[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were some of your favorite parts of Sun & Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: 1498771237621.png (249KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
1498771237621.png
249KB, 640x366px
What were some of your favorite parts of Sun & Moon?
>>
>>33356259
running through Aether trying to rescue Lillie. Actually any time Lillie isn't in your face is fine
>>
The "Champion" not being obvious,
had me guessing who it was right until the last second when you realize your final obstacle has been guiding you the whole time, grooming you for the ultimate battle with him

And then the music plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMjGPXs-bA
>>
>>33356279
the champion music was shit
>>
>>33356259
If you kill Trumbeak against Lurantis Totem, the best battle in the game begins
>>
>>33356259
Encountering Red and Blue.
>>
>>33356259
When my Magneton finally evolved. That's all I wanted to do when I first set foot on Poni. Didn't give a shit about Lillie, Nebby, or anything else. I just wanted that fucker to finally evolve.
>>
>>33356279
This, definitely the Champion battle. Rivals Cynthia as one of the better ones.
>>
>>33356259
>>33356293
This so much. Lurantis is the hardest battle I've ever had in a Pokemon game.
>>
>>33356279
>>33356330
Also, the reveal that he was the one who had the starter that was strong against yours after a whole game of wondering where they were
>>
>>33356321
Same here. It was so worth it when I got to evolve my Magneton at Vast Poni Canyon. I had a lot of fun using Magnezone.
>>
>>33356259
Honestly, the new mons and forms are #1. There were a whopping three I didn't like for the whole gen (litten, lycanroc-midnight, Alolan golem). All the rest were decent at the very worst.
Po town and team skull in general were funny.
Lurantis fight was fun.
Fire trial surprised me by being genuinely funny.
Vast Poni canyon was good, with top tier music and going from jangmo-o to kommo-o in like two levels felt great. Totem kommo-o was even fun, since I din't have a fairy type.
I liked sneaking through the Aether base.
A lot of the characters were great, like Nanu and the professor.
Low point was Lillie, though. Hau started off bad, but he really picked up. Lillie was obnoxious the whole way through.
>>
Acerola's trial. The abandoned supermarket is the closest thing SM had to a proper dungeon.
>>
The Aether raid was delightful with Hau, Gladion, and expressionless MC playing off each other. I liked how the Akala Captains and Ilima had their own little sidequests, as short as they may have been. PC Judge. Z-Moves. I liked Lana and Nanu.

