[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any sciencefags/geofags here? your knowledge is recquired to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Any sciencefags/geofags here? your knowledge is recquired to answer a very important question: how big/strong would a Pokémon like Tyranitar or Groudon, or something else (for sake of being cool, let's say a monster, a pocket one if you will, but anything really) have to be to realistically create an earthquake by walking or stomping (if that's even possible, I don't know shit about earthquakes)? or alternatively, and to be math friendly, how big of a force against the ground is needed to generate an earthquake?
>>
>his
>>
>>33363812
Did you mean to say
>>>/his/
?

I don't see a reference to gender anywhere in the OP post.
Also what Pokemon could cum the most?
>>
>>33363796
Earthquakes start at tectonic plate shifting beneath the Earth's crust, where faults are created from plates ramming together and sliding over one another. Something slamming the surface of the Earth isn't always going to generate a shockwave, as it depends on the foundation, but I'm pretty sure some of those massive sauropods (long-necked dinosaurs) did cause the ground around them to shake if they took big steps/brought their foot down hard.
>>
>>33363796
Well how strong of an earthquake do you want? For example, a 4.0 magnitude earthquake has about as much energy as 6 tons of TNT. You could probably get away with much less.
>>
>>33363853
good question I nominate Kyogre
>>
File: IMG_20170510_141316.jpg (74KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_141316.jpg
74KB, 1024x685px
>>33363796
If you're willing to simplify it to an absolutely nonsensical degree, you can make kinetic energy equal to approximate TNT yield. So 0.5*m*v^2 = E. >Wikipedia uses 4.0 on the Richter scale as equal to approximately 46 GJ. Aggron's weight is 360 kg which shouldn't be used, but I'll substitute it for mass, because I don't care enough. Shoving that in, it means Aggron's hitting the ground, with its entire body, at 15,986 m/s. So, absolutely fucking ludicrous. But this is Pokemon so it's all ludicrous.
>>
Using the power of the move Magnitude (assuming the "Magnitudes" are equal to their real-life counterparts), one can assume Earthquake is an 8.5 on the Richter Scale, give or take. In a frictionless world, Primal Groudon would need to leap 2518.44 miles (or 4053042.68 meters, which is comparable to the length of a road trip from Washington D.C to Washington State) into the air to equal that force. With friction, it would require even more height, and would likely be impossible to do due to terminal velocity.
>>
>>33363796
well, since it's a fiction universe they can probably relegate their "earthquake" to a specific spot ala Earthbenders
or earthquake is just a metaphor and they're making the surface shake.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.