[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think XY > S&M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: XY-logo.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XY-logo.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Anyone else think XY > S&M?
>>
Childhood is hating XY, adulthood is seeing that XY was probably the better game all along.
Anyone that disagrees is a child.
>>
I liked the environments more and it had nice clothing options, and it gave me Spritzee, that's about it
>>
>>33357820
They didn't fuck up level grinding and breeding so yes
>>
>>33357820
Pokémon XY have an excellent job and wonderful efforts are the first games to bring us many changes in all aspects of the Pokémon World
>>
>>33357825
>anyone who disagrees with me is a kid
top notch bait
>>
>>33357843
Calm down miyamoto
>>
In terms of Pokemon availability. Then again, XY shits on many other games in that department. XY would've had a better story had they done some exposition properly, shown more of the Big Bad and paced it better. Map-wise, I think XY wins as well. SM has better characters, though, with the only memorable ones from XY being Sina and Dexio. XY Legendaries were shafted hard, though. Verdict, though: Slightly. Both could be better.
>>
I think so too.

It's not even zelda cycle. I think x and y medicore but sun and moon are shit
>>
Yes, I'd edge XY over SM -- especially for the first gym or two. There was a lot of stuff going on between the gyms until after, what, the third one? After that it was just a rush to the end of the game. Had the pacing been better, XY would've won in a landslide. That's why I wish Kalos got a sequel or third version to improve its original shortcomings.

For me, Alola, while nice, lacked notable locations. There's only a small handful of cities which just felt off to me.
>>
>>33357820
Yeah. For many reasons.
>>
XY still kept some of the dungeon design, towns didn't have a bunch of pointless unenterable buildings, and the PSS was the best multiplayer feature ever in the entire franchise so yes it was better.

The only things in SM I liked more are some of the QoL changes, the totem fights, and the general level curve balance.
>>
In terms of new content, XY is one of the best for the first games of a gen. So many QoL changes made a huge impact on multiplayer replayability, and also helped expand on the community that was created in BW2. The shift to models might be a negative to some, but all gens except for II (Crystal specifically) and V either had static sprites or 2 frame sprites, and Gen V's animated sprites are tweened and streched body parts rather than actual animations.
Serena and Calem are also infinitely better custom characters than Selene and Elio.

Without a third version, though, XY has to be pitted against games that did get third versions. And in that regard, it's the worst in comparison.
>>
XY had lots of potential, and fucked it up.
>>
File: 1456577509024.png (74KB, 427x458px) Image search: [Google]
1456577509024.png
74KB, 427x458px
>>33357939
>>33357943
Both of these.
>>
>>33357909
Yeah, this. The most standout examples are Wela National Park and Blush Mountain. Wela teleports you to Kiawe instead of giving you a dungeon and Blush Mountain is just a strip of grass outside of a power plant. Really disappointing.
>>
People forget all of the wonderful things XY added. The problem doesn't lie with XY - it lies with SM for not building on the excellent foundation XY put down.

I think XY is better than RS, DP, BW and SM. A 'third' version would have really solidified it as awesome imo.

I don't expect many of you to agree with me, as one of the main reasons I enjoyed XY so much is because it had such a non-intrusive (and frankly, non-existent) story. Whereas lots of you fucks praise the vapid dialogue and pure trash storylines of BW & SM.
>>
>>33357820
i liked xy much better than sm
>played sm once
>played xy 3 times
>>
>>33357953
And what Zygarde got in SM was a gimmick. Sad!

USUM might change a few things, but probably nothing with Zygarde, though it would be nice to get Zygarde Complete with Aura Break and doing shit with that specific form in Refresh
>>
>>33357820
the friend safari alone makes XY better
>>
File: 1484413632208.jpg (9KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484413632208.jpg
9KB, 298x300px
>>33357909
this, if XY had maintained it's scenic pacing of gyms 1-3 throughout, it would have been GOAT. It felt like an enjoyable romp around the french countryside, then gyms 4 and 5 have maybe about five battles between them and their last one and the pacing has a stroke until it abruptly chokes on the team flare plot between the 7th and 8th gyms and the game grinds to a halt. It's a fucking shame the winter and autumn zones were so insane in their pacing, that shit could have been comfy as fuck.

Also had a lot of really shitty, unmemorable characters, and lackluster dungeons.

Sun and moon is all of these problems but somehow even worse by making it's slow ass pacing a construct of Hau and Lillie's ceaseless fucking prattle. I even like Lillie, but Jesus Christ, less is more.
>>
File: 1502410061640.png (58KB, 410x371px) Image search: [Google]
1502410061640.png
58KB, 410x371px
>>33357820
Just you
BW/2 >>>XY >>SM
>>
Nah, everything in xy is forgettable
>>
>>33357825
>Childhood is hating XY
How old were you when XY came out?
>>
>>33358995
I was 12 that time. Don't judge me u fag
>>
>>33359006
LMAO

I was 18 when X and Y came out. I liked the games, but Sun and Moon are just better. People just like to hate on the newest thing.
>>
>>33357820
nope
>>
>>33359006
MOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>33357820
I'm honestly undecided as to which is better
>>
>>33357820
both were bad, sm was just worse
>>
File: 1486748759139.gif (2MB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486748759139.gif
2MB, 295x270px
>>33357820
>>33359006
>>33359132
>there are actual underage newfags who think that XY is better than SM 4 years after their release
>when this entire board has been shitting on them for those entire 4 years
>when SM is vastly better in almost every department
>people say the Zelda cycle isn't real
Kek, no Reddit. Only good thing about XY was it's PSS, its comfy music, and the Pokemon designs. That's it. SM were fine fucking games and are no way under X and Y. Having too much cut scenes or hand holding in a fucking Pokemon video game aren't valid reasons to say XY > SM.
>>
>>33359192
environments were nice too, XY had better outfits
>>
File: 1501339733920.png (751KB, 1046x716px) Image search: [Google]
1501339733920.png
751KB, 1046x716px
@33359192
>Having too much cut scenes or hand holding in a fucking Pokemon video game aren't valid reasons to say XY > SM.
>>
I hate skates
Fuck skates
>>
>>33359037
>>
>>33357820
nope
/thread
>>
>>33360719
>/thread-ing your own post
>>
>>33357843
I ahree they fun and Shit nigga
>>
I thin x and y are infinitely better than sun and moon. They feeled unfinished but were at least very enjoyable for me as a whole. Sun and moon where the first new gen games where I honestly got bored during my first playthrough because the region is shit and nothing happens storywise until after trial 6. And even then the story is just plain bad...
>>
>>33357820
i like xy more than sm, bw1, and bw2

i actually had fun playing xy unlike the others
>>
>>33357820
No.
>>
i didnt hate x and y but nah
>>
>>33362036
I had a lot of fun with x and y too. They are even some of my more beloved pokemon games... Its just that their negatives are hard to ignore.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.