That's about all I can think of.
>>
>>33356361
Fuck, I always wondered why Hau was weak to you thought it was making it easy. Then the cuck showed up and proved me wrong
>>
File: tutorial_completed.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tutorial_completed.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: kukuiteam.png (977KB, 1280x557px) Image search: [Google]
kukuiteam.png
977KB, 1280x557px
>>33356279
this
gave me goosebumps
>>
Trumbeak evolving and wrecking shit
>>
>>33356279
SM's champion theme fucking sucked, and Kukui is the only challenger with more mons than the E4 or with higher level ones. Hell, EVERYTHING about Mount Lanakila is a joke.
>>
>>33356259
>Finding a shiny ribombee on the grass first try
First wild shiny ever and a total sis, quiver danced the shit out of the league
>Alolan muk
This guy single-handedly carried the team for most of the game
>Totem Lurantis
Fuck that castform
>Totem Wishiwashi
Fuck that alomomola
>Hau's interactions with Gladion
>Hau's interactions with Faba
>Kiawe's wela volcano trial, and by extension hider david
>Nobody but Molayne knowing the masked royale's true identity, and the bit at the end with burnet being like "wait a second....NAH"
>"Get out."
>Acerola's interactions with Nanu
>Acerola's trial
>Acerola in general
>Nanu in general, SPECIALLY his bit on the post-credits celebration party
>Hapu in general
I love the "kid acts like an old wise lady" trope
>Lusamine's collection of frozen pokemon, that was clean for a main villain
>"Y'all stupid."
>Mina's "trial". I normally hate gf's laziness but that one instance was hilarious to me for some reason
>Kukui being the champion, and the champion battle itself
>The quest for the extreme evoboost crystal
>All skull grunt scenes, but specially the one with Illima not giving a shit about them in the harbor, and the rap at the Po pokecenter, and having to pay to heal your team, and the fem grunts arguing about what's the point on writing their names on stuff if they're all called the same, shit was unusual but fun
>Po Town
This last one is by far the part of the game I enjoyed the most. Po town is probably my favorite part of SM and I can't wait to see it in USUM. I went in expecting a wrecked shitty-looking place with a remix of the skull theme playing everywhere, not very enthusiastic about it. But holy shit did the music surprise me once I was inside the walls. It was a nice place that went to shit, not a shithole from the start like I thought, and the music was depressing. It felt like "holy shit these people are broken and lost in life and hang in here to forget they're broken and lost in life" all the way through.
>>
>>33356775
(cont. because I forgot these but I think they deserve a mention)
>The postgame looker quest
Nanu's tragic backstory was cool to me
>Smelling beds as a feature
Not because I like smelling beds but because it is just so random and bizarre of a feature that I can't help but to laugh when thinking about it
>End credit pictures
>>
>>33356735
If they wanted to give the feeling that the Elite Four and Champion were rushed as fuck, then they succeeded I guess. I thought that after XY there wouldn't be a more underwhelming Elite Four, but SM exceeded my low expectations. Impressive in a way.
>>
good thread OP. bump
>>
>>33356259
Battling Lusamine for the first time. I was down to my Mimikyu and she was down to her Bewear. I didn't have any moves to hit it with so I PP stalled it by throwing pokeballs at it. Greatest achievement of my life.
>>
>>33356803
I wish I didn't lose my screencap of Hala's initial E4 team. Were the Kalos E4's movepools anywhere near that bad?
>>
Everything after the first few hours until the Battle Tree was golden. I loved meeting all the new Pokémon and I liked almost all of the humans. I was having enough fun with the main game that I didn't really notice how shit the region and Festival Plaza were.
If Sun and Moon took place in Hoenn and kept all the good Gen 6 features they would be better
>>
>>33356803
I feel that Black and white did it well, in that the elite four were characters that you didnt already know, but unlike X and Y where their whole characterization was one or two fucking lines of dialogue, they had interesting custom arenas around them. This allowed you to gather 2 things instantly: 1, the type of pokemon you were going to fight, and 2, A visual representation of that character's personality. Shauntal's room wasnt just haunted, it was a haunted library. Grimsley had a luxurious but dimly-lit lounge room, Marshall had a fighting ring, but with big bombastic lights and spectacle, and Caitlyn's arena was ethereal as fuck. Fuck now I want to replay BW
>>
>>33357009
Oh, and they had legitimately good teams with good coverage. Marshall's sawk has an answer to psychic and flying types, pissed me off when i sent in sigilyph
>>
>>33356999
Ok nevermind, the Kalos teams were NOWHERE near that bad. A couple of useless abilities here and there, but complete and high-coverage movepools all around. In fact, the Alola teams' rematch levels are lower than the unchanging Kalos E4's signature mons and equal to the rest of their teams'.

Holy god this game has grinding issues. Now I really wish the Kalos E4's league teams got a postgame update, they would have been awesome.
>>
>>33356259
In no particular order:
-The Aether foundation was, in my opinion, the best "evil team" base in the series. Music, aesthetics, pokemon used by the grunts, how it progressively gets more and more disturbing as you go on.
-Lurantis totem battle. By far the hardest battle I've faced in-game. I actually lost the first time I tried it.
-I know many don't like it, but I found something about Lillie and Hau comfy.
>>
>>33356803
>The only Elite 4 that aren't a bunch of nobodies you literally meet right before the final boss
>Rushed

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33357100
Who they are aside, have you seen their movepools? Hala and Olivia's teams are filled with mons with incomplete movepools.
>>
>>33357100
>every trainer you meet MUST end up on the Elite Four
But that's retarded anon. Doing that makes the world seem a lot smaller. It's like if you played basketball with a couple of friends during childhood, and then all of them ended up playing on the NBA. See how retarded that sounds?
>>
>>33357486
You know. Those people are "Kahunas" not some random friends from basketball games. They have the positions, becuase they were already strong trainers.

