[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Komfy Kalos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

File: Kalos.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
Is it just me or is X and Y super comfy in hindsight?
>That huge Pokédex
>Customisation not as bad as SM (who knew)
>Every terrain possible in one region, spread over 4 "seasons"
>Fairies
>Spooky forests and swamp
>Megas lore
>Skates
>Slow pace at the beginning of the game, slowly building your team with a huge range of decent mons

It's always the way, isn't it, /vp/?
Can't wait for Rose X and Violet Y.
>>
>>33358450
The fall and winter environments were comfy as hell
>>
>>33358450
The only good thing that came from XY was Hex Maniac
>>
>>33358450
I have stood by since release that if the last 4 gyms hadn't felt so rushed, and were paced closer to the first few gyms, I'd have overlooked everything else and it'd be one of my all time favourires.
>>
>>33358454
>tfw full region never
>tfw summershit forever
>>
>>33358450
>>Slow pace at the beginning of the game, slowly building your team with a huge range of decent mons

it's just too bad the latter part of the game just goes by in a flash. As soon as you get past the power plant, it's just gym gym gym tea flare gym
>>
File: 1500609848266.jpg (31KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1500609848266.jpg
31KB, 440x660px
>>33358474
>summershit forever
>>
Just started X for the first time today.

So excited!
>>
>>33358464
>>33358476
Thats bullshit actually

Indeed the pace between gyms 4-6 is fast but after that it slows down again

After Fairy gym you have Pokeball factory, route 15, route 16, lost hotel, Dendemille, Ice Cavern, Route 17, rival battle in Anistar and then you go to the gym

After that you have Lysandre Labs, Geosenge hideout (all that takes a while), return to Anistar, Route 18, Terminus cave, Couriway Town, Route 19, friends battle, first visit in Snowbelle, Route 20/woods, Pokemon village and then the ice gym
>>
I feel like I need some more motivation to continue with X. I had just beaten Grant the last time I played. I think I need to give it another shot because I like the looks of a lot of the locations I've seen and they appear more interesting than anything I saw in Sun.

My main issues were
>The huge amount of Pokémon available made progressing through each area a chore as there was so much stuff to check off since I catch everything
>The massive gap between the first and second Gyms made it feel like I wasn't really making much progress
>Your friends being around so much, which is the same problem I had with BW
>The difficulty being ridiculously low, even with the Exp. Share turned off (I made the mistake of using Pokémon-Amie)
>Worrying about just how linear the region would be as I progressed, though playing Sun has made me feel that nothing can be worse than SM Alola
Side areas did exist in Alola, but most of them were boring like Kala'e Bay and Melemele Sea or had little thought put into them like Ten Carrot Hill and Haina Desert. I remember actually being able to visit certain locations in X ahead of when I had to go there, like the lower half of Route 8 or Geosenge Town, and that's already miles ahead of Alola.
>>
>Customisation not as bad as SM (who knew)
This guy knows what's up. There were so many clothing options that pretty much fit anything you wanted, from midriff-exposing camisoles for the hot summer areas, to coat dresses for Snowbelle. Calem had far less than Serena, but he still got a variety, from graphic tees, v-necks, varying types of jackets and hoodies, and boots for snowy or swampy locations.
>>
>>33358450
it is comfy, people who hate the kalos region map only hate it because the plot was made so that you have nothing to explore post-game and had nothing except a small city with a shitty mansion, which is no fault of the map
>>
Kalos had the potential to be really good, it just needed more single player content. I wouldn't mind it being a post-game region in the future.
>>
I wish Deerling still changed forms. Kalos' environments would have been perfect.
>>
Kalos is my favorite region, aesthetically, for this very reason. It's so fucking comfy, especially Laverre and the surrounding areas.
>>
>>33358503
>The huge amount of Pokémon available made progressing through each area a chore as there was so much stuff to check off since I catch everything
That's your problem, not the game's. You can just stop being retarded.
>>
Only qualms about Kalos
>Started the new trend of linear and rather bare areas (Power Plant)
SM takes the cake but XY started it
>Incredibly EZ Modo even without EXP Share
>Almost nonexistant post game

