[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BW and N

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: N_Zekrom.jpg (719KB, 1280x928px) Image search: [Google]
N_Zekrom.jpg
719KB, 1280x928px
So, is this as good as it gets?

>interesting and engaging plot
>quite possibly the best character of all in N
>enough new pokemon to keep everything super engaging and fresh
>older player characters

I mean, everything since BW has gone downhill.
BW weren't perfect, but I think they're the best games thus far.

Thoughts? ?

If BW had real postgame story+ enjoyable post-game content, and the gym quest took more of a backseat to the story, I think the games WOULD be perfect.
>>
my favorite games are still GS, and this is why:

>post game story and post game areas (in Kantou)
>new pokemon are spread across the game (albeit terribly)

Now GS didn't do those things WELL, but it did do them, and thats what makes them take the cake for me.

My ideal game would have a number pokemon who are unrevealed and secret until you get to the post game, as well as alot of post game accessible areas.
With the trends GF has taken since XY, I think the only way to achieve this is to have ALOT of region-formes.
>>
>>33376025
no
>>
>>33376025
yes
>>
maybe
>>
BW had a really great way of story presentation. But I never could enjoy its story because N never seemed like a threat for me. If ghetsis would have beeb introduced as true main antagonist sooner I would probably totally love this games. But as it is the story could never really build up hype for me until it was already to late. What I really love about BW is that they introduced reusable TMs.
>>
Best plot, worst game
The no old mons bs really killed the game for me, also you could give XY or SM awesome postgame and they would be among the best Pokemon games, postgame is such a determining factor.
>>
>>33376122
Postgame is such a determinining factor, and yet, GSC, Emerald, and Pt(and to a lesser extent DP) are the only games with any decent post-game.
Everything else is just battle shit.
which is cool, but passe.
>>33376122
no old mons was my favorite part, it made everything feel like a brand new experience.
Litterally RSE done RIGHT.
>>
>>33376025
>So, is this as good as it gets?
Pretty much. We'll never again get a good Pokemon game like that.
Idiots crying about no old mons are partially to blame for that.
>>
Yes, I liked that you had a rival who seemed like your equal rather than your cocksucker.
>>
>>33376186
>Idiots crying about no old mons are partially to blame for that.
I've never understood this. Isn't the exciting part of the game a bunch of new pokemon?It'd be one thing when the selection is crap (like DP, two fire lines in the regional dex? what kind of bullshit is that). But BW had 150 new pokemon and great type distribution. Better type distribution than the original 150 actually.
I know it's unlikely we ever see that many new pokemon in a generation again, and it makes me sad.
>>
>shit plot that clashes with the world provided at that point in time
>shit characters
>huge amount of new Pokemon that don't matter because you'll only realistically use six and every opponent gets OHKO'd
>pointless aesthetic shakeup in MC's being older but still as silent and expressionless as ever
>>
>>33376186
Like what? All OP listed is subjectively good not objectively good like reusable Tms and we did get better games like BW2 that cleaned the mess Bw did, Xy was okay not having post game since it was the first of a generation unlike oras were it was masuda being lazy and SM are on equal ground with BW both story heavy no postgame and Sm fixed the Hms mechanics like Bw did with the Tms
>>
>>33376122
The no old mon is what every pokemon game should be, at least until the post game. No wasting my time killing shitmons I don't give a fuck about. I play new gens for the new pokemon, not to see the same shit I've been seeing for years now.
>>
>>33376025

I actually really liked the Bianca subplot because it always struck me as weird that parents would just be so willing to let their kids cross country busting monster heads. It also becomes a bit dark if you believe the theory about one of N's handlers.
>>
>>33376025
I agree with OP about BW1 being the best games but for different reasons.
Debatable, but I personally enjoyed it, and I think having an evil team who brought up pokemon being forcibly imprisoned and battling was LONG overdue.

>N best character
I liked him as a rival since he saw you as equal and interesting, I liked him coming over to my side eventually and having Ghetsis being the real big bad (since he was way more threatening) but again, debatable.

>enough new pokemon
The "only new pokemon during main game" was the BEST and I hate how there's sooo many more old pokemon used in XY and SM. BW2 had a decent ratio of old to new pokemon, though.

>older player characters
Not only that, some of the best designed player characters, along with XY. Lack of customization still unfortunate.

Gen 5 also introduced reusable TMs, had a really good interface, the battles were FAST (which was such a relief from how annoyingly slow gen 4 was), and it being the first region out of Japan was really interesting, despite the linear region.

It's a shame that BW being controversial to the fans makes Game Freak ignore some of its best features and avoid putting them in new games.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.