[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new type of New Type thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

I think a new type should only be seriously considered if AT LEAST 1 line for every generation could have it (either added on or replacing its current type). After that, type matchups and new moves and so on can be thought of next

For instance, the fan-favorite Sound type;
>Gen1 = Wigglytuff (Sound/Fairy)
>Gen2 = Misdreavus (Ghost/Sound)
>Gen3 = Exploud (Sound)
>Gen4 = Kricketune (Bug/Sound)
>Gen5 = Meloetta (Sound/Psychic-Fighting)
>Gen6 = Noivern (Dragon/Sound) or if that spergs you, Pyroar Fire/Sound
>Gen7 = Kommo-o (Dragon/Sound)
>>
>>33352786
Contact type
>>
Beast Type
1. Primeape
2. Feraligator
3. Zangoose
4. Abomasnow
5. Zoroark
6. Tyrantrum
7. Wishiwashi

>>33352786
>Not Chatot
>>
>>33352811
I did say at least one, Kricketune appears in the pokedex before Chatot so I remembered it first.
>Beast Type
I had the same idea a while back, noice
>>
i dont think that sound type is a good type jdea because, if gamefreak added sound dtlyew then they would add sound tupe already, and yhey didnt, so they obvuioosyl do not like the wag the type is, so the aveny addeddd it, and if they did they swould have to xhange types just like thwih tairy, and they changed type with dfariy, so i dont think theyl change types with soundx so i dont think they l make sound type .
>>
>>33352823
Uhm
>>
File: 1502636063663.jpg (37KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
1502636063663.jpg
37KB, 400x392px
>>33352823
y-you too
>>
>>33352786
I think A new type should introduced as it always has, a means to "balance" the game first. My major issue is that almost everyone who wants a new type neglects the main reason their introduced in the first place and that's to stop whatever type was tearing the meta a new asshole. I have no problem with sound, cosmic or light type, but what exactly does it do for the game beyond attempt to "make sense" of what fans think Pokemon should be rather than improve it.
>>
File: IMG_3667.jpg (22KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3667.jpg
22KB, 340x340px
>>33352823
>>
>>33352811
SE-Fairy,Dark,Grass,Beast
Weak-Steel, Fighting, Beast
>>
>>33352786
>Noivern being Sound is supposed to trigger my autism but Pyroar isn't
wut

>>33352823
Good point.

>>33352848
To make the game more interesting? A lot of people complain about types like Bug and Ice being underpowered.
>>
>>33352869
>Beast

okay, if we do that then we might as well implement the whole catalog of SMT types, like Yoma and Megami and Pagan and all that shit.
>>
>>33352848
OP here, I really should've specified more but I basically meant that, even if someone has an idea for a type and its moves and matchups, and whether it'll fix the meta or not, they should also consider whether it can thematically fit with current pokemon.
If it doesn't, it shouldn't be scrapped altogether, especially it its matchups and general reason for existing is for balance; it just needs a new coat of paint.

>"Yeah, Plastic will definitely put a dent in Fairies and Steel types, while being weak to Bug, Grass, and Normal helps those guys out...but I can't really see many, if any Pokemon being "Plastic". Maybe "Wild" or "Artificial" type instead?"
>>
>>33352891
Dumbass
>>
Glass Type
Weak-Fighting,Rock,Steel
SE-Ground,Flying
NVE-Fire,Water,Grass,Electric
>>
File: shiftryrage.png (26KB, 98x190px) Image search: [Google]
shiftryrage.png
26KB, 98x190px
>>33353014
>doesn't post examples of Pokemon who could be typed as Glass
reading comp, m8
>>
>>33352925
why say that, you idiot retard? they have a lot of great types.
>>
>>33352848
Because Fairy totally balanced the games. kek
>>
>>33353128
I cant think if any current ones
>>
>>33353272
We dont need sub type bs, Beast works because its not complicated
>>
Arcane type. Basically a "Magic" type.

1. Ninetales (Fire/Arcane)
2. Mismagius line (Ghost/Arcane) + Unown (Psychic/Arcane)
3. Nuzleaf+Shiftry (Grass/Arcane)
4. Bronzor line (Steel/Arcane)
5. Sigilyph (Arcane/Flying)
6. Delphox (Fire/Arcane) + Hoopa (Arcane/Psychic-Dark)
7. Primarina (Water/Arcane)

What do you think? Gen 7 is the one I'm the least sure about.
>>
>>33353306
I kinda feel psychic encompasses magick
>>
>>33353316
I thought the same thing at first, but I was looking more at pokedex entries when I made this list. Sigyliph and Delphox I included more due to their design than anything, but all the others have unique abilities described by the pokedex that are more than just "psychic powers".
>>
>>33353348
Psychic in the game isnt just psychic powers anon, its basically all magical abilities. Look at claydo for example or the lake pixies
>>
>>33353364
Claydol is described as having beams hands, but nothing overtly magical in nature. The lake pixies are literal embodiment of different aspects of the mind. It wouldn't make sense for them to be anything but psychic.
>>
File: type matchups.jpg (37KB, 642x385px) Image search: [Google]
type matchups.jpg
37KB, 642x385px
>>33352786
>>33352848
While Sound has a lot of flavor reasons to exist, I also feel that it should bring some needed type rebalancing in order to justify it's addition at this point. I came up with a match-up list for Sound (I call it Echo) with that in mind.