Man I miss returning to cave areas and thoroughly navigating through their maze like layouts to find anything I could. The jump to 3D absolutely murdered fun maps and dungeons. Otherwise XY was overall very great. I honestly can't bring myself to say this about Sun and Moon though. Gamefreak absolutely shit the bed with Gen 7.
>>
>>33358450
They are worthless trash. Like SM. Didn't even finish them. Unplayable "games"
>>
>>33358450
>skates
Circle pad with skates is the worst when you just wanna walk but you know you can use d pad instead right??????
Comfy indeed
>>
>>33358474
Just play BW/BW2 and set your DS calendar to an autumn or winter month.
>>
>>33358450
>customization "not as bad"
None of the pinks or blacks even remorely matched, meaning that if you wanted a good ensemble with either you were stuck with one or two outfits. Also, half the singular items were fugly as shit. If you wanted the added fashion bonus, you either had to deal with looking like add or stick with 3 outfits to cycle through. And this is just from the girl's selection.
>>
>>33359065
I dunno I had some pretty cute goth looks from XY, at least 3 outfits worth.
>>
>>33358450
>decent mons
the pokemon were garbage. talonflame is only good with its hidden ability, aegislash is late-game, and greninja leaves something to be desired without it's hidden ability. Everything else is straight garbage (other than a few rare mons)
>>
The game is easy, anon. Just like every other Pokemon game. In what universe is a Talonflame not 'decent' enough for a main game playthrough even without Gale Wings? Stop being so fucking retarded.
>>
File: Serena Calem win.png (113KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Calem win.png
113KB, 400x240px
>>33359065
There were pinks that matched up.
>>
>>33358450
The only thing I genuinely disliked were the several routes with piss-yellow grass.
>>
>>33358450
Only thing I liked is that they were easy to get into and play. Everything else is mediocre. It really needed a third version
>>
>>33358480
Get ready for literally no legendaries except for mewtwo and a bird at the end. Also some gym leaders are filler. And lysandre is easy peasy. Terrible postgame since RGB days. Probably the worst game since since BW
>>
I've began to like XY after playing SM. They actually give you some fucking freedom, and the dex is godly.
>>
My least favourite part of xy is the bloated dex
What reason is there to like this? Before the 2nd gym you realize that this game has barely any design, it's just throwing pokemon at you
S/M had a way better regional dex
>>
>>33359147
>he didn't use helioptile and tyrantrum
Hmmm
>>
>>33360530
SM's dex was disgusting trash. All of the new Pokémon were waifus or legendaries.
>>
>>33360530
Too much Pelipper, Gumshoos, and Raticate.
>>
>>33360550
I liked it, I had a lot of fun using vikavolt and alolan dugtrio in particular. That dugtrio was very clutch in my nuzlocke

And it's really a better dex from a game design perspective, there's really no dex that is worse than xy in that sense
It should have had a national dex, of course
>>
>>33360578
That's not really a bad thing, each new route doesn't need 4-5 new pokemon
I nuzlocked it and never found myself grappling with dupes clause
Having a few common mons is realistic
>>
Yeah I too think Kalos is very comfy for a playthrough. X and y are actually 2 of my more liked pokemon-games,although they feel exremely ufinished, just because the palette of early available pokemon is really awesome and most of the region is very nice. I played these games a lot just because of how much awesome ingame-team options they offer. They even made it possible to use a themed team thats build around characters of my favorite show pll... I just wish Illumina City and the dessert never existed...
>>
File: why the fuck 2.0.png (20KB, 739x115px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck 2.0.png
20KB, 739x115px
>>33360591
>>33360530
>this on 20+ locations
>not a bad thing
>>
>>33359065
>None of the pinks or blacks even remotely matched,

Oh I definitely agree, the colouring was terrible.

At least you had the option to wear different silhouettes that could suit any environment. SM just gives you shorts and t-shirt....Oh wait sorry or you can wear fucking CAPRI PANTS. With LOAFERS. What the fuck.

