[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Kino things within the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

ITT: Kino things within the franchise
>>
File: kino-therapy.jpg (142KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kino-therapy.jpg
142KB, 833x1000px
>>33359560
>>
File: 1494678668944.jpg (6KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1494678668944.jpg
6KB, 250x238px
>>33359560
>tfw if there ever will be Gen 4 remakes the distortion world will be butchered and made into something as shitty as UItra Space
They are gonna find some excuse. They removed gyms because they think that little kids are too retarded to solve even the easiest of puzzles, they're gonna do it here too.
>>
>>33359592
>"The distortion world project has started"
>>
>>33359592
>"Giratina seems to be creating some kind of world of its own with its own rules"
>>
>>33359560
Good in theory, bad execution. Looked and played terribly on the DS' hardware. Really needs an update desu
>>
>>33359592
The sad part is how Ultra Space is a small cave where you still have to listen to those clowns and watch a load of cutscenes, then battle Lusamine. No, not the Nihilego fusion, just the same team she had at the aether fundation except with higher levels.

Meanwhile, distortion world is an actual dungeon.
>>
File: 1447073507153.jpg (268KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1447073507153.jpg
268KB, 816x816px
>>33359560
The unreleased Hall of Origin sequence was pretty kino
>tfw title theme and ambience kicks in
>>
>>33359560
>Kino
>>>/tv
>>>/qa/
>>>/r/eddit

Take your pick.
>>
>>33359847
They both have the same amount of content though.

Fucking nothing.
>>
>>33359560
I'd actually would rather Ultra Space
>Long, but has no substance
>You literally only need to go through it twice and then it does fuckall

Ultra Space
>short, but it doesn't have any usage whatsoever, so you dont see it again afterward.
>>
>>33359825
>looked and played terribly
Both of these statements are wrong and I don't know you're getting this from

>>33359936
>Long, but has no substance
It's not about what you do there, but the atmospheric value of it all along with how strange it is.

I haven't bothered continuing SM though, someone tell me what makes that great or not.
>>
>>33361386
>Both of these statements are wrong and I don't know you're getting this from
Have you played Platinum? The Distortion World is one of the most boring parts of the game. It's just one long, drawn out strength puzzle. No wild mons, no trainers until the very end (and even then it's just one fight), and there are tons of useless dead ends. Even if it looks impressive at first, it's pretty shitty overall and on replays of the game it's even worse.

The one blemish on an otherwise spectacular game.
>>
>>33361414
And it's not even a puzzle. The lake trio pretty much tells you exactly what to do. It's just tedium.
>>
>>33361414
>he can't appreciate atmosphere
Your loss I guess
>>
>>33361386
Have you recently played Platinum? Gen 4's attempt at a 3D environment does not go down well, everything looks jagged, blurry and out-of-place. This is especially true in Distortion World. The framerate also dips on a game that's already running slower than almost every game before it. These actively take away from any sort of atmospheric presence the area might have and it constantly reminds you of it.

Every time this complaint is brought the only rebuttals I ever hear is either "you have ADHD" or "it's atmospheric" like these are somehow excuses for how fucking bad the games are running. It's like saying SM's totem battle slowdowns are fine because the totem Pokemon is a boss and has a special aura.
>>
>>33359560
Stop using kino when you clearly don't know what it means
>>33359587
>>33359899
Please remove yourselves from this website.
>>
File: 410px-Distortion_World.png (289KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
410px-Distortion_World.png
289KB, 410x600px
I've played platinum, and I can say that the distortion world is the best in the game, its unique and bizarre atmosphere along with its background story and mechanics makes it the best dungeon in the saga.
>>
>>33359814
Giratina created distortion world.
It's the embodiment of antimatter.
distortion world is Giratina too.
>>
File: file.png (199KB, 419x203px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
199KB, 419x203px
>>33359560
>>
>>33359592
DW is little more than a straight line, IIRC it had little but meaningless deviations. It doesn't need to be casualized anymore.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.