I took a very top-down approach to this; balancing was the primary goal with flavor justifications being secondary. So some match-ups that make some sense flavorwise (e.g. Sound beating Rock) I avoided. That said, I also tried to be original with some of these coming from "magical" aspects of sound. I can explain my reasons for these if anyone wants to know.

I personally envision Sound as similar to Grass type: an offensively weak type that makes up for it with key resistances and status and support moves. Sound gets many moves that inflict confusion, Sleep, and a new status Dazed (shared with Fighting). Most Sound moves are Special and have below average base power to further cement its role as a defensive type.

Thoughts/suggestions on this and the new type chart?
>>
Honestly I feel the most probable is Cosmic or sound.

Clefable: Fairy/Cosmic
Unknown: Psychic/Cosmic
Lunatone/Solrock: Rock/Cosmic
Deoxys: Cosmic/Psychic
Cresselia: Cosmic
Beeheeyem: Cosmic/Psychic
Minior: Rock/Cosmic
Solgaleo: Cosmic/Steel
Lunala: Cosmic/Ghost

SE on: Ground, Flying, Water
NFE on: Fire, Psychic, Dragon
No Effect: Dark
Resists: Ground, Rock, Flying, Water
Weak to: Psychic, Fire, Dragon
Immune to: Dark

What do you guys think? What if it was introduced into Sinnoh remakes and there were regional variants of Pokemon like Magnezone that were Cosmic/Steel or Cosmeon eeveelution.
>>
>>33354155
Cosmic is essentially Dragon/Psychic/Ghost
>>
>>33354155
>No Effect: Dark
>Immune to: Dark

Dark is Evil type FYI. Not the literal darkness of space.
>>
>>33354256
Yeah, I did forget about that. Idk cosmic seemed more fun to do but honestly sound would be the most practical
>>
Not possible and pretty retarded; but.
Kaiju type
>Gen 1
Nido Line(Kaiju/Ground)
>Gen 2
Feraligatr(Water/Kaiju)
Tyranitar(Rock/Kaiju)
>Gen 3
Slaking(Normal/Kaiju)
Aggron(Steel/Kaiju)
>Gen 4
Carnivine(Grass/Kaiju)
>Gen 5
Haxorus(Dragon/Kaiju)
>Gen 6
Zygarde(Dragon/Kaiju)
>Gen 7
Guzzlord(Dark/Kaiju)

Immune to Fairy(Because hope is lost when they appear)
Resists Steel, Fire, and Water(Conventional weaponry = shit and Kaiju tend to live in water)
Weak to Poison, Electric, and Bug(Yongarry got fucked by being poisoned, Godzilla got fucked up by being electrocuted, and Mothra fucks up all other Kaiju)
Super Effective against Fairy, Steel, and Normal(Cities = Shit and hope is lost)
Not very effective against Bug(Mothra takes beams rather well)
>>
>>33354304
What about just Beast type
>>
File: Rodan.gif (880KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
Rodan.gif
880KB, 480x368px
>>33354312
>>
>>33354321
Ok...
>>
File: retyped moves.jpg (156KB, 650x718px) Image search: [Google]
retyped moves.jpg
156KB, 650x718px
>>33353998
Retyped moves

I changed the mechanics of a few moves for balancing purposes. Boomburst in particular would have been way too OP (IMO it already is).

There are a few borderline cases like Growl or Metal Sound that I decided fit their original type better. The only reason I didn't leave Roar as Normal type was to better distinguish it from Whirlwind.

As you can see, Sound as is has a problem: no physical moves. I'll post some new moves for the type later that hopefully fix that problem. Feel free to suggest any.
>>
>>33353998

I like a lot of these ideas.

I feel it should be super effective against water types for how well sound travels in bodies of water. Sonar is very effective in this way. I think it's an essential for a sound type to be strong against water in terms of what makes sense in life.

I also really like the idea of sound being ineffective against sound, because sound waves can physically cancel each other out. And being half effective against ice is clever, for the way snow pads out sound and creates a "silent night."