I miss going through the winter section of Kalos with my down jacket and beanie :'(

>>33360530
>least favourite part of xy is the bloated dex
>S/M had a way better regional dex
You can't be serious, anon.
Gen 1 takes up 29% of the Alola Dex despite being 20 years old and only making up 19% of all 802 Pokémon.
Meanwhile only 24% of the notably tropical Gen 3 got a word in, making up just 11% of a dex in what is meant to be a region inspired by a tropical country.

Kalos had a unique selection of Pokémon in practically every area which allows you to play through the game several times and not get bored.
>>
>>33360530
Kalos is objectively the best game to Nuzlocke, and the variety of Pokemon on each route makes the world feel like a real ecosystem.

I'm still mad about SM. So many interesting new mons, but nobody is going to use them in a Nuzlocke because they're so rare and fucking toilet bird is on every route.
>>
>>33361332
I disagree entirely, but I'm glad that other people enjoy those big dexes :)
I prefer moderate sized dexes for the sake of design
>>
>>33358450
south kalos never ever

thanks game freak for another wasted potential
>>
File: winter region trainers.jpg (659KB, 1157x1212px) Image search: [Google]
winter region trainers.jpg
659KB, 1157x1212px
>>33358474
>no full winter region ever
Feels bad man.
>>
>>33358450
I really miss roller skates and the bicycle.
>>
>>33361482
I always see XY fans mention the roller skates, but I couldn't stand it, honestly. It was too touchy and controlled strangely compared to walking on-foot or using the bike, and it didn't help that the world was still grid-based. I was constantly bumping into walls when I just wanted to enter a door. Eventually had enough of it and left the Dowsing Machine on to walk on-foot with the circle pad.
>>
>>33361460
I also think the same. Routes on XY weren't built around the exp curve neither had a well done distribution. They felt spammed in a really random way. I did enjoy the sixth gen as a whole, but this was more of an issue than other thing.

In the other way, the SM dex is not better, but could be fixed changing the encounter rates of the less useful mons around.
>>
>>33361554
Yeah, I actually really enjoyed gen6 as a whole
But I don't mind having gunshoos and fearow hang around in most routes - it reflects the omnipresence of birds and introduced mammals that flourish near humans
I got a lot of new pokemon in my nuzlocke
>>
>>33361332
B2W2 is objectively the best nuzlocke game.
>>
>>33358450
Literally the best region hands down

Not necessarily best games, but best REGION.
>>
>>33361969
I like platinum and emerald a lot more
B2W2 really fucking drags on in the last half, and the way it handles legendary encounters bothers me
>>
>>33358450
>>That huge Pokédex
With mostly shitmons already seen in past games and only few new ones
>>Customisation not as bad as SM (who knew)
I give you the custiomization thing but comparing it with SM doesnt gives it more merits
>>Every terrain possible in one region, spread over 4 "seasons"
It was retarded, it was better the season system in Gen 5
>>Fairies
Shit nobody asked
>>Spooky forests and swamp
Gen 4 already did that
>>Megas lore
Retarded as fuck, Megas makes no sense in Pokemon at all
>>Skates
I give you that
>>Slow pace at the beginning of the game, slowly building your team with a huge range of decent mons
More like a shitass pace
>>
>>33362271
I thought fairies and megas were cool at best and completely inoffensive at worst
>>
>>33358450
I was going to tell you to fuck off but this guy >>33362271 already wrote everything I had in mind.

>>33362305
More like they were inoffensive at best and fucking horrible at worst.
Fairies served no purpose and it took gen 7 to give them some personality.
Megas are the worst implemented feature ever and there's nothing you can defend about them except for some decent designs.
>>
>>33362451
I don't know, what was so offensive about either?
I liked florges quite a bit in gen 6, and clefable has long been one of my favourite pokemon

