[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I nuzlocke Sun & Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1503198509512.jpg (21KB, 376x223px) Image search: [Google]
1503198509512.jpg
21KB, 376x223px
ok, this question has been on my mind because of how sun and moon work
#1: after kukui's catching tutorial, there's a forced pikipek encounter
do i ignore it or am i forced to catch it?
#2: the walk to kukui's house/lab and trainer school are considered route 1, but have different enouters
do i go on with only two pokemon, or can i get two more?
#3: is there anything else i should know?
>>
Who cares, do what you think
>>
>>33353252
Don't oblige anything that's forced, otherwise it's missing the point.
>>
>>33353252
1. Ignore
2. Pinwheel forest rules
3. Keep Exp share on or else be prepared to get raped
>>
File: 1503009567665.gif (878KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1503009567665.gif
878KB, 300x212px
>>33353282
1. got it
2. 4 pokemon then
3. "turn exp share off," got it either that or game freak designed the game with exp share in mind, which in that case i'll keep it on

but here's the real question, starter and name?
>>
>>33353252
Read TIS anon
>>33353258
>>33353262
>>
>>33353405
Name it Hope, i don't care what it is
>>
>>33353405
Pick Rowlet, name it Flappers
>>
What I did was use a random number generator to pick my starter. 1= Rowlett. 2= Litten, 3= Poplio.

I ended up with Rowlett for mine which I hadnt used yet on a playthrough so it was neat C:
>>
>>33353252
My very first playthrough of Moon was a gen7-only nuzlocke (ignoring alolan forms and anything nongen7) so i can give some tips:
1. ignore forced encounters
2. I consider eveyr different-looking place as a new area even if it is named as the same area.
Same applies for areas that are too big and have multiple floors. I usually count those are worth 2 encounters
>don't turn on exp share until the end of ulaula or you will be overleveled and its gonna suck
>keep in mind that every patch of grass has different pokemon so choose wisely (usually, the first patches of grass have worse things)
>fire type is almost obsolete in these games
>ground type is the most op type in these games
>>
File: IMG_2669.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2669.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33353252
You... You saved my image? T-thanks op...
>>
>>33353405
>designed the game with exp share in mind
I think they actually did since the level curve system is back and some totems can easily one-shot pokes
>>
>>33354271
they designed it for you to overlvl with it on and to be underleveled with it 100% off. It's balanced if you turn it on after you face lusamine
>>
>>33353252
IMO, it could work either way. You have the choice of ignoring the Pikipek for a Route 1 encounter and you can sort of apply Pinwheel Forest clause on the two different parts of Route 1. I'd say do whichever sounds better to you.

Early game's a little rough in places. In the Trainer School. Either the teacher's Magnemite, the child's Bonsly, or the Rising Star's Alolan Grimer will give one of the three starters trouble and you only get two encounters before fighting Ilima(three if you got one by Kukui's lab, but I didn't). Smeargle with Technician and the move your starter is weak to can punch holes in your team if you're stuck with stuff like Ledyba and Yungoos. I lost all but my starter and almost wiped on Ilima. after that, it gets better and you get enough encounters to afford a loss if something unfortunate happens.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.