[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which pokemon games are the most comfy, relaxing, and pleasant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: t2qomddetlojheevwijk.jpg (114KB, 695x365px) Image search: [Google]
t2qomddetlojheevwijk.jpg
114KB, 695x365px
Which pokemon games are the most comfy, relaxing, and pleasant to play?

Pic related imho
>>
>>33355671
GSC
>>
File: 1479141613304.png (58KB, 550x454px) Image search: [Google]
1479141613304.png
58KB, 550x454px
B2W2, XY or HGSS.
>>
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I find GSC incredibly boring and not at all comfy. They were my first games too.

I would say either RB or DPPL
>>
>>33355694
You anon are smart
>>
Winter BW/BW2
>>
File: 1484595287860.jpg (21KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
1484595287860.jpg
21KB, 300x245px
>>33355686
This. I've also been playing Gen 1 recently on a Game Boy Color for the first time since I was a kid and it's been pretty comfy so far.

Pokemon TCG also deserves a shoutout
>>
For some reason i have very comfy memories of BW even though gen5 was my least favorite generation (until 6 and 7 came).

That bridge with the singer was maximum comfy
>>
>>33355671
Relaxing? Well obviously sun and moon because I can just relax while my dippy bird presses A for a few hours to page through all the cutscenes.
>>
>>33355671
I used to find gen 4 comfy back when I first played them but now I can't stand them at all. I always end up dropping them a quarter of the way into the game unless I force myself to play through them. It sucks because I loved (and still do love) GSC. Maybe I've just developed ADHD or something. Nowadays all I find comfy are the first three generations and XYORAS if I want a simple playthrough.
>>
>>33355691
it's hard to argue with this
>>
>>33355691
Blue is comfy for just playin casually
>>
ORAS.
>tfw just hanging out at the battle resort after checking for new mirage spots
>hatching eggs with ease, put out a "hatching eggs desu" message to get lots of "Nice!"s and hatching powers as well
>friend gets online, we trade then battle right where I am, no need to navigate any menus
>see that my mon on GTS got traded, go and get the new one
>take a break from hatching eggs to go to my secret base to set up some of that new furniture I got
>I pick the berries I planted right outside, getting a few dozen at a time
>go around rematching trainers on my way to my other berry crops, casually switching between bikes as needed
>>
Platinum is way too comfy. The gorgeous piano centric soundtrack, the mountainous and colder region, the way the music changes between day and night, the good pace of the story which gives you enough breathing room to explore, and the overall mood it gives for me.
>>
>>33355671
DPP, 100%
>>
B2W2,BW,ORAS
>>
I'm going to throw some props towards the Sevii Islands in FRLG. The remixed gen 2 music is gorgeous and the area layouts are topnotch.
>>
>>33356353
tfw finally get surf and can take a break from the story to go explore optional water areas
>>
>>33356450
>when you get to the pal park but it won't trigger the fly location until you get the national dex
>>
>>33355671
Agreed.

I've played every game since Red/Blue, and Gen 4 is by far the most comfy.
>>
>>33355671

B/W, especially in some of the later towns.
>>
>>33355686
This
>>
>>33355718
>i posted the cutscene complaint again!
>>
>>33355671
My nuzlocke of Platinum hasn't been an experience I would readily describe as "relaxing". But it's still one of my favorite games along with HgSs.
>>
>>33355671
XY, unironically. Kalos is an incredibly comfy region
>>
>>33355671
Omg, deffo these.
>>
I recently complete my collection of Gen III games, the Emerald post game is comfy af, and I'm enjoying playing through my second leaf green version
>>
>>33355671
B2W2 for me. The bridges and the surroundings look beautiful and the seasons mechanic gives you an incentive to travel around more. Also like
>>33355716 said, Village Bridge is truly an experience.
>>
This thread is comfy
The least negative thread I've seen in a long time
>>
Mm. Probably Platinum. And it's crazy, because I'm not that fond of the Sinnoh dex, but the region itself is both comfy and exciting. However, I've got to hand it to Kalos. Those later cities and routes were pretty good. Couriway Town, Anistar City and the route between them are both really comfy.
>>
Can't decide most comfy, but I like gen 2, all of gen 4, Alola, and MAYBE 5th gen.

Also RSE could be pretty comfy at times.
>>
Gen 4 and 5, especially with the latter's season's making the world feel more alive
>>
I have a ton of comfy memories of playing emerald on long car rides and during winter storms, especially route 113 and fallarbor town. That music is the epitome of comfy for me.
>>
>>33356340
All of this.
>>
>>33358208
Yes. I remember plugging headphones into my micro and listening to the theme during the three hour ride to a ski resort
>>
File: tumblr_nohvhuHTw91tqjlnao1_500.jpg (51KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nohvhuHTw91tqjlnao1_500.jpg
51KB, 500x581px
Obviously B2W2
>4 Seasons, esp. Autumn and Winter
>Accumola Town + OST
>Anville Town
>Icirrus
>Lacunosa Town OST
>Dreamyard OST
>Village Bridge and Village Bridge OST
>>
>>33355671