I have no clue what is so bad about megas, though, seems like it's exhausting to be at negative
>>
>>33358474
This.
>not happy when they announced shit tropical theme for S/M
>oh well at least it's just one game
>USUM
>gen 8 not until Q42018 at the absolute earliest
>it's going to be a fucking 3 year+ long tropical summer beach party full of disgusting brown people
Fuck me.
>>
File: IMG_0298.gif (499KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.gif
499KB, 250x188px
>>33360530
>S/M had a way better regional dex
>>
>>33358450
I loved X and Y, despite some forced things in the story. I like the customization way better than in SM.
>>
>>33362741
It's true
Bigger does not mean better
>>
The amount of location variation is sorely missing from alola.
>>
>>33362965
If I had to choose between two Kanto-saturated dexes belonging to non-Kanto regions, I'd take the one with the non-Kanto foreign mons having a higher percentage and the ability to not be constantly swamped by Gumshoos, Magikarp and Pelipper.
>>
>>33362997
Nice hyperboly but the xy dex was Just too big to have any reasonable design or distribution
I'd rather encounter common animals than feel like each route was populated by dart board
>>
>>33363037
B2W2's dex is about the same size as SM's and the distribution of foreign mons is relatively equal. What do you think about that one?
>>
File: 1470985924843s.jpg (2KB, 125x88px) Image search: [Google]
1470985924843s.jpg
2KB, 125x88px
>>33362965
your mom said something different last night
>>
>>33358900
goofy ass
>>
>>33363057
>watching his mom get blacked

I'm not sure who's got it worse
>>
>>33358784
It's called content pacing. There shouldn't be so much content in a short time frame as to overwhelm a player. It should be introduced at a comfortable pace. Look at Kanto.

Pallet Town
>Bulbasaur OR Charmander OR Squirtle

Route 1
>Pidgey
>Rattata

Route 22
>Spearow
>Nidoran-F
>Nidoran-M

Route 2
>Caterpie (Green/Blue)
>Weedle (Red)

Viridian Forest
>Caterpie (Red) / Metapod
>Weedle (Green/Blue) / Kakuna
>Pikachu

Route 3
>Jigglypuff

Mt. Moon
>Clefairy
>Zubat
>Paras
>Geodude

Route 4
>Ekans (Red)
>Sandshrew (Green/Blue)

Route 24
>Oddish (Red/Blue)
>Abra
>Bellsprout (Green)

Route 5
>Meowth (Green/Blue)
>Mankey (Red)

Route 11
>Drowzee

Diglett's Cave
>Diglett / Dugtrio

Route 10
>Voltorb

Rock Tunnel
>Machop
>Onix
>Ditto (Blue)

Pokémon Tower
>Gastly/ Haunter
>Cubone

Route 8
>Growlithe (Red/Blue)
>Vulpix (Green)

Route 12
>Gloom (Red/Blue)
>Venonat
>Weepinbell (Green)

Route 13
>Ditto (Red/Green)

Route 14
>Pidgeotto

Route 16
>Raticate
>Doduo

Route 17
>Fearow
>>
Safari Zone 1
>Nidorina
>Nidorino
>Parasect
>Exeggcute
>Rhyhorn
>Chansey
>Scyther (Red/Blue)
>Pinsir (Green)

Safari Zone 2
>Lickitung (Blue)
>Kangaskhan (Red/Green)

Safari Zone 3
>Venomoth
>Tauros (Red/Green)

Route 19
>Tentacool

Seafoam Islands 1
>Golbat
>Psyduck (Red/Green)
>Golduck (Red)
>Slowpoke
>Slowbro (Green/Blue)
>Seel
>Shellder (Red)
>Krabby (Green/Blue)
>Horsea (Red/Blue)
>Staryu (Green/Blue)

Seafoam Islands 2
>Dewgong
>Shellder (Green/Blue)
>Kingler (Green/Blue)
>Seadra (Red)
>Staryu (Red)

Seafoam Islands 3
>Golduck (Green)
>Slowbro (Red)
>Jynx (Blue)

Pokémon Mansion 1
>Ponyta
>Grimer
>Muk
>Koffing
>Weezing

Pokémon Mansion 3
>Magmar (Green)

Route 21
>Tangela

Power Plant
>Raichu (Green/Blue)
>Magnemite / Magneton
>Electabuzz (Red)

