[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gen where I outright abandoned my starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

>noticeably weaker than previous gen counterparts or even pokemon available in the wild
>also ugly and dumb

Who thought this shit was acceptable?
>>
File: HASHTAG WINNING.png (21KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
HASHTAG WINNING.png
21KB, 640x448px
>>
@33367836
(you), when (you) bought the game, this isn't (you)r personal blog, nobody cares if (you) like them or not.
>>
>>33367836
Giving you a (You) because
>>33367899
is a little bitch.
>>
>>33367836
Same. Was so disappointed when the set with Ballio was revealed to be fake.
>>
>>33367836
Primarina is very powerful, just ugly and out of place as fuck.
>>
>>33368154
Decidueye is stronger ingame.
>>
>>33368158
Decidueye is the worst in game
>>
>33367865(You)
Haven't seen (you) in a while
>>
>>33368163
You primatards are so fucking annoying with your aggressive attacks on people speaking the truth. It's obnoxious.
>>
>>33368182
t. falseflagging primatard to makes us owlbros look bad
>>
>>33368163
Decidueye was my starter and I'll tell that the owl really wasn't all that good. The ghost typing did more harm than good in-game.
>>
>>33368158
*Dartrix
Decidueye loses steam so fast because everything has a dark or a ghost type attack while early game is chock full of water and grass types that Dartrix can take out with ease.
>>
i chose litten, evolved into torracat, and it stayed that way
incineroar is digusting
>>
File: dd3.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>33368182

>"Aggressive attacks on people"
>*Calls someone a primatard*
>>
>>33368086
>thought Ballio had any chance of being real

Are you seriously that retarded? You deserve to be disappointed.
>>
>>33368752
Shit taste. Incineroar is just Torracat standing up.
>>
>>33367836
>I can't defend my claims so I'll just say they're weak xD
>>
>>33368154
>>33368163

t. primafag who just lost to lurantis/vikavolt/anything past the third island desu
>>
I think this thread proves without a shadow of a doubt that Primaretards are the most obnoxious, most hateful, most annoying pieces of shit to ever exist
>>
>>33368086
Nigga, that thing was fucking hideous. I'm glad it's fake
>>
>>33368854
What's the point in defending your choice in starter if having an opinion AT ALL will lure the shitposters so you get called a Barafag, Owlcuck or Falseflagging Barafag/Owlcuck no matter what you say?
>>
>>33367836
Only Decidueye is weak.
>weak to the first random encounter in the game
>can't grind it earlygame because of flying types
>when it evolves it becomes a slow frail mixed attacker
Dropped that shit on the third island when I realized it wasn't doing enough damage to compensate for its shitty speed and defenses. Picked up a Mimikyu, and never looked back.

Primarina and Incineroar are pretty useful though. Former hits like a truck and the latter is bulky and hits pretty well too.
>>
>>33368817
No, but it certainly looked cooler than what we got.

>>33368867
Grow a taste.
>>
>>33368870
How about stop posting on this hopeless shithole of a board
>>
>>33368877
>completely shitting on decidueye for being "slow/frail"
>forgets that primarina dies to a light breeze while being about as strong as one
>forgets that ground types run rampant in alola and shit over baracat
>>
>>33368908
You are really desperate to salvage the turdowl.

Pathetic.
>>
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-moon-in-game-tier-list.3587886/
>>
File: sad clown.png (207KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
sad clown.png
207KB, 700x700px
>>33368086
>>33368881
>>
>>33368920
Popplio: S Tier
Litten: A Tier
Rowlet: B Mid Tier
>>
>>33368920
>Smogon is so casual they follow a tier list for ingame teams
>>
>>33368752
Same here. I bred another to fully evolve for dex completion and then boxed it, can't not catch them all but couldn't stand watching my starter go from my bro to something I hated to look at. Even emboar grew on me enough between when the final evos were confirmed to when my team in black reached the level 36 range that I didn't even hesitate to let it evolve. But incineraor, the only things I like about it are it's name and it's typing. I almost broke from my tradition of choosing fire types first over it, never hated a starter design so much.
>>
>>33368943
Weak bait.

Why must Owlcucks be so mad about having small dicks they attack other fan bases like Incineroar's and Primarina's?
>>
You aren't a child, you should be abandoning your starter
>>
File: ICE TO MEET YOU.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ICE TO MEET YOU.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>33368165
JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU, I'M HERE FOREVER.
>>
>>33368908
Nigger. Primarina's special attack is literally four points under Garchomp's attack.