I'd really like to hear your logic behind a lot of these. Clearly some thought going on here.
>>
>>33353998
I feel like sound should be SE agaibst Psychic
>>
Here is a short list of types that can work

Beast/Creature/Animal/Bird
Kaiju/Monster
Plastic/Artificial/Object/Rubber/Glass
Cyber/Digital
Alien/Cosmic/Mystic

Or Gamefreak could just fix Ice Types.
>>
>>33354685
Beast and Monster should be the same
>>
File: retyped mons.jpg (112KB, 639x730px) Image search: [Google]
retyped mons.jpg
112KB, 639x730px
>>33354438
Retyped old mons

For comparison, Fairy retyped 22 old mons.
>>
>>33354719
Why maractus
>>
>>33354438

Ability:

Epicenter - Attackers who come in contact with this Pokémon may become confused.

White Noise - Prevents all stat changes while this Pokémon is on the field.

Pitch Perfect - Accuracy increases with each successful hit.

Physical move ideas:

Bass Canon - The targeted Pokémon is hit by a powerful blast of low, concentrated sound waves.

Vibrate - The Pokémon makes contact with the targeted Pokémon, and emits a high frequency wave to shake them to the core.

Shriek - The targeted Pokémon's ears are stricken with a high pitched shriek. May reduce evasiveness.

Sonic Assault - A series of sonic pulses are launched in the direction of a Pokémon. May hit 2-5 times.

Disruption - (Sound type Sucker Punch.)

Amplitude - Pokémon emits a loud noise. Effective against Sound type Pokémon.

Echo Chamber - This move does the same amount of damage as the last move.

Doppler Charge - Does extra damage depending on the speed boost applied to the Pokémon.

Status ideas:

Beat Signal - Raises an ally Pokémon's evasiveness stat. (Named in reference to Morse code.)

Inversion - Negates all other Sound type moves used this turn.

Mach Speed - Sharply increases speed for two turns.
>>
>>33354732

Probably cause of maracas
>>
>>33354475
I'll admit I don't have any real justification for Psychic beating Sound other than giving Psychic types a much need buff.

>>33354459
I agree with your point on Water. Water could use an extra weakness anyway.

Here's more logic for the others:

>Fairy
Bells were used as a protective charm against fairies in medieval Europe.
>Ghost
Japanese superstition about saying "moshi moshi" when answering the phone. Also just chants in general.
>Bug
Insect hear frequencies much higher than most vertebrates. You could argue either way for this one, but I chose to make it a resist to give Bugs a much needed buff.
>Electric
Speed of light vs speed of sound yada-yada
>Grass
Plants supposedly grow faster when exposed to music.
>Ice
The speed of sound decreases with temperature.
>Ground/Steel
Sound travels faster through a denser medium.
>>
File: 2253136.jpg (19KB, 277x388px) Image search: [Google]
2253136.jpg
19KB, 277x388px
>>33354702
Top chucklefucks; Gabara could kick Cerberus to space.
>>
>>33354945
Who?
>>
>>33354951
One of the weakest Godzilla monsters.
>>
>>33354900
Psychic relies on concentration, sound should disrupt that.
>>
File: image.png (539KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539KB, 640x1136px
>>33352823
>>
>>33353295

Then get out and come back when you learn to read.
>>
>>33354977
Wow rude
>>
>>33355006

Hope I didn't hurt your little feelings.
>>
>>33355037
You did :(
>>
>>33352786
Calorie type
Gen 1=Snorlax (Normal/Calorie)
Gen 2=Miltank (Calorie)
Gen 3=Grumpig (Psychic/Calorie)
Gen 4=Vespiquen (Bug/Calorie)
Gen 5=Vanilluxe (Ice/Calorie)
Gen 6=Slurpuff (Fairy/Calorie)
Gen 7=Mudsdale (Ground/Calorie)
>>
>>33354719
Add Pyroar, it fits in nicely
>>
>>33356982
Beast overcomes nature
>>
>>33352869
How the hell does beast beat grass?

Beasts are carnivores, you dumbass.
>>
>>33356990
Not really. Beasts are portrayed as wild animals. If anything, they depend on nature.

Also did you notice that grass already has five weaknesses?
>>
>>33357013
Alright how about Bug than
>>
>>33357027
That's fine. Just don't make bug resist it.
>>
>>33357043
I meant SE on bug so yeah, and naw it doesnt need resistance besides fairy and dragon id say
>>
>add Sound type
>add Light type

on top of that

>Flying becomes Wind
>Ground, Steel and Rock morph and becomes Earth
>Electric merges with Fire, it's just Fire now
>Ice merges with Water, it's just Water now
>>
>>33357137
Bad ideas
>>
>>33357280
That's the point. This entire thread is retarded.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.