Route 23
>Arbok (Red)
>Sandslash (Green/Blue)

Victory Road 1
>Machoke
>Graveler
>Marowak

Cerulean Cave 1
>Raichu (Red)
>Kadabra
>Rapidash (Blue)
>Dodrio (Red/Green)
>Hypno

Cerulean Cave 2
>Wigglytuff
>Dodrio (Blue)
>Electrode
>Rhydon
>>
>>33358450
The start of X/Y was pretty good, then it went to shit when you got your Mega Ring. I loved how pretty much every single trainer up until that point had a different team of Pokemon, there are 700+ Pokemon and it's nice to see a game that actually includes a significant portion of them in the game. It's one of the reasons why I love BW2 so much, you get so much variety to choose from. In other games, you're stuck with using the same Pokemon during every playthrough unless you want to wait half the game to catch most of your party members or unless you want to trade them over (but then you get boosted experience and the game becomes even easier).
>>
>>33363431
>It's called content pacing

It's called not needing to catch every fucking thing as you go like an autist.
>>
>>33363047
I'd say I prefer the sm dex but I'm a little biased there
I prefer emerald or platinum sized dex, but as long as it's designed and not bloated to the degree if xy, then that's okay with me
>>
How the fuck is a "bloated" Pokedex even a complaint? Are you complaining that NPCs actually have a variety of Pokemon? Are you complaining that you have a bigger selection of Pokemon to choose from?
>>
>>33358450
Kalos had pretty comfy music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95a6lAjFVvQ&list=RDQMhXQO2sDzdkg
>>
>>33363585
Yeah, there is some serious diminishing returns on dex size after 300 or so
Usually it isn't worth sacrificing game design to squeeze more of them into routes
>>
>>33363628
The dex size has nothing to do with "game design", it's literally just another enemy that can pop up in battle. And the amount of effort it takes to make more Pokemon available in game is absolutely minimal, so there are no diminishing returns at all. If anything, you could argue that a larger regional dex improves the game design by giving trainers more variety in their Pokemon parties. It's not like making a larger regional dex means that Game Freak are forced to create less new Pokemon either. They don't have a predetermined number of Pokedex slots for each game that can be "wasted" by older Pokemon.
>>
>>33358450
XY's setting and customization with SM's story and mechanics plus facial expressions for the player character would have made it perfect.
>>
>>33358450

Kalos is comfy as fuck. The OP's pic is my favorite Route in the entire series, especially that music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y

And don't give me that "Zelda Cycle" BS. I've been saying this in Unpopular Opinion threads for years. Why Kalos as a region gets trashed so much is completely beyond me. (Especially since it's been followed up by three fucking sunny tropical summer regions in a row.)
>>
>>33363911
>(Especially since it's been followed up by three fucking sunny tropical summer regions in a row.)
I hope the Switch games take place in either some very dry, desert like area or snowy place like the Scandinavia.
>>
>>33363557
I'm aware that not many people do it, but there are better ways to pace the content without reducing it. Three new Pokémon per route is fine, but there are methods that can expand it further.

Dual Slot mode like in the Sinnoh games, but on a wider scale would be effective. Since there's no GBA slot on the 3DS, you can do the next best thing and have Virtual Console games do the same thing. When starting the game, there could be options on the main menu, like starting in "Red Mode" or "Gold Mode" to find new Pokémon on routes like Ekans/Arbok or Spinarak/Ariados.

Mass outbreaks like in the DS games also work, where there's a new swarm everyday in various locations.

The Poké Radar like in Sinnoh lets you find a new Pokémon on every route with grass.

The PokéGear's radio in HGSS lets you find new Pokémon on various routes if you're playing the right radio channel like Hoenn Sound and Sinnoh Sound.

I've never done the Friend Safari but it sounds like something that could make more Pokémon available, though I think it would work better as a method that added more Pokémon to different routes under certain conditions.

Hidden Grottoes from B2W2 are also always options.

Sun and Moon had Island Scan.