What's suprising that strongest trainers can also be E4?
>>
>>33357741
The problem is that you beat them during the playthrough. When you face them again at the Elite Four they seem like pushovers since you already beat them before.
The Elite Four being easy as shit doesn't help their case at all either.
>>
Salazzle totem
>>
>>33357830
Same, great blend of humour and a decently challenging battle. I also really liked the buildup to the Wishiwashi trial and I imagine the Lurantis one would have been really good had Castform actually appeared on mine.
>>
File: honey.png (217KB, 822x584px) Image search: [Google]
honey.png
217KB, 822x584px
Using best bug
>>
Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but it blew my mind when I had to say "no" to pass that skull grunt password thing. I talked to the grunt who told me how team skull loves to say no, but I totally forgot and stumbled on the correct answer on accident
>>
>>33356259
Sun and Moon is honestly a great Pokémon game.
It does lack replayability, mostly due to Tutorial Island and the boring Pokédex, but the first play through was one of the best for me. I felt like I could take my time and enjoy each step, and I believe this is owed to a few things:

>Exp yield means you can't be as overlevelled as gen 6, but Exp Share allows you to quickly use a mon you just caught. I'm so glad they made it the same as Gen 5. I never felt bored when going into important battles.

>Totem battles are 2v1, and they actually gave a few teams some thought, particularly Castform with Lurantis, and Alomamola with Wishiwashi. The SOS partners actually acted as an aid. It became a challenge, rather than an annoyance. It's a shame the partners weren't as well thought out later on. Kommo-o for example seemed to be the easiest one. They also made the effort to give them stat boosts. These were more challenging than any Gen 6 gym.

>Pretty solid selection of new Pokémon. They seemed to add less 3-stage mons this time to increase the amount of lines in Gen 7, which I appreciate. They were slow, yes, but this added to the challenge for me. I've never been one to care about stats though, I just felt the designs were cool yet fun at the same time. (Disappointed with the starters though I must say).

>PokéRide was way overdue.
>>
File: hikerdave.png (433KB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
hikerdave.png
433KB, 680x384px
>>33358491
this guy was legitimately the best moment in the game hand-down, laughed my fucking ass off
>>
File: _20170822_031029.jpg (63KB, 393x453px) Image search: [Google]
_20170822_031029.jpg
63KB, 393x453px
Boat travel
>>
>>33356259
The new Pokemon. Super solid dex, and between the main dex and the Alola forms I can really only think of maybe three lines I dislike.

So many interesting new mons
>>
>>33356694
>that filename
>>
>>33356259
The part where I quit before the first island was even done. These games are unplayable trash. Fuck the entire 3DS pokemon series. They ruined this franchiss.
>>
I really liked Po Town, it was so bleak compared to the rest of the game and was pulled off really well. The whole sequence from Aether to the first few areas of Poni Island with the fucking amazing Poni Wilds music was also great. Most of the totems were pretty fun too, Lurantis is always a wild ride.

I found the boss battles more challenging than anything else on the 3DS games, they clearly have decent to good IVs and EV trained mons.
>>
>>33358925
>muh gen 5
>hurrdurr is a good design just play the games reeeeeee
>>
Everything with team skull they made me smile
>>
>>33356259
The ending subtitles.
>>
When it was over
>>
File: Untitled.png (657KB, 738x463px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
657KB, 738x463px
>>33356259
>>
>>33356259
Aether island was actually pretty good compared to how mediocre the rest of this game was
>>
Who was harder?

Lurantis or whitney

And don't respond if you play battles with cheap strategies found on the internet.
>>
How can anyone hate Sun and Moon? I just started and Im at the marina and man is it fun. Like really fun. The team skull grunts have a cool hip theme and my rival is much better than serena. I just beat pokemon X and boy was I disappointed. Terrible postgame and pacing. But SM on the other hand just feels so relaxing. I mean sure it's not better than emerald or HG/SS or BW2. But I'd say that it would give DP a run for its money. But then again I'm still at the beginning so who knows maybe it will all go to shit. Or maybe vp just likes to complain about everything
>>
Where would you guys rate SM? And try to be gentle. For me I'd say