Also there aren't nearly as many Ground types in Alola as there are Grass types.
>>
>>33367836
>>33367940
Samefag.
>>
>>33368920
>smogon
>>
>>33368980
>i called him a nigger so my argument is valid
>>
>>33368984
Yes, Smogon. There are 22 pages worth of discussion why they are ranked that way.
>>
>>33368989
>There are 22 pages worth of discussion why they are ranked that way.
And none of them justify Rowlet being B rank while the two shitmons are ranked higher.
>>
>>33369000
Yes, there are.
>>
>>33369009
>smogon actually thinks that slow/frail/weak is better than slow/decent bulk/mixed attacker
>>
>>33368986
To be fair, the rest of that argument is valid. Also
>upset because somebody said the N word mommy ;_;
>>
>>33369031
Litten/Torracat are more frail than Popplio/Brionne, and, while Incineroar has better defensive stats, it has a much worse defensive typing.
>>
>>33369067
I was talking about Primarina/Decidueye, although yeah water/fairy's a pretty dope typing

shame about all the poison types running around
>>
>>33369077
Decidueye is irrelevant in-game, having worse offensive stats, worse movepool, worse bulk and a worse match-up than Primarina against anything that isn't Lurantis. 10 more points in speed don't help much when 60 is enough to outspeed most Alola anyway.
>>
>>33367836
>WANTING to use your starter
I've been abandoning my starters since Gen 4. And I stop using my starters as soon as possible on replay runs.
>>
>>33369094
Primarina is irrelevant in general, having no popularity, worse fanbase, worse merchandise and no marketing. Being UU in a fanfic meta don't help much when VGC is the only meta that matters.
>>
>>33369094
You say that but my Dartrix had a lot of trouble against Lurantis because it would summon a Trumpbeak and oneshot me with Pluck.
>>
>>33369094
>worse offensive stats
fair although it's made up by being a mixed attacker

>worse movepool
what are you smoking i want some

>worse bulk
they're about equal

>worse matchup than primarina anything not named Lurantis
>Hala
>Gumshoos
>Wishiwashi
>Olivia
>Mimikyu
>Team Skull
>Hapu
>Acerola
>>
File: 1491003073300.png (655KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491003073300.png
655KB, 600x450px
>>33369111
>has just as much if not more popularity than decidueye in japan
>is not that far behind elsewhere
>consistent best and most sold out merchandise
>one of the most used pokemon in battlespot singles and doubles
>>
>>33369122
>Hala & Raticate
Popplio has access Disarming Voice for Dark/Fighting type
>Gumshooes
they are about equal
>Wishiwashi
Popplio/Brionne gets Scald just before it, making the fight extremely trivial
>Olivia
Rock is weak to water?
>Mimikyu
Decidueye is weak to Ghost, Primarina isn't
>Team Skull
What?
>Hapu
about the same, better against Flygon
>Acerola
Same as Mimikyu

Not to mention all the fights where it does better.

>worse bulk
same physical bulk, Primarina has better defensive bulk and defensive typing

>worse movepool
Primarina learns Scald, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Ice Beam, Psychic and Moonblast. It pretty much has unlimited coverage.
>>
File: croagunk shit eating grin.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
croagunk shit eating grin.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Primarina fags are so obnoxious and retarded

How this ugly tranny got this gaggle of cocksuckers constantly pushing how it's """""good""""" is beyond me
>>
>>33369160
>Hala
Rowlet also has access to STAB Flying moves making the fight extremely trivial

>Gumshoos
Popplio's physical bulk is about as good as Chansey's

>Wishiwashi
With Brionne you have to hope for a lucky burn, with Dartrix you can spam STAB Grass moves

>Olivia
i'll give you that, Brionne and Dartrix are about equal

>Mimikyu
Decideye can also hit Mimikyu super effectively while Primarina can't

>Team Skull
Poison spam kills the seal

>Hapu
about the same although Decidueye does better against Gastrodon

>Acerola
see Mimikyu

>Not to mention all the fights it does better
which are listed here: Salazzle and that's it

>worse movepool
Decidueye gets U-Turn, Synthesis, Sucker Punch, Leaf Blade, Shadow Ball, and Brave Bird, which hits nearly everything aside from Steel
>>
>>33369206
Let me ask this: why do speedruns of this game use Primarina for the whole run, instead of Decidueye? Why is it able to take on everything in said speedruns?
Why does it matter if it's weak to poison types if they get one shot before they can do anything? How does it matter if Decidueye hits Mimikyu for super effective damage if it dies before it can even attack? How is Decidueye's movepool any good when it can't hit many types for super effective damage, compared to Primarina?
>>
Tumblrina is a shitmon, plain and simple. It's just a worse Sylveon in a tranny sea lion skin. The only reason it's so popular and used is because a huge portion of the Pokemon fanbase are disgusting waifu furfags who jack it to Shitmarina on Refresh. This is an indisputable fact.
>>
ITT: act like we can only use 1 pokemon in battle.
>>
>>33369238
just because something is used in a speedrun doesn't make it good

for example, Chespin is used in speedruns of XY, but it's objectively the worst starter (as is Farfetch'd, and neither of them are good)
>>
Why are falseflaggers so rampant today, did somebody tip off /bant/?
>>
>>33369273
It does make it better In-game, though. You are saying everyone in the speedrunning and smogon communities have a worse knowledge of the game than you do, without any proof at all.
>>
>>33369291
so every mon used by a speedrunner is a top-tier or at the very least viable mon in a normal game
>>
>>33369256

Found the triggered Decidueye fan.
>>
I may like Decidueye best but Primarina and Incineroar aren't that bad either, hey each have a solid design and competitive use and are fun ingame (acception of Decidueye who is shit and will always be) I honestly can't see myself boxing any one of them.Im not sure why people get so pissy about starters because I've consistently liked every starter of every generation accept Gen 1, GF is really good at designing starters IMO and it's probably because they've come to realize these things are secondary mascots for each generation.
>>
>>33369291
>It does make it better In-game, though.
Objectively wrong.