Combine all this with DexNav (I haven't played ORAS, but it looks like the best thing about it), and each route now has a huge amount of replay value (especially if most of these features are post-game) and the post-game expands dramatically. Meanwhile, the main story isn't bloated with 10 Pokémon per route.
>>
>>33363755
Sure it does. The pokemon you fight in gyms or other boss fights should be designed against what you have available, what other major part of design does pokemon even have?

This has nothing to do with whether pokemon are new or old, anyways.
>>
>>33363992
Yeah I completely agree with you, it's very nice to find somebody who feels similarly!
The friend safari was decent but a bit limited for obvious reasons

Which regional dex did you like best?
>>
>>33363992
Almost all the shit you listed is post-game only. I'd rather not see fucking Dugtrio or Pelipper or Linoone on every route on a first playthrough just because your autism can't handle moving on without catching everything, thanks
>>
>>33358450
fuck yes I put around 800 into x/y. only 100 into s/m
>>
>>33364087
I find that ~200 is a good number for a regional Pokédex, and I think Platinum Sinnoh did it best because it's designed so you can actually see the entire regional Pokédex in the game, unlike previous regions. Red and Green had it so you couldn't see Venusaur if you picked Charmander, the evolution of the other fossil, Electabuzz (or Magmar), Scyther (or Pinsir), Golem, and a few others. The Gen II and III Pokédexes were similar, not even letting you see all the starters without trading. I can't remember the Unova and New Unova Pokédex that well so I can't offer a good assessment.
>>
>>33361469
>forgetting sinnoh
>>
>>33364073
>The pokemon you fight in gyms or other boss fights should be designed against what you have available
And how does increasing the number of available Pokemon make that worse? Trainers in a gym having a selection of 5/6 different Pokemon is better than just having 2/3 different Pokemon. The most important thing when considering what teams NPCs should have is the level of their Pokemon.

>what other major part of design does pokemon even have?
There's route/dungeon design, level scaling, trainer placement. Then you have the battle mechanics themself. Pokemon selection has nothing to do with that.
>>
>decide to get back into pkmn after like 12 years
>"oh hey s+m is most recent I'll get that"
>feel underwhelmed by selection, challenges and over reliance on cutscenes
>only saving grace is E4

I hear the post game is okay but I kind of don't want to because the rest of the game has been boring.

Contrast XY, I just recently bought and am enjoying it a lot. You have acess to every type pretty much out of the gate, meaning you can make whatever team you want. Bretty cool.
>>
worst part about XY is customization. ORAS was so much better because you had a set character like the other games
>>
I felt ok playing XY.
Yeah no postgame
No tutors
Poorly developed plot
Fucking useless friend rivals
Weird pacing

But the level design was great, since Kalos had no seasons, they used different themed routes, and the environment and music helped, the big dex worked better than island dexes since the rate wasn't fucked up and you could make a mixed team or regional team without feeling underwheled.

I hope USUM fixes the pokedex and don't give us pelippers, rattatas and gumshoos everywhere.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c

Kalos got nothing on Unova.
>>
>>33361469
Fuck that shit
>>
>>33360880
some wild pokemon exist for grinding anon
>>
>>33364559
Yeah, and those pokemon are named Chansey and Audino, NOT toiletbird
>>
>>33364537
Maybe we'd get some good Ice type pokemon for a change.
>>
XY 3rd game could have been the best game in the series. Instead we got ORAS, which while pretty good is nothing remarkable.

One of the biggest "what-ifs" in the series IMO
>>
>>33358503
Don't catch everything. Don't use Amie. It'll be a lot more fun and more challenging.
>>
>>33358450
I liked the "seasons" aspect of the environments.

