[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Disappointing captures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Milotic.png (64KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Milotic.png
64KB, 250x250px
I'll start with Feebas/Miltoic

>Spent God knows how long as a kid trying to catch a Feebas in RSE as a kid due to its rarity, with no luck
>Never have one of this line since then
>Randomly catch a Feebas in Sun as my first catch with the Fishing Rod by pure chance, didn't even know it was in the Alola Dex
>Look up Milotic's movepool
>Generic Bulky Water Type.png

Decided to go with Gyarados as my water type instead.
>>
>>33355242
Milotic was disappointing for me as a kid too I guess. I caught a Feebas, but I guess I fed it too many pokeblocks (I assumed ones that raised 2 different stats were ok) and I ended up capping its contest level without maximized beauty.

So I bred it and added the baby Feebas to my team and did it over again, evolving it this time.
>>
File: 1482271713057.png (142KB, 307x220px) Image search: [Google]
1482271713057.png
142KB, 307x220px
>>33355242
>Not running a competitive set and take advantage of the ridiculous amount of lower stating attacks NPCs use
Milotic is not the problem here anon...
>>
>>33355293
I did the same thing, anon - twice, although I'd made sure to save while Pokeblocking for the second one. But I fucking loved my Milotic & got its portrait in the art gallery for the beauty master-rank (assuming that's something a lot of people did)

Was also That Guy who sat fishing in pretty much the same spot for the thing for like three days straight
>>
>>33355242
>thinking Milotic is not a superb Pokémon, on top of majestic
Bye
>>
File: 1501733093196.jpg (84KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
1501733093196.jpg
84KB, 600x922px
>>33355242
What did you expected? Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse and Meteor, Judgement, Water Spout, Inferno, Moonblast, Spacial Rend and Roar of Time?
>>
I heavily dislike that they made Feebas extremely easy to catch in ORAS.
>>
>>33355381

No, just more moves than Aqua Ring and Water Pulse given its rarity
>>
I have a few.
1. Gumshoos. I caught a shiny Yungoos in Sun, so I decided to try it out. Was the first ever shiny i caught in the story that I boxed later on. It ha dstakeout, which is borderline useless ingame. Was stuck with Tackle for stab until 31, and it was slow and frail. I had better luck using Furret in playthroughs.

2.Abomasnow in Y. I wanted to use Mega Abomasnow but it was tough, especially since I was also doing a no grind/no exp share playthrough. You start to fall behind heavily after the 4th gym so with it's huge amount of weaknesses it was lagginb behind everyone else, who was already lagginb beingd in the first place. I had to box it because it just kept dying without doing anything.

3. Escavalier in BW2. I went through all the effort of raising one, training one, and farming red shards, just to realize it didn't learn Drill Run until Gen 6. I was very sad.
>>
>>33355466
>Escavalier
I was disappointed about Drill Run too, but Iron Head + Swords Dance + X-Scissor have made it the MVP of every run I've used it in. Never went through the hassle of farming shards though so maybe that helped me appreciate the bossman
>>
>>33355466
>>33355517
>Not doing your research about the Pokémon that you're going to use before you even reach the route where it's available.

It's your own fault, but I feel your pain because I've made the same mistake before with other Pokémon.
>>
>>33355538
First time I used one was in a Drayano hack (Volt White I think) & it learnt the move in that, so I just assumed it would have it in vanilla White 2. It ended up getting Aerial Ace in both anyway, it's just for the thematic element that I wanted it (same reason that I hate its main move being a fucking headbutt - especially after Swords Dancing - but now I'm just revealing my autism)
>>
>>33355356
>he needs stat boosts for NPC trainers
anon...
>>
>>33355242
Are you serious? I loved Milotic because I spent a good four hours fishing up that river for it. Grabbed like 20, and one ended up evolving into a Battle Frontier winner. I've used it in doubles in gen 6 too and it was still awesome.
>>
>>33355356
>feeling like genius outsmarting npcs
>>
File: shinymilotichappy.gif (1MB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
shinymilotichappy.gif
1MB, 320x239px
>>33355242
I caught a quick shiny Feebas via chain fishing in AS and used it as my main water mon. It was shit in battle but it's one of my favorites anyway, despite how common and easy to get shiny feebas are.
>>
File: 1501790186256.png (189KB, 600x319px) Image search: [Google]
1501790186256.png
189KB, 600x319px
>>33355380
This, Milotic is one of the few truly perfect pokemon. Design is great, good stats, and neither under or overpowered balance-wise.
>>
>>33355242
>want to complete the Alola Pokédex
>go to Lush Jungle to catch a Oranguru
>Oranguru has a 5% of appearing
>spent 30 minutes trying to find an Oranguru until it finally appears one
>see on Bulbapedia that fucking Oranguru and Passimian are the only Pokémon that doesn't call another member of the same species for SOS
>reduce its HP to 1
>accidentally use an Adrenaline Orb
>spent another 30 minutes defeating all the Trumbeak that single Oranguru calls for help until it stay alone
>after 1 hour finally caught that Oranguru
>IVs are decent with highest being 29 in Defense
>found out that Oranguru's only niche is Signature Move in Double Battles, when I only play Singles
>>
>>33356616
I want to hug a happy Milotic
>>
Do in game trades count?

>trade bellsprout for onix in Silver
>it's fucking garbage and can't even put a dent into Falkner's pokemon
>hits with the force of a 5 year old with broken arms
>no rock moves at this point
>even though i dont have a full team i box it

My first experience with a truly terrible pokemon
>>
I never knew milotic was rare when i first played ruby. I must have stumbled into feebas. At least i used it and it was never underappreciated. Now if only i can have the same luck with shinies.
>>
>>33358459
Why not combine the two and chain fish one in ORAS? It's literally the easiest shiny in the game to get, at a 100% rate under the bridge
>>
>>33356616
Really? I used one in AS too and it was easily one of my MVPs from that run. Though I faintly remember I managed to grab some cool egg move for it via DexNav. Damn I miss DexNav.
>>
File: tumblr_odtk2gT2Ma1u2vo2go7_400.gif (819KB, 268x186px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odtk2gT2Ma1u2vo2go7_400.gif
819KB, 268x186px
>>33357786
I feel your pain, anon. The fact that we finally get a well designed ape-mon, with a decent typing, and then they decide to fuck it up with that terrible ability. And the HA is even worse.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.