Froakie and Fennekin is better in-game.
>>
>>33369291
True true how could I be so blind to the sheer might of Farfetch'd who can very truly solo the whole game (and tbf, up to Cyllage City it can, just Swords Dance and go to town)
>>
>>33369333
The difference is Primarina is the ONLY Pokemon used for the whole speedrun, except for a couple fights where you use Lunala. The speedrun is just a demonstration of Primarina beating everything in the game. There's a reason people on Smogon agreed that it's the starter (or even one of the Pokémon in the whole dex) with the fewest flaws for In-game. Farfetch'd is a shitmon, but if it was able to destroy the whole game better than anything else, that would make it a good In-game Pokémon.
>>
>>33369414
Exhibit A on why sealfags are the worst cancer on this board

>muh smogon
>muh speedrun
>muh ingame tier lists
>>
>>33368182
Owlfag with a victim complex. Why am I not surprised? Just accept the fact that the owl has no practical use in-game or competitively and move on.
>>
>>33368908
Have you forgotten that Primarinas typing alone makes it amazing defensively, and all of its weaknesses are not only commonly used as special attacks which Primarina tanks anyway thanks to its great special defense, but most of those same weaknesses are covered by psychic and ice beam respectively? Primarina is the only one who has perfect type coverage.
>>
>>33369441
>>33369461

Exhibit B on why sealfags are the worst cancer on this board

>Namefagging
>turning a blind eye to the seal's poor phys. def
>>
>>33369493
I know you are probably falseflagging, but do you realize Primarina has one (1) point less in Defense and 2 more in HP, making their defense pretty much equal?
>>
>>33369206
Objectively speaking, Incineroar is actually better suited for Mimikyu because its doesn't take SE damage from ghost moves unlike Decidueye: It can just spam darkest lariat until it goes down. Decidueye would die to the first ghost move it uses.

Also, Primarina also has access to shadow ball and psychic, rendering the ghost and poison type argument moot.

And sorry, Decidueye does in fact have the worse movepool. Shadow ball just wouldn't be used at all since its attack stat is higher anyway, has more physical moves in general and spirit shackle is all-around more useful. That synthesis it has won't be of much use given its garbage physical defenses and decent at best special defense, so it can't tank and is too slow to sweep. At least Incineroar and Primarina have the defenses to backup their low speed.
>>
>>33369508
Unlike Primarina, Decidueye has immunities that matter.
>>
>>33369493
True, but you forget that Decidueyes defense is literally only 1 point higher than Primarinas making the difference rather negligible, plus Primarina actually has ways to boost her defense unlike Decidueye in the forms of scald, reflect, and charm. Decidueye doesn't even get will-o-wisp.
>>
>>33369551
>charm

anon, i...
>>
>>33369551
>her
>>
>>33367836
And (you), my dear, (you)... oh yes, (you) are an idiot!
>>
I still have my decidueye on my team, he's about level 80 now. Although I do agree with other posters. I got more use outta him as a dartrix cause that ghost typing fucks him up
>>
>>33369519
And weaknesses that are easy to exploit.
>>
>>33369519
Decidueye's ghost typing does more bad than good In-game.
>>
>Generation of the most lackluster starters
>Most fervent fanbase
I don't even understand how it's possible. I guess people really wanted to guess who the next Ash-Pokemon was and got too into it.
>>
>>33369781
>lackluster
>>
>>33369796
Yes.
>>
>>33369781
Yes, I know, how dare we try to discuss in game usage of Pokemon we like while falseflaggers try to shit up yet another thread
>>
>>33369781

We're talking about Gen. 2 now?
>>
>>33369514
This, Mimikyu actually was fucking me up cause my Decidueye was my highest level and got bodied
>>
>>33369815
>>33369848
Exactly what I'm talking about, guys.
>>
>>33369204

Here's your pity (You). Sorry it took so long to deliver it.
>>
>>33367836
(you)
>>
>>33367836
Almost as bad as gen5 starters.
>>
>>33369206
>Synthesis
>while it also gets Roost
>Shadow ball
>while it's sig is Spirit Shackle

I can't tell if you're genuinely bad or falseflagger trying to look bad.
>>
>Faggots whine aboyt the starters being too weak
>Faggots whine about the games being too easy
Just another day in /vp/
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.