B2W2, comfy because it's not too challenging but it's also not way too easy like gen 6 and 7
>>
if we're not doing just the main series games, the pokemon tcg video games are really nice.

they're from before the tcg had way too much shit going on (gx, ex, splitting trainer cards into a bunch of diff types) so the rules are simple enough to just jump into and have fun making decks with gen 1 pokemon and cards you had as a kid.

it's definitely nostalgia, but i've had a lot of fun with them and there's an english translation of the second game that you can find online if u look. worth a shot.
>>
>>33355671
In order to be "comfy, relaxing, and pleasant to play" the game has to be at least decent in the first place so I don't know what DPPt are doing in your pic
>>
For me its oras. Made already awesome and comfy games even better. Great region, nice pool of pokemon to choose from and the whole games have a strong holiday feeling. And the new exp share made grinding a non issue.
>>
>>33360715
Agreed.

Also, seeing wild Pokemon fly around you, or move around the tall grass, is wonderful. Also in caves, water and underwater.

ORAS is trully underrated.
>>
>>33360897
Yes it is underrated, because of the missing battle frontier people tend to ignore its positives which is a shame. But of course I to would have been really happy about a remade battle frontier.

And for me the "to much water" complaint is actually a VERY positive aspect of the hoenn-games. I love water in general and the ocean is my favourite body of water and really well designed in these games. And things like diving spots with underwater trainers or the new designed meteor falls are pure epicness. And of course dexnav... Awesome if rare things like skitty just jump at you without the need for ours of search....
>>
>>33359099
I love BW2, but challenge has nothing to do with how comfy thks or that game is.
>>
>>33355671
None of them.
>>
>>33361166
>Yes it is underrated, because of the missing battle frontier
>missing

I agree with your hole post, and I would have loved if the Battle Frontier was included in ORAS, but it definitely wasn't excluded or missing.

It just so happens that HF tend to use the Battle facility from the current gen, in their remakes. So naturally they used the Battle Maison in ORAS.
>>
>>33361221
Thats an interesting argument. I never thought about it that way... But since the only remakes that actually had a battle facility to use from their current gen were HGSS that pattern is hard to see... But I think its actually non-existent and they only chose to reuse the platinum frontier in hgss because gold and silver themselves didnt have such a thing and crystal had the tower, which is already included in platinums frontier. Hard to say for sure... And fire red and leaf green didnt have the battle tower from ruby and sapphire if i recall... They had thad completely new trainer tower.
>>
>>33361285
FRLG had a completely different facility (Trainer
Tower). However, it is a completely different facility that doesn't work with random NPCs with random teams, but has the exact same teams every time you face it. So I don't think it even counts as a classic Battle Facility.

And well, Gen IV remakes will make or break this argument, of mine if they have the Gen IV Frontier, Gen IV Tower only, or the facility of the current Generation.

For now, I keep thinking Battle Facilities are not a cannon part of the games, so they will just used whatever facility they made for the current gen.
>>
>>33361374
Okay, I see what you mean here... That trainer tower has set trainers that dont change is something I actually only realised a very short time ago. But the opponents do seem to have ev-trained pokemon at least. So its arguable what trainer tower truly is... I guess it was designed as a pseudo-competitive place where you can actually use ubers and mythicals since they are banned everywhere else...
>>
This thread motivated me to find my Platinum cart. It only has 74 hours played, I barely played the Battle Frontier, I barely played wi-fi, and all of my mons were transferred outside box trash.
This makes me sad. Those times were the golden age of Pokemon and I barely scratched the surface of it, and I did so alone, no one I knew played Pokemon. I played a bit more of HGSS which is my favorite game, but again, mostly alone.

I just reset the cart and started a new playthrough, and holy fucking shit this isn't just nostalgia, I'm genuinely falling in love with this game. It's not just comfy, it also has a bunch of features that were somehow more advanced than what GF ever did since. What happened to that group record/TV feature? That was good. And what about the Poketch? Best use of the bottom screen to this day was on the very first two screen game they ever did, what the actual fuck, now we get a badly cropped mini-map and an annoying quipping Rotom (which was already one of my least favorite Pokemon ever).
The pace of the game is also great, with lots of optional little areas and blockades that allow you to explore and get a feel for the region as a real place that you adventure in, not a linear single line that you get guided by endless cutscenes of handholding NPCs through. I explored a bunch of areas blocked by rock smash rocks, then I got the rock smash HM/badge and I went "aha, I can explore those places now", what happened to region design like this?

I could rant all fucking day, but I'm just glad I'm giving Platinum another chance and liking it so much, even though I basically missed it at its peak.
Thanks /vp/, I'll be playing a bunch of this game, I'm nearing maximum comfy right now.
>>
>>33362042
>tfw the flip happened to me
>>
>>33357066
This.

XY are not the best games but God are they comfy.
>>
>>33362173
>>33362042
I agree. It was so peaceful
>>
>>33355694
Replace RB with RB DX and I'll suck your dick
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.