Emerald=SS/HG>BW2>Platinum>BW>SM>DP>RS>Leafgreen/Firered>>dog poo>XY=RBY

Haven't played omega or alpha yet
>>
>>33356803
The problem with people like you is because how you play the game. You need to play the game like an actual youth in order to appreciate it. Not some manchild sperging about stats and movepools
>>
>>33356259
None of it, it's shit, easy mode for 3 year olds.
>>
Me and my sis are in an argument. She says that the minish cap was a cooler partner than rotom whereas I'm saying they're both good but rotom is just the cooler dude. Who is right?
>>
>>33360653
post sis
>>
>>33356259
My favourite part was that it wasnt ORAS
>>
File: 6246.jpg (522KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
6246.jpg
522KB, 1152x2048px
>>33360657
5/10 in my opinion since she's 5'1
>>
File: 59372161_p0.png (678KB, 1192x1524px) Image search: [Google]
59372161_p0.png
678KB, 1192x1524px
>>33360605
Only above gen 1 for me, i'm not a fan of SM. That isn't to say i can't mention the positives, like most of the designs.
>>
>>33360742
>rating your own sister
Dude...
Also, Ezlo was at least useful.
>>
>>33360209
>that emotionless retarded smile
You think they'll fix this shit for USM? My guess is no, because Gamefreak has been on a retarded streak lately.
>>
>>33360742
5/10???? Are you fucking high? That chick is hot.
>>
>>33356264
The second Aether Foundation visit was one of the best moments in the series for me. Made me feel like I was playing Colosseum or Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>33356292
Die its literally the 2nd best theme in the framchise behind Colress battle
>>
>>33360939
She's 5'1 dude. I'm 5'9. Womanlets and manlets disgust me so much I want to vomit
>>
>>33356264
Why do people hate lillie? I'm genuinely curious. Like I thought it was cute and made me feel like a girl actually liked me.
>>
>>33360954
I feel like lusamines battle them was a mix of the cipher team in Coloseum
>>
>>33360975
3rd behind Colress theme and Giratina theme.
>>
Taking nebby from Lillie
>>
>>33361049
Complete story focus on her rather than the protagonist. I like her, and she's cute, but there are legitimate criticisms with how her role is executed in the story though. The game shouldn't have put so much emphasis on her over the player's adventure, which is ultimately at the core of Pokemon.

She's not a Mary Sue though, despite what /vp/ would tell you.
>>
File: 1486733383123.png (2MB, 2234x1257px) Image search: [Google]
1486733383123.png
2MB, 2234x1257px
>>33361049
She appears constantly, has almost nothing to add whenever she does appear usually, can't do anything on her own, refuses to battle so you're constantly forced to be her bodyguard and do what she wants you to do, and the only reason she's in the story at all is because she's related to two more proactive characters, Lusamine and Gladion. She hogs the spotlight and pretty much usurps the player character entirely in the "main role" spotlight. I felt like I wasn't accomplishing a single thing in-game playing SM, only doing things because Lillie wanted me to do them, and the final battle is framed more around "Lusamine v. Lillie" instead of you actually having a drive to stop Lusamine.
All in all she's pretty much nothing but waifu-bait.
>it made me feel like a girl actually liked me
And apparently that bait worked on you. The character was created from the ground up to appeal to NEETs who can't get a girl and she was given all the appropriate character traits to try and maximize that. She was created for the purposes of manipulation, and it worked on a lot of people which is why they can forgive how she completely destroys flow and structure of the game just for being cute.
>>
>>33358535
Why would you like something that enabled them to make less dungeons to travel through? That would be like saying "I'm glad you have to take a bus to get to the top of Mount Hokulani and don't get to see most of the mountain!"
>>
>>33361036
>>33360742

post yourself now
>>
>>33361049
I don't like her because the story revolves around her, a character that doesn't do anything but cart Cosmog around
>>
>>33356279
I wasn't surprised it was Kukui, but man that theme got me hype as shit though. I actually wanted to give him a real battle and not just a sweep cause that theme was too on point to just rush through.
>>
The whole game was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. Honestly one of the most fun experiences of the series. The Pokémon, the region, the story, it was all combined into this colorful adventure. Sure, there's a lot of room for improvement, but there's also a lot that's good, especially for the first games of the generation.

Most of the trials were consistently entertaining, even the ones that weren't as challenging. My personal favorites were Lana's, Kiawe's and Acerola's. I even loved the Poni trials despite the fact that there wasn't much to them; the Dragon trial being unmanned made it feel very ancient, for lack of a better word, fitting for the final trial of the game (and right before the big climax, too).

