catch surfing/fishing pokemon in dive balls
>When doing a playthrough, my team has to be around the same level
>>
>>33381632
don't worry, i did that too
>>
>>33381710
My bad, I meant Gen 4
>>
>>33381529
Came here to say this.

Also, balltism.
>>
>>33381687
>I kiss my Pokémon and thank them for their effort when they faint.
what?? how???
>>
File: 1502123431753.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
1502123431753.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>>33381860
>he don't know
>>
File: 1484971338783.jpg (38KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1484971338783.jpg
38KB, 500x366px
>>33381687
>Kiss my pokemon and thank them
>>
>>33377489
My team has to be half dudes and half females. Feels weird if it's unbalanced.
>>
File: 1503468910465.jpg (468KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503468910465.jpg
468KB, 1920x1200px
>>33377489
> Save in spots where I think my trainer will feel comfy while they wait for me to come back and play.

> Only Buy pokeballs/premier balls.

> Always throw a pokeball at the beginning of a legendary encounter.

> Only catch legendaries in pokeball/premier because I threw a pokeball at a full health mewtwo in fr first turn and it worked.

> Never use legendaries because they're op, even if they're okay in competitive.

> Always name female kingdra Queendra.

> Always have an electabuzz in my party as soon as possible. Always named Raijin if male, Tian-Mu if female.

> Refuse to use x items

> Don't run while indoors because it's rude

> Can't have too many males on my team because that's gay

> Can't have too many females on my team because it feels like I'm promoting feminism

> Team must always have one poison, steel, electric, and bug types

> If I get the other game, I play the other gender. First game's gender determined by coin flip.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.