Was it designed to make the story seem like it took place over the course of a year?
>>
>>33364513
Shit taste.
>>
>>33360880
Some pokemon are common, and others are rare
Alola should have a lot of seabirds
>>
File: snowbelle_by_namie_kun-d72e8fk.png (522KB, 525x735px) Image search: [Google]
snowbelle_by_namie_kun-d72e8fk.png
522KB, 525x735px
>>33364513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWK7L-XzRcY
Except true comfy
>>
>>33364887
>seagulls and pelicans are the only water related birds

End this meme. I'm sick of seeing these pathetic excuses for pokemon
>>
>>33364905
I like them, but whether I like them or not isn't really relevant, I think them being common is sensible
And what meme are you referring to..?
>>
>>33364887
Most new Pokemon in a new Pokemon game shouldn't be rarer than something we've already seen before.
>>
>>33364915
Motherfucker, the entire region is 20 feet from water. By your logic, Durant should be in every location from routes to even within the pokecenter
>>
>>33364894
Best town theme right there.
>>
>>33363992
literal autism.
>>
>>33364918
I don't necessarily agree with that, I think it's fun to search for cool or powerful pokemon
New pokemon make sense to be rare to me, more fun than making old pokemon rare
>>
>>33364929
Why? Durant is not a normal ant, that isn't really a comparison that makes sense to me
I would have no problems with a region with a lot of Durant, though, they're nice pokemon
>>
>>33364933
Hey back off I think that anon is cool
Insult me instead if you must
>>
>>33364341
As far as I remember, no one forces you to change your clothes or hair in XY
>>
File: avalugg.jpg (352KB, 1202x926px) Image search: [Google]
avalugg.jpg
352KB, 1202x926px
>>33361469
i want early ice types reeeeeeee
>>
>>33364960
What game has the earliest ice-type, I wonder?
>>
>>33364970
I think it's SM actually. Too bad it's Delibird
>>
>>33364989
Haha, that definitely counts.
>>
>>33364970
Maybe Amaura? You can get it at lvl 20 in XY.
>>
>Is it just me or is X and Y super comfy in hindsight
It's not just you. Playing through kalos again a few months before sm came out, I had the same exact thought.
>>
File: 1502410061640.png (58KB, 410x371px) Image search: [Google]
1502410061640.png
58KB, 410x371px
>Kalos
>comfy
Next you'll say that Unova is comfy too huh?
>>
>>33364937
Using your bros from older games is fine, but half of the new dex shouldn't be rare when one of the main reasons to buy the new games is the new Pokemon. Especially, when such a small amount of new Pokemon were introduced.
>>
If Kalos has two things over Alola, the first is that it's an actual region instead of a theme park ride.
The second is that it has an autumn town and routes.
>>
File: good-boys.jpg (49KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
good-boys.jpg
49KB, 578x327px
>>33365153
Of course it is. Have you heard the music? If someone tried to rape my ears with Unova's soundtrack, then I'd really enjoy it. And you know what they say, it's not rape if you like it.
>>
im so glad that the "ew this is new" hate for xy went away as sm turned out to be especially dog shit

ive liked xy since forever despite its few flaws
>>
>>33358450
If they turned rollerskates into a key item instead of a mandatory permanently tied to the left stick item, I'd be satisfied.
Sadly Gamefreak is a dogshit game developer who can't even do that right.
>>
>>33364937
>I don't necessarily agree with that, I think it's fun to search for cool or powerful pokemon
Sure if there was an alternative method other than running in circles and hoping something that isn't a flying toilet appears.
But that's not the case so it's boring as fuck.
>>
>People still hate OR/AS in spite of it being better than X/Y and Sun/Moon.
why
>>
>>33365969
Most of the time rare pokemon are only found in a few routes or rooms
In SM's case, you need to find the right patch of grass, too!

That's stuff I like thinking about and doing.
>>
>>33358450
I love Laverre, Route 15 and Snowbelle - the music makes them all even more comfy!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y

That moment when a Pokémon game comes up with a route theme that wouldn't feel out of place in one of those epic high-budget medieval J-RPG.
>>
>>33365981
Probably because it isn't better than X/Y and Sun/Moon.
>>
File: 1458306568108.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458306568108.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>33362570
Let my answer be prefaced by the fact that I played up to ORAS - so not SM - and BW/B2W2 were my favorite editions even though I was 22 back then.
I mean I might be biased. A lot.

