[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Battle Tree canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Timelines.jpg (231KB, 651x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Timelines.jpg
231KB, 651x1500px
Is the Battle Tree Battles canon?

Red and Blue were 11 years old during Pokémon Red and Blue and Ruby and Sapphires.
may and brendan were 12 years old during that time.

Pokèmon Sun and Moon take place 20 years later..
>>
>>33364910
That's about right. Given what we know about the gaps between each generation, about 20 years since Gen I matches up.
>>
>>33364910
Wally is the Cillian Murphy of the Pokemon world.
>>
What makes you think that report in Silph Co. is from "yesterday" and not an archive report from five years before RBY?
>>
Even if you don't count the battles in the Battle Tree, Red and Green still appears to the player and battle them. That's canon.
>>
>>33364940
Why specifically 5 years?
>>
>>33364910
This implies that the time gap between DPPT/HGSS and BW is 15 years. Jesus.
>>
>>33364910
I'm confused by the bottom. Basically, it's saying BW2 happens at the same time as XY?
>>
>>33364910
The 20 years thing in the polders entry is referring to out-of-universe time, as opposed to in-universe, and even if you say it is talking about in-universe, Red and Blue could have started their journey within that 10 year gap.

Wanna know how that holds up? Because Porygon 2 was upgraded with the intent of space exploration, and which region is the only region thus far with an active space program? Hoenn, and RSE went down the same time as FRLG.
>>
>>33364948
Yes. XY and BW2 happen concurrently. One of the scenario writers for the games confirmed this.
>>
>>33364948
Yes. You can even see references to this in XY because some NPCs talk about the fact that Team Plasma tried to liberate Pokémon in Unova a while back and how Colress visited the Geosenge Ruins before joining Team Plasma.
>>
It's 10 years you morons. I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining it. I don't know where people get this 20 number in their heads from.
>>
>>33364947
More like 10. But that's about right, isn't it? Enough time for the Johto Rocket Grunt to move to Unova, try to restart Team Rocket, quit, get married, and have a kid who's old enough to be conversing with you in BW1.
>>
>>33364963
Sorry, but it's without a doubt more than 10.

I/III to II/IV is three years.
II/IV to B/W is indeterminate, but at least five, and as much as 10.
B/W to B/W2 and Gen VI is two years.
B/W2/Gen VI to Gen VII is two years.

The only unknown gap is between Johto/Sinnoh and Unova, but it's without a doubt more than three years, unless his infant somehow grew impossibly fast.
>>
Yeah but why is wally still a kid?
>>
>>33365035

Because he had a chronic illness during childhood that stunted his growth.
>>
>>33365035
Because he already had a model and design to work with.
>>
>>33364910

Red and Blue/Green don't look 31 to me.

Most likely Porygon was created a few years before (probably 5-10), and that Red/Green are in their 20's.
>>
>>33365021
How do we know Gen VI -> Gen VII was 2 years?
>>
>>33365061
Yeah it would make sense if Porygon was a couple years old during RB. Like 3-5 years old.
>>
>>33365035

Because they weren't going to redesign him for a facility battle.
>>
>>33365087
There's some official concept art of Grimsley somewhere that says "two years later."
>>
>>33365035
Game freak didn't design His Adult model form
>>
>>33364946
I just drop a random number.
>>
>>33365061

As a 31-year-old myself, I think they could reasonably be early-30s. It would make sense, thematically -- for the 20th anniversary, portray them as the same age as the original players who were Red and Blue's age when they first played the series in the '90s.
>>
>>33365035
Red spider lilies are seen when you battle Wally just before the League, in ORAS. according to Wikipedia:

>Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path. Perhaps because of these sorrowful legends, Japanese people often used these flowers in funerals.

The truth is that Wally died shortly after this. The Wally we see in ORAS's postgame, and the one in SM, is actually Wally's corpse being puppeteered by his ow spirit.
>>
File: 637.png (290KB, 487x294px) Image search: [Google]
637.png
290KB, 487x294px
>>33365061
>Red and Blue/Green don't look 31 to me.

Lilie mom doesn't look over 40 years old.
>>
>>33365113
So let me get this straight.

BW2 take place the same time as XY (Gen VI). Grimsley's concept art says "2 years later," implying that it is 2 years from Gen VI.

Got it.
>>
Someone in charge is going to inevitably do the stupid thing and try to make an official Pokemon timeline. And just like Castlevania and Zelda before it, it'll only make things worse.
>>
>>33364910
Wally's appearance along with Cynthia in Battle Tree is not canon. Same applies to PWT and all it's cameos. Much of that is just fanservice and because they had models to work with. That said, I don't know why they didn't make an effort to include Steven, Archie, Maxie, the XY kids trio and Lysandre. They all have models available.
>>
>>33365629

I see
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.