[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Crystal hack that starts you off in Kanto and then lets you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: starters.png (193KB, 449x361px) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
193KB, 449x361px
>Crystal hack that starts you off in Kanto and then lets you go to Orange Islands followed by Johto as post-game
Why doesn't it exist yet?
>>
>>33354965
>gen 2 Kanto remake
I was thinking about the same thing yesterday but the idea sounded so obvious I am pretty sure it has been done
>>
Because the Crystal engine is shit so no one is going make a new hack of it
>>
>>33354997
>Crystal engine is shit
>pokecrystal
??
>>
>>33354965
Because Johto is boring and none of the gym leaders would be fun to battle as post-game. Seriously, think about it, what is gen 2 remembered for, the main Johto game or Kanto in the post-game.
>>
>>33354997
adam released multiple gen II hacking tools when he developed Prism and he really showed what can be done with its engine.
>>
>>33355102
I remember it mostly for Johto buddy
>>33354997
Could use HGSS
>>
>>33355102
The Kanto post-game in Gen 2 is a barren wasteland that only nostalgic genwunners remember fondly. Johto has some of the best cities and soundtracks and a way stronger atmosphere than Kanto.
>>
>>33355102
Johto.
Gen II Kanto was complete ass and Johto has one of the best atmospheres of any region.
>>
File: mahoganygym.webm (398KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
mahoganygym.webm
398KB, 160x144px
>>33354965
No Orange Islands, but I once made a Gold hack that let you start off in Kanto and make your way through the gyms until you reached Johto. It was pretty full of odd issues like needing to warp to New Bark Town to get a starter and then back to Pallet, the amount of Pokemon trainers have being unchangeable leading to odd issues like Brock having a larger team than most leaders, and no actual new event data other than changed dialogue and maps, but I could upload it as a proof of concept.
>>
I need this.
>>
File: Pokemon Orange maps.png (5KB, 160x288px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Orange maps.png
5KB, 160x288px
>>33354965
Hacker Pia Carrot is making an Orange game with pokecrystal. Part of Kanto is going to be included in the "second region" map.

See pic related.
>>
>>33355262
Not OP, but link to hack, pls.
>>
>>33354965
I said this to a friend the other day,
I expect the Switch game to be a Kanto remake where the 2nd half is Johto. Fewer Kanto mons in Johto, and some other gen mons sprinkled throughout though more in Johto.
>>
>>33355103
what tools? Or do you have any advice on how to search for them or for some alive thread with him posting the tools or their names?
>>
>>33355944
Too bad it will take 5+ years only to never be finished.
>>
>>33356584
At least there's a playable beta.
>>
>>33355262
What hack is that .webm?
>>
The progression flags in the Johto games are a bitch to edit so people making Kanto and Johto games that start in Kanto keep giving up.
>>
fart xd
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.