[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt; times where you failed to catch the shiny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Shiny Feelzing.png (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Feelzing.png
34KB, 800x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5tfVB8718

Here's one you may not have seen.

Ever fail to catch a shiny, /vp/? Stories or videos are nice
>>
>Graveler used SelfDestruct!
>>
>>33360833
>at friend's house
>playing his diamond
>surfing to victory road
>find a shiny tentacruel
>friend begs me to catch it
>knock it down to yellow with luxray
>won't get in the ball
>friend tells me to try and get it down to red
>feel like being a little shit
>"accidentally" use spark instead of bite
>tentacruel ko'd
>friend is sad
>doesn't get mad, tho
>>
File: shinyalolandiglett.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shinyalolandiglett.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>chaining in Sun for a shiny Diglett to use in a mono-steel playthrough of Moon
>finally find one, after a chain of about 240
>attack the non-shiny Diglett so I can catch the shiny one
>my catcher Smeargle has been bulldozed to -6, so the wild Diglett now outspeed it and get to attack first
>shiny Diglett uses Magnitude, killing the non-shiny Diglett
>My attack gets automatically redirected to the shiny Diglett, killing it

Found another one in a chain of 28 right after, so I'm not too upset about it. I was heartbroken for like ten minutes or so, though.
>>
>>33360847
I was actually able to catch a shiny alolan geodude the other day since i saved my master ball
>>
>>33360833
>tentacool fainted!
>Graveler used self destruct!
>ran out of pokeballs on zubat!
>reset on venomoth!
>groudon used struggle!
>>
>Playing Emerald
>Catch a shiny Poochyena early on, my first shiny ever, feeling good about it
>Later on, find a shiny Geodude
>No Poké Balls
>Whatever, didn't like Geodude anyway
>Same run, find a shiny Graveler
>It kills itself

That was a strange run. Ended with me fucking myself over by performing the cloning glitch wrong. Years later, I started a new game and found another shiny Poochyena. My Torchic scored a critical hit on it.
>>
>>33360833
yeah that exact fucker in the thumbnail blew up all over me. Other than that I haven't failed a shiny. I did fail some rng abuse shinies in sapphire (kyogre multiple times, abra multiple times, safari zone pokes etc) but obviously reclaimed them immediately.
>>
DP. Safari Zone. Quagsire. My first shiny ever.

Fuck the Safari Zone. I hope that garbage mechanic never returns.
>>
I couldn't catch my first shiny ever, a Rattata, because it was part of the catching Pokemon tutorial in Crystal. I have ~40 shinies now and haven't missed one based on my own stupidity so whatever, go fuck yourself Rattata.
>>
File: 1432672810199.gif (37KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
1432672810199.gif
37KB, 400x380px
>there are people who don't run around constantly with their catcher Smeargle
>Damp Quagsire
>heal pulse/leppa berry/recycle/fling Clefable
>common nature Mean Look Gardevoir Synchronizers that you switch around with depending on which mons are common in the area you're in
>99 of every ball

it bothers me that I have to share this board with such casuals
>>
>>33360833

>retards on youtube who spend dozens of hours shiny hunting but don't go through the minor effort of buying pokeballs/getting something with false swipe

You can even tell what a wild pokemon's moveset it just by looking at its level and the 4 highest moves in the level up movepool. So all the retards who freak out about whether or not something has explode/roar/etc.
>>
Ran into a Shiny Entei in Soul Silver, but it ran away.
>>
>>33361069
they retain their shininess on the next encouter
>>
>>33361078
never encountered it again
>>
>>33361112
well if you still know where the game is and have that file, go look for it
>>
I wasn't paying attention and ran away from a shiny Latias like a dumbass.
>>
>Pokémon FireRed
>8 years ago
>Shiny Growlithe
>Use all my Poké Balls
>It uses Roar after

>Later
>Shiny Dratini in Safari Zone
>It flees

I'm still mad
>>
File: 1422688241568.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1422688241568.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>33360833
>times where you failed to catch the shiny
none
>>
>>33360833
>Ever fail to catch a shiny, /vp/?
No, but I bred a shiny Eevee once, and when I was taking a picture of it i dropped my phone on my DS. Both screens went black, but I could still press buttons, and could hear things happen. So i managed to save, reset, and still had the eevee
>>
>>33360833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlF_RxM-_D4
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.