[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Pokemon go from a standard game series with an anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (220KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 600x825px
Why did Pokemon go from a standard game series with an anime artstyle to total weeaboo pandering since Gen V?
>every single character is designed to be cutesy now
>gameplay is now railroaded more than ever before in favor of typical power of friendship and ideals shit
>BW2 protag is fucking Sailor Moon
>dressup is a thing, and you can make your character become a swim top and ripped socks-wearing bimbo of all things
>"friends" who never stop pestering you, like Cheren, the 4 assholes from XY, ORAS May, and Hau
>PR Videos that let you show off how cute your trainer is
>BW2 lets you date some kawaii desu ne idol girl with pink hair and a shy personality
>ORAS shoehorns a May date and makes her act like a typical moeblob
>contests went from showing off your Pokemon with style to complete idolshit, compare tuxedo and dress Lucas/Dawn to Brendan and May's otaku-pandering clothes and how over the top everything is
>Mega Pokemon as a concept, with the power of friendship activating it, along with the trainer making a ridiculous anime transformation pose
>everything about Lillie
>merch now focuses on making overpriced high quality figurines of the female characters, now making Pokemon no different from garbage anime
What the fuck happened?
>>
Pokemon followed the trend of modern life that's all
>>
>>33358285
According to Sun and Moon, however, Mega Evolution actively harms your Pokémon. ... When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that's because its excess of power is causing it pain. Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it.
>>
>>33358285
i like it :\
>>
File: 1489030107775.png (437KB, 955x953px) Image search: [Google]
1489030107775.png
437KB, 955x953px
>>33358285
>2000 + 17
>expecting Pokemon games to be about the Pokemon
>>
File: Lf9Dwya.png (614KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Lf9Dwya.png
614KB, 620x620px
>>33358285
Japanese pop culture happened.
>>
>>33358330
>taking Pokedex entries to heart when they still say that Cubone's mother is dead
>>
File: Hex Maniac.png (100KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
Hex Maniac.png
100KB, 358x358px
The target audience changed, and as such, the games have too. If you like Pokemon's multiplayer gameplay and want to stay current, you could try to suck it up and play ORAS/SM for online communications, but if all these things turn you off, it's best that you just move onto another series, or stick with the older games.
The shift since Gen V has been pretty obvious, although some people pin all the blame on VI and VII, even though it started before that.

Something interesting to note is that Game Freak seems aware of when things go their way lately. The otaku/weeb audience loved XY's Hex Maniac when the games came out, so ORAS not only kept her design, but also promoted her to a selectable multiplayer avatar, when she originally wasn't. Adding to that, she also ended up getting a special TCG card and appears every now and then on the Pokemon websites.
>>
>>33358378
Otakus are a plague to entertainment.
>>
File: 1499489728185.gif (1011KB, 276x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499489728185.gif
1011KB, 276x250px
>>33358285
>tfw I play Pokémon mainly for the story and female human characters
>tfw I don't care that much about the Pokémon themselves anymore
>tfw they are making a lot of figures of human characters (mainly females)

It feels so good to be one of the target audiences.
>>
It's better than ever. Everyone stop lying to yourself and others.
>>
>>33358432
I like figures because it's like official artwork in physical 3D form, but I just wish it wasn't all the female protagonists, Brock, Misty, plus Red. Where's Ethan and Hilbert?

>>33358465
The high point of Pokémon was early/mid-2010, and this board's creation then is evidence of that. We had just come off of Platinum and HGSS and BW we're looking like a huge shake up in terms of story, even featuring older protagonists. But they weren't as good as the previous generation, being closer in quality to FRLG, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's a big drop from what we were expecting. The hype back then was unreal though. B2W2 were a return to form, but everything since has been kinda half-hearted. Just because the technology has gotten better and the mechanics have evolved, it doesn't mean something like Sun and Moon are better than even Red and Green. Red and Sun are my two most recently-played games and I have to say that Red felt like a more consistently enjoyable experience while Sun was constant grimacing at certain decisions.
>>
File: 200px-Sun_Moon_Sophocles.png (51KB, 200x214px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Sun_Moon_Sophocles.png
51KB, 200x214px
>>33358285
>every single character is designed to be cutesy now
Well, not every single character.
>>
>>33358553
Nobody cares about males, not even females care about them (I would like a figure of Hilbert with Reshiram or Zekrom facing against N tho).
>>
>>33358554
Sophocles is cute though! I want to hug him!
>>
>>33358285
Shit taste otaku's and weebs are literally Japan's economy. It's the sad, sick truth.
>>
>>33358891
who cares? babies are gross and normal women and men are stuck-up faggots.
>>
>>33358330
pretty sure that was always the intention they had for mega evolution
> Korrina's Lucario in the anime went zerk when it megavolved and even turned on Korrina cuz lack of control of so much power
>>
>>33358330
>trusting rotom
>>
>>33358285
>BW2 lets you date some kawaii desu ne idol girl with pink hair and a shy personality
>ORAS shoehorns a May date and makes her act like a typical moeblob
>playing as a boy
>>
>>33358553
Serena and calem are older
>>
>>33359469
The date still happens if you play as May, just with NPC Brendan doing all the talking instead. He's also way more into you than his RSE counterpart.
>>
>>33358285
>total weeaboo pandering since Gen V?
You mean the American generation?
>>
>>33358285

Jojo watch

Thats your answer

Yokai watch >>>>Z ring/power ring
Whisper >>>>>>>> rotomdex
>>
>>33358432
Feels good, but I have to admit that sumo is draining

Hoping that USUM is much better,

Personally, the tutorial was too long drawn...
>>
>Japanese games made by Japanese people are "weeaboo"
You need to go back.
>>
>>33360894
Garbage moe anime and games like Neptunia get called weebshit all the time even though they're made by japs. Pokemon has been going that route, so it's only fair to call it that too.
>>
>>33361436
As he said, you need to go back.
>>
>>33361646
>can't even defend weebshit Pokemon
>y-you need to go back!
You people are why Pokemon became the Lillie show
>>
>>33358285
Doesnt help that USUM director is an ultra faggot, just see the Game Informer video
Honestly Game Freak should make a T rated game if they like to add shit like that in the games
>>
>>33358378
Not to mention David, the blonde guy in Kiawe trial.
Because he became memetic, now he is being forced too
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.