Everything involving Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, especially scenes with Guzma and Lusamine. The characterization for both was really good, and it made sense for them to team up.

I just liked the vibe in general, honestly. You could tell that they put effort into the story, and the dramatic moments for the most part didn't fail to deliver, but there were also moments where the game didn't take itself too seriously, and it was better for it.

>>33356775
>Mina's "trial"
This. I would have loved a proper Fairy-type trial, but it was just so funny how unbothered she was. She's just there to paint.

>>33356706
That picture is exactly how the battle felt. That whole sequence cemented Kukui as my favorite professor. It was so obvious in hindsight, but at the same time, it was brilliant.
>>
Toucannon using Supersonic Skystrike.
>>
>"no Trainer Battles allowed"
>cops that is standing next to the sign spots you and starts a Trainer Battle with you
>>
>>33357813
I think you are just bad at arguing.
>It's not radom that we meet them later.
>Muh, but we already beat them before.
You know they also had weaker Pokemons.
>>
>>33360742
I want to fug her so bad. She's a 7'5-8/10 at least dude.
>>
>>33356259
The setting. The beginning was so calm and relaxing. I really enjoyed being there. Then the developers sort of forgot about the setting and it became a generic pokemon game that could be any region.

The beginning of the game was certainly the best. Team Skull was downright hilarious, the totems were uniquely refreshing, and I enjoy most of the story.

I really liked SM but there are a few things I hope get fixed in USM, mainly the small pokedex.
>>
>>33361441
>The whole game was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.
Now this is bait.
>>
>>33360563
>I just started
>>
>>33356259
The music, team skull, the champion. Red and Blue. Golisopod.

>>33356292
>>33356735
You guys are huge faggots, it's one of the best themes in the entire franchise.
>>
>>33364587
>I have ADHD and autism

>>33364466
He's right though, try pulling the cock out of your ass. Kept me engrossed for 60 hours straight.
>>
>>33364466
>someone isn't a cynical faggot and actually likes something
>DAE BAITING???
Sure is Reddit in this thread
>>
>>33358497
That entire part was easily my favourite, too.
>>
File: Capture4.png (374KB, 583x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
374KB, 583x349px
My favorite part was when you clean Pokemon shit.

It really sums up the game for me, I cleaned my shelves of Pokemon after playing this cesspool.
>>
>>33361139
>Complete story focus on her rather than the protagonist

>>33361293
>I don't like her because the story revolves around her

>waaaah waaaah everything isn't about me me me
>>
>>33366161
But she doesn't do a thing at all, aside from follow you around Alola waiting for you to solve her problems. Am i supposed to like her because she accomplished the monumental task of "crossing a bridge" in the final hour or two of the story?
>>
>>33356259
None really. S&M is the worst mainline Pokemon game so far. I'm sure the next gen will top it though as gamefreak runs out of ideas and realizes aloha forms were a mistake to add.
>>
>>33356259
The Eevee Z quest. Holy shit.
>>
Skull hideout and the aether infiltration. Lurantis and castform totem battle was nice too. Literally the only worthwhile stuff the game had to offer for me story wise.
>>
>>33366045
that sidequest was about cum anon
>>
>>33368261
That was really depressing, but I did like that GF put some effort into evoking an emotional response.
>>33368263
I thought it was hilarious that the Skull grunts in the Pokemon Center had to charge you money to heal your 'mons so they could pay the power bill.
>>
>>33368261
What was up with that anyways? Never did it because i just couldn't take any more of the game.
>>
>>33369171
You battle an older guy with an Eevee and he sends you out to fight his childhood rivals, who are all old and just want to relax and enjoy their retirement.
>>
File: 1458708512131.png (36KB, 124x123px) Image search: [Google]
1458708512131.png
36KB, 124x123px
>>33368613
>They had an entire rap dedicated to getting you to heal
>>
I liked that some of the trainers were ev trained with good ivs. It made the battles feel a lot more prominent when even Ilima's yungoose felt tankier than normal.
>>
>>33356803
>f they wanted to give the feeling that the Elite Four and Champion were rushed as fuck, then they succeeded I guess.

This is quite Literally the point of it. Kukui just started this shit up. You're the first ever league champion of Alola.
>>
>>33366035
>someone isn't a cynical faggot and actually likes something
>you mean GF shills?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.