[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal opinions on the series' direction.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

DISCLAIMER: this is no rant nor bait. I'm simply expressing an opinion.
I'm starting to not like the series' new direction nowadays, for 3 reasons:

> News and updates that spoil the game and remove the surprise effect: SM spoiled Battle Tree and most of the Dex. ORAS spoiled Delta Episode and all Mega Evos. GF and TPCi need to moderate themselves on those updates or find some new way to give fans news withouth spoiling game content.

> Mechanics, innovations and content from previous games worsened, put in the background or removed.
Remember Super Training? PSS? Walking Pokèmon? Difficulty selection? Yeah, all of them removed. PSS was replaced with the clunky and boring Festival Plaza, and Mega Evolution got the middle finger this gen (not available before postgame, no new Megas and not all Mega Stones are avaiable without using serial codes). Also, I didn't liked they enhanced Battle Tree and Battle Royale's difficulty by putting Fully Evolved Pokèmon since the first battle on Normal.

> Games are rushed during development and are incomplete and lacking in content. XY's postgame was horrible, story and characters were incomplete (plotholes, cliffhanger, mysteries like Lumiose City's Ghost Girl), but most importantly Zygarde, who was relegated to a sidequest in SM. There was definitivley room for improvement and fixes with a possible Z/X2Y2, instead GF skipped those and jumped straight to Gen 7. SM felt IMHO incomplete, "smaller" games. Maybe it's the Alola region, smaller compared to other games? I however still criticise SM's postgame, lack of National Dex and lack of Mega Stones: like XY, SM were rushed.

Should GF and TPCi continue on this road in the future, I will QUIT the franchise.
>>
>>33353360
Please don't summon the helioliskposter
>>
Quit the franchise than

It's just a kids game. People over analyzie this shit too much
>>
>>33353360
I think the TPCi is struggling to find the broadest demographic possible to keep relevance. This is why games are being released annually with less and less in them (kids have short attention spans), with more smooth and cartoonish designs for a lot of the new Pokemon, etc.
More tie-ins to the anime of all things than ever before is strange. We had yellow but then... silence. Until suddenly now we have Ash Greninja and Hat Pikachu and this Lycanroc Dusk thing. Ash appearing in a photo in SM, etc. It makes no sense to suddenly have this when we had Red, Ash's game counterpart. Why else would Pokemon tie in the anime with the games if not to attract more kids to it? Kids don't care about quality, they care about quantity, so of course the series will suffer to people who want more.
One more thing, is I'm not liking where the lore of this game world is going. I feel like ORAS and XY started this with trying to lace things together but I don't trust Gamefreak to pull it off well. All I see is things getting bloated and frankly retarded before having to be reset, at best.
I don't think the games have been horrible and I still (mostly) enjoy them and can see good and bad in all of them... but something weird is going on here.
>>
Gee those sure are opinions that nobody else has and expresses daily, often dozens of times a day. We really needed a thread just for this.
>>
File: You Are A Faggot.jpg (22KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
You Are A Faggot.jpg
22KB, 627x352px
>>33353360
>All this serius shitposting
Quit the franchise
After 20 years you should know how GF make games
>>
>>33353360
>> News and updates that spoil the game and remove the surprise effect: SM spoiled Battle Tree and most of the Dex. ORAS spoiled Delta Episode and all Mega Evos. GF and TPCi need to moderate themselves on those updates or find some new way to give fans news withouth spoiling game content.
That's fucking retarded. Publicity and news bring people in. If someone doesn't want to see them then that someone should not see them or search them.

>Also, I didn't liked they enhanced Battle Tree and Battle Royale's difficulty by putting Fully Evolved Pokèmon since the first battle on Normal.
This. I like half of my time spent in a battle facility being wasted on beating shitmons, really makes me feel good about the difficulty i'm facing.

>>33353426
>what is Spiky Eared Pichu
>>
>>33353455
Stop the Spiky Eared Pichu meme already, it had an ingame story attached to it.
>>
>>33353469
You have no right to name Lycanroc Dusk then until we know more about it.

Also having a story(and what story: "it traveled with Celebi, you cannot trade or evolve it!" really amazing story) doesn't stop it from being an anime promotion.
>>
>>33353497
Fair enough you have a point about Dusk.
But until now we've never had Ash directly referenced in the games (Ash Greninja/SM photograph), so it is weird.
>>
>>33353529
Ash and Pikachu are the mascot in this shitty franchise
>>
>>33353411
Kids' games can be good, just like kids' movies can be good. Don't give something a free pass just because "hurr it's for kids"
>>
>>33355294
I'm saying if your complaining about diffectly and gameplay for kids. Than yeah it's kids. The game intended for kids

Splatoon is kids game too but older player multiplayer and competive side

That's what masuda has wanted to also. Older players play competive
>>
>>33353529
You mean a cross-franchise event Pokemon(which of we had quite a few, even before gen 6) and a muddly texture that we can't really distinguish?
>>
>>33353529
Pokemon Yellow was far more direct than even Ash Greninja or the hatchus.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.