Fairy Types were the worst balancing patch in the history of anything, and Pokemon back then made the horrible of introducing the Steel Type, a.k.a. "Babby's first defense pokemon" resisting almost the whole board.

But at least it made fucking sense and has three rather common weaknesses in Fire, Ground and Fight, meanwhile only being very effective against Ice and Rock (the worst types to defend with).

So what's wrong with Fairy?
In short, the Balancing is off beyond belief.
Only Steel and Poison are x2 against Fairies - they've also been the rarest types of attacks to that date, and it didn't just change overnight. And if you now make a Steel-Fairy, you basically have a boosted Steelmon with no weakness against Fight anymore while gaining a x0 against Dragons.

How the fuck was nerfing Dragons even neccessary aside from the Uber Meta? Just use steel to def and Ice to attack, usually you have 4x weaknesses to Ice and if not you get another weakness to exploit.

Fairy type in itself is bad enough, but together with it came pure AIDS to show off how powerful they are. Pixilate, every shitter learning whatever Fairy version of Psychic is and much more basically made Dragon and Fight a less valuable typing. Maybe that was intended, they were strong, but now Dark Type sucks.
>>
File: 1262082554118.png (43KB, 370x243px) Image search: [Google]
1262082554118.png
43KB, 370x243px
>>33364894
>>33364513
>unironically hating on the editions which gave us the best metagame to date
>>
File: 2017-08-23_17h38_19.png (4KB, 195x113px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-23_17h38_19.png
4KB, 195x113px
>>33364970
Clover has these guys in the second town on lvl 16.

Think about fakemons and memes all you want but so far it's a better pokemon experience than the main line in terms of variety and difficulty.
>>
>>33366554
I'm shilling Gen5 this whole thread but man, ORAS was even worse than XY for obvious reasons and SM repeated most errors.

Free Latias triggered me the most, I want to scream at the fuck for disappearing.
>>
>>33358474
Maybe we can hope for a good d/p/pt remake just for the comfy snow routes
>>
>>33360530
I agree that Kalos had a stupidly bloated dex, but Alola is just as bad in the complete opposite way. There's barely any variety at all, and you end up encountering nothing but Gumshoos and Pelipper.
>>
>>33365981
ORAS had a lot to live up to and failed to deliver.
>>
>>33365981
Because ORAS, while better than XY and SM, are also only barely better than RS, and are worse than Emerald in several aspects. Compare HGSS, which are definitive remakes that improve upon all three prior versions in almost every way. That should have been the case with ORAS too, but Game Freak dropped the ball and disappointed everybody.
>>
Kalos felt a little too much like a theme park to me. All the different environments were cool, but there was no real transition to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a little gate between every route & town, which made the biomes feel all the more artificial.
>>
>>33368248
I don't think it was bad and I don't see the inherent negativity in any of this
The types seem just as bandages l balanced as they were before, but fighting is certainly less common
>>
>>33368400
SM had a big dex, though. Having done common pokemon in the routes doesn't change that. I hear and understand people don't like to run into the same pokemon over several routes, but that's never something that bother me.
>>
>>33368596
I thought oras were better than hgss because the only shit to do in post game (after red, kanto isn't really postgame) is the new stuff, and I realize that rse had a lot more nuance in its design

Plus I still like playing crystal more, myself
>>
>>33365153
>Unova
No, fuck that claustrophobic mess.
>>
>>33365153
Honestly, I would love to live in Unova. It has a city in the countryside, a small city where it's always raining, resort areas, Pinwheel Forest, Marine Tube, and great music.
>>
>>33368864
It's not several routes though, it's half of them.
>>
>>33369182
Semantics don't change anything. Whether we call it several or half doesn't actually change the number.

I care more about the rest of the encounter tables beyond the common pokemon, anyways.
>>
>>33361332
This is why you Wonderlocke in SM.
>>
>>33369568
I had no problem nuzlocking it like normal, and I don't remember having to use dupe clause often

My team was entirely new mons or alolan forms, too

Really not any different in that sense from other games that aren't XY
>>
Laverre City is my favorite town in a pokemon game. I wish I could capture a similar aesthetic for my home.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.